West of Words (Alec Lightwood)

Por Kato_Holmes

Book one in the Varian Bane Duology Book Two "Winter Blooms" in progress. Varian Fairchild was raised in the... Mais

πŸ— Extended Summary πŸ—
πŸ— Cast πŸ—
πŸ— Character Profile πŸ—
πŸ— Secondhand Warlock πŸ—
πŸ— Epigraph πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter One πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Two πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Three πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Four πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Five πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Six πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Seven πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Eight πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Nine πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Ten πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Eleven πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Twelve πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Thirteen πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Fourteen πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Fifteen πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Sixteen πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Seventeen πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Eighteen πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Nineteen πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Twenty πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Twenty-One πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Twenty-Two πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Twenty-Three πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Twenty-Four πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Twenty-Five πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Twenty-Six πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Twenty-Seven πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Twenty-Eight πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Twenty-Nine πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Thirty πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Thirty-One πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Thirty-Two πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Thirty-Three πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Thirty-Four πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Thirty-Five πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Thirty-Six πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Thirty-Seven πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Thirty-Eight πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Thirty-Nine πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Forty πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Forty-One πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Forty-Two πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Forty-Three πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Forty-Four πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Forty-Five πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Forty-Six πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Forty-Seven πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Forty-Eight πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Forty-Nine πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Fifty πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Fifty-One πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Fifty-Three πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Fifty-Four πŸ—
πŸ— A/N πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Fifty-Five πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Fifty-Six πŸ—
πŸ— Chapter Fifty-Seven πŸ—
πŸ— Book Two πŸ—

πŸ— Chapter Fifty-Two πŸ—

2.1K 81 13
Por Kato_Holmes

Varian was, naturally, entirely unaware of everything going on with both his father and his boyfriend. His attention focused solely on the fact that it was raining, and he had no idea where he was going.

His sword had transformed into its miraged form of an umbrella without Varian using magic, and it was held above his head in his steady right hand, the left patting rhythmically on his thigh.

He'd been wandering for the past few hours, following an unseen trail left by those that worked with Valentine. There was a feeling in the air that Varian was entirely unable to place, as though everyone in New York had suddenly decided to hold their breath, despite the improbability of it.

Varian's shoulders rolled slightly, he'd taken a seat on a bench just beside the water way, his eyes scanning across the water in an attempt to notice anything even vaguely strange about the way the water moved. A ship as large as the freighter would leave some form of wake, despite however many Warlocks that Valentine had enslaved to keep the ship hidden, it was entirely impossible for something as large as that to disappear entirely in any setting.

He was barefooted, despite the fact that the rain and the pavement made his feet cold, he sat with them flat on the ground, little bursts of magic shot into the ground at even intervals. Varian was waiting for a sign, or more specifically the feeling of any of Valentine's men setting foot on land.

Then suddenly it was there, just on the edge of his magic, a small flicker of Valentine's new Shadowhunters.

Or more specifically, Valentine himself.

The barrier around his ship had faded, only slightly, but enough for Varian to catch hold of its location, his shoes forgotten by the bench as he stood and started towards the water.

Varian cannot swim.

The idea of having to cross the expanse of the river was one that entirely terrified him, an accident when he was a child was something that threw him for a loop any time he was near water.

Varian stepped off of the pier, his magic holding him just above the top of the water. With confidence that he did not realize he possessed, Varian took off running, one foot in front of the other as he kept his eyes trained on the ship.

He had three goals, the first was of course to get Jace off the ship. The second was to get every Downworlder and Mundane off in a timely manor, and the third was to get rid of the ship itself. Each was undoubtedly going to be a strain on his magic, but he had already solved that specific issue.

Despite Alec's near command of not forming a link with Valentine, Varian had already made the decision and prepared himself for what was to come.

Valentine's soul was an icky gross mess that mixed with Varian's in a threatening smog, but he was much stronger than the smog. In an almost cliche way Varian's soul was more like flowers and butterflies, the opposite of the father that he had never wanted, but much closer to his baba's (whose own soul was foxes, despite every statement he made to the opposite).

Varian almost crashed into the ship before catching himself seconds before. The buzz of the ward was not as strong as he would have thought, given his inference at how many Warlocks he thought were holding it up. A press of his hand to the ward, and a small pulse of lilac was all that it took to cause it to shiver, shake, before fading in such a way that Varian could slip in.

He took a deep breath as his magic brought him up the side of the ship, his hand catching a hold on the bottom rail. Varian let his magic fade as he held on, pulling himself to see through the rails, before clamoring over the top and coming to rest on his toes on the other side.

Varian was a ghost as he wove through the ship, coming within touching range of people and yet their eyes glanced over him unseen. It was an accidental talent that Varian took full advantage of whenever he needed it, whether it was through his magic that the talent came from or through the Empath part of Varian it was very useful in nearly any situation.

He made his way to the belly of the ship, pausing many times as he felt the terror and tears of every trapped Downworlder, the feeling of them overwhelming. The vague memories of his last time on the ship were addled by the pain that he was going through in the moment, and so as he finally settled on the floor of the belly, the look of it all was entirely shocking.

Cages covering every wall, dozens of Downworlders in each, Vampires, Werewolves, and a dash of Warlocks. The room was dark, gloomy, as if reflecting the mood of the terrified Downworlders in their cages.

Varian continued forward, muttering a few spells to ease those in pain as best he could. He promised to himself that he would not leave without them, his eyes scanning the room as he looked for Jace. The blonde mop of hair flashing just at the edge of his vision, he started towards where he had seen the Shadowhunter, his steps light on the ground, cautious to not make any sound.

"Varian Bane." A harsh whisper came from the cage nearest to Varian, and he paused, turning slightly despite the fact that he was sure whoever it wasn't couldn't see him.

It was Dorothea, or rather Dot. Varian was not well acquainted with the female Warlock, but his baba  was, and for that reason he started to approach the cage.

She looked at him in an unseeing way, her eyes glazing over him, and with a sudden realization, he noticed she had not seen him but rather felt his magic. Varian reached through the cage, pressing a hand to the exposed skin on her shoulder, accidentally startling her before she visibly relaxed into the touch.

"Varian." Her voice was softer, but still scratched as it left her throat. "What are you doing here?" She was obviously terrified, the black-grey color surrounding her displaying the emotion for Varian's eyes alone.

"I'm here to help." Varian's voice was just barely above a whisper, low enough that it could be mistaken for a brush of the wind or a statement of pain from any of the Downworlders in the room. "I've got to get Jace Wayland out of here first, but then it's you and every other Downworlder trapped on the ship. I will not leave you."

Such confidence shocked Dorothea, but she nodded, a smile cracking her dry lips, she looked absolutely horrid, but Varian did not comment. Instead, he reached further, lifting his hand from her shoulder to the side of her face, a small pulse of emerald green healing magic passed through the bond. The exhaustion faded from Dorothea's eyes and she sighed.

"Thank you Varian Bane." Her voice was not as harsh as it had been before, and Varian smiled as a comfort, feeling awful as he left the Warlock in her cage to follow after Jace.

Despite every wish that he had to let them free now, he knew that waiting was the better option. To free the Downworlders first would alert Valentine to an unwanted presence on the ship, and potentially send him running with Jace in tow. It was best to wait, and as Varian weaved his way through the cages he let himself push their terror away, following only on the blonde hair just on the edge of grasp.

Jace looked absolutely awful when Varian finally caught up, his eye black and blue and his hands hung from a chain above him. He was shirtless, bleeding awfully from injuries to his chest and stomach.

Varian reached for him, his fingers brushing lightly as he unhooked him. Jace fell to his knees, the shock of hitting the ground waking him, he looked up in a panic trying to find whatever the threatening force was.

"Jace it's me, it's Varian love." His voice was soft as he carded a hand through Jace's hair in a comforting way, brushing the strands off of his damp forehead. "I'm going to get you out of here."

Jace looked astonished, and grateful as Varian helped him to his feet. "Is Alec here?" His words slurred and rasped out. Varian winced in a sympathetic way, forcing his emerald magic to heal the Shadowhunter at a faster pace.

"No, he doesn't even know I'm here." Varian sounded slightly strained, the effort of holding the fit Shadowhunter in a standing position while healing him was already taking a toll. "I'm going to portal you to shore, I'll tuck you away until you're ready to move, but I've got to come back here to let everyone else-"

"Don't forget Clary."

Usually Varian would not hesitate to chastise someone for the interruption, but this was welcomed. "Clary is here?" A nod from the Shadowhunter was not a comfort. "I'll be sure to get her as well, but you're priority."

Jace only grunted as a response.

Continuar a ler

TambΓ©m vai Gostar

197K 7.1K 74
This will be a collection of short stories of Magnus Bane x Alec Lightwood from the series The Mortal instruments, although I will primarily be going...
9.3K 426 22
A sequel to my first story, Born Confused! *__________________* Upon waking up from a year long coma, Alec Lightwood soon learns his life with Magnus...
59.5K 2.2K 29
Magnus Bane made Alec Lightwood, the love of his life ,immortal. But would he be able to cope up with the consequences that are coming.Would the 'imm...
69.8K 2.4K 15
Twins. The oldest, a warlock. The youngest, a shadowhunter. Both were raised in lives the other could not follow. But that was changed on the day of...