THE MULTIVERSAL CRIMINAL

STRILON

A girl with secrets. Secrets on which the very fabric of space and time are threatened of their existence. "W... Еще

Copyright Notice + Awards + Covers
Prologue: Rays Of Fire
Cast and Bios!
Chapter 1: The Distress Call
New Character Spotted! #1
New Characters Spotted! #2
Chapter 3: A Wretched World
New Character Spotted! #3
Chapter 4: The Crime
New Characters Spotted! #4
Chapter 5: The Galactic Black Market
New Characters Spotted #5
Chapter 6: Travelling To The Unknown
New Characters Spotted! #6
Chapter 7: Observance
New Character Spotted! #7
Chapter 8: The Blue Dolphins
New Character Spotted! #8
Chapter 9: Reconstruction
Chapter 10: Filling Up
Chapter 11: In Pursuit
Chapter 12: Interrogation
Chapter 13: Planning And Contemplation
Chapter 14: Energy Burst
New Characters Spotted! #9
Chapter 15: Meeting The Gods
Chapter 16: Descent
Chapter 17: Surveillance And Retrieval
Chapter 18: Transcendence
New Character Spotted! #10
Chapter 19: Awakening
Chapter 20: Accepting Afterlife
Chapter 21: Research And Adaptation
Chapter 22: Exploration: Part 1
New Character Spotted! #11
Chapter 22: Exploration Part 2
Chapter 23: Dependence
New Character Spotted! #12
Chapter 24: Vengeance
Chapter 25: Hoax And Dreams
Chapter 26: Search For The Key
New Character Spotted! #13
Chapter 27: The Union
New Characters Spotted! #14
Chapter 28: Retracing To Oblivion: Part 1
New Character Spotted! #15
Chapter 28: Retracing To Oblivion: Part 2
Chapter 29: Unleashing The Contained
Chapter 30: Ascend, Approach And Dissapear
Chapter 31: Encounter: Part 1
New Character Spotted! #16
Chapter 31: Encounter: Part 2
Chapter 32: Battle For The Multiverse: Part 1
Chapter 32: Battle For The Multiverse: Part 2
Chapter 33: Escape
Chapter 34: The Final Battle
Chapter 35: The Symbiotic World: Part 1
Chapter 35: The Symbiotic World: Part 2
Chapter 36: Mitosis
Chapter 37: What It Means To Be Home
New Character Spotted! #17
Chapter 38: The Puppeteer
Epilogue: Keeping Your Word
Acknowledgments

Chapter 2: The Heist

137 21 120
STRILON

From under one of a kind spacecraft, a pod detached and entered the atmosphere of Destum, the fourth planet in the Iridian Solar System. It made its way smoothly through the dense atmosphere and thrusted powerfully above a hill. Then it slowly parked itself before a hotel.

The Gree Hotel of Fosin was famous for its exquisite shows and entertainment facility, and a great many rich people, during their lavish holidays in Darbum, chose it for their stay.

Dancers from across the galaxies showed acrobatic tricks, cultural presentations of their native land and also special presentations that well known companies sponsored. The shows were aired everyday in Fosin at close to supper time.

Erkum Gutsu, a wealthy businessman and owner of a mining company of the Sart solar system was spending his vacation in The Gree Hotel. He was a native of the system and their kind was revered across the Galactic Union for their hardwork and service. A lot of improvements had been made in the production of various commodities thanks to them.

Erkum had earned a lot in the years since he started working and owned a teleportation device. Only the wealthy like him could afford to buy such an expensive device. The Galactic Patrol had to be consulted first for purchasing it, and it also required special training to handle. The only other method for instantaneous travel were wormholes, totally out of league to afford by any individual. They were only used for public causes and were funded by large companies (larger than his) and the governments of nations.

After working in a company that operated from space for most of his life and constantly eyeing the workers to ensure the job was done perfectly, space had lost much of its essence to him. And the journeys were often long. So why travel when one of his status could jump instantaneously to places? He had thus bought himself the device. No more long travels for him.

In the hall, before the stage were crowded a bunch of women, chattering amongst themselves and laughing maniacally. He scoffed and looked away, creating as much distance between him and them that he felt healthy.

Though being a bachelor, he was a misogynist. From the many times he had been rejected by women, he had grown a strong dislike towards the gender altogether. Except his relatives, he disliked even associating himself with any woman. The reason his company was solely operated by males. But being a company that was totally focussed on mining and export- it was better off that way. After all males were stronger than females, he'd say.

However, he didn't mind watching entertainment shows with any female performers. Nobody could argue, that they were much more agile and able to perform difficult moves with their lightweight slender bodies.

After having his dinner which consisted of different types of fishes brought by the human kind- an obvious nod to his reptilian appearance- he supported his swollen green self on one of the five hundred leather seats and waited for the show to start.

And just before the curtains drew aside, a shadowy figure made way towards the elevator, clicked in Erkum's floor number and ascended, his dark robe concealing his identity.

__________

The dancers today, performed Odissi, an ancient Indian traditional dance of Earth.

Erkum smiled at the facial expressions of the performers and the chimes of the tiny bells fastened at their ankles in a chain.

He was served desserts free of cost and he relished his taste buds with the variety of ice creams and his eyes with the classical dance performance.

The lights on the stage mirrored the sunlight of Earth and special holographic effects created a natural landscape with trees swaying in a soft breeze and birds trilling. The floor was real soil.

Even the dancers who were surely not all of Indian origin and mostly belonged to some other alien race or other human races, had holographic filters that changed their appearance during their performance to portray twenty year old females of the native land where this dance had originated from.

One could now understand what brought these shows to such popularity.

Now starlight took place of sunlight and the atmosphere changed with the tempo as did the environment behind the performers. A cameraman was recording the whole performance and live feeding the public who enjoyed from their homes.

About half an hour later, the show ended.

The girls now in their true forms, thanked the audience with their palms placed together in a similar fashion as to how the Indian people prayed.

Erkum clapped in satisfaction, with a wide grin falling accross his face.

Now a bit sleepy and contented with the night performance, Erkum made way to retire in his suite.

He was given a souvenir from the hotel on his way back. A metallic sculpture of an Indian deity, a special for the night. Saraswati was written in bold letters in the front and he assumed it to be the name of the goddess. He was further provided the information that she was associated with songs and traditional dance in the Indian culture.

He was liking how he was being treated. Exactly how I should be treated for the amount I'm paying. He thought, pride manifesting on his visage.

The elevator chimed and the doors opened and receded into the sides. He entered. A seat came out of the back wall of the elevator and he groaned as he supported his body over the projection. His room was on the tenth floor, the highest in the hotel. Even with such a small number, his room offered a phenomenal view of the city through the all glass wall. The hotel was built on a hill and had numerous public floors within it. The hotel's floors were at an interval of five public floors, that included cinema halls and parks and malls. Thus the view from the height. However the elevators had special access to only the hotel staff and its guests. To the public floors, the doors didn't open. Ever. Except in cases of emergency.

Among the many things that ran in his mind as the elevator ascended to its destination, the thought occurred to him that he should give the hotel a good review with a five star rating before leaving the next day.

The bell chimed again and the doors opened into the sides. He got up letting out another groan. The chair receded back into its opening.

As he made his way towards his room, he noticed in the hallway clock that it was well past midnight. No wonder why he was so tired.

Stopping before his door he gasped.

The room was unlocked.

H-how could this be? I swear to Ush, I locked it before leaving. Am I losing my mind or what?

He gruffed in frustration, and went inside. Probably the signs of old age were showing.

Clink!

His souvenir fell on the ground.

"Wh-who are you!" he barely formed words.

A dark silhouette of a figure stood by his bed. On the floor was his most prized possession- the teleportation device.

"I'd be needing this," the voice proclaimed. It had a rough texture and had a hidden intensity.

The hand of the silhouette glowed for an eternal moment, exposing its metallic nature, and it shot a ray straight at him.

The last thing Erkum saw before his body went limp was a light. A red light. Coming out of the shadowy form's face.

Erkum's body fell dead at the figure's feet. He retracted his metallic hand, the hole in his palm still warm from taking the shot, charged ions leaping out of it. Then he slowly stepped towards the device that lay at his feet and prepared for teleportation.

__________

Instantaneously his body manifested within his pod. He smirked.

Nobody would be able to trace him. The murder of Erkum Gutsu would forever remain a mystery.

His identity was successfully concealed as he had planned and he was able to retrieve what he had come to Destum for. The teleportation device was now in his possession.

The pod shot upwards into the sky again and disappeared beneath his ship. The same ship that was infamous accross galaxies.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Heiress in Distress Asia Claire ♕

Любовные романы

10.1K 1.4K 44
When forced to take a wrecked plane in an endless sky of riddles, Mira chooses to skydive. Only to land on the turbulence that is Elias, a prosperous...
168K 8.9K 60
Callista Genovese never wanted to be part of the family business. She enjoyed the anonymity of being a teacher in a land where she was not the killer...
Twin At First Sight |✓| Sneha Ramanathan

Подростковая литература

198K 5.8K 32
I felt the tears rise and I looked down for a minute, gathering all of my resolve. I looked up again and stared him right in the eye. "You know what...
1K 406 143
No one ever knows the whole story... Nestled deep in the forests of the Pacific Northwest, something is emerging. Kept in absolute secrecy, it seeps...