Love Me If You Can

Af Asia_Denise_

BOOK 2!!! It's been three years, since Delondon and Micah broke up. In those three years 22 year Delondon has... Mere

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Alternate Ending
New Story

Chapter 17

3.2K 207 80
Af Asia_Denise_

Delondon's P.O.V

It's been well over a month since I last seen or spoken to Micah and I- well I honestly missed him. I honestly didn't realize that he had began to become a part of my every day life. I missed him but I wasn't going to let him know that plus I think it's for the best. Every time we try to be together, some drama always goes down. It's like it's not meant to be.

"Y'all need to fix it" Amber said. I was currently looking for something to wear to her rehearsal dinner for the wedding. She called me to see if Micah and I spoke yet. She was worried that we would argue while walking down the aisle because we had previously been paired up together.

"I get what you're saying but Amber I'm not speaking to his ass at all, so you don't have to worry about me going off on him or anything" I said laying out my options. It was the night before the wedding, and I know once the rehearsal and dinner was over we would more than likely go out for a few hours.

"Girl it's not even about that, I just really want y'all to speak." she said. Amber was always the one for peace. She never got into anybody's business, but she would always encourage people to make things right.

"I make no promises, but maybe" I said getting out my options for my shoes. We said our goodbyes and I started trying on the 5 options I had to wear. I want to be cute and sexy yet classy. I decided on a thin spaghetti strap silky gold dress. It hugged my body in all the right places. I paired it with some black strappy heels and black choker. For the wedding Amber wanted everyone to have the same hairstyle so I had a fresh shoulder length bob. I did light make-up and I was ready to go. I gave myself a once over and then I grabbed my phone and keys and left the house.

Arriving at the church I checked my phone to make sure I was on time and just like always I was about 15 minutes late. Damn. I jumped out of my car and speed walked into the church and up the stairs. I quietly opened the door to the sanctuary, yet everyone still stopped to look at me. Amber made a face, I mouthed a sorry and walked over to where the rest of the bridesmaids were.

"Give me a second pastor" Amber said leaving from her spot and walking over to me. "You're behind Amor" she said. I quickly got into my spot and she went back to hers. We continued with the rehearsal and then we went downstairs to the fellowship all where the guest had started to arrive for the dinner. I took my seat at the bridesmaid table as everyone continued to fill in.

"Now tell me why your ass was late" Amber said walking over to the table.

"I lost track of time, I swear" I said standing up and reaching for a hug. She hugged me back. I pulled away. "You look beautiful Mrs. Antonio Williams" I said looking at her. She had a beautiful royal blue mermaid dress. She smiled.

"Thank you and you're looking extra cute too" she said side eyeing me.

"Girl this old thing" I said rubbing my hands on my dress. She laughed.

"Micah's looking at you" she said smiling. My hands immediately flew to my hair.

"Forreal? How I look? I asked in a hurry. Amber fell out laughing.

"I'm just playing with you boo" she said laughing. I mugged her. "I knew you got all dressed for a reason" she said shaking her head. I rolled my eyes.

"Ain't nobody get dressed up for him" I said making a face.

"Y'all two are truly meant to be. Y'all both put up with each other, you'll get through this" Amber said. I frowned.

"Put up with each other? I don't do nothing" I said. Amber made a face.

"Awe, you sweet baby, you think you're innocent. Girl you are a over dramatic cry baby, who can be very disrespectful when mad, so yes he puts up with you" she said nodding her head. I started to pout.

"You don't know what you're talking about it" I said.

"And there it is... I have to go greet some guest but I'll see you at the Bachelorette party baby cakes" she said hugging me again before walking away. By this time Amor had finally made her way to the table.

"Why are you pouting now" she asked in a whine.

"I am not pouting" I said slightly stomping. She shook her head no.

"See, yea, I'm not doing this today"? she said walking away. I made a face. Did she really just walk away from me. What the hell?

"Delondon" I heard a voice say. I looked over and saw Micah.

"Micah" I stated looking a way from him.

"How are you?" he asked. He was rocking slightly and had his hands in his pockets.

"Couldn't be better" I answered.

"That's good, same thing here" he said. We fell into an awkward silence. Yea, I'm not sure why he's still standing over here. I went to walk away and he grabbed my wrist. I turned around to curse him the fuck out but before I could say anything he started talking. "Look I just want to apologize for how I reacted when I found that shit out. I shouldn't have said that you couldn't be trusted and I still want us to move forward as friends" he said.

I raised an eyebrow "As friends"? I questioned.

"I mean you know how I feel about you. I just feel like this past month we took a few steps back, it's not like we can pick up right where we left off." He said. I nodded my head. He made a lot of sense.

Before I could respond one of the groomsmen walked over to Micah "Hey man, some girl name Kendra is at the door. She said she's your date or something" he said. My ears perked up at the word date and Micah made a face.

"Thanks man" he said with a fake smile.

"Date? Oh so we're bringing dates to our friend's wedding activities?" I asked with a smile.

"Before you trip..." he started. I stopped him.

"Trip? Me? No I'm not tripping. I don't have the right to trip. If you want to bring your whores to our friend's wedding then you do that. In fact I'm glad that you have a date, so I wouldn't feel bad about bringing my date to the actual Wedding tomorrow" I said with a smile.

He frowned "Oh you have a date" he asked.

"Yea I have a date" I responded.

"Oh ok...um who is he"? he asked frowning.

"Uh you can meet him tomorrow" I said simply. "Isn't Kendra waiting for you at the door? You may want to go get her" I said pointing towards the door.

"De I-" he started but I stopped him.

"Aht Kendra" I said still pointing at the door. He tried to speak again and I kept stopping him. He soon walked away. I looked around for Amber in a hurry. Once I spotted her I speed walked over to her. I tapped her on her shoulder.

"Can I speak to you for a moment" I asked she nodded and stepped away. "I know it's last minute but I need to bring a date tomorrow" I said making a nervous face.

"Uht uht, De this is last minute. We already have the seating arrangements and just about over our capacity limit" she said frowning.

"I know but Amber pleasseeeee" I begged.

"Girl why didn't you R.S.V.P for an extra person" she asked.

"I didn't know Micah was bringing a date" I said. Her eyes got big.

"This is why you want to bring a date" Amber asked me in a 'bitch really tone'.

"Yessss, come on Amber. I swear I'll owe you big time" I said still begging. She sighed.

"Chicken or beef?" she said. I squealed lowly.

"Both, he can eat" I said smiling. She side eyed me. My smile immediately dropped.

"Chicken" I said with a straight face. She rolled her eyes and gave her a hug and smiled.

"Get off me and I better have a nice ass wedding gift too" she said. I smiled.

The rest of the rehearsal dinner went very smoothly. After everything was said and done we went to the hotel where we would be staying the night and where we would be getting ready for the wedding the next morning and where the reception would be. The hotel was only about 5 minutes away from the church. It was very important to Amber that she had a church Wedding. Once we were all checked into our respective rooms we all changed for the Bachelorette party.

***

The Wedding was beyond beautiful. It made me so happy to see two of my favorite people come together as one. I am glad that I was able to be a part of something so special.

"They did this" Amor said as we leaned against the bar at the reception. We were looking around at all the decorations and people.

"Girl they had be at the open bar" I said as I finished my drink. Amor laughed.

"Ok, after the morning we had" she said. I frowned at the memory. The Wedding was beautiful, but this morning was a mess. Amor got a call from Chris at 8 this morning saying Tonio was missing, which made us realize that Amber was missing. For two hours we searched the hotel for the both of them scared that we had lost them the night before only for them to be together. Apparently, they snuck out to see each other and ended up falling asleep.

"Don't remind me" I said shaking my head.

"Shit, I need to take Chris his drink. I'll be back girl" Amor said grabbing Chris's melted drink from the bar and walking away swiftly. I laughed. I stood there sipping on my drink, lighting moving to the beat of the music. I could hear someone walk up to the bar but I paid it no mind. I mean it's an open bar people been walking up all night.

"Where did your date go?" Micah asked. I turned to look at him and rolled my eyes. I'm not in the mood for his bullshit.

"Family emergency, he had to leave early" I said. Shortly after dinner was served Trey got a call that his mom was in a car accident. I had been texting him from the wedding making sure everything was ok. Thank Goodness it was just a finder binder, he offered to come back but I told him was ok and to spend the rest of the night with his mom.

"I didn't realize your date was Trey Smith, son of one the biggest rappers from the 90's" he said. I shrugged my shoulders.

"It's information I didn't offer, so how could you know" I replied.

"Kid comes from money, let me guess he bought you that Chanel bag I've seen you with" he asked with a smirk in his voice. I turned to look at him.

"What's it to you? Better yet why the fuck are you over here bothering me. Don't you have a date?" I asked getting irritated. It didn't help that I had a nice bit of liquor in my system either.

He held his hand up in surrender "Hey I'm just connecting the dots here" he said. I looked at him confused. What fucking dots. Before I spazzed on him I sat my drink down at the bar and walked off. He had done pissed me off. I could hear him walking behind, I didn't stop to turn around. I kept walking towards the part if the ballroom were the restrooms were located that nobody were using. I felt him grab my wrist.

"Get your hands off me" I yelled but not loudly. Nobody could hear me because we were on a different side of the ballroom and the music was playing.

"I'm just really trying to figure this out. Like what do you want from a nigga. I can buy you Chanel and shit too" he said. I snatched my wrist from his grasp.

"You're fucking stupid. I never asked for him or you to buy me anything. Why are you so worried about what another man does for me? Last time I checked I couldn't be trusted, so why are you bothering me?" I asked. He was bothering me and it was pissing me off.

"And I'm sorry for saying that, I truly am?" he said. He looked sincere but so has he all the others times he's apologized.

"That's all I ever hear from you, how sorry you are. Yea you're sorry. A sorry excuse for a man. Not please leave me alone." I said trying to move around him. He pulled me into this room. It looked like a little kitchen area.

"Tell me why you're really mad. You was ready to forgive and forget, is it because I brought Kendra to the Wedding cause De if you would have just said that you didn't want me to bring a date then I wouldn't have" he said. He was now in my face. He wasn't yelling but talking with a lot of passion in his voice.

"Why would you even think that was ok anyway? But no that's not problem. Yea I was pissed off about it yesterday but Micah I'm over this, I'm over you" I yelled at him. I feel like it's a never-ending thing with us and I'm tired of it.

"You're not over us. I know you still love me" he said placing his hands on my hips. I placed my hands on his and pushed them off. My body still heated up at the slight touch. "Come on De, whatever you want me to do. I'll do it. I'm tired of this back and forth shit too. I just want to be with you".

I rolled my eyes and turned my head. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I lifted my arms and pushed him as hard as I could. "I want you to leave me alone and stop lying to me. You don't fucking love me" I said.

"Yes I do" he said walking closer. I reached my hand up to slap him but he caught it and before I knew his lips were on mine. I wanted so bad to fight it but I couldn't, I just couldn't. I kissed him back. His hands attacked my body and everything felt blissful. He deepened the kiss by inserting his tongue in my mouth. He pulled me closer. My hands wrapped around his head as his found their way to my ass. Finally out of breath he pulled away from the kiss, which I'm thankful for because I could not find in me to pull away although I was finding it hard to breath. He rested his forehead against mine. "I just want us to get it together".

His arms wrapped around my waist and I felt safe. That's something that confused me. Any time he touched my by body would heat up and I would crave his touch even more but it always felt calming at the same time. "Maybe it's just not meant to be" I whispered.

"We're definitely meant to be, I think maybe we just need to start over. Re introduce us. Start fresh and forget about everything that's happened in the past" he said. I nodded my head. I get what he was saying but I still had my doubts. "Look the reception is about to end. I'm going to take Kendra home and come over and we can talk. That's good with you" I thought about for a minute and I said ok. We walked back to the rest of the reception. I could see him tap Kendra on the shoulders and then lead her towards the exist.

"Where you been" Amor asked.

"Restroom" I said. She gave me a look but didn't say anything else.
"Chris and I are leaving. You still want that ride" she asked. I nodded my head.

"Let me say bye to Tonio and Amber and I'll be there" I said. She said ok and I walked over to the happy couple.

"You two are beautiful. Have fun on the honeymoon and bring me back a niece or nephew" I said giving them both a hug.

"Please don't give him any ideas" Amber said rolling her eyes yet smiling.

"Hey she'll be pregnant by day 2" Tonio said smirking. I laughed. I'm so happy for them. I said my good byes and went outside to find Chris and Amor.

All throughout the ride home, my mind was on Micah and everything he said, and I think it was time for me to be truthful. I sat in silence the whole ride. Once I was home, I took a quick shower and slipped into a pair of shorts and an oversize T.

I paced the floor. I had to make a confession. This is something I wanted to take to my grave but it's no way we can move forward if I don't come clean. Not even five minutes later, there was a knock at my door. Sighing, I walked over to the door and opened it. Micah was still in his Tux he had a big grin on his face but it fell as soon as he saw my face. "What's wrong" he asked. I took his hand.

"I need you to sit down" I said. Confused he slowly sat down on the couch. I took a deep breath. "There's no way for us to move forward and forget the past if you don't know everything" I started. My heart was beating fast and I felt myself getting dizzy. I can't believe I was about to say this. "There's no easy way for me to say this, so I'm just going to say it." Micah looked at me with a serious face.

"De-" he started and I stopped it.

"I have to say this" I said cutting him off. I took another deep breath. Here goes nothing. "I did sleep with Keeb" I said. My eyes were closed when it I said it and I was scared to open them. After not hearing anything for 30 seconds I opened them. Micah was staring at me. I couldn't make out the expression on his face. I took this as my chance to continue. "And I got pregnant by him and had an abortion" I finished. I heard a deep humorless chuckle come from him.

"Yo you serious" he asked looking at me, but it some how felt like he was looking through me. I nodded my head, not being able to find my voice. "How many times?" he asked.

"What?" I asked.

"How many times" he asked louder, slamming his hand down on the coffee table. I jumped back a little.

"Just once" I whispered. "Once my junior year" I finished. He jumped up making be walk backwards.

"And you're just not telling me this shit De. Come on De. This why this nigga want smoke. Man you out of pocket" he said yelling.

"I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I swear. It just happened." I said with tears coming down my face. I felt so bad.

"How you gonna sleep with my best friend man and get pregnant, man that shit foul De" he said. "Fuck" he hit the table again. This time I sat down on the other sofa.

"I'm so sorry, I swear I am. I'm sorry Micah. I didn't want any of that to happen." I said crying harder.

"I'm going to see him that nigga" he said walking towards the door. I jumped up and got in front of the door.

"No please, he doesn't know about the pregnancy or the abortion. Please no" I said. He looked at me even more disappointed.

"You didn't even tell the man. Man you cold hearted" he said walking away from the door. He sat back down on the sofa and just stared ahead. I slid down the door and sat on the floor. We sat in silence for what seemed like an eternity. I looked at him the whole time trying to read his emotions. All I was getting was anger.

"What now?" I asked breaking the silence. He gave me a death glare.

"I don't know man, I don't even know what to think" he said sighing.

"I truly am sorry Micah. I promise you it wasn't on purpose I-" I was saying but he cut me off.

"Please Delondon, just stop" he said sitting up. "I think it's best, if we just go our separate ways" he said. My heart stopped.

"That's what you want?" I asked. I mean it makes sense but still, I mean I'm not sure what I was expecting.

"I don't know. I just don't know. All I know is that I need time to think" he said. I nodded my head.

"Ok I can understand that" I said. I got up from the floor. Micah got up from the sofa. I moved out the way and he walked towards the day. He turned and look as if he wanted to say something but just shook his head instead. After I closed the door behind, I burst into tears. I can't believe I just had to tell him that. I don't know where we go from here.

*****

Micah's P.O.V

I was livid man. I ain't know how to feel but I knew I was mad. I drove to the place I knew I needed to go. Before I could do anything else, I had to do this. I pulled into the drive way and jumped out my car without turning off the car I jumped. I knocked on the door and as soon ad Keeb answered I punched his ass. "Fuck nigga, how you sleep with my girl?" I asked. He got up and spit blood out his mouth.

"Aye man shit happens" he said smirking. I hit his ass again.

"Next time shit happen, you just might lose your life bitch ass nigga" I said turning to walk away. I got my back in my car and went home. I'm fucked up about this shit. My best friend tho. Damn.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

271K 14.4K 63
*BOOK 2 in the Gang Life series. * (EDITING BUT COMPLETE) "Please! Don't!" My victim begs. I stare into their eyes and almost laugh. "Why?" I ask...
12.6K 499 14
*This is a sequel to "Wife Swap". Please read before reading this book! Thank you all for your votes and comments. Em is discovering that rekindling...
100 1 7
Once upon a time, they were inseparable. Everyone thought they would end up at the altar after almost a decade of being together. Until one day when...
6.8K 293 11
A re-write of 6x02, I mean I guess it is a rewrite of more than that, but whatever. 'you're compassion is a gift, Elena. Carry it with you...Alway...