A Sophitz Dream

By KOTLCfan4life

What happens when 2 oblivious teens and their very persuasive friends decide to have a sleepover. Then, wha... More

Boring Stuff (Author's Note)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Author's Note (I know, it's boring)
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Author's Note (I don't mean to bore you with these)
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
announcement

Chapter 23

5.1K 30 69
By KOTLCfan4life

A/N My head is hurting so much!  *Ahem* I mean, Heeeeyy!  How are you guys?  I hope you like my story so far, and without further ado, I give you chapter 23!

Sophie's POV

She is just so beautiful, and I love her so much and I really think I w-

Um, Fitz?  You know you're transmitting right?

HUH? Oh, I'm sorry... did I uh, wake you up?

I yawned, No it's fine, but what you said about me... what were you going to say next Fitzy?  I taunted him until he cut off out connection.

"Sophie!  So, are you ready?" Bi asked approaching me with a huge smile on her face.  Getting up, I raised my eyebrow waiting for a response. "Ugh, you are so clueless.  Today's your cognate test!"

My eyes widened and my legs bolted down the hill Fitz and I had slept on.  They ran and ran finally approaching Biana's room.  I recited everything I had to do,  Gotta shower, change and get down for breakfast... not that I'll make it anyways

And with a loud noise, the shower sprung out hot water.

"Okay, you need some help."  A chirpy voice greeted me after my steamy shower.  I jumped trying to catch my breath.

Looking up at the mirror, I realized Biana had her own version of Vertina.  "Oh, um hi."

"Ugh, forget the introductions.  Go to Biana's closet and get that flowy dress that starts out white, then turns into teal.  Oh, the one with the open back."

Okay, even Vertina was better than her I thought.  "This one?" I came out wearing the pretty dress and then was instructed to do a step by step makeup and hair.  An hour later, my hands dropped down, "Like this?"

Before the mirror could say anything, I knew I looked good and rushed down the stairs.  And to my surprise, I didn't fall in the shimmering silver heels.  "Looks like someone's balance is getting better, am I right Foster?"

Fitz had a look of jealousy in his eye.  He rushed over and hugged me tightly, I rolled my eyes but just to reassure my boyfriend, I gave him a kiss that looked like it made everything better.

"You look, excellent Soph!"

I snapped out of my daze realizing Fitz was holding out his hand waiting for me to grab it.  "Let's go ace this thing!"

Fitz laughed, grabbed his crystal, and leaped yelling "ATLANTIS!"

"Wow..." We stared at the building and wow's escaped our mouths.  It was a building at least 7 stories high with designs carved into it.  So many windows, and rooms with curtains in each of them.  We took a step onto the stairs which were covered in red carpet and walked in the building whose floors were made of white marble.  Apart from getting a few, 'What-are-these-kids-doing-here' looks, we made it to the front desk where a tall man had been waiting for us.

"Hello sir, how are you do-"

"FOLLOW ME!" He bellowed before Fitz could finish his sentence.

Grumpy much?  he transmitted

I snickered but followed the man to a theater-type room with a stage and seats in front of it.  He led us to the front row and ordered us, "SIT."

With no words, we took our seats, and the man swiftly walked out.  And there we were, in the gigantic room waiting to be assessed on a life skill that would tell us if the years of training we did paid off.  

"You ready Fitz?"

"Yeah, I mean, there is literally no secret that we did not share." I sheepishly looked at him while he talked.  "Right?  Sophie is there something you're holding onto?"

I tried to say no, but Fitz, the person who knew me more than anyone could know better than falling for that act.  "Yeah, but it's no big deal."

"Then tell me."

"Fitz, just don't get mad.  Okay?" I waited for his nod, then to a deep breath.  "You know what?  I'll just show you the memory instead.  And uh, don't let the shadow flux get to you okay?"

I held his hands as the cognate rings snapped together, and then projected the memory of Dex giving me crush cuffs and me not wanting them.  And with hesitation, I let him see the part where I kissed Dex.  But, before I could show him the rest, his hands slipped out of mine and hit the arms of the chair.  "Soph?  Why would you..."

I out my finger on his lips and grabbed his hands.  In a rush, I brought up the memory of me telling Dex that there was no spark, and that I liked someone else.  

I left his hand and looked at the floor.  "Fitz, I'm sorry.  I going to show you this, but everything was like so perfect."

And before I could continue my apology, our eyes met and sparks flew.  We leaned in closer and met in the middle where the puzzle pieces joined.

"Ahem." A person cleared their throat in front of us.  And we jumped apart gasping for breath.

Looking up, we expected to see the tall grumpy man but were greeted with the sight of the 12 councilors all in their seats on the stage.  "And this is why we do not work with teenagers," Bronte mumbled.

Blushing, Fitz, and I went even further from each other until we were on our own seats.  Was he still mad at me? I thought while everything got set up.  "Okay, your first task is to answer different questions about the other person, and Oralie will judge to see if the answer is right."  Bronte gestured towards Oralie as she got up and gracefully walked down the stairs.  

"Your first question," Emery started while Fitz took a deep breath, "what os the other person's eye color?"

" Bright teal."

"Brown eyes with golden flecks."

After multiple raised eyebrows, we got other questions that were so easy.  Some like, "What job does the other person want?" "What was the biggest risk taken?"  

They went on and on until the second task was said.  "You must tell each other your biggest secret to prove you trust each other," Emery ordered.

We stole glances at each other, and replied in unison, "We don't have any secrets, we have told everything to each other."

Impressed, Bronte assigned us the 3rd and final task, "You must go into Councilor Emery's mind and find out what he is thinking." 

Up for the challenge, we began.  After not even 3 minutes of collecting confidence, I shot it all at once and retrieved the thought, one that would change our relationship as cognates.  You have officially become Cognates

 We smiled, "The thought is, 'You have officially become Cognates' " I said.

Time Skip

"Soph!  We're cognates!"

Hugging, we were relieved.  Our work had paid off, and we were now known as the strongest telepaths in our world.

"So, um I have a surprise for you because I knew we'd pass, but it's at Everglen."

My eyes widened, "Thanks!  Let's go!"

We held up the shimmering blue crystal in the sun, and landed on the soft grass near Everglen's main entrance.

"C'mon!" He took my hand, and with the other hand covered my eyes.  "Ready?"

He took his hands off of my face, and I turned around to see a gift too good to be true.

A/N 1246 words!  Sorry, I couldn't update yesterday, but I had an awful headache.  So, to make it up to you guys, I will update once more today!  Thank you for reading, and stay safe!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 426 75
Sophie knows something is off about her wedding. Could she have chosen the wrong one? What will she do when she realised the truth about who she marr...
622K 8.1K 25
Emma and Noah always played together, eaten with each other's families, called each other boyfriend and girlfriend and deep down, Emma has always bel...
69.8K 566 68
A Sokeefe Fanfiction Sophie and the gang are still at war with the Neverseen. Along with the struggles of fighting, Sophie and her friends are learni...
12.2K 107 17
Hi! This is my first story so please don't judge. It all starts with a truth or dare game in the beginning of the story and so on. Enjoy! (if your a...