The Great King -「大王様」

Von seekrett

Oikawa Tooru is the well-known volleyball captain and setter. With his skills, he clearly had nothing else bu... Mehr

Work of Fiction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Details for Epilogue

Chapter 6

977 50 12
Von seekrett

夏休み
Summer Vacation

-x-

The summer training camp of the volleyball teams finally arrived. Kageyama Tobio doesn't reply often but he keeps me updated of what they're doing.

The other day, Oikawa ranted the whole night on the phone about Kageyama Tobio asking volleyball advice from him. Earlier on that same day, Oikawa was convincing me to visit Takeru with him, but I refused because Yui and I already had plans. That may have affected his anger towards Kageyama Tobio. Oikawa and I always watch over Takeru together. That may have put him in a bad mood to begin with, that's why he got annoyed of Kageyama Tobio's presence. He should really calm his nerves more.

— ① —

及川徹
会いたいなの?

Oikawa Tooru
Do you miss me?

————

Is he trying to piss me off?

I typed in my reply.

内山夕暉
全然ない

Uchiyama Sekki
Not at all

Without having to wait for his reply, I could already visualize him pouting at his phone screen muttering "酷い (Bad)" to himself. He's such a kid.

I looked over my shoulder and found Takeru peeping at my messages. My goodness! Like uncle, like nephew!

"誰ですか?(Who's that?)" he asked innocently. One thing I like about Takeru is that he respects me more than his uncle. That's probably because I'm more normal than Oikawa. But then again, Takeru himself doesn't know that he's growing up to be like his uncle.

I flipped my phone to close and replied, "徹君だ (It's Tooru-kun.)" For a moment, I froze in my place as I heard myself call him by his first name. It's not often that I say it, and this time it had a different feel. Is it because he confessed the other night?

That. Other. Night.

As gentleman as he is, I felt him climb out of bed to lie down on a futon on the floor beside the edge of my side on the bed. In the end, he chose to not sleep in the same bed as me. It made my heart feel warm, but annoyed at the same time. Oikawa himself is annoying as a whole, that's the answer.

Takeru's eyes sparkled with delight. "徹はキャンプ居るんだね?(Tooru is at camp, right?)" I could still not get used to how informal this kid calls his uncle. But of course, they're close enough for Takeru to be able to call him that freely. Shocked, the only thing I could do was to nod in response. "俺もキャンプしたい (I want to camp too)," he added.

"君と徹君は同じだ (You and Tooru-kun are the same)," I said.

With just that one sentence, Takeru got fired up just to deny it. "全然似てない!。。です(We're not alike at all! .. *formality*)," he exclaimed. As usual, I'll just let him be. It'll take years before he finally realize he's a mini Oikawa.

As Takeru was wrapping up his summer homework, Oikawa made a call.

"もしもし俺の恋人〜 (Hello, my lover~)"

"恋人じゃない!そして、君の甥は聞こえるんだ (I'm not your lover! Plus, your nephew can hear you)," I cut him off before he adds in any more flowers fo his words.

Ever since that night, he's always found the courage to call me lover even if we're not. It's not even a major issue for me to stay angry at him. But he seriously should not get used to calling me that.

"オーッス!(Ohsu!)" Takeru greeted. "徹!夏のキャンプはどうだ?楽しいか?(Tooru! How's the summer camp? Is it fun?)"

Within seconds, the two started talking about volleyball already. Takeru was sitting down on the edge of my bed, looking into space as he hid his excitement from all the volleyball-related things Oikawa was telling him about.

That took them about 7 minutes, before Oikawa told Takeru to finally return my phone. "じゃ、またね徹君 (Anyway, laters Tooru-kun!)" I was about to end the phone call when I realized that I called him by his first name. I think it struck him too. As soon as he spoke, I hung up already. No. We're not dragging that conversation Oikawa.

— ① —

及川徹
「徹君」か?。。いいな

Oikawa Tooru
"Tooru-kun", huh? . . That's nice.

————

Damn it. This jerk. I'm pretty sure his head just got even bigger because of the way I called him. I chose to not reply, and instead report it to Yui. Not Shirabu, nope, I've learned that he's useless.

Unfortunately, that night, I couldn't control myself from telling it to Shirabu.

"もう始めたんだね!(So it's already starting!)" he cheered.

I knew exactly what he was talking about. "何も始めたんだ!(Nothing started!)" There's no more taking back of what I said. Once Shirabu knows, he doesn't forget.

When I told him that Oikawa confessed that night, he said that Oikawa's next moves might be to give me space or continue to slowly reach for my heart. Then he went on about what those next moves can lead to. Luckily, I spared the part where Oikawa asks me to sleep the night with him.

Remembering how he decided to not sleep beside me actually puts me at ease. Somehow, it felt nice, to be with him.

Somehow.

The next day, Oikawa and Kageyama Tobio only messaged once and at night. Kageyama Tobio shared how great Nekoma High and Fukurodani Academy was, saying they had this amazing setter he aspires to be. Knowing him, they must've been really good setters for such praise.

Meanwhile, Oikawa told me how Iwaizumi and the others kept pressuring him to make the perfect serve and toss or else he had to treat them all to ramen. Jokingly, I told him to treat me as well. Dude had the guts to take me seriously. I didn't reply to him anymore afterwards.

While I laid down in bed chatting with Kageyama Tobio, a calendar notification popped up reminding me that it's Shirabu's birthday tomorrow. I glanced at my study desk to take a look at my present for him. It was neatly wrapped in Shiratorizawa's colors. His face when he saw that pair of shoes was priceless. It's like he was watching Ushijima make the winning spike.

内山夕暉
お誕生日おめでとう

Uchiyama Sekki
Happy birthday

It sounds dry, but I can already tell that his reply will be dry too. Shirabu's like a whole different person when sleepy, and when he's on his volleyball mode.

On second thought, i think they all do.

Oikawa's only ever serious when playing volleyball. Even during tests, he doesn't make that much of a serious face, because, somehow, he already knows them so well! Tsch. That smart brain.

As if he could read me, my phone started ringing with Oikawa's name on the screen. It's in the middle of the night, wouldn't he be scolded for this?

Nonetheless, I answered the call.

"ヤホーうっち今晩は (Yohoo Ucchi, good evening)," he greeted. My eyes were about to roll at his usual way of greeting until he added, "もう一度聞かせてくれ (Let me hear it again.)" His tone took a whole different turn, from innocent to sexy.

Even after I decided to play dumb, saying that I have no idea what he's talking about, he didn't stop persuading me to say it. His cute pleads didn't work on me, his serious deep command did.

Hesitantly, I said his name again. "徹君 (Tooru-kun.)" It was just a voice call, but I could imagine Oikawa biting his lower lip to stop his smile.

"ならば、今から夕暉呼んでてね (In that case, from now on I'll call you Sekki)," he under his breath. I felt the need to squeeze my legs together when he said that. The tension was rising as our conversation went on, yet we were only talking casually.

I can't believe that it took years for us to finally level up the way we call each other. But then again, we didn't have the need to change it.

Does that mean we needed to change it now? Why? Is it a lover thing? But we're not. I have to cut this tension building up inside me.

"明日は白布の誕生日だ (Tomorrow is Shirabu's birthday)," I stated out of the blue. Oikawa stayed silent on the other line. "俺たちはモールへ行く。白鳥沢と一緒に (We're going to the mall. With the Shiratorizawa members)," I added, but he seemed unresponsive.

It became too awkward for me to talk. I couldn't find the courage to keep our conversation going.

"夕暉 (Sekki)," he finally spoke. I may have replied too quickly because I stayed alert for any response from him. I heard his low sigh. "行かないで...ください (Don't go... Please)," he said. "俺は。。嫉妬してだからさ (Because I'll.. get jealous)

I'm surprised that he's expressive tonight. "恥ずくないの?このついて (Are you not embarrassed? About this)," I asked.

"いいえ。今もう勇気有るんだって (Nope. Because now, I have courage)."

[ Pun intended: The characters of 夕暉 make Yuuki and Sekki similar. ]

A light chuckle left my lips and I also heard him laugh.

The conversation we had that night summed up how we were since we met. Constantly shifting from serious, to light-hearted, to childish talks. It was never boring with Oikawa around.

It took me by surprise when I heard a quiet voice of a girl in my head. It kept repeating and repeating, until I could finally hear my own voice in my head saying,

"徹君!(Tooru-kun!)"

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

367K 15.9K 41
It's bad enough you're taken by the enemy, but it just gets worse from there when you're now supposed to be attached at the hip to one of the Devils...
32.2K 1.5K 15
𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦 __________________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐ ⓘ angst, mature themes ©haruichi furudate | © ryuken-
532K 17.3K 53
STORY IS BEING REWRITTEN UNDER THE TITLE OF 'it began with you'. ---- 𝗦𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗺𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗱𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗰𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗴𝗶𝗰. Y/n was born int...
42.6K 1.6K 14
"𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒅 𝒎𝒆, 𝒃𝒐𝒅𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒍." . . . . . . . 𝒂 𝒕𝒆𝒕𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒐 𝒌𝒖𝒓𝒐𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒏𝒇𝒊𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏.