A Chance At Happiness {COMPLE...

由 avid_read_write

"I regret to inform you that we could not save your wife's life, she was a brave woman she fought it till the... 更多

DISCLAIMER
HER
HIM
A Usual Day
Meet With Cousin
Rakesh's Mess
Impending Doom
The DOOM
Her Apartment
Last Rites
PS: I Love You Both
Amusement Park...
The Meeting...Decisions...Friends
Convincing And His Decision
Torture a.k.a Party
The Sunday...
Restless Night
Restless Day & Planning
Shopping & D-Day
Advice & Frustrations
RECEPTION
Consequences
Regrets and Fun
Prank War
Expectations...
Surprise...
Hiking & Talking
No-Confidence & Mess
Mess becomes Messier
Author's note
Mess becomes Messier (Nirvana POV)
Karma Is A B****
Saturday
Feelings & Decisions
Departure....
Deal & Surprise
Yes & Studio
Epilogue
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Bonus Chapter 1.

Stop It...

1.7K 103 3
由 avid_read_write

I came to the hospital on saturday for an emergency and came to know that it was not emergency at all but just a false alarm. I went to neurology department since I was anyways in the hospital I thought I might as well talk to Raghav.

"Hello" I said entering the cabin after knocking.

"You know this is gross invasion of privacy" He said imitating my voice.

"Ohh...Shut up" I said smiling as I sat on the sofa.

"What's up?" Raghav asked.

"Nothing, I was here so I thought I will meet you and then leave." I said.

"No one smiles for no reason, Vana" Raghav said.

"Is it a crime to smile now?" I asked joking.

"If you are smiling for no reason then I would have to re-evaluate your mental health." Raghav said.

"I am just happy Raghav, I don't know I feel I have everything in life now." I said looking at him.

"Is this happiness because of the 6'2" tall, black hair, brown eyed guy?" He asked.

"No Raghav, It is not because of Karan" I said glaring at him.

"Let's go for a coffee" I said trying to divert the topic.

"Yes, let's go" He said.

We were in the lift when Rohan entered in the next floor.

"Hi Rohan, Wanna join for a coffee" Raghav asked.

"Umm...Are you sure?" He asked uncertain.

"Sure...100%" Raghav said.

"Why are you inviting him? It was supposed to be only us" I whisper yelled at Raghav when Rohan had his back to us.

"Courtesy..."He yelled back.

"Is everything okay?" Rohan asked turning to face us.

"Yeah...Everything is perfectly normal" I said forcing myself to smile and tapped raghav's back forcing him to smile as well.

We took our coffee's and went to the roof top.

"How long have you been friends?" Rohan asked.

"As long as I can remember...We used to be neighbours." I said.

"How is your wife?" Raghav asked.

"She is fine...Coping" He replied.

"So...What's the story?" I asked.

"Well mainly the problem is her Self-Respect and My dad's unusual interest in my life leading to our divorce" He said.

"Wait divorce...Back up dude...Tell the love story first then talk about tragedy, don't start with climax" Raghav interjected.

"We met in Delhi in a hotel which held my conference and her awards, She is an entrepreneur...bloody successful one at that...Don't know why she loved or married a loser like me" He stated giving a chuckle.

"You maybe a bit arrogant but you are a good guy at heart Rohan" I said softly.

"You think this is arrogance you should have seen me before I met her I thought 'every thing I said was gold'...well...my father and I don't see eye to eye, we have too many differences...He wanted me to marry a doctor but she was...is...my life" He said smiling.

"She was this spit-fire who had a sarcastic comeback for every pick-up line i used...She just fascinated me...I followed her...I begged her...Finally she agreed to go on a date with me, a single date" He continued.

"Me being myself royally screwed up the date...she left mid-date...I thought I lost all my chances but then I saw her coming out of my dad's cabin...She was collaborating with the hospital for some research project" He said.

"She didn't even look at you, Did she?" I asked snickering.

"Yeah, How do you know?" Rohan asked scratching the back of his head.

"I would have done the same thing, Infact any woman would have done the same thing." I said.

"Anyways, I managed to convince her for a second date...Everything went well the following dates...Before I know it I am in love and I am proposing to her...We got married...She convinced my dad actually don't know how she did it till now...Everything was fine and some day randomly she started shouting at me calling me names and she threw divorce papers at me...I didn't understand what was happening...she had signed the divorce papers already and left me without any explanation." He said smiling sadly.

"Her medical condition...That's why she left you" Raghav guessed.

"Don't be stupid...It's your father...isn't it?" I asked looking at Rohan.

"Got it in one, Doc" He said.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"My intelligent wife left me a coded message in a video of where she was going and why...She runs her company from USA now...I didn't file the divorce papers obviously but my father thinks we are divorced." He said.

"I am so sorry Rohan" I said.

"No it's fine...I have to tolerate this torture for one year after that my contract ends and I will leave this country itself and go to USA to my wife...We will live happily" He said.

"What about your job? You know you cannot work in USA?" Raghav said.

"Why will I work...My wife owns a billion dollar company...I will take care of the family while she earns...Perfect don't you think" He said smiling cheekily.

"Hmm yes...It sounds perfect" I said.

"I wish you have a happy life Rohan" Raghav said.

"Thank you" He said.

After that we came down and split up to our own departments and I left to my home to enjoy my remaining saturday. It was evening and I was helping Karthi with his homeworkwhen I heard Karan sighing. I looked at him and ignored him.

"You do it like this" I said holding Karthi's hand and correcting him when Karan sighed again distracting Karthi again might I add.

"Will you stop doing that? You are distracting" I said loudly to Karan.

"Sorry" Karan apologized.

"That's it...Just finish this problem we will stop for to day champ" I said to Karthi.

"Nirvana, I am done" Karthi said.

"Yes, That is correct, you may go" I said encouraging him to go and play outside.

I started reading my patient reports when Maanav came and joined his brother in sighing and distracting me.

"That's it...Both of you...stop it...What is your problem...You keep sighing" I shouted not able to tolerate it anymore.

"Yes, I agree with her...That is a distracting habit you got from your mother"Uncle backed me up.

"Nothing dad, just some problem at the company" Maanav said.

"Well, if you don't share, how will we know" Aunty said.

"Board members think I am not fit for the CEO position, they are having a No-Confidence motion" Karan said.

"What...Why didn't you tell us?" Uncle shouted.

"It's okay dad, I have 49% shares on my side, I will win" Karan said.

"You still have to get 3% more to win, Don't be over-confident"Uncle said.

"I am searching dad...Mr.Battacharya said he will talk to the share holders he represents...They own 8% shares...So it will be fine." Karan reassured Uncle.

"Wait...Mr.Battacharya as in from Battacharya firm for investment banking" I asked.

"Yeah...Why?" Maanav asked.

"I think Raghav and I own some share in your company" I said.

"What?" Karan shouted "You own 8% of my company and you didn't tell me"

"I mean I don't understand that stuff so I let Raghav handle the financial investment and stuff so I don't know" I said not understanding what the big deal was about.

"Okay, Can you call Raghav and Mr.Battacharya for me here...Now" Karan asked.

"Umm...I mean...I can try" I said.

I called Raghav and Mr.Battacharya to come home and after they came Karan explained the situation to both of them.

"Well, Yeah I bought the shares when we had excess cash on our hands during internship and I didn't know how to handle them so I hired Mr.Battacharya" Raghav said.

"That's awesome...Bhai now you will definitely win the No-Confidence" Maanav said.

"That is if they support" Karan said.

"Ofcourse we will support" Raghav said.

"So now the majority shares are with the family only" Uncle said.

"You will never lose any No-Confidece motion here on Bhai" Maanav said happy for his brother.

"Yeah...Thank god for that" Karan said.

"So, It helps" I asked noticing the happiness on Maanav and Karan's face.

"Yeah...Definitely" Karan said with a thousand watt smile on his face.

A/N : Next chapter No-confidence motion and Karan's POV. Please do vote and comment.

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

13.9K 656 35
Her pov Everything is gonna change in One Night. My life will turn upside down so do my dreams. Being forced into this marriage is never in my though...
587K 26K 66
#1 in marriage - 6th mar 2022 #1 in India - 1st mar 2022 #1 in arranged marriage - 1st mar 2022 #1 in puppy love - 3rd march 2022 #1 in secret love...
47.7K 1.5K 36
In the enchanting backdrop of India's rich cultural tapestry, where tradition and heritage intermingle with the modern world, unfolds captivating ro...
32.7K 1.4K 22
"𝑫𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒚𝒂𝒏 𝒌𝒐 𝒅𝒊𝒌𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒂 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒉𝒕𝒊 𝒉𝒐, 𝒌𝒊 𝒃𝒊𝒘𝒊 𝒉𝒐 𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒊?" ~~ "𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒆" "𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃...