HOT AND COLD (SNAPEXREADER)

By The_Black_Spy

A love/hate relationship between Snape and Y/N. But can you really trust what you read? [EDITING 03/23/23] More

1: Very Odd
2: Family Businesses
3: First meeting
4: Potions? Yuck.
5: Detention
6: Draught of Living Death
7: D'Dark figure
8: The Quidditch
9: The Philosophers Stone
10: Diary
11: Lockhart
12: A Gut
13: Obliviate
14: Scenario
15: Flipped
16: Beautiful Thing
17: Yellow Light
18: The Girl
19: Family Traditions
20: The Unexpected
22: Bladder
23: Black
24: Boggart
25: 394
26: Obnubilate Figure
27: Scabbers
28: Mysterious Book
29: Hogsmeade
30: Truth and the Lie
31: Quidditch World Cup
32: Trelawney's word
33: The Age Line
34: Letter of Smith
35: Y/N Astor
36: Swear to me
37: The Unbreakable Vow
38: The Order Of The Phoenix
39: Wish Lists
40: Love, Y/N S.
41: The Epilogue
1: Very Odd [REVISED]
2: Family Businesses [REVISED]
3: First Meeting [REVISED]
4: Potions? Yuck. [REVISED]
5: Detention [REVISED]
6: Draught of Living Death [REVISED]
7: D'Dark figure [REVISED]
8: The Quidditch [REVISED]
9: The Philosophers Stone [REVISED]
10: Diary [REVISED]

21: Janus Thickey Ward

4.8K 177 46
By The_Black_Spy

AUTHOR'S POV:

The term finally ended with unexpected traumatic events that bring Y/N bewilderment everyday.

Despite that, she is still very thankful for the comfort of her parents after they find out what horrible event occurred last June.

"Are you sure sweetheart? We heard about 'that' man." M/N look at her daughter warily.

Y/N sighs softly and smiled at her mother. "Of course mom. H-He... He lost all of his memories because of his foolishness and desire to be on the spotlight but... He was-...is my friend..." Her mom finished making the sandwiches Y/N asked her to make. She rolled her eyes playfully to her daughter, admitting that she just gave up.

M/N went to sit on their black leather couch to where Y/N is seated. "I am so sorry sweetheart that I couldn’t understand you but you know that we’re doing this for your own good. I don’t want something to happen to you Y/N. Can you promise me that you’ll be careful anywhere, anytime?”

Y/N sighed once again. She understand her parents. They just wanted the best for her but she can't risk the opportunity.

“I promise mom.” she lied.

She hugged her mother very tight like someone is going to steal her mother away from her. Y/N know inside that she will broke her promises. But she assured herself that it will do her parents good. She will protect them no matter what happens.

“It looks like your dad finally here. Are you ready to go to St. Mungo’s?” M/N broke their embrace and Y/N noticed that her mother wipe her remaining tears away from her eyes.

She just nodded and hug her mother once again. Y/N love them so much and she’ll show You-Know-Who that he’s not what he think he is. Yes, Y/N is very afraid of him. The dark lord might take her parents’ lives anytime he wanted to. But that thought doesn’t stop her. Instead, it gives her confidence.

“Hon, let’s go. I’ve bought anything you asked for. New pencils, colors, papers and some books. Are you really sure about this? We can just send these things to him.” Her dad entered their living room and place a kiss to both of the girls. “I am more than sure dad. Besides, I promised. There’s no way in hell I will break my promises.” Y/N nervously laugh. She hates breaking promises, however, when there's a time she needed to... She absolutely will.

Besides, the matter about Y/N's 'parents' are still floating in her head. She is very determined to investigate about ‘Caldwell Astor’ and ‘Agrona Astor’. Though now, L/N doesn’t have any idea who in the hell they are.

“Okay then. Hop in the car ladies.”

*************************

They finally left their house, located at Knightsbridge, London.

While her father drives their Ford Sierra RS Cosworth towards the said Hospital, Y/N couldn’t wait to see Lockhart. She rechecked the books she brought with her for five times already.

Her hand brushed over the book cover of ‘Magical Me', Lockhart’s autobiography. A small smile left her lips while she organizes the books in the special tote bag for Lockhart.

The ride took them a very short time to arrive at St. Mungo’s Hospital because it's only a few kilometers away from their house.

They stand infront of a very ordinary store that is closed because of renovation. Y/N confusingly look at her father.

"Where is the hospital?" but F/N didn't answer Y/N and instead, he grasp her shoulder and guide her towards the back of the store.

"Come here, we shouldn't be seen." Y/N noticed that the place is very similar to 'Leaky Cauldron'. Maybe the muggles cannot see the back door of the building that she didn't even noticed until now.

They entered the store and they're welcomed by the wizards and witches who wears lime-green robes, walking up and down the rows, busily writing on their clipboards.

Y/N gulped alittle and they started to walk towards the receptionist who just finished talking to someone.

"Good Day." F/N smiled at the receptionist and her eyes went wide.

"M—Mister and Mrs. L/N! It's such a pleasure to meet you!" she stuttered and bowed at them.

"Pleasure... May I ask a visitor slip for a patient named... Darling what is the name again?" It took Y/N's dad to come up with the name but failed to remember it.

"His name is Gilderoy Lockhart... We are here to visit him." Y/N couldn't keep the excitement to herself. Her mom smiled sweetly at the sight of her daughter.

"Oh! Mr. Gilderoy Lockhart... This one is a mischievous one.. Well, he is located at the Janus Thickey Ward, fourth floor. Since he was admitted last month, we tried to contact his family but they still didn't show up until now... Such a shame. Anyway, have a nice day Sir, Madam and young lady."

Y/N's excitement suddenly disappeared as they went to the said floor.

They entered the elevator silently. No one even dared to speak.

On the other hand, a man who's looking very old, scratches on his face looks like he's in hurry. He run towards the L/N family that is safely tucked inside the elevator.

"Y/N!" he shouted and finally halted the elevator door before it closes.

F/N went infront of his family and look suspiciously at the man.

"Lupin?" F/N look at him suspiciously.

"L/N." he gasp for air and nod his head slightly at his schoolmate.

"Look here Lupin, don't say a word infront of my daughter." F/N dangerously said. His hand palmed Lupin's chest, pushing him away.

"Y—Your daughter? Let me see her for a second. Please." Lupin's brows smashed against each other out of confusion. But F/N wouldn't even budge.

"Let Albus Dumbledore explain it to you Lupin. I am warning you." F/N eyes are glowering into Lupin's light brown orbs.

"Dad? What's with the ruckus? Who is he?" F/N rolled his eyes as he watched his daughter walk up in between them.

"Y/N. Come here" but she didn't listen to her mother, instead, she watch the tired—looking—man looking at her with wide eyes.

"Do you know me Mister?" Lupin gulped. M/N, F/N and Lupin look at each other anxiously.

"O—Of course! Your parents are m—my classmates before. They are great potioneer too. Who wouldn't know them?" the tension in the elevator slowly disappeared as the three adult nervously laugh at each other.

"Oh! I am sure that you're attending Hogwarts. I am Remus Lupin, your Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher for this year." he presented his hand nervously infront of the girl he obviously know.

Y/N gladly accept it with a smile on her face. "Nice meeting you Professor. I hope DADA will be fun this year... What are you doing here by the way Professor?"

"Oh. Just visiting some friend. How about you? Who are you visiting with your parents?" before Y/N could answer, the elevator dings.

"It's none of your business Lupin. Come here now sweetie." Y/N muttered 'sorry' as they exited the elevator.

Lupin wanted to talk to her more, but it won't work out that way.

It's the first time Y/N have seen his father act agressively. She is too scared to ask what happened so she remained silent until they arrived at the room where Lockhart is located.

"Y/N!!!" Lockhart squealed, running towards the door and hug the girl tightly.

"G—Gilderoy. I—I can't breathe." Lockhart released her.

"Oh! I am so sorry! I am so glad you came! I thought you aren't coming." Lockhart tried to hide himself behind Y/N when he noticed the two adults infront of him.

"Oh, it's fine. They're my parents Gilderoy." She giggles at his cuteness. He politely bow with his cheeks getting red.

"Also. Look what I brought!" Y/N merrily whispered into Lockhart's ears and they both jump happily.

The day ended and it's time for Y/N to go home. They played with the colors Y/N brought for Lockhart. They also took pictures of themselves, in the muggle way and in the magical way.

Lockhart found his favorite dessert for his life, ice cream. They munch on it until they can't speak anymore.

Y/N also showed Lockhart a few magic while her parents is away for the moment. She transfigured the bird she drawn, bringing the bird into life, singing a magical hymn for them. Though, she told her friend that it won't last long.

Now, Y/N have to go. Lockhart is crying so hard that the healers have to brought a calming draught to settle him down.

She asked the healers to be kind to him and the healers assured her that they will.

The healers and the doctors in the muggle world is almost the same. The only difference is that, the healers involved magics and potions to mend their patients.

Y/N's father explained that Lockhart won't likely retrieve his lost memories back.

She felt sad for him. But her sadness wouldn't do anything good. Y/N hugged the moving pictures of her and Lockhart doing funny faces. She put it safely in her photo wallet where all of the pictures she treasured are stored.

She found a baby picture of herself, her mother holding her happily. It looks like it's the day she was christened.

A smiled crept into her face as she watches the picture moves. Everyone are happy, watching, adoring and competing over her.

The smile on her lips slowly disappeared when she noticed a man with a long black hair from afar. It looks like no one knew he was there. He almost got himself out of the picture.

"Why was Snape attended my christening?"

*****************

A/N: I am sincerely thanking everyone who read, voted, commented and supported this story✨💖 I've read all of your comments and thank you for the feedbacks.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 156 30
"It's me or him y/n you can't have both" "I love you y/n but you shouldn't love me" Will you end things to keep your brother or risk losing him for t...
67.8K 5.5K 67
❝ he and i are closer than friends, we are enemies linked together, the same sin binds us ❞ | in which lilium snape is bound to harry potter by fate...
303K 7.6K 101
Its your 6th year at Hogwarts and being a silent Slytherin isn't the best combination, you kept your head down and attempted to go under the radar, t...
38.8K 1.5K 21
"𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧." Snape said as he came into the room with the tea. "𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐢𝐫?" I asked rather confused. "𝐓𝐡𝐞...