new york elites

By swrites_11

"baby stand up.." I heard my mom whisper as she pushes my hair out of my face. "You need to stop waiting for... More

00:00 || intro
00:01 || new york
00:02 || eyes
00:03 || memories
00:04 || secrets
00:05 || the sides
00:06 || introduction
00:07 || cars and more cars
00:08 || leader
00:09 || daddy issues
00:10 || hosting
00:11 || change
00:12 || drowing in my own tears
00:13 || the funeral
00:14 || old friends
00:15 || all together
00:17 || him
00:18 || forget
00:19 || mission
00:20 || just breathe
00:21 || me or you
00:22 || the past haunts you
00:23 || wedding bells
00:24 || new beginning
00:25 || alone
00:26 || family reunion
00:27 || danger
00:28 || trick
00:29 || final
00:30 || meeting
00:31 || dress
00:32 || nerves
00:33 || the ball
00:34 || coming to a end
00:35 || epilogue
00:36 || thank you
00:37 || new story

00:16 || alive

4.6K 99 42
By swrites_11

Edited

           And her mind wanders. She tends to think about something that happened 5 years ago, or something that happened 2 hours ago, or something that could happen 10 years from now. Her mind is like a hurricane, it's a wreck. It's full of beautiful yet awful thoughts. It's 1 am and her mind continues to wander.

-♛𝕠𝕒𝕜𝕝𝕖𝕪 𝕔𝕠𝕧𝕖♛

Soft beeps were going off, that's all I could hear. I could see the brightness of the ceilings lights. I felt a sharp pain as I tried sitting up. I also felt a weight on my thigh. I look around to see that I'm in a hospital room. In my lap was Roland, well I think. I couldn't see his face but I recognize his broad shoulders and brown hair.

I touched his hair gently causing him to stir and lookup. His face lights up as he reaches to touch my cheek. "Your awake." He whispers. He gets up walking out of the room, he returns with a doctor.

"Ms. Cove, how are you?" The doctor asks as he sends scared looks to Roland.

"I'm fine, what happened?" I whisper my voice cracking. The doctor looks at Roland to explain.

"You got shot. Do you remember that?" He asks, I nod slowly. "Ok, after that we brought you to the hospital and they did the surgery. They got the bullet out easily and no permanent damage. You'll just be in some pain or discomfort for a little." He explains. I take a deep breath looking at the hospital gown I'm wearing. "You have been asleep for 3 days Oakley."

"When can I go home," I mumble softly.

"We just have to complete some test and you can go home but you need to be on bed rest for a little so your stitches don't rip." The doctor says disappearing for a second. He comes back with some supplies and starts the tests.

They do some tests to see if I'm stable and they let us go. I change into some sweats that Roland had for me. We stood awkwardly in the parking lot, I just didn't know what to say.

My brother showed up to pick us up. He had a look of guilt on his face much like Roland. He hugged me tightly and apologized over and over again. I don't know what for but he did.

Meaning the car ride home was silent and awkward. Roland walk me to my dorm as Milo had someone business he needs to do.

Milo was hesitant but I told him I was fine and he should go.

Hannah wasn't there for some reason so the dorm was empty. Roland shut the door following me into my room.

"I'm ok really," I tell him rubbing the side of my arm. He grabs my body as gently as he can pulling me into him.

"You took a bullet for me." He whispers as he pulls away our faces inches apart. I blushed at how close we are. His eyes trailed down to my lips quickly. "And I thought you died." He says sadly. "I thought I lost you." He whispers his voice cracking softly. I look up at him as he smashes his lips into mine.

His lips were soft and gentle but he still fought for dominants in the kiss. I brought my hand to his hair gripping it gently as we deepen the kiss but he pulls away his eyes darkened. When he pulls away his hands still linger on my hip. "I just had to do that." He mumbles.

"What's happening?" I whisper to him trying to change the subject. "What did that dinner cause.."

He looks down as he lets out a deep breath, "The South is declaring war, we do not know on what side yet but he made it clear he wants me or us dead." I felt his hand reach for my cheek. "So I've been upping security and precautions."

"What will war do?"

"It will lead to many deaths." He sighs his head hunched over. I nod slowly grabbing an old t-shirt and some black shorts.

I go change in the bathroom, looking at the stitches that sting anytime I move.

That's when reality set in. I was shot, I could have died. I let tears fall down my face as I stared at the wound. The door opens and I see Roland walk in slowly. "No...No" I whisper trying to push him out. "I don't want you to see me like this, give me five minutes..... I'll be strong again," I whisper as he picks me up gently placing me on the counter, he pushes his body so he's in between my legs. I look down as the tears slow.

"Oakley you're ok." He whispers slipping one of his hands around my hip, the other tracing my wound causing me to groan in pain. "You don't need to be brave Oakley. We are in your bathroom just us. What matters is that at that dinner you were brave, this would be me if it weren't for you."

"I'm sorry," I whisper my voice dry.

"Don't apologize." He says kissing my wet cheek. "Come on." He says picking me up and caring me to my bed, laying me down. He takes off his shirt slipping it on to me. Practically dressing me causing me to blush.

"I had a shirt over there.." I say with a small smile.

"You and I both know you look better in my clothes." He smirks as he lays down next to me pulling me in. Not roughly making sure not to touch my wound. I run my hand along his naked chest, drawing random shapes.

"It's Monday night?" I ask him. He nods slowly. "Ok." I hum leaning my head more into his neck pushing up against him, taking in his scent. He kissed me, yet nothing has changed. What were we now? Friends? Business partners?

I sigh causing him to stir underneath me. "What's wrong?" He asks his eyes filled with worry.

"What are we.." I ask quietly. Causing him to suck in a deep breath.

"I don't know. You just make me crazy but in a good way and the thought of losing you killed me." He says rushed causing me to look away from him. I nod slowly.

I suddenly felt his soft lips on my neck, I shiver softly under his touch. He climbs above me slowly making sure to not put pressure on my wound. I blush as he leans down sucking on my neck harder. I bring my hair to his hair playing with it as his lips tugged at my skin. "R...Roland." I say as best as I can my mind racing. I felt his hand starting to go up my shirt causing me to stop him.

"Don't tell me you're saving yourself?" He chuckles removing his hand. Placing it on my cheek. I scoff. His eyes widen slowly remembering what I told him.

My mind goes back to the night causing me to become moody. I still remember him touching me as I screamed. I push away from Roland but he doesn't let me go. I give up trying to get away. "I'm sorry." He whispers. "You shouldn't let the past affect you." He hums as my mind starts to slip into darkness.

-♛

"Oakley oh god! Your ok?!" She yells as I walk out of my dorm. She was dressed in our school uniform. She rushes over to me hugging me tightly causing me to groan softly. She whispers a small oops.

"Yes.." I smile awkwardly. I woke up this morning with Roland tangled around my body, he is still sleeping. I choose to let him sleep a little longer.

"So you and Ares?" I smirk at her causing her to blush deeply. Her blonde hair was pulled into a low bun with hairs pulled out in the front. "I'm going to go get dressed for school, feel free to leave if you want. I know you don't like being late." I smirk at her, she frowns slightly.

"Aren't you on bed rest?" She asks seriously. 

"It's whatever, I've already missed so much school." I sigh walking into my room.

I look to see Roland naked back in my sheets. I could get used to that. I use the bathroom, putting on make-up, and fixing my bandages. Then I go to my closet changing into my school uniform slowly. I decided just to let my curls flow free not feeling like doing them. As I leave my closet I run into a hard chest. Looking up is a very mad Roland, his arms crossed causing his biceps to bulge.

I look at his body and how built he is. He had at least a six-pack. I gulped looking at his face as he ranks me over. "You're on bed rest." He says lowly with a frown. I sigh.

"I feel fine," I say as pain shoots to my stomach as I turn to leave him standing there. He glares at me harshly before he runs his hand through his bed hair. I pass him the shirt that he gave to me last night. He slips it on slowly.

"Wait here. I'm getting my uniform on and then I'll drive you to school." He mumbles kissing my cheek softly leaving me in my room alone.

He leaves my room and I hear Hannah scream my name causing me to follow him out of the room. The door shuts meaning he left already.

"Oakley, why was Roland in your room..?" She whispers winking her eyes.

"He brought me home last night from the hospital, and it was...late. So I just told him he could stay.." I say avoiding her curious glare.

She doesn't say anything. "You falling for him aren't you?" She says with a small smile. I sigh, I don't know if I am. I definitely have feelings for him but I just don't know...

"It's ok to not know, you will when the time is right." She giggles softly sending me a tooth-filled smile. I nod at her as she grabs her bag. "Ready?"

"Actually Roland coming back and driving me so go ahead." I smile at her. She narrows her eyes at me but leaves with a wave.

Leaving me in silence. My mind was racing about everything.

My dad.

My mom.

Almost dying.

and now Roland.

Placing my hands in my head I groaned in pain as I moved too fast. I just need to get through this and I'll be ok. Right?

-♛

hope you enjoy part 16!!
comment please
and vote!
thank u sm for 400+ reads!
they kissed ahhh <3
-s

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5M 90.1K 52
"Valerio, fuck I- I can't it's t-too much" he grabbed both her wrists locking them in place behind her back while ruthlessly pounding into her from b...
312K 7.7K 63
This is book two in the Lost&Found Series but can be read as a stand alone. *** I heard the bag drop on the table before he grabbed my elbow and spu...
7.5K 121 22
Y/n had a beautiful baby. It's been 3 years what has happened in three years? How's Michael doing? What's the babies name? Well come on in the advent...
1.5M 42.2K 39
[complete; editing, ROUGH draft] "Say something in Spanish." I snorted, "Like what?" "I don't know... I just want to hear you speak it." Our gaze sta...