Trade It All

Da LexTheAuthor

It's been a year since the day that changed Aaron Turner's life forever, and with the daily reminder looking... Altro

Chapter 1. Get It Together
Chapter 3. Tell Me
Chapter 4. Rain On Me
Chapter 5. Erase U
Chapter 6. Need Somebody

Chapter 2. Lonely Child

8.7K 519 1.1K
Da LexTheAuthor

Moses McKinley

-

I stared up at Deejay as he spotted me and I used my strength to lift up the weights. I'd bulked up a lot more and had gotten leaner. I'd put on weight after my relationship ended, I called it depression weight, but I was back to my normal size.

"You heard from Gucci?" Deejay questioned me as I lifted the weight one last time and then he helped me ease it onto the bar.

I sat up and grabbed a towel using it to wipe the sweat off of my face and neck before standing up and he took my place.

"Not in a couple of days, he's okay though. I got eyes on him, plus he's not you so I really don't gotta worry about somebody taking him out" I admitted truthfully.

Dylan who was standing near us turned away to hide his laugh from his brother who had grown offended all of a sudden like he didn't know it was true.

"What the fuck you trying to say?" Deejay questioned as his green eyes stared up at me. I helped him bring the weight down to his chest before allowing him to push it up.

"You know you have your ways that people don't agree with. Sending you out into the field wouldn't of been smart, at all" I admit as he puffed out his cheeks and struggled to lift the weight up.

I watched him struggle for a little bit before helping him lift the weight and place it back on the bar. He sat up in anger and tried to shake off what I had said, because he knew that it was true.

"I'm trying to change alright? We both grew up with this street shit and idolized the way some of the drug dealers did business as kids. I just happened to copy the fuck ups too" Deejay said trying to plead his case.

I waved him off and looked at my phone that sat on a nearby table ringing.

When I walked over to it and looked down I saw my brothers name and made the decision to let it ring.

I hadn't spoken to him since shit went left at my daughters birthday party and I didn't plan on speaking with him again for awhile.

"Moses there's somebody here to see you" Sabrina said peeking here head into the small gym room we had at one of the traps we had.

"Do I wanna see them?" I asked and Sabrina looked me over and rolled her eyes.

"Don't be a fucking smart ass" she said as she was pushed to the side and the thickest woman I had ever seen walked inside.

My mouth watered a bit as I stared at her body and the way her hips rocked as she walked to me.

"You be having all the fine bitches" Deejay commented thinking I was fucking on her or something.

I wasn't, but I wanted to in that very moment - so damn bad.

"You don't look how I imagined you to" The woman said as I took in her light brown skin and watched as she pushed some of her jet black hair behind her ear.

"Hope that's a good thing" I replied still observing her. When two other bitches walked in after her followed by some of my guards who seemed to be in a trance with them - I already knew who she must've been.

"Yes, they didn't say you were so fine - but I heard you get around so I can see it" The leader said attempting to stroke my ego.

"What you want with me?" I asked as my eyes raked over her body one last time before settling on her eyes.

"I'm here to talk business" She said boldly and I raised an eyebrow a bit surprised she had came to me so direct. For a second I'd assumed this would've turned into a mini turf war.

"Here for business? Wow" I said taking a seat in a chair that sat in a corner. I was sure Deejay had probably had somebody tied up a few hours earlier.

"I know you didn't assume I came to fuck. Did you?" She asked poking our her pouty lips. I chuckled loudly causing a few of my workers who were standing around to laugh as well.

"So you just assumed I was a whore and that's all I think about?" I asked faking like I was shocked.

"Damn yo, come look at all these bitches walking around outside. Just cheeks everywhere!" Gucci proclaimed as he walked into the room with a duffle bag in each hand.

He paused when he saw the woman standing in front of us and dropped both of the bags and glanced at me in confusion.

"Why the fuck she here?" He questioned sounding like he was about to be caught up or some shit and I folded my leg over the other and shrugged.

"Business apparently. How you know her? I never did catch your name" I asked and then glanced back at the woman who was watching him closely.

"I'm Kim, the ex he gave black eyes too" She said subtly as she extended her hand for me to shake.

"You was on your Chris Brown shit huh?" Deejay asked as Gucci turned around and stormed out of the room like he didn't want to defend himself.

"Of course he hits women, typical" Sabrina muttered under her breath like her feelings were hurt or something.

I took in the situation and watched a few members of the crew laugh to themselves and then at the woman who held her head up high and didn't take her eyes off of me.

Her hand remained extended to me and after she saw I wasn't going to shake her hand she lowered it and nodded to herself.

"Leave" I said after awhile and she chuckled to herself until she realized I was talking to her and not the crew.

"Is this because of him?" Kim questioned as she looked at her nails and I bit my lip and stepped closer to her.

"No. It's because of Peyton and how sloppy you are. The streets are already talking about what you did and you and the other bitches you run with aren't going to walk into my shit and fuck it up. But I give you props for walking up in this bitch. I give you mad props - but you do it again and you'll leave in a body bag" I said causing everyone to immediately go on guard.

"Your loss" Kim smirked as she turned around and left the way she came with her head still held high.

"Oh she def about to try and kill you" Deejay laughed while Sabrina slapped his chest to stop him from being his usual bitch ass self.

I was quiet for a moment before I stepped out of the room and looked around for Gucci who was probably throwing himself a pity party.

He was sitting in an empty room with just a desk and a money counter. He kept his back to me as I leaned in the door way.

"You didn't tell me you beat women" I taunted and his head turned quickly, almost like the nigga was gonna give himself whiplash.

"You're the reason your ex boyfriend is missing an eye. You really wanna have this conversation?" He questioned me as I patted my pockets in search of gum.

"I didn't shoot him in the eye though, I never touched him in anyway to hurt him" I replied pulling out a pack of trident.

"That makes it better?" Gucci asked and I shrugged. He calmed down once he saw I didn't come to argue with him, I just wanted the facts.

I watched my father beat my mother throughout my entire childhood and I didn't see him as a man after that. I didn't believe in hitting women, no matter how mad I was or what they had done to me.

"I went to therapy for it. I know it doesn't make it better or change what I did but I wasn't just beating on her. We would get into fights, she'd hit me and the way my temper was set up - I'd hit her back and we'd really fight. I don't expect you to think it's okay but it's the truth and I'm very remorseful for that" Gucci said as his eyes adverted to the ground.

"I see" I replied as Sabrina joined me in the doorway and we both stared at Gucci.

Her curly hair that had been dyed blonde hung in frustration as she folded her arms.

They both thought the whole crew didn't know they were fucking on the low - but neither of them were discreet about the shit.

The video cameras in the traps and the night club I was a part owner of also caught some of the kinky shit they be doing when nobody was around.

"How is Aaron?" I questioned Gucci causing Sabrina to look at me in confusion.

"Who is Aaron?" She asked innocently and I ignored her keeping my gaze on Gucci's back.

"He's good, he seems happy and not fake happy either. I mean genuinely happy" He replied.

"And he's safe? They're treating him okay?" I questioned and he nodded without giving a verbal response - almost like he was hiding something.

"Why do you care? You gonna ask me if he still love you and pining after you? I don't know what he has going on" Gucci said. I looked him over before biting my bottom lip to control what I was about to say.

"You been gone for a week. You got drops to make and a trap to check up on. Take her with you" I instructed while keeping my cool.

Sabrina walked passed me and into the room with an obvious attitude like she was about to question him to death about Kim.

Gucci's words roamed around in my head repeatedly, wether we were together or not I always wanted Aaron to be happy.

I've always wanted that and I just knew that I wasn't good for him and that sometimes it was okay to remove yourself when you knew that instead of letting someone be dragged down with you.

But that loneliness that I felt on the inside wouldn't go away and it wasn't because of him, he helped fill that void of course.

But that was something that I had been feeling since I was a kid. But when I wasn't with him, I felt it even more and it was all of the time.

"You alright nigga?" Deejay asked as I walked passed him without making eye contact.

"I'm cool. I got somewhere I need to be" I said keeping my back to him to hide the look on my face.

"You need me to ride with you?" He asked and I rubbed my nose and shook my head before walking out.

The dress shoes on my feet made a clicking noise as I walked across the pavement. I unbuttoned the front of my dress shirt and walked to my car where I undressed into a pair of sweat pants and a plain white shirt.

As soon as I climbed into the drivers seat I looked around at a few of the workers coming in and out being bosses around by Dylan.

He looked over at my tinted windows and I looked away as if he could see me and started the car.

I wanna say I didn't picture myself here and like this when I was younger, but I didn't picture myself at all being an adult. It was like I was still shocking myself every day I got up and looked at the mirror.

My eyes watered and I threw my head back into the seat in frustration. I didn't know what was wrong with me or what was happening but it was taking control.

I pulled out me phone and stared at it through my tears and scrolled down to a familiar number where I texted the safe words "no strings attached" and then pulled off while I waited for a response.

-

"I'm sorry that I haven't been here to see you in awhile and I'm sorry that I'm fucking everything up. I just don't know what I'm doing right now, if you were here I wouldn't be going through this. I still needed you here mom" I said through tears as I looked down at her grave.

The cemetery in New Jersey was quiet, cold and empty. I squatted down and placed fresh flowers on my mother's grave before slowly glancing over at my fathers that sat next to hers.

Even in death she couldn't escape him. It's not like he ever really loved her - love isn't what I saw when he was beating up on her and cheating constantly - that was hate.

"I didn't bring you any flowers because I still hate you. You did this to her and you had the nerve to still wanna be buried next to her" I said in anger.

I made the drive from New York to New Jersey just to sit with my thoughts without anyone up my ass.

I liked to vent out in the open to the both of them, sometimes blaming them - other times just getting what I was feeling off my chest.

"The update, Aaron hates me. He lost an eye because of me and we have to stay away from each other, but I still love him down to my core. I just didn't want to bring him down like dad did you, I'm not good for him. We both make stupid choices together and I didn't want this for him" I said taking a deep breath.

I paused for a moment and looked around the cemetery, like I was looking for a sign before glancing down at my phone.

There was still no text back and I realized the text had never even gone through.

"He fucking blocked me" I said through gritted teeth. I had never tried to text him, but the fact that he had me blocked for god knows how long really bothered the fuck out of me.

I stared at my mother's grave for a awhile as my vision blurred a bit. I used the back of my wrist to rub at my eyes before I started sobbing like a bitch.

"I know you aren't crying" I heard a voice say and I sniffled and glanced over my shoulder and immediately began wiping my face as I held my head up.

"Don't stop crying now, I always knew you were soft" Kaine Turner said as he shrugged his shoulders and stepped towards me.

I watched him shove his hands into his pocket and look down at me like he was trying to suppress a laugh.

"How you found me?" I questioned looking away from him and he whistled.

"It wasn't hard. My brother told me today might be a little hard for you and he didn't want you to blow your brains out or something like that" Kaine said as he looked down at my mother's grave.

"He blocked me, I don't need him" I said taking a deep breath to pull myself together.

"You don't need anybody, right? Because you're Moses and you got this?" He asked and I nodded my head even though I knew he was mocking me.

Kaine nodded as well and went to walk away and I was going to let him until he paused.

"Malik was suppose to come, not me. But I understand you - people might not but I get what it's like to have so much anger in your heart that it blinds you. I hated everyone, I made choices that I knew would cause me pain and in the end I was only hurting myself" Kaine said keeping his back to me.

"You don't know my pain" I said staring at the ground.

"I don't. I'm not a therapist, and there's only so long you can keep saying that before it means nothing. I get you're a confused thug - your parents died when you still needed them and your father was trying to kill you. But - wow that is kinda fucked up now that I think about it" he said like he had only just realized.

"I killed one of my brothers too" I said shaking my head and he sighed.

"Sometimes depression manifests in different ways. I don't think you really truly wanna be a drug dealer, I think you want to die - but you not gonna kill yourself so you rather somebody else do it" Kaine said as I stood up and dusted myself off.

I remained silent and watched him out of the corner of my eye before sighing.

"It is what it is" I replied and he nodded and started to walk away.

"Again depression. It's gonna take you really asking for help before you mentally get out of that mindset, and when you're ready you know where to find me. I'll even give you a job" Kaine said holding up the peace sign as he headed back to his car.

"I be feeling like I gotta overcompensate sometimes. I mean well, but it doesn't always come out that way, every time I left Aaron it was because I knew he deserved better - not to hurt his feelings or play with his head mentally. I didn't know what being in love was" I admitted.

Kaine sighed and looked at me like I was pathetic and I couldn't say I blamed him.

"So change it. You feel like you're a fuck up - show niggas you not. Stop feeling bad for yourself" he said as I placed my hands on my hips.

"Be my mentor" I blurted out and he immediately furrowed his eyebrows like he was caught off guard.

I heard a car door close and soon his youngest son Kieran appeared. His long hair was braided with the sides shaved.

"Daddy let's go" he demanded before he looked over at me and folded his arms. "Who that?" He questioned observing me.

"Nobody. Get in the car lil boy" Kaine demanded and Kieran continued to look at me as he backed towards the car.

"Where's Knox?" I questioned not taking my eyes off Kieran who was watching me like I ain't show his uncle how to change his diapers.

"Don't say my bubbas name" he said before he got into the car and I rolled my eyes.

"Minding his business" Kaine said and I glanced away from him and looked down at my mother's grave.

I didn't hear his footsteps walking away so I knew he was still standing there.

"I wanna be a better man for my daughter and I wanna be the man my mum wanted me to be. This isn't about your brother, I'm going to leave him alone. I just need somebody in my corner and maybe one day I can take you up on your offer about the job" I said continuing to look down.

I heard Kaine as he walked away and I shook my head knowing I probably looked pathetic, I was a kingpin and begging somebody to guide me.

"Let me sleep on it" he replied and I glanced over my shoulder as he shut his door and started his car.

If I was going to live long enough to change, I had to stop drowning in self pity and try and pull myself out of the slump I was in. I tried to tell myself I was just lazy with a death wish but after Kaine had said what he said - it was clear a nigga was just depressed.

Aaron Turner

-

Amaru walked slowly towards me as I sat on top of my car and watched him. He glanced back at the retail store he'd just went into for an interview.

"I got the fucking job. I think that old white lady like me though, she kept licking her lips when I talked but little does she know we got the same type" He said sounding frustrated.

I smiled and stood from the car pulling him into a tight hug. He hesitated before wrapping his arms around me as I playfully rocked him back and forth.

"I'm so proud of you for doing this and starting fresh. We got this in the bag" I said into his ear as I let go of him.

He tried to act strong but ended up smiling a bit to himself as he gently pushed me back.

"We gotta start handshaking or something more, my dick got a little hard" he admitted.

"Yeah mine too" I replied with a chuckle as I looked around the plaza.

Part of me was still feeling a little guilty about what had happened to Peyton. We had grown apart and I just didn't really see her as a friend anymore.

I talked to Erin on occasions and she was doing well in life and living it up with her girlfriend. It was sad that Peyton regressed and couldn't do the same.

"I know you're still sweating what happened but that wasn't your fault and as much as it pains me to say it - that wasn't Moses' fault either. She made her choice and we all make choices and sometimes we not lucky enough to live to see the consequences" he said as he walked over to the driver side.

"I know it's not anybody fault but hers, I just be having a hard time processing death. It's so final and I didn't want this for anyone I grew up with" I admitted as I drove.

All of that just let me know that the decision I had made to leave New York was smart and I was happy that I didn't have any regrets.

"True. I think since I'm back in LA I should be trying to reach out to my family - but they don't even know I'm back yet" Amaru said as he rolled the window down.

"Your parents were cool as far as I saw, I thought you were in good terms with them?" I questioned and he smacked his teeth and shrugged.

"I am, it's just they can be kinda overbearing you know?" He said before he sighed realizing what he'd said.

"It's cool, I just think you should cherish them while they're here. They're trying to get to know you and accept you - not many people like us have that" I remind.

Amaru nodded as I pulled up to Darius' shop and spotted the fine dude from the week before.

I watched him sip on a bottle of Gatorade before he glanced over at me and made eye contact.

"Who that?" Amaru questioned when he noticed I was staring and I shrugged and cut the car off.

"You gonna say something? He looking at you" he encouraged but I shook my head.

"I can't, I'm not ready for anything serious and he probably don't go our way" I admitted and he smacked his teeth.

"You don't know that if you don't say nothing" he said ignoring the first part of what I said.

I shrugged him off and got out of the car before heading inside and he followed me.

"So since you gonna be lame, can I get his number? I'm not celibate?" Amaru questioned and I shook my head in annoyance.

I paused when I saw Saint rolling a tire across the ground and towards this white guy named Jimmy, dude was convinced he was black and just aggravating as fuck - but Saint became cool with him.

"Why you late?" Saint questioned and I nodded towards Amaru who took a seat in a chair like he was a customer.

"Well Darius been looking for you, don't know why" Saint replied as he went to help Jimmy replace the tires on a Honda.

I cracked my neck as I headed to the back wk seeing what the hell Darius wanted. I hadn't done anything wrong, I stayed in top of all the paper work he'd assigned me and it was only my second week working with him.

I knocked on his office door before entering and paused when I saw this older man named Calvin sitting across from him.

He subtly nodded towards me before he grabbed a package off the desk and headed out the door passed me.

"See ya later Darius" Calvin said before he went on his way. I could tell I had interrupted their conversation because of how tense Darius seemed.

"My bad, Saint said you were looking for me and I just came right away" I explained as I glanced at his computer monitor that displayed car parts he was ordering.

"You good, just some brother drama is all. I'm thinking about calling Jesse down here to whoop his ass" Darius said and I couldn't hold my laugh.

I didn't stop laughing until Darius glanced at me and then I cleared my throat and sat down in the chair once occupied by Calvin.

"I need you to do me a favor" he said staring at his computer screen.

"What kinda favor? Need some weed?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Nah, this dude wants his car worked on - but he's getting ready to go out of town and I need you to go pick it up and bring it back here" Darius said and I sighed.

"That's it? Why I gotta do it?" I questioned and he glanced away from the screen long enough to stare at me.

"Because I trust you, you got a lot of Kaine in you - this is a real top notch client. I stepped away from the drug game but a lot of the kingpins and the low rank drug dealers come to me to hook them up. It's business at the end of the day - clean business" Darius said and I grew tense.

"You want me to go pick up a car from a drug dealer? I don't think I can do that, I want to leave all that alone. I'll do anything else but that" I said trying to get out of it.

"Darius chuckled as he stood up and walked over to his door. When I didn't move he slapped me in the back of the head which made me clench my teeth.

"Come here" he said softly and I stood up and joined him in the doorway. There was a man that was standing back watching Saint and Jimmy work and when he saw Darius watching he nodded.

"That's Deshawn Phelps, NFL football player and you see that man over there?" Darius asked pointing to another man wearing a nice lavender colored suit.

"He looks like a pimp" I said and he nodded and glanced to another dude who had a lot of jewelry on.

"And that's a drug dealer. I'm not somebody that's gonna turn down money, I wouldn't put you in a position to get hurt or nothing like that. I'm well respected Ron - it's just a car. But my client list is very broad" Darius explained.

He observed a little of what was going on before going back into his office and opening up a Capri sun he grabbed from the mini fridge by his desk.

"Can I have one?" I questioned watching him sip on it while looking at the time on his watch.

"Nah, I only got four left" he said bluntly. I laughed a little thinking he wasn't serious but he didn't laugh along with me.

I cleared my throat and thought about what he'd said, I was just getting a car.

"Text me the address and I'll take Amaru with me" I said and he nodded.

As I was leaving out he cleared his throat and I glanced over my shoulder wondering if I forgot something.

"I'm sorry about your friends murder. If you need something - don't come to me but I can send you to Zaire or Marco or one of those therapeutic niggas if you'd like" Darius said.

I smacked my teeth and walked out. "I'm fine" I called heading towards Amaru who was eyeing Jimmy as he bent over.

"Let's ride, we gotta grab a car and come right back" I said and he looked around like I wasn't talking to him.

"We? Nigga I don't even work here" he said getting click and I snatched his ass out of the chair making him walk.

-
Amaru pulled up to a nice gated 2 story home. I saw a few men hanging outside and when I stepped out of the car they all looked up.

"Can I help you?" An older light skin man questioned and I glanced back at the car where Amaru sat watching the interaction closely.

"I work with Darius, I'm here to pick up a car. I was told the owner was going out of town" I said and the older man whispered something to a woman that was dressed in men's clothing and resembled Snoop from 'The Wire'.

She sized me up before she headed towards the house. The gate remained closed and everyone except the older man returned back to their conversation.

"I can call Darius right now if you want" I said thinking the man didn't believe me.

"You good solider, my son will be out in a second. The gate stays closed until he says open" the older man said as he took a step back.

I looked at the tall black gate and wondered what the point of that was. If somebody wanted to drive by and shoot them up, that closed gate wasn't gonna do shit or protect shit.

I kept my mouth shut and adverted my gaze to the ground and nodded.

A couple minutes later I heard a house door open and shut and then a familiar name was called.

"Akim! You having a car worked on by Darius?" The older man asked him like I didn't just offer to call this nigga.

When I glanced I paused immediately and locked eyes with the man from the hookah lounge who'd cornered Gucci and I.

Half of his hair was braided and the other half was puffed out into an Afro.

"I am. Open the gate" he instructed. He stood and watched me closely like he had a problem with me and I really just wanted to leave.

"You can come in bruh, cars in the garage" Akim said taking in my appearance as he watched me closely.

"Actually, you think you can have somebody bring the car down to the driveway. I'll take it from there" I said remaining in my spot.

I was hoping he was drunk and didn't remember me from that night, I wasn't interested in messing with him in any way.

Akim held his hands up surrendering before he ordered this heavyset man into the garage to get his Audi.

It took a couple minutes before the car was exchanged. He moved like he wanted to say something before I left he revived a phone call and I was able to leave with ease.

Amaru had waited the entire time and I eventually drove out of the driveway and followed him back to Darius' shop.

The car smelled like weed and expensive cologne that gave me a headache. There was also a pair of panties on the floor and I nearly crashed the car when I saw what looked like dried up cum on the seat next to me.

I drove the car up to the garage and handed it off to Jimmy once I got out and he immediately picked up the panties from the floor and flung them at me.

"I don't make me punch you in your shit!" I snapped shoving him into the car door causing his elbow to hit the window with a thud.

Saint got in between us while Amaru took his time getting out of my car and looked like he was waiting for us to fight.

"Get your boy!" Jimmy yelled at Saint as he stormed off and bumped passed the cute nigga eyes been eyeing.

I immediately got embarrassed and looked away, the first time he even noticed me and it was because I was about to fight some white man.

"He was just playing Ron" Saint said lowly and I smacked my teeth and looked away.

"Well let him throw some panties with cum on it at you and see how you like that" I replied.

Saint scratched the back of his head before taking over for Jimmy and driving the car the rest of the way into the garage.

I took a deep breath and noticed Amaru was nodding towards the man and I shook my head again.

He was working and I really wasn't trying to be on all of that right at the moment.

"Aye, what's your name?" Amaru questioned approaching him and I shook my head.

"Juan" the brown skin answered as he moved another wheel towards the right location.

He was shirtless and wore a pair of black adidas track pants And these black sturdy boots.

"Oh Juan, I'm Amaru and that's my friend Aaron" he said and Juan glanced at me as he walked passed me to get another wheel.

"Nice to meet you" he nodded at me as he carried the wheel passed me and handed it off to another man.

"You mess with niggas Juan?" Amaru questioned bluntly and my eyes widened.

"Yooo, shut up" I said shoving Amaru back towards my car.

When I glanced over my shoulder I noticed a few of the workers began to taunt him about gay niggas trying to get at him.

He remained silent and continued to do his job and it was taking everything in me not to slap Amaru up.

Couldn't even go and apologize because I didn't want to make the situation worse for him.

-

"Aw why does your face look like that lil Ron Ron?" Selena questioned as she cupped my face in her hands.

I moved my face out of her grasp and walked further into her luxury  and stepped out of my shoes.

"Nothing" I muttered as Saint came in after me. I went into Selena's guest bathroom and washed my hands before heading into the kitchen where her friend Taylor was setting the table for dinner.

Taylor saw me and pretended like she didn't as I took a seat at the table and sighed.

"You alright?" I questioned her hoping she wouldn't feel a way that I told Selena I didn't wanna fuck with her in a romantic way.

"I'm alright, are you alright?" She asked and I nodded my head as she finished. Saint helped Selena bring the salad, yellow rice and baked chicken to the table while I opened the bottle of red wine.

"Where's Amaru?" Taylor questioned Saint going out of her way to not look at me.

"He said he had some business to take care of. Probably stayed home to beat his dick or something - I don't know" Saint shrugged.

Once everyone was seated we began serving ourselves and part of me wanted to bring up the second encounter I'd had with Akim but I hadn't even told them about the first.

I wasn't trying to hide it, I just didn't wanna keep running into him.

"Who cooked this rice? It's still hard" Saint said as some rice fell out of his mouth and hit his plate which made a sound.

"I did. Problem?" Taylor asked tilting her head as she stabbed her chicken with her fork.

"Uh, yeah. I just told you what the problem is - learn to cook white girl" he said taunting her and she held up the middle finger.

Taylor was a Kylie Jenner wannabe, had her whole aesthetic and love for daring black men. She was fine but something about her just turned me off - maybe it was because deep down I knew she was pretending to be something she wasn't.

The thing about LA was if you weren't comfortable with who you were as a person - it was easy to pretend and there were a lot of pretenders.

She rolled her eyes when she saw I was looking at her for too long and Selena cleared her throat.

"No fighting at friend dinners. We've talked about this" she said catching an attitude.

My phone started ringing and I pulled it out of my picked and looked at Kaine's name.

"Gotta take this, it's important" I said quickly leaving the awkward encounter at the dinner table.

"Hey, I checked up on him like you asked" Kaine said and I sighed.

"He doesn't have anybody and I just wanted to make sure he-" I began but Kaine cut me off.

"It's not your problem anymore. I'll take care of it - he's fine so don't let this day knock you off your hustle" my brother said simply.

I swallowed and nodded like he could see me before hanging up the phone.

I just wanted to know if he was okay because I knew the day would be hard for him - that was apart of myself that I wanted to change.

But I knew that deep down that's just how I was and I wasn't going to pretend to be anything else.

Authors note

-

See y'all in a few months 😂😂😂 lol jkjk be back next week

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

Trade Da Lex

Storie d'amore

1.6M 50.8K 35
Aaron Turner had come to terms with his bisexuality at the age of fifteen. His first real relationship was with the man he'd always wanted and it was...
16.7K 727 22
Trauma. Sadness. Guilt. Adam is barely living since a tragic accident a year ago. He's seeing a therapist, he's having nightmares. But someone is goi...
13.5K 595 33
"Goodbye, Sam Thomas Foster," "Goodbye, Michael October Valley," ------ When Michael came out, life as he knew it ended. Everything fell apart and h...
119K 4.6K 32
COMPLETED -------- Cole Day-Sanchez is not your ordinary boy, even though he may look it. With divorced parents and a secret that is killing him to k...