Mad Ember

Ayee_Lovelies

**COMPLETED** The year is 2260. Radiation levels are reaching impossible highs, and humans are dying at a rap... Еще

C A S T
P L A Y L I S T
P R O L O U G E
1: Clunk
2: Favors
4: Strangers
5: Symptoms
6: Hopeless
7: Relief
8: Witches
9: Flashbacks
10: Dog
11: Attack
12: Together
13: Connection
14: Saved?
15: Friends
16: Kisses
17: Tensions
18: Falling
19: Acceptance
20: Revalations
21: Blood
22: Scared
23: Demons
24: Family
25: Gone
26: Reunion
27: Awake
28: Bonded
29: Cheated
30: Betrayal
31: Challenge
32: losses
33: Treehouse
34: Giggles
35: Annoyed
36: Disagreements
37: Alone
38: Searching
39: Found
40: Restraints
41: Spells
42: Rouges
43: Bats
44: Broken
45: Ancestor
46: Reunited
E P I L O G U E
BONUS CHAPTER #1
FIRST PRINT!
Running Mad Update & Explanation

3: Alien

3.9K 138 15
Ayee_Lovelies

The songs I add before a chapter hint to the feelings and messages that will rise within it. It gives my characters a real voice. It brings them to life. All songs will be provided! :) And the playlist is on spotify!

Netflix or Disney+?

S O N G F O R C H A P T E R : "Sirens"
B Y : Fleurie

"I can hear the sirens.
I can hear the sirens"

C O R B A N

Reagan and I move at an incredible speed. I start to get further and further ahead, feeling that I'm getting closer. I hear another cry, and I roar out. I run faster. Then all of a sudden, my senses are overwhelmed.

The smell. Oh, god, the smell. So soft and sweet, like daisies mixed with fresh rain. It's so refreshing and reminds me of a warm summer day. But that smell is morphed with blood and that of rogues. The rain makes it hard to pinpoint the exact location she's in. It's all I can smell, and it's everywhere.

I shift and pull on the boxers that I previously tied to my ankle. I scan my surroundings, and Reagan comes next to me and shifts as well. She puts on the oversized black flannel, and we both begin the search. She's hiding. Why is she hiding?

I start to notice something about her scent. It's so different. I can't place it. I'm not sure if it's part of the mate bond, but something is strange about it, almost... foreign. The leaves rustle, and my head snaps to the left.

I notice the blood trail leading straight into the brush. How had I not noticed before? Then, I see the mangled whimpering figure hiding in it. That's when I place the smell.

Human.

My mate is human. "That's not possible..." I whisper in shock.

Humans were not even supposed to exist anymore. They had all died when the radiation spiked. How was she here? How is she alive? I don't ponder on the fact, I don't even care that she's human. All I know is that this woman will be the woman I fall in love with.

I get down to her level, and her expression baffles me. Her eyes are a lightning bolt. They are electric blue, the bluest eye's I have ever seen. It's like looking at thick ice on a lake. But they also carry streaks of dark blue, like the vast oceans. I can see the worlds she carries in them. I quickly shake my head clearing my mind. She needs help.

Blood, dirt, and sweat cover her body. Her light brown hair cascades just passed her shoulders. It's soaked from the rain. She is in obvious pain, but her expression is stoic. I scoot closer, and she lets out the faintest whimper and slightly cowers away as if she is attempting to hide her fear.

I ignore her protest and pull her into my arms. It feels as though my whole body is being encompassed in a blanket of warmth. The feeling is like crack. She's a drug that I will never be able to live without. She fits perfectly in my arms, she's just so small. A content sigh escapes her plump pink lips as the bond more than likely swarms her thoughts, as it's doing with mine.

I look down, assessing her injuries. She must have stopped the bleeding with something. Her bicep is in bad shape. She tied a vine above it, which probably saved her life. She's smart. She attempts to escape my arms squirming in every which way. My eyes widen as I look down at her. What do I do? My heart rate beats a mile a minute, and I clear my throat.

"Shh, shh, shh, it's okay. It's okay." I speak calmly even though everything is going haywire. I let her attempt to stand. Right away, I miss the warmth she provided. As soon as her feet touch the mossy floor, she crumbles, groaning in pain as she squeezes her beautiful lightning blue eyes shut. How I miss them already.

She's barely conscious. I'm not sure she has a clue on what's happening. Reagan rushes over to my side, her hand covering her agape mouth.

"Holy hell, she's human." Reagan breathes. Yes, and that means no healing powers. An attack like this could kill a werewolf, yet here she is, somehow still alive. She moves more, which looks as though it is only adding to her discomfort.

"Please... don't move." I whisper to her. She does as I say, but not on her own free will. She loses consciousness temporarily. She quickly comes to, her eyes widen, and she winces in obvious pain.

"Let me help her," Reagan says in a whisper, but it came out panicked and rushed.

"No." I deadpanned. As much as I wanted to take all her pain, there are a multitude of reasons why we shouldn't do that. One, being then Reagan would be weak as well. And two, we don't know how Reagan's ability will affect a human. We are going to be in the dark with a lot now.

"We can't shift. We have to run!" I yell over the rain. I would carry her on the back of my wolf, but I'm afraid she would fall off. We have to go on foot.

"Okay." Is Reagan's short reply and I run off faster than I have ever gone in my human form.

The forest is pitch black, and the rain is not helping our situation in the least bit. I'm worried about my mate catching hypothermia, along with the damage her injuries will cause.

She must have been through hell. I don't even know how she survived the radiation. It wiped out everyone, and if it didn't, the rogues finished them off.

Her skin is pale. I'm guessing from blood loss. It's hard to see exactly what she looks like, given her state. Blood and mud coat her body. Her hair seems to be brown. It's dark now, but that's because it's wet. I'm sure it will lighten up when it dries. Her features are sharp. Her skin is clear. She's extremely fit, and I'm positive the majority of her weight comes from muscle.

The steady beat of her heart is the sole thing keeping me at ease, and suddenly slows down. Luckily I can see the packhouse from here. I mind link Alpha Matthews telling him I had found my mate, but she was attacked by what looks and smells like a group of rogues. He informed me that he has a team of doctors waiting.

I rush in, and Rylan is waiting at the door. When he sees her in my arms, his eyes go wide.

"What happened to her?"

"Rogues." I grit.

"Reagan could hel-" I cut him off.

"Reagan needs to rest. Helping my mate could kill her." I state monotonously.

He stands up and appears to be smelling something. Well, here we go. "Do you smell that?" He asks, confused. I sigh, pulling at my short hair.

"She's human," I whisper. But I know he was able to hear it. His eyes go wide, and he just stares at me then at her in my arms.

"She's human." I whisper again looking down at her. The more I say it, the more unreal it seems. Alpha Matthews still hasn't said anything, and I'm grateful.

"Do we have enough medicine and supplies? I saw we were running low. What, what would we do? She could die." Medicinal resources are the hardest to substitute with the human's extinction. Each pack typically has a herbalist or the pack healer creates a type of "off-brand" Copy of it. Packs make it themselves most of the time, and trading with other packs is popular. Rylan cuts off my thoughts.

"Our resources will be enough. We will talk more about this when your mate pulls through." I nod. I barge through the cloudy glass door that leads into the hospital room. Walking in, I gently lay her down on the stretcher. Her body is now completely limp. I run my hand through my hair in stress.

"She's a human?" A nurse asks. I only nod as a response.

"Should we check her radiation levels?" A nurse asks. The doctor shakes his head.

"No. She made it this long, she must be immune. We will ask when she wakes up." He states. The nurse nods. But I don't agree.

"Check her levels. Check everything." The doctor nods and writes something on his clipboard.

"Of course, Beta Rolfe. Go get the test." He orders a nurse. She nods and starts rummaging through drawers. The doctor walks forward, placing a hand on my shoulder and guiding me to a chair.

"We need to see if there are any more wounds that we can't see. I'm worried about internal bleeding. Your mate might need surgery." He states. I nod my head.

"I'll show you to the waiting room. I understand if you have objections bu-" I nod numbly, heading to the door. As Dr. Hagen goes back to my mate.

Alpha Matthews flags me down from the opposite end of the hallway. He's with Reagan, I quickly walk over to them. This is all so much.

"While you seem free, I thought we could discuss this." He says in a soft tone. I nod and walk into the meeting room.

"I'm not sure how she survived. That's our main priority in finding out. I see no problem with her staying in the pack like any other mated wolf would. Her being human will change some things, but we'll manage like we always do." I don't do anything in response, but instead, wait for him to continue.

"Luckily, no members of our pack have ever had a problem with humans. My main concern is that we may be putting a target on her back. Many packs were pleased with the extinction of humans. Especially the rogues. Not to mention the target on the pack she might bring. I'm not sure how others will feel by us harboring a human." He sighs, obviously not done.

"The next concern is how the mating process might affect her. I did research, it was a very long time ago but apparently, a human has been a mate before; in the same scenario almost, it was a female werewolf and a male human. Nothing drastic genetically seemed to change after mating, so that's a positive." I nod in understanding, not able to find words.

"I'll converse with North Shore. I'm sure they will help protect her. Let's hope she isn't some human out to kill all of us." I nod. Maybe some packs feel as though protecting my mate will help clear their conscience regarding the war.

Dr. Hagen appears in the hallway, taking off a medical mask, "Well?" I question. Dr. Hagen clears his throat.

"I was right. There was internal bleeding, but we got her in just in time. She will be alright. What I'm more concerned about is the result of her radiation test."

"How so?" I question.

"Her test reached 27gys. Her immune system shouldn't be able to handle it. Radiation will start to affect humans negatively at just 8gys, and at 15gys the effects are irreversible. But here she is unaffected. There were traces of magic in her system... Are we sure this isn't a witch masking their scent?" I scoff.

"She's human, not a witch. If she was she could have just magically healed herself." He nods and writes something down. "I'd like to do more radiation tests with her." I go to say something when the nurse comes into the hallway.

"Beta." She greets, "She isn't awake, but you can go see her now." I didn't say anything in response, I just rushed to the room. I needed to see her for myself. I walked into the small hospital room and stopped dead in my tracks. She is beautiful.

Her skin, is slightly pale, and smooth, dotted with random freckles. Her eyelashes are long and have a natural curl to them. Her hair is wavy and a gorgeous light brown. Simple, but breathtaking. Her nose is thin and sharp. It's so cute, and I am falling in love with it already. Dr. Hagen comes through the door.

"I want to go over her treatment for the next few days if you would like Beta."

"Yes please, of course." I respond, flustered.

"As you know, she is doing very well, given the circumstances." He looks to her on the bed then to his clipboard. "Her stomach is stitched as well as her foot and arm. They all have wraps and unfortunately will take around two months to heal completely. I think oxycodone would be best for the pain, we have plenty in stock." He looks up to me from beneath his glasses. Causing his forehead to wrinkle.

"Watch her on this. High doses are extremely dangerous and have bad side effects for humans. It can become extremely addictive the longer she stays on it. Thankfully it won't be needed for too long." I nod in understanding, not able to form a proper sentence with all this new information being thrown at me.

"She should wake up in a few minutes. We stopped the drip that was keeping her under. A little discomfort should be expected so don't be too concerned if she wakes and informs you about it. Now on the other side of the spectrum," Dr. Hagen clears his throat and removes his glasses, "I suggest starting the mating process slowly. Her life is going to drastically change. We have no idea of her mental state, so there are still plenty of if's, but for now, I'll give you some time alone before she wakes." I nod and take a seat next to her hospital bed. My nerves are going haywire. What is she going to do when she wakes up?

Just then, her hand that I'm holding moves. I looked down panicked. Her eyelids begin to flutter. She's about to wake up, and my heart is about to explode out of my chest. What the hell do I say? I look down at her and pull at my hair. She stirs again, and before I can stop myself, I stand up and back away from the bed while watching her, just to make sure she's okay. She opens her eyes, and I do something I'll regret forever.

I leave her.
____________________________
Do you think that was the right move? How do you think Ember will react when she wakes up? Please don't forget to vote and comment. As always, have a fantastic and safe day.

If you have any questions please feel free to message me on here or DM me on instagram at grace.ettinger.

Thanks lovelies!

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Alpha Klayton | ✔️ sunxmoon__

Про оборотней

3.1M 106K 46
"You were made for me. And I, for you." His breath is right beside my ear and I tightly shut my eyes closed. He leans down closer. "I was made to lo...
With Hell we Raise | ✔ Bernie

Про оборотней

25K 1.7K 35
Book #3 of The Bonds of Fate series. "Why?" She cried, her entire world shattering before her very feet. "Why are you doing this?" He was not lookin...
111K 4.8K 80
[COMPLETED] BOOK TWO of the LACKING HUMANITY SERIES * * * The new year will bring much more to the freshly mated she-wolf, which will include new fri...
CECIL Huritt

Про оборотней

1.7M 41.4K 33
When the war started. We helped. We fought. Soon the humans were gone. Wiped out by us. But not before making a weapon that doomed us long after they...