Whoa Baby

بواسطة RealityCheck101

Paisley Devoncourt is your typical sweetheart of the family that every parent is proud of. Smart, caring, res... المزيد

Chapter 1- Teenagers
Chapter 2- The Ace's
Chapter 3- Converting the Good Girl
Chapter 4- The Day After
Chapter 5- Sex
Chapter 6- Make Your Decisions
Chapter 7- Sunset
Chapter 8- When One Chapter Ends
Chapter 9- Beach House
Chapter 10- What Father Doesn't Know
Chapter 11- The Bump
Chapter 12- Cover Up
Chapter 13- Time To Take A Risk, Sweetheart
Chapter 14- Breakfast
Chapter 15- A is for...
Chapter 16- Everybody Knows
Chapter 17- Daddies Cry Too
Chapter 18- Like It Never Happened
Chapter 19- Fear To Fearless
Chapter 20- Peter Pan Didn't Want To Grow Up
Chapter 22- Blue Everything
Chapter 23- The Sperm
Chapter 24- Worse Than I Thought
Chapter 25- Prove A Point
Chapter 26- Something Unpredictable
Chapter 27- No Right
Chapter 28- Goodbye
Chapter 29- Invisible Lines
Chapter 30- The Kick
Chapter 31- The Cravings
Chapter 32- The Dinner
Chapter 33- Think Again
Chapter 34- Oooh, Baby, Baby
Chapter 35-There He Goes
Chapter 36- Not Knowing Is Better
Chapter 37- When You Least Expect It
Chapter 38- Meet Our Baby
Chapter 39- To Being Parents
Chapter 40- The Key To Family
Chapter 41- Have Mercy
IMPORTANT NEWS
Chapter 42- The Future Lies Ahead
Chapter 43- After Hours of a Teenage Boy
Chapter 44- One Night
Chapter 45- The Unexpected
Chapter 46- Life is Uncontrollable
Chapter 47- My Guardian Angel of Nightmares
Chapter 48- He's Got Your...
Chapter 49- Wake Me Up
Chapter 50- Lots of Stories
Chapter 51- Something Personal
Chapter 52- The Big Bang
Chapter 53- The Devoncourts
Chapter 54- Emotions Run High
Chapter 55- New Chapter
Chapter 56- C'est La Vie
Chapter 57- In Non Couples Therapy
Chapter 58- 5 Years, 9 Months, 5 Days

Chapter 21- The Magical Place of Pinterest

218K 5.9K 1.2K
بواسطة RealityCheck101

Whoa Baby

Chapter 21- The Magical Place of Pinterest

"I acted like it wasn't a big deal, when really it was breaking my heart."- Unknown

Sitting on the deck Alice and Emma quietly whispered about their plans for Paisley's surprise baby shower. They didn't know if Paisley wanted a baby shower, but every women had to have one. For goodness sakes, Kourtney Kardashian had three! Typically you only have one. Well, one grand shower at least. Emma and Alice flipped through magazine after magazine. A stack sat beside them with at least a dozen or so. Alice's laptop sat between them on the Pinterest website for some ideas.

"Ugh, I wish we knew the gender, then it'd be cute if we could do this Pretty in Pink theme." Emma says, enlarging the picture for Alice to see.

"Aww that's pretty!" Alice agrees. "Oo, regardless of the theme we should do this." Alice points out to the pink lemonade inside baby bottles with decorated straws.

"That's clever." Emma giggles, nodding her head in approval. "Pinterest has the best ideas." She continues to compliment as she scrolls through, "Oo, what if we did a name suggestion jar. I bet she'd like that."

"You're pinning all this stuff to the secret board, right?" Alice remembers, looking up from her magazine.

"Yeah, yeah, of course." Emma mumbles, waving her hand. She goes back to the last few things she suggests and pins them. Alice looks over her shoulder, frowning and shaking her head. "Should we get Paisley's mom to help?" She wonders, scrolling back down.

"We probably should, huh?" Alice mumbles, resting her chin in the palm of her hand. The stared at each other for a few seconds, rationalizing about it, "Cupcakes insides of cake?"

"Oo, yeah! On those decorated towers- oh we can decorate them with pink frosting." Emma gasps, becoming hyped up on the idea.

"Ok, I think we need to ditch the pink theme since we're not really sure that it's a girl. Maybe pastel colors?" Alice changes, disregarding whom would call Paisley's mom.

Paisley walks to the deck, hearing the faint voices that are her friends. She scratches her head and greets the girls sitting on the wooden deck floor with magazine spread out around them. "What are you girls doing?" She wonders, still feeling a bit drowsy.

"Hey, Paisley we thought you were taking a nap?" Emma wonders, speaking quite loudly as she and Alice quickly hide the magazines.

"We weren't too loud were we?" Alice questions nervously but tried to look concern.

"No you guys were fine." I sigh, laying down on one of the cushioned lounge chairs and closing my eyes a bit. "So what are you doing anyways?" I ask again, peeking down at the floor.

"Nothing." Emma exaggerates, slowly closing the laptop with her eyes on me.

"Yeah because that wasn't at all suspicious." Alice mocks, shaking her head. "Have a nice nap?" She asks me, darting her eyes up.

"Yeah." I answer, suspiciously looking around the deck for any clues. My eyes land on a magazine behind Emma, when she notices what I'm staring at she quickly grabs it and tosses it to Alice. "Guys you don't need to plan me a baby shower if that's what you're doing. Seriously, who would I invite anyways? No one is going to show up for a teenager baby shower." I sigh, rubbing my eyes and squinting from the sun.

"Now wait a minute who says we're planning a baby shower?" Emma gasps, looking surprised but she wasn't that great of an actress.

"Even if we were to plan you one we'd need your mom's help and we wouldn't tell you anything." Alice imputed with a smug smile on her face.

"At least twenty people went to Erica's baby shower. So you can bet your bottom dollar that just as many people if not more would be there too." Emma continues to say as a matter of fact.

"I don't even think anybody but you, my family and JC knows I'm pregnant so what's your grand plan, huh? Send out invitations and people reading it going 'who's pranking me? What kind of joke is this?' You know what that would do to my mom and her... reputation?"

"Paisley I'm sure your mom would care less about that." Alice assures me.

"It's not that I care that the whole town finds out, I could honestly care less about that anymore. I just don't want to get the looks and the whispers behind my back." I say randomly. I take a deep breath, inhaling the refresh salt water air. "I'm just glad I'm here." I whisper.

"Me too." Emma agrees, laying back on the floor. She tucks her arms behind her head and smiles up at the sun, "But just know that regardless you're getting a baby shower and you'll know nothing about it. All arguments against it are invalid."

Just then the doorbell rang and all discussion or arguments about the shower were put to hold. Alice got up first, a puzzled look on her face as she glances at the two of us, "Who could that be?"

"I'm back bitches! Whoa!" The familiar male scream echoed the house loud enough that we could hear him from the back.

I nearly rolled onto the floor trying to run to him. Emma was the same, not being able to get to her feet quick enough, "Miles!" We all screamed, some happier than others.

"Hello ladies! Miss me? I know I did!" He chuckles, holding out his arms for a group hug.

"Oh my gosh, this is unexpected!" I say, over joyed that I was hugging him right now. The life of the party literally just walked through that door.

"I'll say. Who invited you?" Alice smirks behind us, joining the little reunion.

"Me." He chuckles, "I thought it'd be a nice surprise." Well he thought right!

===

I knew Emma and Alice wanted a little bit of privacy to talk about the baby shower, so I let there "secret" conversation continue as Miles and I went up to my room so we could watch a movie on Netflix on my laptop. Before doing that though I used my bathroom to take a nice refreshing shower, because God knows I'll probably fall asleep thirty or so minutes into it.

When I got out of the shower and changed into some cotton shorts and a tee shirt, pulling my hair into a point tail. I stared at the mirror near the closet that went from the floor to about another foot taller than me. I stared at reflection a little bit, examining my face and such when I noticed Miles laying on my bed and scrolling through his phone mindlessly.

"Want to see something?" I ask Miles, getting out of the turning around and glancing to him laying on my bed.

"Oo, what is it?" He asks curiously, looking up from his phone.

I stood in front of the tall mirror near the closet and lift my tee shirt up, revealing my baby bump for the first time to someone other than my doctor. It wasn't large, and it wouldn't be large for quite a while. For now, it hid under baggy clothing and pattern tops so no one could see. It looked like a small bump, not much, but a bump that if someone saw they could tell well enough.

I ran my fingers across my skin, looking at myself in the mirror. I raised my head, looking at Miles as he sat Indian style on the bed, silent, looking at me calmly. "You look rather calm." I mention, putting my shirt down. "Did you already know?" I accuse, slight worried when I tried to figure out who could have told him or how he would have known.

He shrugs his shoulders and nods, turning one corner of his mouth to a grin. "Don't kill the girls, it just slipped out."

"Ugh, I should have known." I mutter, rounding my bed and laid on the other side. "When?" I ask, fluffing my pillow.

"The last time I came. We went to breakfast that morning without you." He explains, lying next to me.

"That was literally the day after I told them! Oh my God, they can't keep a secret!" I ranted angrily.

"I'm just disappointed I wasn't the first to know about this." Miles pouts, making me feel guilty.

"Technically I was the first." I joke with him, a smirk on my face to amuse him.

"Ok, then second. How was I not the second? I was the first one to know the first time you ever got your period, and that's not something a guy should be proud of. Oh, and let's not forget I was also the first to know that freshman year you failed Ms. Richardson's first history test. The first to know that it was you who l let Bee-Do- SJ's gerbil that he had for three weeks- out of his cage. Now does SJ have a pet now? No, because you lost it. Furthermore, the first to know that you were secretly reading those 50 Shades of Grey books, and the first to know that your first drink was never at communion."

"And I told you to never mention any of those things ever again. And for the record I only continued to read them because I really wanted to know Christian's secret and how everything turned out in the end." I huff, holding one of the decorated pillows against my stomach and started to hug it.

"I'm very disappointed, Paisley Grace." He tisks playfully just to tease me, "You owe me another first. You blindsided me. I should have known that first."

"Fine, you can be the first to know this then. Well, technically you're the third." I mumble, actually, technically the fourth but JC doesn't really count for anything.

"Well, spill the beans!" Miles demands excitedly, sitting up proper on the bed.

I gave him a small smile and told him in a hush whisper, "It's going to be a boy."

His mouth drops, and his eyes fall down to my stomach and back up to my face a few times, "You're having a boy!" He shouts quietly, "Oh my God!" He squeals clapping his hands. "Yes, I knew it. I wanted it to be a boy."

"You didn't know at all." I laugh, shoving his shoulder playfully.

"Well, I didn't make a guess but I'm happy it's a boy! Ah, I can't wait. You better dress him up in bow ties and collared shirts. And don't put him in one of those hideous baby tuxedo printed onesie, that's tacky and over worn. Especially on older, poorly dressed men." He shutters, "Don't marry a guy that has a tuxedo printed shirt." He tells me seriously.

"Snap back and tattoos? No honey, good job and nice suits." I quote for him. That has to be one of his favorite ones.

"Yes, darling, preach it." He says, raising his hand which I gladly high five, "Can I get an Amen! Oo, that's a powerful scripture!" He shouts, mimicking pastor's he's seen my mom watch on TV whenever he came by to hang around with me at home.

I continue to laugh, "Oh Miles, I'm glad you came by. I needed someone get me to laugh."

"Why? Have you been down in the dumps?" Miles wonders, leaning on his elbows, head in his hands.

"No it's not that. It's just, you know after telling Alice and Emma everything I feel like they've been serious. It's not a bad thing either, it's just that I wish they could loosen up, be my friends and not my mother more or less." I explain to him in the most non critical way.

"I know what you're trying to say. Before when they didn't know it wasn't like they were here to take care of you and watch over you. You had fun, joked around and laugh, but now that they know they watch over you even more carefully and act too nice." Miles clarified, it was practically as if he were reading my mind.

"Yes! Thank you, I feel like they don't joke around with me anymore. Like I'm not allowed to have fun." I add.

"Well, now that I'm here we're going to have a blast! No more lazy, stuck in the house days. We're going to beach it up until there is sand in place we can't figure out how it got there, swim in the ocean until our skin is prune, throw another freaking luau if we have to, you still owe me breakfast out- by the way how's your morning sickness thing going?"

"It is no more." I inform him.

"Good! And we're going to hit on hot guys that are stranger to us because we'll never see them again, we're going to take pictures to remember it all, flood everyone's snapchat and other social media sites, and we're going to boogie until we can' boogie no more!" He promises, using his fingers as peace signs.

"Yes! Vote for Miles Martin! Encore, encore!" I laugh, clapping my hands.

"Vote for me bitches, President Martin has left the building, and can I get an AH-MEN!" He shouts, standing on my bed and rocking his head aggressively with his peace sign fingers still well above his head.

"AH- MEN!" I repeat with uncontainable laughter. He collapses on the bed next to me, laughing along. "Oh God, you're a riot, Miles."

"I really am." He agrees with a laugh that makes you want to laugh.

"On a serious note, though, I need a favor." I say, nudging his arm with my elbow.

"Name your torcher." Miles claps his hands in anticipation.

"I know Alice and Emma are planning a baby shower for me. I want you to investigate that for me." I tell him.

"Oo, I don't know about that Paisley. That stuff should stay a surprise. So, you know, you genuinely look surprised. Like come on now, why wouldn't you want to be?" He tried reasoning with her.

"I just want to know what I'm walking into." I sighed, covering my eyes. "Maybe I'll feel better if you get involved in it. Not that I don't trust Alice and Emma, but you can report things to me like: do you feel comfortable with inviting so and so." I explained.

"Alright I think I see your point, but I'm not going to tell you everything they're planning." Miles agrees, letting me know.

"Alright, deal. Now help me out with something else." I said, sitting up from my bed and grabbing my laptop off the night stand.

"With what?" He asks curiously.

"I want to think of a creative way to tell Alice and Emma before they start going into a pink frenzy." I tell him with a chuckle, searching on the internet for some ideas.

"Can't go wrong with Pinterest." Miles suggests. Isn't that the truth!

===

"Hey! Emma and Alice!" I shout entering the house, "Someone want to help me carry in this big box?" I call, kicking the door open wider. Miles followed behind me with the few grocery items we were missing that we picked up along the way.

"Ok, I guess we're going to have to read you the dos and don'ts of what to do when you're pregnant. Don't, carry heavy objects. Do get help." Alice orders, stealing it away from me. A look of confusion formed on her face when she realized the box wasn't even heavy.

"And what and what not to eat." Emma adds in.

"It's not heavy." I tell her, "I just needed someone to guide me and get your attention." I tell her, "It's addressed to you and Emma."

"Really? Who's it from?" Emma wonders, examining the box.

"I don't know I didn't have time to look." I said, shrugging my shoulder. I turned to Miles behind me and smirked. They put the box in kitchen floor and grabbed a pair of scissors to open up the box. "Careful." I warn. As Alice let's open the flaps with a slightly confused face all the baby blue balloons start to escape and float around the room. Baby blue balloons, mint green, and one of those giant foil balloons that said 'It's A Boy!'

"Oh my God!" Emma screeched, clapping her hands. "I can't believe it! You were wrong." She laughs pointing at Alice, "It's a boy!"

"It's. A. Boy." Alice gasp with a pause after every word. She looked at Emma with a wide smile on her face, "Blue! Everything blue!"

===================================================

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PARTY PEOPLE!

Yes we know, what the heck Wednesday is almost over?!? WE KNOW but we just didn't have our concentration hats on today. First we started singing (scream singing) Deck The Halls, then we practically made a 104 second long snapchapter vlog that had no meaning. After remembering there was a new episode of The Originals (BTW NEW WEEKS preview! Ahhh!! THEY ARE THE CUTEST FAMILY! And thank God the hot brother decided to be on Klaus's side)

Oh, and don't forget that we can't stop singing The Hanging Tree (btw WHO WATCHING MOCKINGJAY?!?! I know we did! It was great, honestly.) AND we made cheese cake for Thanksgiving tomorrow (2 actually!)

ANYWAYS <—— realize we start off our paragraph like that. But to continue WHO LIKED THIS CHAPTER?!? Realized it's not the most interesting chapter but it always comes after the previous grand one (whatever adjective you want to use there).

**** GOAL TIME****

We know you guys can to do it. You guys went NUTS/ABOVE AND BEYOND the last chapter!

VOTES: 340

COMMENTS: 101 ;D

^Not an increase (in comments) of last time but we know you guy probably don't have much to say about a filler. Plus, ha ha, it's kind of ironic! RealityCheck101... 101 comments... OH SNAP!

**************

Alright, we thinks we needs sleeps because we're getting too loopy and out of hand. HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL THAT LIVE IN AMERICA! (don't go into a food comma)

GOOBLE GOOBLE! Thankful for you guys in putting up with us this far. If you read this whole author's note applause to you and GOOBLE us a comment back.... Like can I get a GOOBLE GOOBLE?!?! Oh and LOL to all in New England who just experience their first snow fall of the winter- HA HA. Or at least some of you in Mass did... Actually jealous though.

No but seriously good night. We're out of control... mentally.

Comment. Vote. Fan. -Kylie & Kelsey

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

22.1K 1.4K 40
"Maybe I should bring you home," he suggests. "Maybe you should find us a more secluded spot," I toss back, snaking my arms around his neck. "You're...
12K 456 16
Reincarnated as Tang San's little twin brother in Douluo Dalu 1. How can Tang Jiyao survive in this new world? He's an artist, genius, a master of mu...
170K 3.8K 56
When the Princess of SAMCRO returns from four years abroad, she isn't alone. The sole daughter of Gemma and JT had a child while in France and only r...
905K 29.3K 70
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her entire life. Only a shel...