Stranger | Jikook/Kookmin

Por jotajotakapa

There are stranger things about the world. There are stranger things about people. But nothing and no one has... Mais

Confirmation
Introduction | Prestory
1 | First String of Fate
2 | Team Secret Services
3 | Code Word: Mascot
4 | Tracking Down the Hacker
6 | Boy With Twists
7 | Costume Box and a Pair of Boxers
8 | Fandom
9 | Molt Icebergs
10 | Not Supposed to Fall
11 | Deal With The Devil
12 | Little By Little
13 | Ice Cream Couple
14 | Hal Su Iss-eo
15 | Sweet-Talker Fierce-Walker
16 | Muse
17 | The Impetuous Guest
18 | Full of Surprises
19 | Imposter
20 | Precious To Me
21 | Mid String of Fate
22 | See For Yourself
23 | Are You Gonna Stay?
24 | Dozillion Times
25 | Best Hugs
26 | Inspired or Some Shit
27 | Delivering
28 | Fuel to the Fire
29 |Team Makeover
30 | Hackers on the Dome
31 | Pamper Day
32 | A Seaweed Problem
33 | Hide-And-Seek
34 | Soon Enough
35 | Better Than the Truth
36 | Two Babies
37 | Anything For You
38 | Karma is Pinkman
39 | Always
40 | Last String of Fate
FareWell
Jimin (Point of View PT1)
Jimin (Point of View PT2)
Jimin (Point of View PT3)
Namjoon (Point of View)
Minji (Point of View)
Yoongi (Point of View)
Special Announcement

5 | Being a Fool

682 64 50
Por jotajotakapa

The next morning Jungkook stands in front of Jimin's house with a bouquet-ful of flowers. Well technically it's not Jimin's house, since he lives at the backyard of the neighbor (?), but yeah, Jungkook is standing there even though he can't do a very good job at it. His legs are slightly shaky from the anticipation and his feet may be twirling to the direction he came from occasionally — but no, he is going to do this.

He thinks about directly going at the backyard but wouldn't that be rude? It's the lady's property after all, since she lives in the house. Jungkook wonders why Jimin is living at the trailer parked in another person's yard... although there is only a slim chance he is right about all his assumptions too. 

Whatever, whatever. Back to what matters.

He takes a deep breath and mentally prepares himself to come eye to eye with Jimin, ignoring the sweat accumulating in his palms against the plastic wrapper, and steps towards the fence door. 

He pauses as soon as he reaches out to the knob. 

Is that guy running from the other side of the street Jimin?

He blinks in confusion, making his eyes little to better spot him but Jimin apparently is a fast runner and Jungkook doesn't have to doubt his identity anymore when blond lock of hairs spring against the roof of his huge winter coat at a visible distance.

Jimin slows down and eventually stops before Jungkook, coat pulled all the way up to his lips, squishing his pink cheeks cutely. Jungkook wonders if they are in an animation drama when they lock eyes, caught against a pastel background of twinkling snowflakes and saturated pinks. He feels himself running out of breath as the fogs escaping their mouths blend on air, even though it's Jimin who has been doing the jogging altogether.

"What are you doing here?" Jimin breaks the spell of silence, bursting a buzz of DJ record scratch through the air. Jungkook scolds himself to get it together before holding the flowers forward hastily, watching Jimin's eyes fall down to the pink bouquet hanging before him. 

"For you," Jungkook gulps down cold air, shaking a little when Jimin looks back at him stupefied. Come on, you can do it. "Because of yesterday... Apology flowers."

Even though words could have been used better, Jungkook can't bring himself to regret whatever he said, because he can't think at all. Because Jimin has that edgy look in his eyes from the day before when he trapped Jungkook in his line of sight, nibbled on flowery emotions and held back just enough that it wasn't possible to figure out what he's thinking. He's doing it again and Jungkook wishes he could find a floating door out this chapter to catch his breath a little.

"Flowers? Really?" Jimin pokes on a petal, bursting the droplet of water sitting on it. He sighs and looks up at Jungkook. "Your team must think I'm some kind of a Yes Dear, huh?"

What?!

Jimin huffs arrogantly, taking off his coat's hat and hanging his thumbs on his pockets. He angles his head so that his eyes are digging into Jungkook's ones threateningly, and exactly when he has Jungkook where he wants (hooked and terrified) he takes a step forward. 

"What, you think I'll jump at your request when you buy me some what...", he flicks on the flower package condescendingly, splashing Jungkook's face with little water droplets, "...cheap flowers?" Jungkook opens his mouth to protest but Jimin is causing him to back away by coming further again, giving him no chance to speak. Those weren't cheap... "You think you have the right to flirt with me just because I'm pretty, huh?"

"No!" Jungkook bursts unexpectedly, trying to get himself out of the misunderstanding as quickly as he can because that is definitely not what he wants Jimin to think of him. 

Jimin raises an eyebrow. "So you don't think I'm good looking?"

"N-no, that's not-"

"So you agree?"

Jungkook wants to punch something. 

He nods instead, at what he doesn't know. He just prays that it's the answer that'll calm Jimin down. Jimin does calm down in the end, but it's not the good kind. 

"Thought so," he says and simply turns around, fiddling with his pocket to retrieve the key to the fence door.

Jungkook can't let him go, so he clings unto the wooden surface in lightening speed, trying to squeeze himself in the space between Jimin and the door. "Look, Jimin-ssi, I promise I'm not here to convince you to do anything. Please, I just wanted to apologize. I... I got these for you myself," he looks down at the poor flowers in his cradle, feeling shy and pathetic in front of Jimin who judges his every move. He had gotten them with so much dedication from the only shop in town that opened that early in the morning, in high hopes that the kind act would somehow soften Jimin's heart towards himself.

Jimin finally seems to be listening to him. Jungkook is uncontrollable now. "I know it was really stupid to come and ask you a favor like that... without considering how detrimental it would be for you, taking part in such a project," he passes Jimin an apologetic look, unable to prevent himself from pouting when he notices the blooming compassion in Jimin's eyes. "It was stupid of me to agree to it, and to think that you would be okay with it too."

Jimin is silent.

But he doesn't stop staring.

Neither does Jungkook.

"You're not here to fool me, are you?"

Jungkook shakes his head vigorously, like he's offended just by the sound of that. "Absolutely not. Believe me, please." He shies away from his own plea and smashes the flowers into Jimin's chest, feeling his cheeks burn red in realization of what he's doing. He has never bought flowers for anyone. Not even for his mother, and here he is, trying to make things up with a boy he barely knows (maybe not even that).

The plastic wrapper shuffles, and unhurriedly, the weight of it disappears from Jungkook's hands. He knows Jimin took them, can imagine his running gaze on the flowers, can feel him think differently of the gesture, of Jungkook, and he knows that if he looks up now he'll fall — this time unforgivably. 

A small sound, perhaps the sweetest little breath escapes Jimin's nose and Jungkook closes his eyes at it, bracing himself to face a smile. 

Jimin is peeking inside the bouquet for what Jungkook supposes is a note. He looks adorable, flustered himself as he tries not to be discreet about the little investigation he's conducting but of course Jungkook notices it. Notices it like the trepidation in his eyelashes when he blinks, the hue darkening on his pappy cheeks from the cold, and the sudden hesitation as his eyes glance up at Jungkook out of nowhere. 

"You're redeemed, I guess," Jimin smiles slowly, doing that thing where he becomes the purpose of Jungkook's hyperventilation. It's the second time in two days. Jungkook doubts living with it.

So what now? Jimin has accepted the flowers and his apology too. Too bad Jungkook didn't think further than that, now that they are awkwardly standing there. 

"Um," Jungkook scratches the back of his neck; one way or the other, he has to prevent Jimin from going inside. "Do you want to go that coffee shop in front of the park?"

Jimin looks amused. "Why?"

Yeah. Why. How could you not see that question coming Jungkook.

"Because," Jungkook kicks an invisible stone. "It doesn't make any sense for you to walk away like that." He decides he's going to say something else because that sounds like the dumbest excuse to make but the thing is he already said it out loud and now Jimin looks like he is going to laugh at him.

He immediately clasps his mouth with his hand, looking horrifiedly at Jimin. 

"Are you a little silly?" Jimin laughs soundlessly, shaking his head as he goes back to unlocking the fence door. 

Jungkook feels like his whole world crashed on him. He is openly pouting now and he doesn't even care, because he couldn't convince Jimin, even though he apologized and bought him flowers. It's sad...

Jimin peeks over his shoulder before going in once, that sweet expression still across his features. Jungkook really wants to stomp his foot childishly because Jimin is literally showing him what he'll miss and Jungkook can't do anything but watch him.

"Hey," he tilts his head up, eyeing Jungkook comically. "Stop glowering, give me a minute to drop these home," he shows the bouquet. "Unless you want us to walk into the coffee shop with them and get teased by your barista friend."

Jungkook stutters, barely managing to shake his head before Jimin disappears inside. 

Somebody pinch him before he starts believing this is real.

Two tall glasses of pink smoothy sit on the woodsy coffee table, end-stained straws peeping from their surfaces. Temperature is perfect, favorable heat warming the inside of the café through the fireplace at the corner, Christmas decorations still hanging from the walls despite it being two weeks into the new year.

Jungkook tears his eyes from his glass, peeking at Jimin who is busy typing something on his phone. His eyebrows are furrowed, lips propped open in concentration as he scrolls through something and types speedily. Jungkook's mind wonders to whether his cheeks are always stained with pink; it's been a while since they have seated and Jimin still carries that blush on.

"Jungkook-ssi?"

"Huh?!" Jungkook blinks wildly, coming to find that Jimin has been calling out to him. His hand hangs on air amidst waving, an embezzled smile as he check on Jungkook. "S-sorry, did you say something?"

Jimin puts his phone down, resting his elbows on the table and stares at Jungkook with a framing smile. "Are you always this lost in your thoughts?" he asks then, voice creamy and soft, pitching high at the very end kindly.

"Ah," Jungkook blushes. "Sometimes."

Jimin's smile grows, like he's adoring Jungkook. "You're really only two years younger than me?"

Jungkook feels like a much younger kid when he nods, putty. Jimin has this ability to tongue-tie him, even though they haven't yet exchanged much of words. Maybe that's why, Jungkook reasons: maybe I'm not comfortable enough to be loud and disgusting around him, so I turn into this puppy who can't stop daydreaming.

"You sure are thoughtful for your age," Jimin joins his lips together, diverting his gaze down for a second. "I mean... about the flowers," he looks back at Jungkook, much apologetically. "I didn't mean to call them cheap. Sorry about earlier."

Jungkook grins, giddying up. "It's fine, hyung. We evened out."

Jimin laughs through his nose, nodding. "You could say that." Then he parts his lips like he is going to say something, but prolongs their silent stare exchange by keeping the words at the tip of his tongue. Jungkook feels his heart flip-flap as he stays in the moment with him, waits patiently until he decides to go for it. "I am curious about something."

Jungkook wets his lips, nodding to urge him asking. He randomly goes for a sip. How did his mouth get wet so quickly?

"Are you friends with the students from yesterday? Don't get me wrong, but you guys seem to have an interesting dynamic?" 

Oh. So even Jimin noticed the tension between them. Jungkook knew well that the six of them didn't make a good group, personalities extremely un-matching and mindsets all over the place, but hearing that from a Jimin (who only sat 15 minutes with them) is pretty impressive. 

"I'm only friends with Jin and Yoongi hyung among them. With the rest... not really, we're just acquaintances. Especially not with that rude gang member," Jungkook rolls his eyes, getting annoyed just by the thought of Shady, sunglasses staining the image that comes of him in front of his eyes.

Jimin laughs, twirling his straw around mindlessly. "I guess you don't like him that much."

Jungkook shakes his head rigorously, trying to show Jimin subconsciously that he doesn't stand by a person who disrespected him without consideration for his position. 

Jimin hums softly. "Then you must have been together because they are helping you out on the mascot project."

Unwantedly so, Jungkook lets out a long breath, feeling all his energy leave with it. He is so upset with the whole thing, with trusting the guys with an important part of his life and allowing himself to stray even further than his initial purpose for starting the agreement with their Secret Services.

"Hey," he looks up to find Jimin watching him pout. "Did I hit a soft spot? I'm sorry about that."

Jungkook shakes his head, slumping his shoulders. "'S fine. 'S all my fault anyway." He is apologizing for bringing the mood down too, even though Jimin might not be aware of that explicitly.

Jimin only flashes him an encouraging smile, body much closer to him over the table. "The idea wasn't all that bad, to be honest with you Jungkookie," he says his name cutely like it has always been his way of addressing Jungkook, like it's routine for them to be casual with each other. Jungkook feels his heart flip upon the thought of them hanging out always. "I was only mad at the fact that they assumed I would jump into their little thing without even paying me mind."

"So sorry about that..." Jungkook whispers, guilty, guilty, guilty.

"Their attitude got me rolling, probably," Jimin detaches his gaze, a mocking smile on his lips. "It's not like I make an ordinary living now that I supposedly learned my lesson anyway."

That's the first deep thing Jimin probably revealed about himself, Jungkook finds himself realizing. He doesn't want to push his luck by asking too many questions however, so he just lets Jimin speak, listening to him pliantly while sipping from his smoothie. He had almost forgotten there was a drink sitting on his table.

"So if you find a way to be selected as the mascot, are you going to really post the behind the scenes, the preparation for the event and stuff on your channel?" Jimin randomly asks. 

Jungkook swallows quickly. "Probably not."

"Why? Wasn't that the whole point?"

He shrugs. "I don't know what the point is... This whole thing started with me wanting to enliven my channel. My friends wanted to help me out with ideas, so they got me into this 'help group' of theirs where they planned this whole mascot plot." Jungkook eyes the bubbles popping on the surface of his drink. They remind him of his passion in life, slowly fading away. "The entire thing is senseless, like you said yesterday."

Jimin doesn't seem to like the sound of that. "That's not what I meant though..." He taps Jungkook's shoulder over the table, a smile on his lips. "Are you trying to use me as an excuse to give up?"

It's impossible to not laugh at Jimin's goofy cheering up method. 

"I'm just agreeing with you, Jimin-ssi."

Jimin makes a face. "What if I'm not agreeing with you?"

Jungkook snorts, shifting forward on the table to fight for his win. "That's impossible, because we are talking about the same thing."

Jimin mimics his shift, minimizing the distance between them in the little coffee table. It's suddenly too near, keeps Jungkook back from breathing. "You know that's not it." Jimin says softly, too soft that Jungkook tremors in delight. Reminds him of security and comfort of his childhood pillow and the loving look in his father's eyes when he was afraid to admit he had done something really naughty. "I think it would be really funny if you could make it happen. Knowing your editing skills, I would say it would be a dope project for your channel. You'd be happy with the outcome."

Wait.

"How do you know about my editing skills?" Jungkook asks, brain-to-mouth filter erring.

Jimin blinks shyly, holding back a smile as he lags in answering. "Might have looked you up a little, Jungkookie."

Jungkook feels his heart stop beating. Jimin researched his channel. Jimin researched him. He got curious about Jungkook and researched him. And he liked his editing skills, and he brought it up randomly like it was no big deal for him to go around complimenting Jungkook like that. 

Is this a dream?

"That's not our focus here, though," Jimin grins, knowing that exactly is what Jungkook can't stop thinking now. "I don't want you to be discouraged because of me. Do it, Jungkookie."

It's too much for Jungkook to survive through. He probably looks too gone, too red all the same. 

"Don't wanna," he says regardless, his childish side coming forward. Maybe he wants to be soothed by Jimin, maybe he wants Jimin to tell him that he believes in him even though he doesn't know him that well, maybe he wants Jimin to keep looking at him like he won't let him go until he does as he says. 

But Jimin does break eye contact, remaining in his spot as he looks down and slides his bottom lip in between his teeth, contemplating about something Jungkook is scared to admit. They stay like that a little, Jimin thinking and Jungkook watching him. Then Jimin finally sucks in a breath and looks up at him, although he still doesn't seem sure of whatever he came up up with.

"Will you..." Jimin says quietly, trying to read into Jungkook's orbs. "Will you do it if I agree to hack the system for you?

Jungkook has a mental breakdown. He must not be hearing it right.

"What are you talking about?"

Jimin abruptly leans back on his chair, suddenly too far away from Jungkook. He still keeps his eyes on him, a challenging invitation. He looks more confident from afar too.

"I'll do it for you," he grins, tying his arms on his chest.

"J-Jimin no, that's not why I told you everything," Jungkook isn't accepting his words, not in this world, not in the next. He didn't bring Jimin here to convince him, nor bought those flowers so that Jimin would agree to the stupid plan. "I already explained to you earlier-"

"Yes, I know!" Jimin sing-songs, looking proud of himself. As if he wasn't the one who threatened Jungkook with trying to bait him in the morning! "I want to do it anyway."

Jungkook sighs. This is not good. 

"Look, I'm not letting you hack no system. Okay?" He makes sure to stare Jimin dead in the eyes when he says it but the effect isn't coming to life with Jimin so firm about himself. Jungkook wants to pull his hair, this is not what was supposed to happen! There is no force that can take him back into that goddamn Debate Club room, let alone talking to any of the members that belong to it!

"Did I ask for your permission?" Jimin cocks an eyebrows, too cool.

"N-no that's not what I mean-"

"Jungkookie," Jimin ticks his head forward, making Jungkook stop talking. "I don't care what you mean. I'm getting you selected for the mascot thing, and you are preparing the biggest event in the history of mascot events."

Jungkook is wordless. The Jimin from yesterday and today don't match, not one bit. He doesn't get it, why is Jimin changing his mind, why is he risking himself?

"Jimin-ssi, what if you get caught?" he asks in desperation, finding himself leaning over the table restlessly. He just wants Jimin to understand this is not what he really wants, that Jimin doesn't need to try so hard for something as useless as this hell-to plan. "You are suspended, hyung-ssi, you said that yourself. You can't take any more chances with Gidae, or with your university life. If we get caught doing this, you could be charged for hell more serious stuff!"

(Jungkook wonders how he didn't think all of these before he visited Jimin with the Secret Service members yesterday. His brain is really some reckless pile of muscles minding its own business, isn't it?)

"Who said I want to go to university anymore?" Jimin points out. "I'm happy with how my life is right now. Plus, it's been three years, there's no hope for me to go back to school with the shitty way Gidae works these cases out." He sighs, looking outside the window, eyes catching on the falling snowflakes. 

Jungkook can't agree that Jimin doesn't want to return to university when he stares longingly like that. He wants to do something about it, help Jimin smile again, ease his worries, fix his problems and make him feel all better but he can't. What he seems to apparently be doing is urging Jimin into more trouble.

Jimin breathes in and suddenly he is happy again, looking at Jungkook in hopes. "Call your team and let them know?"

Jungkook is so done with him. He doesn't give up, does he? He can see them bickering constantly if Jimin is like this about everything, which he probably is, he means... just look at that irresponsible smile. 

"What if we get caught?"

Jimin rolls his eyes. 

"We won't get caught. You are staring at the biggest hacker in Gidae's days of yore."

"You said we could be exposed, yesterday!"

Jimin snarls at him, starting to get fierce. "I told you that was because I was upset at your friends-"

"Not friends," Jungkook makes a face.

"Whoever they are!" Jimin drops his arms to his sides in exasperation. "We won't get caught."

They stare each other down for an eternity until Jimin tires out, pulling Jungkook in after scanning the cafe for anyone who might be paying attention. "I'm sure we won't get caught Jungkookie, because that's what I do for a living. Okay?"

Jungkook blinks. He's even more confused.

Jimin briefly peeks around again. "My job is to make sure company software systems are hack-proof by hacking into them and reporting the leaks back to the companies."

Jungkook raises an eyebrow. Why is he whispering this?

"Do you do this legally?" 

Jimin pauses for a bit, then relaxes back into his chair with a smile. "Totally."

Jungkook really wants to throw himself from somewhere. Is he really dumb or is Jimin actually contradicting himself? Said Jimin is also... smiling at him cutely and sipping at his smoothie, and Jungkook is starting to focus more on that.

What were they talking about again?

"Okay?" Jimin asks.

Of course okay. Was Jungkook actually thinking of turning whatever Jimin's proposing down earlier? What a crime.

"Cool then," Jimin grins, staring behind his bangs that randomly curtain his eyes. He is too much for Jungkook's heart. "Can't wait."

There is no going back after that, Jungkook figures. 

They finish their drinks and agree to meet at the university campus at night to get the job done before the clock strikes midnight and the selection is automatically complete. Jungkook still can't believe Jimin wants to do this. Jimin could have kept his guard up but he looks okay with being fooled into the project even if Jungkook were secretly fooling him to do it. 

He smiles sweetly at Jungkook before they part in front of the cafe and Jungkook can almost hear his eyes say I'll make your dreams come true, Jungkookie.

As he watches Jimin walk away he wonders what he will do with the flowers. Maybe he'll put them in a vase in the middle of his study table, and maybe he'll think of Jungkook when they catch his eye randomly. He hopes they are good things, and that they both will be safe. 

"My favorite customer is here and I don't know?"

Jungkook gets irked with the familiar sound of the barista, walking from the opposite direction of the street towards him. His shift probably starts late today. 

"How are you doing?"

Jungkook smiles, engaging in conversation as he lets himself be pulled into a hug. His mind is distracted, and by the time he turns around, the pavement where Jimin was walking is empty.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

1.9M 87.1K 31
❝I'm not fucking calling you daddy. ❞ Ranked #1 in #Jikook COVER BY @yoonienetflix <3
61.8K 3.5K 27
They always say not to judge a book by its cover, using it as a metaphor to suggest you shouldn't judge people just by what you see. Though, you watc...
66.5K 6.3K 62
Love journey of Taekook. Cover by @taekook4562020
162K 11.2K 31
We were both crazy and fell in love. Should I follow my darkest desires or my twisted heart? It doesn't matter. They both lead to you. "Don't stop l...