It's Complicated (Shawn Mende...

Bởi NooniDuh

~ Completed ~ Serenity Falls has been traumatized her whole life. A horrible monster from her past, a best fr... Xem Thêm

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-one
Chapter Forty-two
Chapter Forty-three
Chapter Forty-four
Chapter Forty-five*
Chapter Forty-seven*
Chapter Forty-eight
Chapter Forty-nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-one
Chapter Fifty-two**
Chapter Fifty-three**
Chapter Fifty-four
Chapter Fifty-five
Chapter Fifty-six
Chapter Fifty-seven
Chapter Fifty-eight
Author's Note

Chapter Forty-six

573 9 1
Bởi NooniDuh

This chapter has 2,000 words, so enjoy!! Sorry if it's a little too cliche :)

The next 3 days dragged on-with all the missing assignments and last days of college, I had no time for anything. I couldn't even meet up with Shawn in the afternoon.

Kay and I were alright. He's talking to me, but only to ask about how I'm coping and about my monster of a father. Only small talk. 

Truth is, I want my best friend back. I'm so selfish, I can't help but want Shawn and Kayden. I think...I have to let one of them go. I don't know, I'm not going to think about this right now.  

I feel free now that college is over this year. I'm going to spend the next 2 months usefully. Most of all I'm going to spend the next month with Shawn because he'll leave because of his job. 

His job. He makes it seem like he's a gang leader or some sort of criminal. He could be in danger. I shake these thoughts from my head as I walk home. I need to stop worrying, he's fine. He can take care of himself.

What happened with Shawn 3 nights ago was incredible. We almost had sex.. Am I really for that commitment and bond? I think I am. I haven't been sure of much in life, but this I am sure of. I sometimes dream about a future with him. It's the most beautiful thing. 

I arrive home and go to my room, pulling out the shipping box from underneath my bed. I had bought it when I was at the hotel but never got to open it because I was so caught up in other things. I open the box and smile. It's beautiful.

I ordered this directly from a Japan store called Sympathy of Soul. Thank god for Google Translate. I noticed Shawn likes jewelry and I remember occasionally seeing a piercing in his ear once or twice. He's really spiritual and always wears rings and even wears necklaces sometimes. 

It was a pure silver ring with two feathers overlapping each other. It was done with immense detailing and was handmade. The ring itself and shipping cost was a lot, so he better like it. Just kidding. No but seriously-

I place it back in the box and wrap it carefully, tying it with a ribbon. I place it in the gift bag, along with another item. He has done so much for me, just a ring won't suffice. I also got him another gift as well. Since he was a guitar lover, I got him a personalized and handmade guitar pick.

I opened the small wooden box to reveal a blush colored pick (it reminded me of the color Shawn's cheeks always turn when I embarrass him) with the words "I pick you," engraved with the date we met. 05.26.19. May 26, 2019. The day he dropped his wallet, and the day I found someone very special.

I close the box carefully, wrap it in gift wrap, and place it in the navy blue gift bag. 

I wake up and look at the time-it was 9 am. I should go over to Shawn's place. I brushed my teeth, took a shower, and put on some jeans and a cozy grey sweater. I have the whole day planned out for the both of us. I grab my phone and the navy blue gift bag and head out to Shawn's apartment/house.

I hide the bag behind my figure as I ring the doorbell. Shawn opened the door, his hair wet and sticking to his face after a shower most likely, "Hey." I smile as he lets me in, leading me to his room.

"I uh- got you something. Happy birthday," I say, handing the bag to him. His smile lights up his face, and I could see his eyes twinkling with happiness. "Thank you, you really didn't have to," he says like the humble man he is.  

"Open it," I urge and he nods, both of us sitting on his bed. He gently takes out a wrapped box and peels the wrapping paper. He opens the jewelry box to reveal the feather ring. He smiles as he takes the ring out of its box, "Wow. It's beautiful," he marvels. He slipped it onto his right ring finger. At that moment, I see a flash of a tattoo-it looks like a baby little elephant. "Thank you so much Serenity, this is so pretty thank you," he says, kissing my cheek. "You are welcome Shawn, I got it all the way from Japan for you, and it's handmade," I smile and he grins.

I grab his hand and lift his front two fingers up to reveal the tattoo I noticed. "Aww a baby elephant, so cute!" I gush and he laughs. "Yeah, I know right! Me and mom have matching tattoos for this, " and I melt. That is so cute!

I've been thinking..I think I want to get a tattoo. The one I have for Kay is pretty big but not too big. I want to get something done on my left sleeve. I have no idea what to get though.

Shawn opens the other gift and smiles happily at me. He stares at the pick and laughs. "I can't believe you remember the date I dropped my wallet," he laughs. I smile, "Of course I do, it was the day I met someone very special, " I say, winking. "Thank you babe, I'm going to use this always," he says, putting the pick in the box and placing it in the gift bag. He decides to keep the ring on. 

"Come, I have the day planned," I urge and he smiles at me as I grab him by the hand.

"I don't know why I thought this was a good idea, I'm scared of heights," I admit and he laughs at me. I took him to a carnival, and now he wants us to ride the ferris wheel. "Come on, it'll be fun," he says, leading me onto the little seat. 

"Uh, this doesn't look safe," I notice. The wheel and seats were rusty and the seats creaked when we sat on them. "We'll be fine sweetie," he says, and I don't fail to notice the new pet name he called me. It rolled off his tongue smoothly, like he didn't even process it, just spoke. 

I scoot closer to him until our sides were pressed together and squeezed his hand tightly as the seat started to move. I could feel his gaze on me from behind the sunglasses he wore-he seems to wear them everywhere public. He takes them off when we are high up in the air.

I looked down from the height and I gulped nervously-we would die if we fell from this height. It would be so painful, we just splat onto the hardwood floor around little children. We would be dead in seconds. Imagine- "Hey, look at me Serenity. Don't look down, look at me," he instructed, as if he knew what I was thinking. 

I stare at the man beside me. I mean really stared at him. The way the ends of his curly hair swayed with the slight breeze. The corner of his eyes crinkled as he smiled, showing his pearly white teeth. I noticed a trace of hair growing at the bottom of his chin, indicating that he had not shaved. His small scar on his right cheek was still clearly evident-but it was cute.

Our eyes meet and we smile at each other. "Now look at the view," he whispers, his hands along the side of my face as he turns my head to the outside. Wow. From this height, we could see tiny little houses and the people walking were the size of ants. I'm not afraid anymore.

My hair swayed with the wind and I pushed it out of my face, turning to Shawn. He was watching me, his eyes twinkling with happiness. "Thank you, " I say, kissing his forehead as he pulls me closer. I don't want this moment to end.

Shawn puts on his sunglasses as we approach the end of the ride. "See that wasn't so bad," he teases and I smile, "Not at all."

"Shawn we all know these are rigged, come onnn," I say, rolling my eyes as he misses the target. Again. This is ridiculous! He was adamant on winning a stuffed animal for me. He is so stubborn Thats really cute and all, but this is his fifth time. Yes. Fifth. You would think he would give up by now-but no. I sighed again.

"Fine, let me try," I say, giving in. I shoot the bullet at the target 3 times effortlessly. Shawn gapes at me, "what-wh- how- I?" I laugh as the guide hands me a light brown teddy bear. Aww so fluffy!!

Shawn pouted, "I was supposed to win that for you." I shake my head, laughing. "It's okay baby, it's a gift from me to you," I say, holding out the bear with open arms. He looks at me hesitantly and his lips tilt up to a grin. "Thank you," he says, ruffling my hair as he takes the bear from me.

"Let's go home" he says, swinging his hand in mine and holding the bear in his other. We walk to the car. I grab his bear and crawl into the back seat, buckling the bear in. Safety first. He turns from the driver's seat and bursts into laughter.  "Oh my god..you-" he says, laughing. I turn to him confused. "I can't believe- Oh god you are such a child," he says as he starts the car.

"What are you going to name our friend?" I ask, not wanting to assume it's gender. "A name? Uhhh," he says, taken back by my question. I stroked our little friend, "Lemme think of a good name."

He chuckled to himself, "I got it." I perked up, "what?" He looked at me through the mirror, "Misty." I smiled, "Aww thats cute. Why'd you think of that?" "Your eyes-when the gray mixed with the blue when you are happy, it's beautiful, like mist." He knows what to say every damn time, this man. I love him.

"Shawn..that's so sweet I don't even have words..thank you, that's beautiful," I say, fumbling over what to say. "You're welcome princess." That name. I shuddered as he spoke the word. I hate that name with every bone in my body. I knew Shawn meant it in a good way, I just- I'll never have good memories with that name. "Don't call me that," I snap at him harshly.

Okay now I feel bad for snapping on him. "Are you alright?" He asks me, glancing through the mirror to look at me. I sigh heartily, "I'm fine, that name doesn't bring good memories," I say curtly. He deserves an explanation for me snapping at him. The rest of the ride is silent as we reach our destination. 

I unbuckle Misty and carry her as we get down from the car and into his apartment. I place Misty on his bed. "You know how you said the name brings bad memories?" Shawn asks and I nod, lying down on the bed with him. I want to talk to him about it but I don't want to ruin his birthday and make it all about me so I'm not going to. 

"Well, let's make some good ones with it then," he says, yawning as he switches off the light. That's the last thing I hear before I fall asleep.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

489K 12.8K 64
𝙎𝙃𝘼𝙒𝙉 𝙈𝙀𝙉𝘿𝙀𝙎 ; [completed&edited] ❝call it what you want. but sooner or later, I'll be more...
350K 5.9K 69
A story about a college girl named Lili with her best friends having the time of their lives until one day Lili's friends but tickets to see the famo...
851 69 22
"You?" I asked in shock as I watch in front of me the most arrogant person walking in my boyfriend's house. "What the fuck are you doing here?" He a...
5.7K 307 53
I felt him coming closer and closer, I felt his breath on my cheek, tasted his smell on my lips, but right before his lips touched mine, I turned my...