Worlds Colliding (Law & Order...

Von katherinep97

Frank Grillo as Frank Russo Katheryn Winnick as Abigail Jonson Mehr

Characters
Chapter 1 - Payback
Chapter 2 - A Single Life
Chapter 3 - ...Or Just Look Like One
Chapter 4 - Hysteria
Chapter 5 - Wanderlust
Chapter 7 - Uncivilized
Chapter 8 - Stalked
Chapter 9 - Stocks & Bondage
Chapter 10 - Closure (Part 1)
Chapter 11 - Bad Blood
Chapter 12 - Russian Love Poem

Chapter 6 - Sophomore Jinx

208 7 3
Von katherinep97

Outfits in the external link

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/98530

In the criminal justice system, sexually-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as The Special Victims Unit. These are their stories.

~~~~

~~~~

Day One

Night - St. Raymond's University - St. Julian's Square

A young man and woman were sitting on a stone bench together.

The woman laughed. "Give me a break."

"What is that?" the man asked, leaning closer, wrapping his arms around her waist. "Like 'no means no', or something?"

"Yes, that's exactly what it is," the woman told him. "Come on."

"Oh come on, I did your calculus homework for you," the man told her.

The woman chuckled, shaking her head. "So?" The man leaned closer. "Adam, seriously, no."

The man looked behind the woman on the grass, looking shocked. "Oh, my God!"

"What?" the woman asked. "Get..." The woman turned around, looking over the wall. She gasped. The shot looked from them to the ground, showing a young woman lying on the ground with a cut on the side of her forehead. She wasn't moving. "Adam..."

~~~~

Stabler House - Living Room

Maureen walked inside the house, closing the door quietly.

She heard Elliot's voice, jumping. "Maureen."

Elliot turned on the lights, walking closer.

Maureen looked nervous. "Hi, Daddy."

"Where you been?" Elliot asked.

"Out," Maureen answered.

"Out?" Elliot asked. "Where?" Maureen didn't answer, shrugging. "What have you been doing?"

"Nothing," Maureen told him.

"'Nothing' at 2:30 in the morning?" Elliot asked. "Nothing?"

"It's not that big a deal," Maureen told him.

Elliot walked closer. "Breathe on me."

"What?" Maureen asked.

"Breathe on me," Elliot repeated. Maureen hesitated, letting out a breath. "Who you out with?"

"Nobody," Maureen told him.

Elliot nodded. "'Out', 'nothing', 'nobody'. Those are your answers to me?" Maureen nodded slightly. "Fine, you're busted. You're grounded. Go to your room."

Maureen frowned in shock. "Wait, for how long?"

"Till I got some answers or you turn 18, whichever comes first," Elliot told her.

"Can't we talk about this?" Maureen asked.

Elliot shook his head. "No. Go."

Maureen looked at him angrily, walking past him. "This isn't fair."

Elliot turned to look at her. "Hey. I got news for you. Life isn't fair, honey."

Maureen walked up the stairs, leaving.

Elliot sighed, shaking his head.

~~~~

St. Raymond's University - St. Julian's Square

The area that the couple were was now a crime scene.

Frank and Olivia walked with an officer.

"Detectives Benson and Russo, sex Crimes," Olivia told him. "What happened?"

"A young couple found the girl's body about 1:50 a.m., D.O.A. Over here," the officer told them. "They called Campus Police, who called us." They looked at the ground behind the wall, seeing the dead girl on the ground. "Lieutenant said it should go to you guys. No underwear."

Olivia pointed a flashlight on the body. "Bad blow to the head."

Frank looked closer. "See that? Looks like cement fragments around the wound."

"Yep," Olivia agreed.

"Okay," Frank said, standing up. "What do you think? We're looking for a rock, a brick, maybe?"

"Who's going to look for that?" the officer asked. Frank and Olivia looked at him. "Me..."

Olivia nodded. "Yes, start the search here, then spread out. Call Campus Security and have them halt all garbage pickup."

The officer smiled in amusement. "You want us to go through the trash?"

Frank nodded. "Yeah, you personally."

The officer's amusement faded away.

"Why is she all wet?" Olivia asked.

"I figure it had to be the automatic sprinkler system," the officer answered.

Olivia looked at Frank. "Forensics is going to love that."

"Tell me about it," Frank told her. "Who found her?"

The officer pointed to the side, where the couple was sitting together. "These students."

"Get anything off them?" Frank asked.

"No," the officer answered.

Frank and the officer walked toward the couple.

"You hear anything?" Frank asked.

"No, it was pretty late," Adam answered.

"What were you doing out here?" Frank asked.

"Trying to get some privacy," the woman answered.

"Hey, Frank," Olivia told him, holding a handbag with her gloves. Frank walked back toward her. Olivia held an ID. "Her name was Jeanne Gallagher." Olivia handed Frank the ID. "Says she's a sophomore."

Frank looked at the ID with a glove. "'Boman'. 'Bowman'?" He looked at the couple. "Where's Bowman Hall?"

Adam and the woman pointed to their left.

Frank and Olivia exchanged a look.

"She was almost home," Olivia told him.

Frank put the ID inside the handbag.

~~~~

Worlds Colliding (Law & Order Special Victims Unit)

~~~~

Day Two

Day - Police Department - 16th Precinct - Main Room

Olivia, Frank, Abigail, Elliot, Cassidy, John, Cragen, Monique and Ken were talking.

Jeanne's pictures were on the board.

"I don't know, guys," Olivia told them. "We could be looking at two attackers."

"Maybe, but look at the way the legs are spread," Monique told them. "That kind of disrespectful staging reads like a single doer to me."

"'Disrespectful staging'?" Abigail asked. "It's rape."

"Somebody bashed her head in with a rock," Cragen told them. "That's the cause of death?"

Olivia nodded.

"Preliminary," Frank told them. "We're looking for the weapon. Everything's 'preliminary'."

"The only thing that's not preliminary is that the girl was drunk," Olivia told them. "Alcohol level was .27."

Elliot raised an eyebrow. "Triple the limit."

Cragen walked to stand next to Frank. "There was a time I yearned for a girl who could drink like that. Where'd they get the booze?"

"At a party for the St. Raymond's basketball team," Olivia answered.

"Must have been one hell of a party," Cragen told them.

"They have a lot to celebrate," John told them. "The Rays are one of the great comeback stories in college basketball."

Ken nodded. "Yeah, from joke of the division to the Sweet 16 inside, what, two years?"

Monique nodded. "Everyone knows they bought their way up."

Monique and Ken high fived each other.

Cragen frowned. "Hey, hey, hey. Come on. Watch it. That's my school you're talking about."

"How can you be so cynical?" Cassidy asked. "You can't buy your way into college hoops."

John scoffed. "Actually, they spend money like the Sultan of Brunei at a hooker's convention."

"Yeah, but they don't get paid," Cassidy told him.

"No, that's right... they just get cars and free trips and tickets they can sell to alumni associations for 10 times what any scalper would get," John told him.

"Fine," Cassidy told him. "So they don't get paid." John looked at Abigail, shaking his head. "What? What's this?"

"Okay," Cragen told them. "You guys got this worked out?" He looked from Olivia to Frank. "Talk to the university. See how she spends her evenings." Olivia and Frank walked away. "Jeffries, you're in court?"

"Yeah, the severed head guy," Monique answered.

Cragen nodded. "Oh yeah, him. Well, stick it to him."

~~~~

St. Raymond's University - Hallway

Elliot and Abigail walked into the building with Father Abbot McCourt.

"Jeanne Gallagher was a very promising student," Father Abbot told them. "Her death was a terrible blow to the entire university. We're holding a campuswide mass in celebration of her life."

"That's very thoughtful," Abigail told him.

"We shall miss her," Father Abbot told them.

"How well did you know her, Father McCourt?" Elliot asked.

"As an administrator, I never actually met her," Father Abbot answered. "But she was well loved by many."

Elliot nodded. "We need to talk to people that knew her."

"The university will be mounting its own investigation into the tragedy and a full report shall be sent to you as soon as it's available," Father Abbot told them.

Abigail sighed. "Well, I'm sure that will be very effective, Father. We know Jeanne was extremely drunk."

They stopped walking.

"Alcohol counseling seminars will be part of my recommendation," Father Abbot told them.

"That's not the point, Father," Elliot told him. "Who was there?"

"You should talk to the Hostess Committee," Father Abbot told them. "They planned it."

"'Hostess Committee'?" Abigail asked.

"It's a sort of women's auxiliary to help support the basketball team," Father Abbot answered. "Very motivated campus women pitch in when necessary."

~~~~

Agatha House (Hostess Committee)

Abigail and Elliot were sitting with the host at her desk.

Cassidy and John were with them.

"The Hostesses have been a St. Raymond's institution for 50 years," the woman told them. "They provide tutoring, logistical support, even ironing players' shirts if needed."

"Or throwing one hell of a party for the team," Abigail told her.

The woman scoffed. "They work hard. They need relaxation, too."

"What was Jeanne Gallagher's role?" Elliot asked.

"She was one of our star hostesses," the woman told them.

"That's what Father McCourt said, too," John told her. "Who was at this party?"

"Players, prospective players, coaches, hostesses, and important alumni," the woman answered.

"Did you see Jeanne that night?" Cassidy asked.

"Of course," the woman answered. "She came early and helped set up."

"Did you notice what time she left?" Abigail asked.

"I left before the party was over," the woman answered, reaching over for a paper. "Perhaps her roommate, Shelley Brown, might know more than I."

The woman grabbed a pen.

A young man walked closer, sitting behind John, Cassidy, Abigail and Elliot on the couch behind them, lying down.

John, Cassidy, Abigail and Elliot looked over at him.

"Make yourself at home," John told him sarcastically.

"Riley, these are Detectives--" the woman started.

"Munch, Cassidy, Jonson and Stabler," John told him.

Riley checked Abigail out, smirking. "Hey."

Abigail tilted her head. "Were you at the party last night?"

"Sure, of course," Riley answered. Elliot raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"You weren't drinking, were you?" Cassidy asked.

"What do you care?" Riley asked.

Abigail and Elliot stood up.

"You got kind of a reputation there, Riley," John told him. "You're as well known for slamming back brews as for slamming down hoops."

"So?" Riley asked. "It's off season. It doesn't affect me on the court."

"And the drug test doesn't test for beer consumption, does it, Couger?" Cassidy asked.

"You don't know anything about me," Riley told them.

"I know you're an elbow thrower in the Bill Laimbeer mode, but you don't have his post up moves," John told him.

"Look at St. Raymond's record before taking potshots at me, okay?" Riley asked.

"You see Jeanne last night?" Elliot asked.

"Yeah, she was at the party," Riley answered.

"What time did she leave?" Elliot asked.

"I don't know," Riley answered. "Me and some friends split early."

"'Some friends and I'," John corrected.

Riley frowned. "Whatever. We went to this alumni dude's house. He introduced us to the mayor."

The woman stood up, walking around her desk.

"We'll be sure and ask about that, and alumni is plural, college man," John told him.

"Anyone have a grudge with Jeanne?" Abigail asked.

"Yeah, maybe," Riley answered. "Chuck Mosley was yelling at her."

"Riley, you're talking about a teammate," the woman told him.

Abigail looked at the woman in annoyance. "We're not asking you." She looked back at Riley. "What were they arguing about?"

Riley shook his head. "I didn't hear, exactly, but ask anyone. She was crying. He was all yelling. You know the way those people get."

"The way what people get?" Elliot asked.

"You know... street players," Riley told them. "'Don' choo mess wit' my homies', and all that gangster rap crap. Thinking they can get away with anything 'cause they're so bad."

John raised an eyebrow. "As opposed to suburban white boys, who think they can get away with anything because of their daddies' money?"

"Yeah," Riley answered.

"Know where we can find Chuck Mosley?" Cassidy asked.

"He's got a regular run at 5th Avenue and 100 something Street," Riley answered. "You just look for dealers and graffiti. He'll be there."

~~~~

Street - Court

Young men were playing basketball while others were watching.

Music was playing through the radio.

Cassidy and John walked through an opening through the fence.

"Yo, Mosley!" Cassidy called. No one heard them. "Chuck Mosley!"

John turned off the radio, making the men look over.

John looked at Cassidy. "That'll get their attention."

Chuck looked at his friends. "Check it out, man. It's the 'Blues Brothers'."

John and Cassidy walked toward them.

"Actually, I'm Detective Munch and this is Detective Cassidy," John told them.

Chuck nodded to the others on the bench. "You need to talk to them. They got next."

"We're not here to play, handsome," Cassidy told him.

"No?" Chuck asked.

"No," Cassidy answered.

"Then, do you mind?" Chuck asked. "You're on the court."

"Chuck--may I call you Chuck?" John asked. "We'd like to ask you a few questions."

Chuck scoffed. "Call my agent, man. I'm working."

Chuck and his friends turned to walk away.

Cassidy grabbed Chuck's shirt. "Whoa, yo, hotshot." Chuck and his friends turned to them. "We're here to talk about the murder of Jeanne Gallagher."

Chuck rolled his eyes. "So when a white woman's killed, you round up black men first, or do you ask a few white people some questions to keep up appearances?"

Cassidy stepped toward him. "What did you just say to me?"

"Hey, Chuck, come here," John told him, leading him away from the group. "I know you got to trifle with us in front of your people to save face, Chuck. So I'm going to give you a choice. Ride with us now or get cuffed to that chainlink fence and wait for a wagon to come and get you."

Chuck looked away.

~~~~

Elsewhere

John opened the backseat door.

Chuck got inside. He sighed, looking at John and Cassidy. "All right, wait. Jeanne and I were friends. We went to the party together."

"What time?" Cassidy asked.

"After practice," Chuck told them. "8:00, 9:00."

"Why were you arguing?" Cassidy asked.

"She was on a tear," Chuck told them. "Jeanne's a sweet girl, usually, but when she starts drinking she starts getting in trouble."

"That's not an argument, that's an opinion," John told him. "An argument is when two people yell at each other."

"I wanted to leave and her to come with me," Chuck told them. "For her own good."

"Did she?" Cassidy asked.

"No," Chuck answered. "I gave her what for and I cut out."

"What time, Chuck?" Cassidy asked.

"1:00, 1:30," Chuck answered. "'Conan O'Brien' was on when I got home. My Mom was up waiting for me."

"Your Mom's your alibi?" Cassidy asked in amusement, looking at John. "That's beautiful." He looked at Chuck. "What's your Mom's number?"

"My aunt's sick in Louisiana, she went there to visit," Chuck told them.

"Which hospital, Chuck?" Cassidy asked.

"I don't know," Chuck told them.

"When's she coming back?" John asked.

"I don't know," Chuck repeated.

"Wrong answer," John told him.

"She's on a bus," Chuck told them.

John closed the backseat door.

~~~~

Day Three

Day - Police Department - 16th Precinct - Hallway

Cassidy, Olivia and John were talking.

"Mosley's on ice till his alibi sticks," John told her. "Couger is a bigger punk off the court than he is on. Unfortunately, he has an alibi. He was on his way to a second party with the mayor."

~~~~

Main Room

They walked in.

"The mayor?" Olivia asked.

"Yeah," Cassidy answered. "I spoke to 'His Honor' this morning. He answered his own phone."

Frank was sitting on his chair behind his desk, having his feet on the desk.

Cragen was sitting on a chair next to Frank. "Well, that's reassuring."

Cassidy sat on Elliot's desk. "Woke him up, as a matter of fact."

"What did you get from Mosley?" Cragen asked.

John sat on his chair. "Mosley wasn't giving up anything either, but he did admit to an argument with the vic."

"Alibi?" Elliot asked.

"He was watching late night television with his mother," John answered. "She is conveniently on a bus trip to Louisiana."

"You get the sense the great St. Raymond University machine is throwing itself in front of this investigation?" Frank asked.

"Why would they do that?" Cragen asked. "Jeanne Gallagher's a student there."

Cassidy pointed at Frank. "Money."

Frank pointed at him. "And they got a winning franchise. Our main suspects are basketball players. We put away one or two star players..."

"They're out $40 million," Abigail finished.

"$40 million?" Cragen asked. "I keep getting fundraising letters saying they're broke."

"$8 million in television fees alone," Abigail told him. "Then more money from alumni contributions then tickets and merchandising..."

Olivia nodded. "Hats, T-shirts..."

"Plastic pen holders, plastic saints," John added. "Remember when it was 'Georgetown' this, 'Hoyas' that? Now it's the U. Conn. Huskies."

Olivia looked from Abigail to John. "I'll tell you this, I bet St. Raymond's would love a piece of that."

John nodded.

"Well, you may want to remind them that whatever privileges they may extend to players, we make arrests without first considering a suspect's free throw percentages," Cragen told them.

Frank nodded. "Noted, Jefe." He dropped his feet from his desk, standing up. "We're gonna do a 'pickandroll' with the administration today."

"Going to talk to the roommate who presumably doesn't have a percentage in St. Raymond's television rights," Olivia told them.

~~~~

St. Raymond's University - Agatha House - Shelley & Jeanne's Dorm Room

Frank and Olivia were talking to Shelley.

"What else do you get?" Olivia asked.

"Tickets, cars, trips to out of town games, you name it," Shelley told them.

Frank looked around. "Awful lot of perks for just cheerleading."

"I can see you've been getting the party line," Shelley told them. "You think I would have quit if that's all it was?"

"What do they expect from you?" Olivia asked.

"A competition to recruit top players from high schools is fierce," Shelley told them. "NCAA's been cracking down on some of the more obvious money incentives."

"Tickets, cars, the likes, and the hostesses offer?" Olivia asked.

"Hospitality," Shelley answered. "The university never explicitly demands that you show players a good time..."

"But if you don't, you don't get the goodies," Frank told her.

"Yes," Shelley agreed. "I quit. Jeanne needed the money and the scholarship."

Frank looked into the drawers.

Olivia opened a book, looking at Shelley. "What else can you tell us about Jeanne?"

Shelley nodded slightly. "We were close. She stuck by me even though I quit the hostess crap." Frank looked at a picture, waling toward Olivia. "She let me go on living here with her."

Frank showed Olivia the picture, showing it to Shelley.

"Did she have a boyfriend?" Olivia asked.

"Brother," Shelley answered. "It's not really allowed. One of the unwritten rules. 'Hostesses must always be available'."

Frank put down the picture. "So, what was her state of mind, last week or so?"

Shelley chuckled. "Drunk."

"Was Jeanne always a heavy drinker?" Olivia asked.

"No, that's what's so weird," Shelley told them. "She--at one point she never drank. But then..."

"When did she start drinking?" Olivia asked.

"Right after the game where we got into the Sweet 16," Shelley answered. Olivia pulled out her textbook. "There were like, three days of celebrations." Olivia wrote it down. "After that, she kind of lost her spark. That's when she started drinking."

"What happened to her?" Frank asked.

"I don't know," Shelley answered. "I just know that's when she changed. Her parents might know. She moved in with them for a couple of weeks after that."

~~~~

Gallagher House - Living Room

Mr. Gallagher was staring out the window.

Mrs. Gallagher was sitting down on one couch.

Frank and Olivia were there, sitting on two chairs.

"Jeanne's roommate said she changed sometime around the end of the basketball season," Frank told them.

"Shelley said she'd gone from being carefree into a kind of depression," Olivia told them. "Drinking a lot."

"Do you know why she changed?" Frank asked.

Mr. Gallagher turned to them. "Stress."

Mrs. Gallagher looked at him. She looked away, sighing.

Mr. Gallagher sat next to her.

"Mrs. Gallagher... we need to know," Olivia told her.

Mr. and Mrs. Gallagher looked at each other.

Mr. Gallagher looked down.

Mrs. Gallagher looked at Frank and Olivia. "Our girl was raped. That's what happened to her."

Frank and Olivia looked down.

~~~~

~~~~

St. Raymond's University - Outside

Frank and Olivia were walking along with Dr. Sara Goodnall.

"Doctor-patient confidentiality is the cornerstone of my practice," Sara told them. "The students need to know they can trust me."

"Doctor, I hear what you're saying," Olivia told her. They stopped walking. "But this is a rapehomicide investigation."

"Doctor, telling us about your conversations with Jeanne is the best thing you can do for her right now," Frank told her.

They sat on the bench.

"I don't know who raped Jeanne," Sara told them. "She never told me."

"Did she know her attacker or was it a stranger?" Frank asked.

"She said it was a basketball player," Sara told them. "She didn't tell me which one."

"Well did she give any specifics?" Olivia asked.

"No, she never identified him by name," Sara answered.

"Did she say if he was black or white?" Olivia asked.

Sara shook her head. "I don't know. She was consciously vague. I didn't like to push her."

"Dr. Goodnall, he raped her," Olivia told her. "He committed a felony. The man should be in jail."

"Look, three weeks after the rape, Jeanne didn't have her period," Sara told them. "Here's a girl who's happy as a lark, all of a sudden she's facing an abortion, her parents are in screaming denial, she has nightmares, starts drinking heavily. I had my hands full, Detective."

Frank looked down, sighing softly.

~~~~

Police Department - 16th Precinct - Room

Chuck was in the interrogation room, throwing a rolled paper on the window.

~~~~

Interrogation Room

Cassidy and John walked in, closing the door.

Chuck threw another rolled paper on the window.

Cassidy pushed it away.

"Hey, I'm at 11 in a row here," Chuck told him.

Cassidy sat on the table.

John smiled a small smile. "Bill Bradley used to do that."

John sat down on the table.

Chuck smiled. "Yeah, I read the McPhee book when I was a kid. I thought, 'As hard as he trained, I'm gonna train harder'."

John nodded.

"Boy, that's just great, Chuck," Cassidy told him. "We're actually more interested in hearing about Jeanne Gallagher."

Chuck shook his head. "I told you already. We had words."

"She was raped by a basketball player two months ago after a postseason party," John told him.

Chuck shook his head. "I'm not surprised. That was one hell of an ugly party, but let me tell you, it was before we knew each other."

Cassidy raised an eyebrow. "Really? Are you sure that's not what you were arguing about the other night?"

"Yes, I'm sure," Chuck told them.

"You're sure it wasn't, 'Yo, bitch, drop a dime on me and I'm gonna kill you, yo'?" Cassidy asked.

Chuck chuckled, looking at John. "Where does he get this stuff?"

John shook his head. "He's got a fertile imagination. So, you and Jeanne studied French literature?"

"Yeah," Chuck answered. "Why?"

"Well, I mean, 'Communications', 'Basics of Broadcasting', but Rimbaud?" John asked.

Chuck shrugged. "Sure. I know that... 'First Blood' speaks to the existential angst of being jerked around, by forces beyond your control."

Cassidy frowned.

John tilted his head, looking slightly impressed, looking at Cassidy.

"What?" Cassidy whispered.

~~~~

Room

John and Cassidy walked out of the interrogation room, closing the door.

"What did he say?" Cassidy asked.

John looked at him. "What a wonderful job he thinks the police are doing. He's not our doer."

~~~~

St. Raymond's University - Professor James Rousseau's Office

Frank and Olivia were talking to James.

James was sitting behind his desk. "In three years, Chuck Mosley's going to have a shoe named after him. The highest form of praise in American society."

"Well, what about his work in class?" Olivia asked.

A woman was sitting behind them on a computer, looking at them. "The last two books I needed for this class, Mosley had already checked them out."

"All the more exemplary in comparison to your typical player who expects to be handed his C.P.A," James told them. "On the same platter as the fancy car and million dollar deal."

"What kind of relationship did Jeanne have with Mosley?" Olivia asked.

James shook his head. "I don't know that he had one of any kind."

"Any other basketball players in your class who weren't quite so 'exemplary'?" Frank asked.

"You mean someone white, smug, stupid, drunk half the time?" James asked, raising an eyebrow. "A selfish player on and off the court?"

Frank looked at Olivia in amusement, looking at James. "Someone like Riley Couger, you mean?"

~~~~

Court

Frank and Olivia walked toward Riley, who was playing basketball.

Frank whistled. "Riley, you got away with one before. Want to give us your side?"

Riley threw the ball. "If I knew what you were talking about, I might."

"Yeah?" Olivia asked. "How about the rape of Jeanne Gallagher?"

There was a whistle.

"I did not rape Jeanne Gallagher," Riley told them, catching the ball.

"All right," Frank told him. "Why don't we talk about Wednesday night?" He grabbed the ball from Riley's hands. "Remember that far back?"

Riley nodded. "Yeah. But that thing that happened to her, that was terrible, but I had nothing to do with it."

"A 'thing' didn't 'happen' to her, Riley," Frank told him. "Someone dragged her into the bushes, raped her and bashed her head in with a rock. Those are actions."

Riley frowned. "You're coming to me 'cause you think I raped Jeanne spring quarter?"

"You bet we do," Olivia told him.

"I've got an alibi," Riley told them.

"What?" Frank asked.

"The campus police picked me up at a party that night, drunk," Riley told them. "Took me to their offices and I slept there all night."

~~~~

Police Department - 16th Precinct - Cragen's Office

Frank and Olivia walked in.

Frank knocked on the opened door. "More bad news out of St. Ray's."

"Let's hear," Cragen told them.

"Riley Couger supposedly raped Jeanne Gallagher two months ago," Olivia told him. "It was never reported but everyone seems to know about it."

"So use the rape suspicions to pin the murder on Couger," Cragen told them.

"Yeah, except he says he was in the custody of campus police the night in question," Frank told him.

"St. Ray's security obstructed a rape investigation?" Cragen asked.

"He offered up the alibi before we even asked him," Olivia told him.

"You know, when I was at St. Ray's, they wore satin shorts and canvas sneaks," Cragen told them. "The word 'dunk' hadn't been invented. Even if it had, wasn't one player on the team that could've touched the rim without a stepladder."

Frank looked at him in amusement. "Well times have changed, Jefe."

"Not that much," Cragen told him. "When the Dean of Science bought a brand new Mustang... the hottest car in the world in the fall of '64... some fool got smashed and decided he just had to take it for a spin."

"The dean's new car?" Olivia asked.

"Lost control on an icy road, hit another car, totaled both vehicles and broke the other driver's leg," Cragen told them.

"So, you've got a DUI, reckless endangerment and..." Olivia trailed off.

"And the campus police decided that the kid driving deserved another chance," Cragen told them. "'Youthful indiscretions', they said."

Frank smirked. "And that fool was you?"

Cragen smiled a small smile, standing up. "I was the schmoe with the broken leg." Frank nodded. "The driver was a jerk named Anthony Schlosser. He's a lackey now in the mayor's office and I would still like to wring his neck, plus take a shot at campus security."

~~~~

St. Raymond's University - Campus Safety And Security's Office

Cragen was talking to the security guard.

"Riley Couger said he was here the night Jeanne Gallagher was raped," Cragen told him.

The security guard sighed. "Yeah, it's right there."

"Yeah," Cragen told him. "The one in different colored ink and different handwriting. Where'd you get the blue star?"

"Bed Stuy," the security guard answered. "I headed a charity to build a decent gym. They cut the ribbon my 19th year on the beat."

"Well you don't really want to throw all that in the garbage with an accessory charge, do you?" Cragen asked. "That'd be a hell of a way to ruin a good career."

"Off the record?" the security guard asked.

"You know better than that," Cragen told him.

The security guard sighed. "Couger said the girl was mad at him. They broke up."

"And what?" Cragen asked.

"He told us she was good at using the system," the security guard told him. "You know... 'believe the victim', all that, even though it was your basic 'he said, she said'."

"So you covered his ass?"Cragen asked.

"A girl with a grudge can destroy a man, whether he did something or not," the security guard told him. "I have seen it happen."

"We are way past 'he said, she said', okay?" Cragen asked. "We are now looking at rape-murder."

The security guard hesitated. "He wasn't here. It was a mistake. I'm sorry."

"You should be," Cragen told him.

~~~~

Evening - Stabler House - Kitchen

Jessica and Kathy were making dinner together.

Kathleen pulled out salad from the fridge. "Salad."

Frank and Elliot walked into the kitchen, holding beers.

Daniel, Cassy, Dickie and Elizabeth were playing on the floor with toys.

"I can eat a whole steak now," Daniel told them.

Frank pointed at Daniel, looking at Elliot. "That's my kid."

Elliot chuckled.

Kathy chuckled. "You can eat a whole steak, little man?"

"I can eat a whole cow right now," Daniel told them.

"Me too," Dickie agreed.

Maureen walked down the stairs, into the kitchen, slowly into a stop.

Elliot looked over at her.

Maureen hesitated. She walked closer, looking at Jessica. "Hey, Aunt Jessie." She looked at Frank, kissing his cheek. "Hey, Uncle Frank."

"Hey, Maureen, where you been?" Frank asked.

"She's grounded," Elliot told him. "What are you doing out of your room?"

Maureen sighed. "Dad, I've been up there for days."

"I can count," Elliot told her. "You ready to talk?"

"There's nothing to talk about," Maureen told him.

"Fine," Elliot told her. "Back to your cell."

"I really can't believe you're doing this," Maureen told him.

"I can't believe you tried to sneak out of the house and then sneak back in at 2:30 in the morning," Elliot told her. Maureen looked at Frank, hoping her could help her. Elliot pointed at her. "And don't even try asking from your Uncle to help you."

Maureen shook her head, walking out of the kitchen.

Frank leaned against the counter, sighing.

Jessica looked at Kathy. "That went well."

Kathy nodded. "Mmmm."

~~~~

Day Four

Day - Office Of Medical Examiner - Morgue

Elizabeth was there, next to a body, about to cut it open.

Olivia and Frank opened the door.

"Hey," Olivia told her.

Frank whistled, catching Elizabeth's attention.

"Excuse me, I'm busy," Elizabeth told them.

"We just wanted to know where you were on the Gallagher girl," Olivia told her.

"I'm getting to it," Elizabeth told them.

"We got two suspects," Frank told her. "All we need is the DNA testing back."

Elizabeth placed a hand on her hip. "Half my staff is out with the flu. I missed Itzhak Perlman last night to prep the semen sample personally, but PCR takes at least a week."

"So, the Gallagher girl?" Olivia asked.

"I took a gander in the electron microscope," Elizabeth told them. "Your doer's sperm count is way, way low."

Frank pointed at Elizabeth, smiling a small smile. "That's beautiful, there's something."

"How soon can we have that back?" Olivia asked.

"Within an hour of getting your suspect's semen sample for comparison," Elizabeth told them.

Olivia looked at Frank. "Getting that shouldn't be difficult from a couple of horny college students."

Frank and Olivia looked at Elizabeth.

"Thanks," Frank told her.

"Great," Olivia told her. "Thank you. See you."

Frank and Olivia walked out, leaving.

~~~~

Police Department - 16th Precinct - Hallway

Reverend Al Sharpton, two of his men, Cragen and Father Abbot were together.

"What you're asking my students to do is considered a venal sin in the eyes of the church," Father Abbot told him.

"Well, is confession still Saturday at 5:00, Father?" Cragen asked. "I'm thinking they're gonna be out in plenty of time."

"I object to your flippancy, Captain," Reverend Al told him. "The police department must set the highest moral standards for our young people."

"Well, that would be great, but what we have to do, Reverend, is solve crimes," Cragen told him. "They're in here."

~~~~

Main Room

They walked into the room.

Chuck was sitting on a chair next to Abigail's desk, with Abigail, Elliot, Cassidy and John.

Riley was sitting on a chair next to Olivia's desk, with Olivia and Frank.

Father Abbot nodded. "Do as they ask."

Olivia looked at Abigail and the men. "All right. Let's get them going."

Cassidy was holding two cups. "All right. When you've produced the desired sample, wipe any excess spillage from the container--"

Cassidy handed the cups to Chuck and Riley.

Riley scoffed. "I can't do this."

Cassidy ignored him. "And seal the lid."

Frank tilted his head. "What, did you have a fight with your right hand? Sure you can."

John chuckled.

"Let's go," Cassidy told them, standing up.

Riley sighed, standing up, following him.

Chuck looked at the cup.

"If you want to refuse, Brother Mosley, I'll stand with you," Reverend Al told him.

Chuck looked at the cup, sighing, standing up.

~~~~

Hallway

Abigail leaded Chuck down the hall.

Chuck hesitated. "I can talk to you, right? No B.S.?"

Abigail nodded. "I'm all ears."

"Jeanne and I made love," Chuck told her.

"You were seen arguing with her, Chuck," Abigail told him. "What was that? Foreplay?"

"We argued later," Chuck answered. "Much later."

Abigail and Chuck stood walking, facing each other.

"Okay, so when did you make love?" Abigail asked.

"Early, before the party got started," Chuck answered. "We were just hanging out, all of a sudden she kisses me. And it's nice. She takes me by the hand and leads me--"

"So you're just giving me a heads up that you're gonna I.D. Positive on this test?" Abigail asked.

Chuck shook his head. "See, that's just it, I'm not."

Abigail frowned. "Why?"

"We used a condom," Chuck answered.

Abigail raised an eyebrow, looking to the side.

~~~~

~~~~

Supreme Court - Courtroom

The Judge looked at Monique. "I hope Mr. Ward is not going to be late for his own sentencing."

"The defendant was killed while in custody," Monique told him. "In the same manner as his victim."

"Then, this case is adjourned because it is unnecessary," the judge told them. "Next case."

Monique turned to the ADA. "Hey, can I ask your advice on a tough one?"

"What, the campus murder?" the ADA asked.

"Yeah, well, same vic, different crime," Monique told him. "It was a date rape... some arrogant jerk on the basketball team. The problem is, the girl's dead, and the rape was two months old, so any physical evidence is long gone."

The ADA shook his head. "That makes it tough."

Monique nodded. "Yeah. Without any physical evidence, is there any other way to bring charges against him?"

"Well, if anyone knows about it, the grand jury'll give us an 805 hearsay exception, I mean, provided that the person is credible enough," the ADA answered.

"Well how about a decorated ex-cop?" Monique asked. "Is that 'credible' enough for you?"

The ADA smiled. "Make him a reservation at Rikers."

Monique smiled.

~~~~

St. Raymond's University - Outside

Elliot and Abigail got out of Elliot's car, walking toward the university.

"Man, does this place bring back memories," Elliot told her.

Abigail frowned. "Why? You didn't go here."

"I didn't go anywhere, but it reminds me how badly I wanted to go to a four year school," Elliot told her.

Abigail chuckled. "What are you talking about? You went to Queens College."

"I commuted," Elliot told her, smiling. "New wife, new kid, took classes at night, but never lived in the dorm. That's what I wanted to do. I even knew where."

"Where?" Abigail asked.

"Are you ready for this?" Elliot asked.

Abigail smirked. "Yeah."

"Everglades University," Elliot answered.

"Everglades?" Abigail asked.

Elliot nodded. "Yeah. 'Playboy Magazine' rated universities by their 'sexual temperature', E.U. Always at the top of the list."

Abigail nodded. "Beautiful. I can see you had your priorities in order."

"Thanks," Elliot told her.

Abigail chuckled, patting his back.

~~~~

Professor James Rousseau's Office

Abigail and Elliot were talking to James.

"Who was in class the day after Jeanne was murdered?" Elliot asked.

"I don't take attendance," James told them. "Who are you looking for?"

"Well, can you take a guess?" Abigail asked, shrugging.

"If you name some names, I can tell you if they were there," James told them.

"Chuck Mosley," Elliot told him.

James nodded. "He was there. Chuck's not in trouble, is he?"

"Did you talk with him?" Elliot asked.

"Now that you mention it, he seemed distracted... as if he had a lot on his mind," James told them. "It was a day of tragedy. Most people looked pale, distracted... but I don't remember him making one comment that morning."

"Was that odd for Chuck?" Abigail asked.

James nodded. "Very odd. I just wrote it off as a hangover at the time. Is that helpful?"

Elliot stared at him for a moment. "Very helpful, Professor. Thank you. Detectives Russo and Benson will gonna be in touch with you."

~~~~

Street

Elliot, Frank, Olivia and Abigail were walking together, drinking coffee.

Frank tilted his head. "You don't say..."

"The first time we talked to the good professor, Chuck was an angel," Olivia told them.

"So, today he's a slacker with a hangover," Abigail told them. "He doesn't remember anybody who was in class until we bring him up."

Frank nodded. "And suddenly he remembers a lot of specifics."

"What do you think Rousseau's angle is?" Elliot asked.

Olivia shook her head. "I don't know, but he's definitely covering up for something."

Elliot nodded. "Mmmm."

"The guy keeps feeding us what we want to hear," Olivia told them.

They stopped walking.

Frank looked from Abigail and Olivia to Elliot. "Which version of Chuck do you believe? Star student or slacker?"

Olivia looked at the watch, tilting her head. "Let's see what the suspect's sperm count is, I think we'll have a better idea."

They walked away.

~~~~

Police Department - 16th Precinct - Main Room

Monique walked down the stairs, holding a file. "Uh, yeah, it looks like we got two healthy boys on our hands."

Cragen nodded. "Uhhuh."

"Couger and Mosley's 'little swimmers' are shipshape," Monique told them.

John took the file. "No kidding."

Monique smirked sarcastically. "Yeah, remember when, John?"

"I could say the same thing to you, babe," John told her.

Frank took the file from John, walking to his desk and Olivia's. "So Couger and Mosley are free to go?"

"Couger?" Cragen asked. Frank handed the file to Olivia, who was sitting on top of her desk. "Yeah, we got no real reason to hold him."

Olivia frowned. "Right. But Mosley?"

"He wasn't straight from the beginning about his relationship with Jeanne," Cragen told them. "Until we can confirm his alibi about where he was from midnight till class the next morning, I say we keep him."

Abigail walked closer. "His mother is on the way in."

~~~~

Interrogation Room

Cassidy and John were talking to Chuck's mother.

"He was home by 1:00," Mrs. Mosley told them. "He had to be, he had a class the next morning."

"Does he have a curfew?" Cassidy asked.

"Yes, he does," Mrs. Mosley answered. "I have always insisted that academics come first. When his work is done, and only when it's done, can he participate in extracurricular activities."

"Do you consider big time college basketball an 'extracurricular activity'?" Cassidy asked. "Are you serious?"

"My son has the potential to be much more than a basketball player," Mrs. Mosley told them.

"Your son is one of the best kids in the paint in the country," John told her. "If he went pro, he could make more money in one week than everybody in this building combined."

~~~~

Room

Cragen was looking through the window, knocking on it.

John walked toward the door, walking out, closing the door.

Cragen leaned on the window, crossing his arms over his chest, sighing.

John crossed his arms over his chest, leaning on the wall next to him. "Nothing we could do to Mosley could compare to the wrath of this woman."

"We got no sperm," Cragen told him. "His alibi is good. Let him go."

Cragen pushed himself off of the window, walking away.

John turned to the door.

~~~~

Day Five

Day - St. Raymond's University - Agatha House - Outside

Frank and Olivia walked out with Shelley, who was holding a box.

"Rousseau's class started out at first as a seminar on French lit," Shelley told them. "Great, 'Les Mis' for all. A few weeks in, Rousseau's eyeing Jeanne."

"'Eyeing' how?" Frank asked.

"You know, moony and sensitive," Shelley told them. "But she wasn't into it."

"Did she tell him?" Olivia asked.

"What?" Shelley asked. "'Don't look at me?' I mean, he wasn't leering, he was just... there's no law against looking, is there?"

"There is against stalking," Frank told her.

"I know," Shelley told them. "She told me that every time she went into the library, he'd be there. The bookstore, same thing."

"He'd claim he was an avid reader, am I right?" Olivia asked.

"Exactly," Shelley agreed. "I mean, the guy's a tenured professor." They reached to Shelley's car. Shelley scoffed. "They have to kill somebody to lose their job."

~~~~

Elsewhere

Frank and Olivia were talking to Father Abbot.

Father Abbot and Frank were sitting together.

Olivia stood next to Father Abbot.

"These situations often come down to the student's word against that of a well liked professor," Father Abbot told them.

"Well, sir, Ms. Gallagher is not speaking much these days," Frank told him.

"I've had several discussions with Henri, and we've agreed that he will modify his behavior accordingly," Father Abbot told them. "You see, in our world--"

"In our world, Father, 'behavior modification' means prison time," Olivia told him.

"For unwanted attention?" Father Abbot asked. "Please."

"Again, sir, we call it 'stalking'," Frank told him. "Legally, 'harassment two'. If we find priors, it goes up to 'menacing in the first degree'."

"Menace--Well, that's in the eye of the beholder, isn't it?" Father Abbot asked.

Olivia bend down to look at him better. "No, Father. It's in the eye of the District Attorney."

Frank and Olivia walked away, leaving.

Father Abbot watched them go.

~~~~

Police Department - 16th Precinct - Cragen's Room

The ADA Abbie was there.

Cragen was reading a file, sitting on his chair. "And then in 1976, Rousseau was accused of 'forcing himself' on a Sarah Lawrence girl during a bicentennial tequila bash. She'd passed out and then came to in his frat house on the receiving end of a forcible oral cop."

"And?" Abbie asked.

Cragen looked back at the file. "Well, the girl was given cab fare to Bronxville, while Rousseau's fraternity became known as 'I Atea Pi'. That's when the good fathers at St Raymond's took him on as a teaching assistant. Since then, the guy's racked up quite a string of 'maybes'."

Cragen closed the file.

"It's like a timeline in the history of sex crime legislation," Abbie told him. "What did they call it before we invented the terms 'date rape' and 'sexual harassment'?"

"'Boys will be boys'?" Cragen asked.

"Any arrests in all of this?" Abbie asked.

"You just say the magic word, counselor," Cragen told her.

"I need physical evidence on the murder," Abbie told him.

"We'll recanvass the crime scene," Cragen told her.

Abbie nodded. "Do that. Meanwhile, search his home and office."

Abbie moved away.

Cragen nodded, smiling a small amused smile. "I think I'm falling in love with you, Abbie."

~~~~

Elliot's Car

The car was parked outside the school.

Maureen was in the passenger seat.

Elliot was in the driver seat.

Maureen got out of the car, tagging on her backpack.

"Maureen," Elliot told her, getting out.

~~~~

Outside

"Wait a minute," Elliot told her.

"What?" Maureen asked.

"I don't know, whatever," Elliot told her.

Maureen scoffed. "'Whatever'? Is that your idea of an apology?"

Elliot smiled in amusement. "I'm not apologizing. But I'm not gonna stand here and have a cold war with someone that I love."

Maureen shook her head. "Daddy, I really didn't do anything. I promise."

Elliot nodded. "Okay, I believe you. You're innocent, but not about the lying part."

"I was just afraid," Maureen told him.

"So am I," Elliot told her. "Don't you understand? You're innocent, but the world, it's what I see day in and day out. You want to sneak out at night and have fun with your friends, I end up picking up your body parts in the middle of Jersey."

"Daddy," Maureen told him.

"Come here," Elliot told her.

Elliot and Maureen embraced.

"Daddy, I'm sorry," Maureen told him.

"Me, too," Elliot told her. The school bell rang. Elliot kissed Maureen's forehead. "I love you."

Maureen smiled. "I love you, too."

Maureen moved away, walking toward her friends.

~~~~

St. Raymond's University - St. Julian's Square

Frank and Olivia were standing in front of Jeanne's memorial.

"Just once, I'd like to see people take a little breather before they 'let the healing begin'," Frank told her. "'Enrolled in God's college, now we love you, Jeanne'? Please."

"Oh come on," Olivia told him. "It's a spontaneous outpouring of emotion by the students."

"All I'm saying is, if I die, the spot where I go down, make sure this never happens or I'm gonna haunt you the rest of your days," Frank told her.

Olivia nodded. "Noted. Okay, so where's Rousseau's office?"

Frank pointed his thumb to his right shoulder. "That way." He took off his sunglasses, walking toward the stairs. "But he'd walk by this way every day to get to his lecture halls."

Frank placed his hand on the stone railing.

"Familiarity," Olivia told him.

Frank looked at the railing, feeling on a cracked spot. "We had reddish fragments in the wound, right?"

Olivia walked closer. "Yeah, they never found the murder weapon, the rock or brick or whatever."

Frank nodded, looking around. He looked at Olivia. "Maybe it's the building."

Frank walked toward the gate, looking around.

Olivia followed. "The building?"

"Yeah," Frank answered. "He pushes her around." They stopped next to pair of stairs that lead up to a gate. Frank looked at Olivia. "Liv, victim or attacker?"

"Attacker," Olivia answered. "So what?" She placed her hands on Frank's arms, pulling him to the wall behind him. "He bashes her head into the wall like that?" She let go. Frank looked to the wall. "No, no, no, you meant he hit her over the head with the building. Gotcha."

Frank smirked. He pointed to where Jeanne's body was. "Except the body was found over there and we got no drag marks leading from that body. Forensics went over that area, but it's that... that's it."

Olivia looked at the stairs, turning to Frank. "Wait up, wait up, wait up. These stairs." She walked up the stairs, stopping in the middle. "What if... what if he pushed her? What if he pushes her down the stairs?" She walked down the stairs, standing next to Frank. Frank looked at the wall next to them, trailing his fingers on a broken brick. "This whole time we've been assuming that the rock hit her."

Frank looked at Olivia. "Maybe she hit the rock."

Olivia looked to the brick.

~~~~

Inside - Hallway

Frank and Olivia were talking to the woman that was in James' office when they talked to him in the first time. Becky Underwood.

"Any notes he sent to Jeanne, or comments he may have written on her papers that weren't about structure or theme?" Frank asked.

"I handle the papers and the grading," Becky told them.

"Any conferences scheduled for after office hours?" Frank asked.

They stopped next to James' office.

"He keeps his own schedule," Becky told them, opening the door.

~~~~

Professor James Rousseau's Office

They walked in.

"Becky, listen to me, we're not here to bust you for padding his gradebook," Olivia told her. "Rousseau had his favorites--all teachers do. But in this case, if you don't help us, there's gonna be another Jeanne Gallagher."

Frank reached to Becky's desk, grabbing a notebook.

Becky sighed. "Well, that's his schedule."

"Yes, it is," Frank said, reading through it. "29th... Political science at 10:20, lunch at the Sprout Fact--165th to Reservoir? What's that mean?"

"That's a jogging path," Becky answered.

"He a jogger?" Frank asked. Becky shook her head in confusion. "What's he doing in a political science class?"

"It's not him... it's her," Becky answered.

Olivia shook her head slightly. "This is Jeanne's schedule. His schedule was her schedule. Where is he now?"

"He has class in 20 minutes in the quad," Becky answered. "He prides himself on punctuality."

"I bet he does," Olivia told her, turning to leave.

Frank closed the notebook, taking it with him.

Olivia and Frank walked out.

~~~~

Outside

James was sitting with a group of students, speaking in French.

Olivia and Frank walked closer.

Olivia smiled a small smile. "'Flowers of Evil', how appropriate."

James nodded, impressed. "Very good. Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of a lecture, but perhaps we can exchange Baudelaire bon mots after class."

Frank and Olivia exchanged a look.

"Why don't you let 'er rip now?" Frank asked. "Class is dismissed."

Olivia pulled out pair of handcuffs. "Henri Rousseau, you are under arrest for the rape and murder of Jeanne Gallagher."

Olivia and Frank pulled James up to his feet.

Olivia handcuffed him.

The students watched in shock, gasping.

~~~~

Police Department - 16th Precinct - Interrogation Room

Abbie, Olivia, Frank, Cragen and James' lawyer were there with James.

Abbie was sitting in front of James. "Could you roll up your sleeve, please?"

James wasn't listening, blinking. He looked at her. "I'm sorry, what?"

"Could you roll up you sleeve, please?" Abbie asked.

James looked at his lawyer, who nodded.

"It's kind of like a bad French film noir, isn't it?" Olivia asked. "All these cops around in a circle, some silent, some leaning in with cynical quips?"

James nodded slightly. "Sort of."

"So is what you did to Jeanne Gallagher," Frank told him. "Raping her, throwing her down the steps to shut her up?"

James stared at him, shaking his head. "That's not it."

"Well, then, enlighten us, please," Cragen told him.

"I didn't rape her," James told them.

"You raped her, then you pushed her," Frank told him, walking around. "Her head hit the stone steps." He stood next to James, leaning over. "Your semen sample's back at the lab awaiting your blood, and when they match, you're gonna stand trial for rapehomicide."

"Come on, sir, you're badgering my client," James' lawyer told him.

Frank looked at him. "It's Detective, not 'sir', and we're not in court, counselor, we're in my house. Why don't you save your lawyering for somebody who gives a damn?"

"I didn't kill her," James told them.

Frank looked at him. "You panicked. You thought if you could just drag her body into the bushes, no one would notice for a while. It'll give you time to clean up."

James shook his head. "No."

"No?" Olivia asked. "Maybe you figured it'd look like a stranger dragged her into the bushes?"

"No," James told them. He had tears in his eyes. "I didn't. She was already dead."

Abbie frowned. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, she fell," James told them. "I was watching them."

"Who?" Olivia asked.

"The two of them," James told them. "Mosley... they were like animals, like weasels." Frank walked around, standing next to Cragen. "Then he left her. I waited some more... Iooked through the window while she partied. Finally, she came out. The top step, she... lost her footing, laughed, the way she always laughed. Then she fell off her shoe and down she went. I went to her... touched..."

"Did you feel for a pulse?" Abbie asked.

James didn't answer.

"Or something else?" Frank asked.

James looked at him. He looked away. "I could tell she was dead, so I... carried her into the garden."

"Why?" Abbie asked. James didn't answer. Abbie repeated louder. "Why?"

James looked at her for a moment. "So I could make love to her."

Abbie sighed, looking up at Frank, Olivia and Cragen.

Cragen shook his head, walking out.

The lawyer looked at Abbie, Frank and Olivia. "Excuse us."

Abbie stood up, walking out.

~~~~

Room

Cragen turned to the window.

Frank and Olivia walked out from the interrogation room.

~~~~

Interrogation Room

Father Abbot was revealed to have been inside the room, sitting on a bench next to the door. He sighed softly, looking disappointed, standing up. "Well, I'll be leaving now." He walked closer to James. "May God have mercy on your soul, my son." He walked to the door, opening it. He turned to James. "But you should also realize that you're responsible for your own legal fees."

"I make my confession to God," James told him.

Father Abbot nodded. "Make your peace with Him, then."

Father Abbot walked out, leaving.

~~~~

Room

James' lawyer turned to Abbie. "If you drop the homicide, I'll ask Dr. Rousseau to plead to sex with a deceased person."

"Absent a witness?" Cragen asked.

Abbie glanced over at Cragen. "Who saw him push her?"

"Do we have a deal?" the lawyer asked.

Abbie looked at him. "Yeah."

"Class-A misdemeanors, one year, probably suspended, with a recommendation for counseling," the lawyer told them.

Abbie looked at him in annoyance, walking back into the interrogation room

~~~~

Interrogation Room

Abbie looked at James. "Before your lawyer bails on you, you should ask him what three, not one, class-A felonies amount to."

"Three?" James asked.

"We've also got you on obstruction and disturbing a crime scene, these carry one year each, and you will, believe me, serve them consecutively," Abbie told him.

Abbie walked out, leaving.

The lawyer sighed, looking at James, walking out.

~~~~

Mosley House - Living Room

Mrs. Mosley leaded Cassidy and John inside. "Charles, it's 'Mutt and Jeff'."

Cassidy pointed at John. "Which one's 'Mutt'?"

"Did you come to help us pack?" Mrs. Mosley asked.

"If you like," John answered. "I've moved dozens of times... divorce, creditors, rent hikes, I know what it's like."

Cassidy chuckled, holding a ball.

"And what are you laughing at?" Mrs. Mosley asked.

"Nothing, ma'am," Cassidy answered, bouncing the ball.

"We don't bounce balls in the house," Mrs. Mosley told him.

Chuck walked in.

John placed a hand on Chuck's shoulder. "Hey, how's it going?"

"Other than that Nuggets scout not returning my call, and the Mike Lupicawannabe in the news calling me 'Problem Child 4', everything's great," Chuck told them.

"There's always the Knicks," John told him.

"Yeah," Cassidy agreed. "What the hell?"

Mrs. Mosley gave him a look. "Watch your mouth."

"So?" Chuck asked.

"I heard you're going to Tulane," John told him.

Chuck walked into his room. "Where'd you hear that?"

"That's what I do, Mosley, I ferret out information," John told him. "Plus, I'm a fan."

Chuck walked out of his room, carrying a pair of shoes. "Of Tulane?"

"Yeah, last year's sleeper in a round of sleepers," John told him. "They're good on the break, they need help on the wing. But I'm talking about you. I'm a fan of yours."

"Well, in another year, you can, uh, cheer for me again," Chuck told him, placing the shoes inside a box.

"You know, you handled yourself like a real man throughout all of this," John told him. "For whatever embarrassment or discomfort it's caused you, you know, having to wear the red jersey and move out of town, I apologize on behalf of my people."

John held his hand out.

Chuck scoffed. "You're a weird cat, Munch, but you're cool."

Chuck and John shook hands.

"Thanks," John told him. He walked toward the door. Cassidy held the ball toward Chuck. Chuck took it with a nod. Cassidy walked toward John. John looked at Chuck. "Oh, yeah, Riley Couger?"

Chuck shook his head. "Bastard. Gets away with rape and I lose a year of eligibility."

"He doesn't get away with anything," John told him. "The grand jury's got enough to indict him. Believe me, what goes around comes around."

Chuck shook his head. "No, it doesn't."

John sighed softly.

Cassidy and John walked out, leaving.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

19K 198 7
joseph quinn
74.6K 1K 42
My one shot book of the cast and characters of the 2017 IT . **>Currently Under Editing<** Currently taking requests also :) It includes many , m...
2.2M 32.6K 200
@jackgilinsky liked your photo @jackgilinsky started following you + lowercase intended all my own work highest rank: 1 in fanfiction copyright ©...
5.3M 194K 101
Isabella needs a huge sum of money for her aged grandmother's surgery. She has nowhere to go for help and she decides to seek help from her Billionai...