Into The Shadows • Shadowhunt...

Por taylaxauffray

Allison Wayland, twin sister of Jace Wayland, is thrown into the "mundane" Clary Fray's journey of self-disco... Más

• Chapter One •
• Chapter Two •
• Chapter Three •
• Chapter Four •
• Chapter Five •
• Chapter Six •
• Chapter Seven •
• Chapter Eight •
• Chapter Nine •
• Chapter Ten •
• Chapter Eleven •
• Chapter Twelve •
Cast

• Chapter Thirteen •

3K 30 17
Por taylaxauffray

"How could I not know?" Jace said as he slammed his hands down. Clary watched the angered blonde from her spot on her bed. "I spent my whole life not knowing who I was but the one thing I know for sure is that you are not a bad person. You're not Valentine." She said softly.

"I should have killed him." He muttered through gritted teeth. "And yet, I can't shake the feeling that he was right."

"Jace, Valentine is mine and Allison's father too." The red head walked up to him. "We are the same."

"No we are not, Clary!" Jace snapped as he faced her. "Jocelyn raised you, Allison and I were raised by Valentine and a pair of baby booties and a rattle aren't going to change that!"

"Stop!" Clary glared at him. "I can't even begin to explain what happened but our Mom can. We are so close to waking her up." She watched him pinch the bridge of his nose with a heavy sigh. "If you want answers as badly as I do, we have to go back to Hotel Dumort and talk to Camille."

"Fine." Jace replied. "Where's Simon?"

The sibling ran out into HQ and saw the vampire heading towards the door.

Clary ran up, trying to catch up to him. "Simon, wait!" She called and the boy turned to face her.

"What's going on?" He asked while looking at the blonde and red head.

"I need your help." Jace said causing the vampire to frown before he turned to Clary.

"The Book of the White. It contains the spells that can wake my Mom but it was hidden so Valentine couldn't find it." The red head explained.

"We have a lead." Jace looked at Simon as Clary held up the bookmark.

Simon frowned at it before looking at his best friend. "The bookmark of the White?"

"It's the piece of the book itself. Magnus tracked its owner to Hotel Dumort but it belongs to Camille." Clary said.

"Okay, um..." Simon cleared his throat before nodding. "I'll set a meeting with Raphael."

"Thank you." Clary gave him a small smile and watched him leave before she turned to Jace.

Alec sighed as he walked up to his mother. "Have you spoken to Lydia? No one has seen her since the wedding."

Maryse remained silent which caused Robert to look over at the two. Alec frowned. "Mom, come on..."

"Maryse." Robert said softly as he walked up to the two.

"Mom, I understand that you're upset but this is--"

Maryse put her tablet down and cut off her son. "You've embarrassed all of us."

Alec stood straighter at this. "Why?" He asked. "Because Allison isn't your ideal choice?"

"It's the fact that you chose her." Maryse answered causing the raven haired male to glare at his mother. "She is your adoptive daughter. I care about Allison and if you both have a problem with that," He looked between her and Robert. "I suggest you get over it."

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go and find Lydia." He said.

Maryse turned to her son. "She's probably packing for Idris in your father's office. What she did--"

"Saved my life." The raven haired boy cut her off. "So I should go thank her." He said leaving HQ.

He walked into the hallway where he found Allison pacing. She turned hearing Alec behind her and gave him a small smile. "How'd it go?" She asked.

"It didn't." Alec sighed as he leaned against the wall. "I've never seen my Mom so angry." He replied.

The blonde girl stepped forward, stroking his cheek lightly. "Give her some time." She said softly.

Alec nodded before they walked together. "I doubt it though." He muttered.

"Don't. Your Mom loves you, Alec." Allison said, stopping him and looking him in the eye. "Do you regret it?" She asked slowly.

Alec looked at her in shock. "What? No, of course not." He replied. "I don't regret us for a second." He said, before leaning forward, pecking her lips gently which caused the blonde to smile and sigh in relief.

"I just want to make sure that Lydia is okay. I'm going to check on her." Alec said before sighing softly. I owe her so much."

Allison shook her head with a soft smile." No, we owe her so much." She corrected the hazel eyed male.

"We're both kind of new to this so we can take things slow. Let's start with that date you owe me." She said with a playful smirk causing Alec to smile with nod.

"Yeah, let's do that." He agreed.

The couple both walked towards Robert's office and entered to find Lydia, lying unconscious on a pile of wood from the coffee table that she was flung into.

"Lydia!" Alec called to her as he ran inside, trying to wake her.

Allison stopped at her side, pressing two fingers to her neck, checking for a pulse. She looked at Alec and nodded, indicating that the unconscious blonde was still alive.

Alec took hold of Lydia's arm, taking his stele out and running it over her Iratze rune.

He glanced at Allison and nodded at her. "Go get help." He said and the blonde got to her feet, exiting the office while Alec stayed with Lydia.

He saw her eyes flutter open. "You're going to be okay." He reassured her.

"Hodge..." Lydia got out as she looked at the raven haired boy, Alec frowning in confusion.

An hour later, both Alec and Allison returned to HQ walking over to the group who stood behind Isabelle, who sat at a desk checking security footage.

"How's Lydia?" Clary asked the couple.

"Better." Alec replied coming to a stop next to his Parabatai.

"Magnus is with her. He's doing all he can to help her but it's bad." Allison added standing beside him. "And the Cup is definitely missing."

"So is Hodge." Jace said.

"Maybe he was attacked too." Isabelle responded pulling up footage and playing it.

"Maybe he was the one who attacked her." Clary said leaning forward.

"Hodge? There's no way." Aaliyah shook her head.

"We've known him our entire lives, he'd never do that to us." Isabelle nodded, agreeing with her twin while watching the screen intently.

She skipped a few minutes ahead and came to the footage of Lydia being hit and flung into the table. She zoomed in only to find that it was in fact Hodge who was behind it.

The group watched with widened eyes as they saw him pick up the Mortal Cup.

"We treated him like family." Alec said, clearly angered by this revelation. "How could he do this to us?"

"That's how..." Aaliyah said softly while Isabelle pulled up another camera's footage, this time of Hodge with Jocelyn.

The notice Hodge place something on his finger.

Allison narrowed her eyes and leaned closer. "Wait, wait. What's that ring?" She pointed.

"I don't know." Isabelle replied. "But it looks like he's talking to someone."

"I can bet who it is." Jace formed his fists.

"Valentine." Allison muttered with distaste.

The group watched how his punishment rune disappeared.

"Well, that explains how he got rid of the punishment rune." Alec folded his arms. "But it doesn't explain where he got the ring.

"Could someone have smuggled it across the wards?" Clary asked.

"Maybe." Jace responded. "Hodge wasn't the only ex-Circle member around here." He said as he looked to Alec.

"Okay, look," Isabelle turned in her seat to face Jace. "I know I don't always see eye to eye with my parents but I know that they're not traitors." She said.

"Really? Didn't you just agree with Aaliyah when she said that about Hodge?" The blonde male arched an eyebrow at the eldest Lightwood twin.

"It had to be someone we trusted but if there was an intruder inside the Institute, we would have found them by now." Jace continued while staring at the screen.

"What about the Forsaken attack?" Clary asked.

"No." Alec said immediately. "We killed that thing and I didn't see a ring."

"It didn't have one during the autopsy but maybe there's something in the footage." Isabelle said as she pulled the footage up from the Forsaken attack.

The group watched and couldn't see a thing. "Go to the other camera." Alec instructed his sister.

Watching from the other camera's view, they saw Hodge kneeling over the Forsaken and pulling out the ring.

"There." Jace said folding his arms.

"So it wasn't a random attack." Clary looked at the group.

"The Forsaken was just the delivery boy." Allison stated.

"If he gives that Cup to Valentine, he'll create an army of Shadowhunters. With that kind of power behind him, he will kill thousands." Alec said, stared at the screen.

"He'll kill thousands just by creating the army." Aaliyah folded her arms. "Most mundanes won't survive that."

"We won't let that happen." Clary said.

"I'll make sure of it." Jace gritted before walking off.

Later that evening, Jace grabbed a sword from the weapons vault along with Alec's bow. He placed the bow on the table in front of the raven haired male who was putting on his fingerless gloves.

"Jace, what are you doing?" Allison asked as she stepped into the room.

"Every second we waste here, Hodge gets closer to Valentine." Her brother answered, running his fingers across the blade of his sword.

"Well, dumbass, we're a team!" Allison glared at her twin. "I know you're mad but Hodge could be dangerous."

Jace looked at his sister. "There's two of us and one of him. Check the math, pretty sure that he's outnumbered."

"Okay, Jace what is with you?" The blonde girl glared.

"Lydia, Hodge, all this is happening because I didn't stop Valentine!" He snapped.

"You cannot let your emotions cloud your judgement. Your words remember?" She gave him a look, Alec staring between the siblings.

"You and the others need to wake Jocelyn up. If anyone can try and stop Valentine, she can. She was his prisoner and wife." The blonde male said.

"Jace, stop! I'm worried about you." Allison looked at him worriedly. "You can't let Valentine mess with your head."

"He's my father." Jace replied causing Allison to take a step forward.

"Our father." She corrected.

Jace stared at his twin sister before walking out of the room.

The blonde girl watched his retreating figure before turning to Alec, who slung his bow over his shoulder and picked up his seraph blade.

She sighed softly and walked up to him. "You two better come back to me... Please..." She whispered.

"We will." Alec replied and kissed her softly. "I promise." He squeezed her hand gently before he left after his best friend, Allison watching with worry.

"Jace." Alec called, catching up to the blonde. "How are we going to find Hodge? He didn't leave anything behind for us to track." He said.

Jace was already dialling a number before he turned to his Parabatai. "There's more than one way to track." He said before speaking to the person on the other side.

"For Shadowhunters, you four don't seem be doing a lot of Shadowhunting." Raphael said, walking up to the four girls that have entered.

"There's more to the job than killing demons." Isabelle replied with a glare.

"We need to talk to Camille." Allison folded her arms. "We know you have her here, we tracked her."

Raphael shrugged. "True. But I'm afraid she's a bit tied up at the moment." He looked at the blonde before turning his gaze to the rest of the girls. "Is there something I can help you ladies with?"

"Just a second." Simon said to the four Shadowhunters before stepping aside with Raphael. "I know this sounds crazy but we have to let them talk to Camille." He said which earned him a glare from the Latino vampire.

"She has a spellbook that can help wake up Jocelyn Fairchild." Simon continued.

The new vampire leader clenched his jaw while Simon continued to speak. "Valentine might have the Cup. The entire Downworld is in danger--"

"She is far too dangerous." Raphael cut the dark haired boy off. "Or did you forget about the last time you talked to her?"

"It's not like she can kill me again." Simon replied. "You said it yourself, if Valentine has the Cup, the entire Downworld is in danger. Camille will just make things worse." Raphael said and turned back to the Shadowhunters.

"I'll bring you what's left of Camille's things but speaking to her is out of the question." Raphael announced which made the girls turned to the Latino.

"Her things? This isn't the kind of book she'd leave lying around." Aaliyah folded her arms, Raphael smirking slightly at the short girl with amusement before he spoke to the group again.

"I'm sorry. That's the best I can do." He said.

"We are supposed to be allies." Clary stepped forward.

"And we are." The vampire answered. "But Shadowhunters have no business interfering the Night Children's affairs. You may look to The Clave for justice but the vampires look to me." Raphael glared at the red head in front of him. "Camille stays where she is."

"You are making a huge mistake." Clary responded.

Growling was heard while he was walking causing Hodge to immediately take cover, hiding behind a wall.

He saw a wolf standing nearby and watched as it howled before running off. He soon heard multiple howls in return, indicating that there was more than one werewolf.

As he was about to walk, he was grabbed and slammed roughly up against the wall only to see Jace.

"Where is it?" The blonde demanded.

"Jace." The man breathed. "I'm afraid you're too late..." He looked to the ground. "Valentine already has the Cup."

Jace was now caught of guard which gave Hodge the chance to push him off and the two began fighting. Hodge grabbed Jace's jacket but the eldest Wayland twin flipped himself over, getting behind the man and kicked him back into the wall which cracked from the impact.

"How could you?!" Jace yelled as they began to circle each other.

"It was the only way for my freedom. I've been caged long enough." Hodge responded.

"Caged?" Jace repeated. "You were a teacher. We treated you like family, we loved you!"

"Family?" Hodge repeated Jace's words and threw his hands in the air. "Family! The Lightwoods cut a deal, Jace, to have me punished for crimes that they, themselves have committed." Hodge continued as both of them circled on another.

"I was a prisoner! Besides, let's be real for a moment." The man paused in step. "You can't win. I taught you everything you know." Hodge said while bringing out his blades.

Jace immediately brought out a double bladed seraph blade. "Not everything, Hodge." The blonde said and the two fought once more.

Jace making blows and Hodge deflecting. While Hodge blocked Jace's blade with his own, the blonde boy saw an opening. Hodge left his sides defenseless and Jace moved quickly to hit him there, causing Hodge to grunt in pain and fall to his knee.

Jace swung his blade and Hodge dodged it only to be kicked. Their blades clashed against each other before Hodge kicked it, now fighting hand to hand although Hodge still had hold of one of his blades. The man kept getting hit by the blonde boy before being flung into the air.

Jace quickly took hold of his seraph blade and went after Hodge while he remained with one of his two blades. Blades clashed once more before Jace kicked Hodge, making him unstable on his feet. The blonde quickly threw a punch before kicking him to the ground.

Jace then stood above him, Hodge raising his blade to block Jace's oncoming swing. But Hodge was too slow, Jace's blade cutting his hand clean off which caused him to yell in excruciating pain.

Hodge looked up at Jace who raised his sword once more only to be tackled down by Alec.

"It's over!" Alec yelled as he pinned his best friend down to the ground.

"It's not over! He's a traitor! He deserves to pay!" Jace said, looking at Hodge who was being seen to by Luke.

"You nearly killed him." The raven haired male said, glancing over at their instructor.

"Maybe I should have!" Jace yelled. "He sided with Valentine, Alec. The Clave let him go once before and look where that got us." He tried to pry Alec off of him.

"And what are you going to do?" Alec questioned, keeping a strong hold. "You going to kill every single ex-Circle member, including our parents?" He asked before Jace gripped the sleeve of his jacket.

"Robert and Maryse are not my parents." The blonde replied.

"You said it yourself. They raised you, they are yours and Allison's parents." Alec said as he felt Jace give up with struggling againt him. "Just calm down." The raven haired male patted his best friend's chest, standing to his feet while Jace lied on the ground.

Alec made his way over to Hodge and Luke, crouching down beside Hodge and taking out his stele. He ran it over Hodge's Iratze rune, causing an ear piercing scream to escape from Hodge.

Jace looked at the three, seeing Hodge clutching his arm before turning to his side and seeing the decapitated hand next to him.

Jace saw the ring and took it off before standing up. He put it on while walking a distance away, back facing Alec, Hodge and Luke. He twisted the ring on his finger and Valentine's hologram appeared.

"It's good to see you, Jonathan. I've been expecting you." Valentine said to the boy. "I knew you'd find Starkweather. I've trained you well." He smirked.

"You don't know me." Jace shook his head with a glare.

"I raised you. We're not so different, you and I." The hologram watched the blonde grit his teeth.

"Hodge had it coming." Jace muttered. "You kill innocent people, I don't do that."

"Not yet." Valentine said. "It's only a matter of time." He smirked at a glaring Jace. "The Clave has failed us, failed humanity but you knew that as well as I did." He paused with a smile before he continued. "Every day the demons get stronger and soon there won't be enough Shadowhunters to fight back. The Cup can change that."

"The Cup destroys more than itt creates." Jace folded his arms.

"Our job is to protect mundanes not to kill them." Valentine tilted his head to the side slightly. "Losses are exceptable when the alternative is extension." He replied nonchalantly.

"Come with me. Together we can use the Mortal Cup to save the world." Valentine looked at Jace who nodded.

"Oh, I am coming for you." He said while beginning to remove the ring. "We have unfinished business."

"So these are all of Camille's things?" Isabelle asked, looking through the various items.

"All I could find but she has hideouts all over the city." He watched the raven haired girl pick up one of the items.

"Interesting." She muttered.

"I thought you were looking for a spell book." The Latino folded his arms.

"We are." Isabelle replied while Raphael took a step forward.

"We? Where are your friends?" He asked before gritting his teeth.

"Did you really think that this stall tactic would work?" He asked, circling around her.

"No." The girl said. "But I thought this would." She cracked her whip, flinging it to catch the vampire only for him to disappear.

Raphael chuckled amusingly. "Typical Shadowhunter. Always underestimating a vampire." He smirked as Isabelle flung her whip towards him, missing him once more.

"What took you so long?" Allison asked as she and Aaliyah leaned against their respective caskets they had used to sneak into the basement of Hotel Dumort, while Simon wheeled in the casket which had Clary inside.

"I got caught up." He said before helping Clary out.

"Besides by the time that vampire calls Raphael, we'll be long gone." Clary added causing the blonde to roll her eyes.

"Whatever. Let's just get this over with." She said as she pushed herself off and walked towards Camille's casket which was chained up with a small Crucifix attached to it.

"Vampire, if you will?" She gestured to Simon who cut the chains off.

She and Aaliyah both held their weapons with a tight grip, while Clary stepped forward and opened up the casket.

In it lied Camille. Clary looked at the vampire before turning to Simon. "She's dead." The boy gave her a look.

"What did you expect?" He asked.

Suddenly, Camille sat up and hissed only to have the Shadowhunters in the room to hold their weapons towards her.

"I don't think so, honey." Allison glared at the dark haired woman. "Where's the Book of the White?"

"The Book of the what?" Camille rolled at her eyes as he looked to the blonde.

"The Book of the White. Big white spell book. Kind of explains itself." Simon said causing Camille to look to him.

"Never heard of it." She said.

"Yeah? Well, we tracked it to you." Clary responded, blade held close to Camille's neck.

"Darling, what would I possibly want with a spell book?" The woman turned to the red head.

"Okay, I don't have time for this, shove the old hag inside." Allison rolled her eyes as Clary and Simon began pushing Camille back down.

"Wait! Okay, fine!" Camille stopped them. "You said it was a warlock book?" She asked as she sat back up.

"Yes." Clary responded. "I think my Mom gave it to you. She had an antique store. Vampires like that sort of stuff right?"

"If your mother was as half as charming as you I would think I'd remember her." The vampire threw a fake smile in the red head's direction.

"What about Dorothea Rollins? She was my mother's assistant." Clary asked.

"Dot? But of course." Camille smiled. "She was--"

"Excuse me, Ancient One, do you know where the book is or not?" Allison interrupted. Camille flashed her fangs at the blonde who smirk.

"Honey, I wouldn't threaten a Shadowhunter with a blade so close to my neck. It could just slip and its bye-bye Camille." Allison smirked. "Besides the dentures aren't exactly attractive."

Camille rolled her eyes before she answered. "It's at my apartment on the Upper East Side. I can take you there but you'll have to get me out of here first." Simon and the Shadowhunters glanced at one another. "Or you can leave me in here and never get the book. Totally up to you."

"I can't believe we are doing this." Allison muttered while walking ahead with Aaliyah. "I've got a very bad feeling."

"Going somewhere?" Raphael rounded the corner with vampires behind him as he glared at Camille.

The group came to a stop but the dark haired woman stepped forward with her own glare.

"Raphael." She bared her fangs, hissing.

The Latino looked towards to newly transformed vampire. "I'm disappointed in you." He said.

"I guess it's too late to put her back in the box." Simon stuttered, causing Camille to glare at him.

"Afraid so." Raphael said to Simon then looking at the Shadowhunters. "Our alliance is finished. The Accords may prohibit vampires from killing mundanes but they say nothing about sunburnt vampires." He said beginning to walk forward which caused the group to move backwards.

"Simon has betrayed us just as Camille did." He continued until they were backed up against a wall. "They deserve the same fate." Raphael said as his fangs extracted. "Adios." He smirked.

"Kill them!" He said, hissing along with the vampires behind him. The Shadowhunters gripped their weapons, ready for a fight as the vampires moved forward.

The crumbling of the wall caused the group to look over and Raphael to stop as the sun burned his skin.

"Seriously guys?" Isabelle stepped in, Raphael hissing and glaring at her as she stared back at him with a smirk, taking her place beside her sister. She sighed dramatically while looking the Latino vampire up and down.

"Typical vampire, always underestimating a Shadowhunter." She mocked him from earlier, causing him to hiss.

Isabelle waved at him, her smirk widening. "Adios." She said before turning and walking with the rest of the group, leaving Hotel Dumort.

"Where's the book?" Alec asked stepping into Magnus' apartment where he found the girls, Simon and Camille.

"It's complicated." Allison said as she met him halfway and hugged him.

"I have it." Camille looked at him.

"And she has graciously offered it in exchange for her freedom." Magnus added.

"We don't negotiate with prisoners." Alec looked at the dark haired woman.

"First of all, I beg to disagree." Camille said with a smirk. "You see, I'm your only chance at saving the world. You need me."

Allison smirked towards the warlock, who pointed to Camille before waving his index finger in circles at the side of his head.

"You certainly have a type, Blondie. He's cute." Camille smirked at the blue eyed girl. "I don't think it'll last."

The blonde Shadowhunter took a step forward, glaring at the vampire. "Say that again and I'll make sure that you don't last."

Alec brought the feiry blonde back to his side before looking at the group. "We found Hodge but Valentine has the Cup." He announced.

"What?" Clary stood up. "Where's Jace? Is he okay?"

"He went after Valentine himself." Alec's answer caused Allison to turn to him. "It's like he's totally lost it. I tried to stop him but he wouldn't listen." He sighed softly.

"We need to find Jace. He's in a dark place, who knows what he'll do." The red head said frantically.

"Stop." Alec looked at her. "Luke is out looking for him. Jace wants us to stay on mission and that means finding the book."

Camille had led them into her apartment on the Upper East Side, straight to the library.

"Wow, you've got a lot of books." Alec muttered, looking around.

"I've got a lot of time on my hands." The vampiress replied.

"This place is freaking me out." Aaliyah said softly.

"Let's search the perimeter." Alec instructed to his siblings, seeing Allison looking through the shelves for the Book of the White.

"I'll come too. Knowing Camille, she has a trick or three up her sleeve." Magnus said walking off first before the siblings parted ways.

"I don't get it. Why have this place if you live at Dumort?" Clary asked while she and Simon began helping the blonde Shadowhunter.

"The Dumort has too many rules." Camille answered as she walked over to Simon and poked his finger with a quill pen. "Come with me." She said leading the boy over to her desk.

Clary and Allison watched the two as the vampiress instructed Simon to sign her freedom, which he ended up doing.

"Alright, he signed your damn contract to give you your freedom. Now give us the book." The blonde glared.

Camille walked over to the book shelf and looked through it before facing the two Shadowhunters.

"I can't. I have no idea where it is." She shrugged her shoulders.

"But Dot gave it to you." Clary stepped forward which caused the woman to roll her eyes.

"I'm sure it's here somewhere. The idea was to hide it, telling me would defeat the purpose. Dot must have put it somewhere when I wasn't looking." The former vampire leader said.

"Great, this just turned into a scavenger hunt." Allison muttered.

"That's the spirit, Blondie." Camille smirked at her. "Although I'd start now because I have four more rooms just like this one."

A phone rang, causing Allison to take her from her pocket. She saw that Jace was calling and left the room to answer. "Jace, are you okay?" She asked.

"Ally, where are you?" She heard her brother ask.

"Camille's apartment on the Upper East Side, why?"

"Valentine is on his way, you all need to get out of there now."

"We are just about to find the book. What happened to staying on the mission?" Allison questioned but Jace's voice became urgent by the second.

"Ally, you need to leave right now!" The blonde sighed.

"We can't, not after coming this far." She said before hanging up.

Meanwhile, while Allison was on the call, Simon and Clary had found the Book of the White. She walked into the library only find the the red head holding it.

"You found it?" She asked.

"Yeah." Clary smiled.

"Good because we gotta leave. Valentine is on his way." The blonde said and turned to find Aaliyah standing at the door.

"He's already here." The younger Lightwood twin said.

As they stepped out of the library and into the hallway, a portal opened and Valentine stepped out along with three Circle members. He looked towards the red head.

"Clarissa, Allison. So good to see you two again." He walked closer. "Where's your brother?" He asked.

"Like I'd tell you." Allison glared taking out her seraph blade.

"You won't have to." Valentine replied but Simon ran forward with a growl.

"Stay away from them." But he was thrown to the ground and watched as Valentine brought his blade down.

The cracking of a whip sounded and Valentine found that he couldn't move his arm. He turned seeing the eldest Lightwood twin before grabbing her whip and flinging her to the floor.

He turned back to Simon, raising his sword only to have it blocked by the seraph blade of Allison and double bladed staff of Aaliyah.

"Stop! This time you're not getting away. " Jace ran in pointing his blade at Valentine.

The Circle members took this as an opening. Each of them grabbed hold of Isabelle, Aaliyah and Simon, seraph blades being placed against their necks.

Allison stared at her friends, gripping her blade tight that her knuckles where beginning to turn white while Valentine looked at Jace. "You're going to kill your own father? You've become the warrior I've trained you to be."

Jace gritted his teeth, glancing at the people who were being restrained with worry. He glared at Valentine. "You've trained me well."

"And yet I have so much to still teach you. There's a reason I brought you here, Jace. Fight me and watch everyone you love in this room die." Valentine said just as a restrained Alec and Magnus were brought in, seraph blade to the neck.

"Alec..." Allison whimpered, staring at the raven haired male in worry.

"I'm fine, Allison." Alec reassured her as he struggled against the Circle member.

Jace turned from Alec and back to Valentine as he continued. "You are strong but they make you weak." He glanced at Isabelle, Aaliyah and his twin who all stared right back at him.

"Let us go." Allison said. "You can have the book. We won't be able to stop you without it."

Valentine turned around and walked over to the blonde girl. "Allison, willing to do anything for the people you love." He continued. "I'm touched but that book," He pointed to the book in Clary's hands. "Was never part of my plan."

"I want you to wake up your mother. I know that you both will join me eventually. Just like your sister had." He smirked. "Isn't that right, Clarissa."

Everyone's gazes turned to the red head who smirked. "Of course, Daddy." She said, practically shoving the Book of the White at Allison before taking her place beside her father.

Valentine smiled and looked back to the blonde haired girl. "It's fated."

He then turned to Jace. "You ready?" He asked and Jace turned to look at everyone before he lowered his sword.

"If I go with you, promise me you won't hurt them." He said as he walked closer.

"You have my word." Valentine replied.

"This is insane!" Allison stared at her brother who looked at her with sad eyes.

"I'm sorry, Ally." The older twin said.

The younger twin shook her head with tears in her eyes. "Jace, you can't be serious! Valentine is manipulating you!" The elder twin shook his head, holding his own tears back. "You are not like him!"

"You don't know that, Al." Jace replied.

"Let them go." Valentine nodded at his Circle members who had let go of everyone.

Aaliyah and Allison stepped forward but Jace held his seraph blade out to them. "Get back!" He yelled and looked at Alec who also chanced it. "I mean it, Alec, stay back." He pointed at his Parabatai as well as Isabelle.

"Jace..." Allison had tears falling down her face as her brother stared at her blankly.

She ran forward as Valentine and Clary pulled him towards the portal only to be caught in Alec's arms as they stepped through.

Once the portal closed, Allison's scream echoed throughout the hallway as she dropped to her knees and cried.

Alec kneeled beside her, pulling her into his arms and held her close. The blonde Shadowhunter clutched onto the raven haired boy as she cried, staring at the last place she saw her twin brother before he disappeared...

About and hour later, back at the Institute, HQ was cleared out for Magnus to perform the spell to wake up Jocelyn. Everyone was present as the warlock began chanting, blue smoke hovering over the woman's body.

It wasn't long until her eyes fluttered open and Luke rushed over to her.

Allison stared at the ground the entire time with a blank expression. She bit her lip as tears began making their way down her cheeks.

Before she knew it, she was running, hearing Alec's voice call after her. She heard the sound of footsteps following her, knowing it was the raven haired boy.

She eventually found herself in Jace's room, standing in the middle of it. She sat down on the bed and broke down.

She felt the bed dip beside her, and Alec pulling her into his arms as she cried softly.

Meanwhile, Valentine stood on the deck of a cargo ship with Clary and Jace flanking him, while he held up the Mortal Cup.

"Join me, my son and my daughter. Pledge me your loyalty. Together," He continued, staring at the hundreds of mundanes aboard. "We can preserve our race and rid the world of the demons who plague it! You are the chosen ones, the new breed of Shadowhunters!"

Jace stood silently, and closed his eyes with a sigh. There's no turning back from what was about to come...

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

743 28 53
On her birthday, Clary Fray discovers a surprise concerning her life. The teenager is not who she thinks she is -- she comes from a long line of huma...
152K 4.7K 72
The greatest Shadowhunter of his generation is what they say about the legendary Jace Wayland. But, what you don't know, is that they also say the sa...
45.4K 880 54
"Family isn't just blood, Clary." _____________________________________ Following Jocelyn Fairchild's untimely death, Clary realizes she has no-one l...
2.7M 73.6K 187
The greatest Shadowhunter of his generation is what they say about the legendary Jace Wayland. But, what you don't know, is that they also say the sa...