Battle of Hearts

Od purplebeach

Ally Parker, soon to be senior, is your typical studious jock. She has got good grades and a few friends. She... Více

Battle of Hearts
Chapter 1- The Cheesy Punch
Chapter 2- Dorky Trouble
Chapter 3- Here we go again
Chapter 4- Chemistry over Pen
Chapter 5- Bittersweet & Cold Feelings
Chapter 6- The Epic Fall
Chapter 7- We Can't Stop Cruising
Chapter 8- Call of Dog Poop
Chapter 9- The Punching Bag Stories
Chapter 10- Surprises
Chapter 11- I doubt that.
Chapter 12- The Bad Move Part 1
Chapter 12- The Bad Move Part 2
Chapter 13- Guilty Displeasures
Chapter 14- No pranks
Chaper 15- Better than nothing- The Friendzone
Chapter 16- He's Just Not That Into You
Chapter 17- Dealing with Feelings
Chapter 18- Conversations with Kanye West
Chapter 20- New Friends.
Chapter 21- The Doubtful Door
Chapter 23- Restless Night
Chapter 24- A Happy Birthday Gift
Chapter 25- Cold Friendships
Chapter 26- The Best
Chapter 27-The Worst
Chapter 28- Sleep for Christmas
Chapter 29- Midnight Messages
Chapter 30- A Special Bond
Chapter 31- Losing Kiss Cam
Chapter 32- Change
Chapter 33- The New Girl
Chapter 34- Fear
Chapter 35- Truth or Truth
Chapter 36- Of Boozes and Broken Hearts
Chapter 37
Chapter 38- Caged Heart
Chapter 39- Choices
Chapter 40
Chapter 41- Californian Dream
Chapter 42- The Prom Day
Chapter 43- The Big Bump
Chapter 44- Something Great
Epilouge

Chapter 19 Between Girls

5.3K 265 5
Od purplebeach

Chapter 19- Between Girls

The minute Ally walked through the door of the teacher's staff room she couldn't have imagined ever that she was going to tutor Cameron's younger brother who wasn't very much like him. He wasn't beaming with confidence and a smirk that every boy of her grade wore, instead he looked as intimidated as every freshmen.

Callum was feeling as awkward as Ally as they walked into the hallway pertaining to their earlier encounter in his brother's room. She had a strange need to break the ice and talk to him so she started, "So... umm..." His head lifted in attention and she could see his expectant eyes.

"When do we start?" She said quickly each word.

"Ho- How about tomorrow?" He stuttered.

"Great. I'll come to your place. We can study alternate days." She announced halting in front of her locker.

"Okay. I'll see you." He nodded and slowly started walking away.

She was busy with shoving the books into her locker and getting ready for detention when someone tapped on her shoulder. She turned around to see Callum standing much calmly than before with a questioning look on his face.

"Are you my brother's ex girlfriend or something because then it would be really awkward?"

"Oh no, no. We're good friends, I'm sure he will not mind."

"Cool." He walked away yet again but with answers this time.

Detention was as boring as it could possibly get. A lame thirty something teacher was appointed to look after the class, but like her salary, she was sinking into the table as the one hour went on. The class was filled with all kinds of students doing whatever the hell that Ally was not interested in knowing. She passed her time sleeping in the corner seat for half an hour and the other half doing her pending work.

It finally came to an end and she found herself walking rapidly to the washroom. As soon as she opened the door, she wished she hadn't because there stood Rebecca looking at the mirror in her short blue cheerleading uniform. She looked sweaty coming from her cheerleading practice while she fixed her hair and face. Ally slowly walked to one of the cubicles but she could feel her scrutinizing eyes burning on her back.

She stayed there for longer time than required hoping Rebecca would go away. But she didn't. She had been there for ten minutes and she couldn't take the dirty smell of piss anymore so she finally went out. She went to the washing area to wash her hands; beside her Rebecca stood looking at her from the mirror. The few girls that were earlier present there had left and she was alone trying to avoid her constant looks.

"Stay away from him." Rebecca's voice shocked her and she almost froze at her warning having no idea whatsoever.

"Who?"

"Jake." She said blankly turning to look at her.

"But you two broke up right? So I don't think you have any right to say that." Ally said confidently she wasn't scared of Rebecca in any manner.

This angered her and she took a step forward with flaming eyes. "He still loves me." She fired back causing Ally to rethink her own words.

"I don't think so." She tried to maintain her composure; she couldn't afford to let Rebecca get to her nerves. With that she walked to the door but before she could open it Rebecca once again surprised her, "Stay away from him or bear the consequences." She said ever so slowly with an evil grin matching her eyes. Ally grunted a laugh at her futile attempt to scare her and stomped away with anger building up inside her.

She walked blindly to her car ignoring everything on the way, she was too angry and confused of what just happened. Rebecca and she were never really friends nor ever enemies. They just hadn't talked at all the whole high school years. But she was starting to see the reasons why people hated her. And it was out of her logic why Jake liked her in the first place.

Like? He was clearly in love with her. As much as she didn't want to admit it he was. She accepted it but she wouldn't let him get hurt again by that stupid girl. She would not back down just because of her lame warning. Rebecca had absolutely no right over him. And she would make him see that. But somewhere in her heart she knew she might just be third person between them and this scared her.

She slammed the car door and exhaled the breath she was holding. She calmed a little and turned on the engine. She backed out hastily; the car was feeling different. It was lower on the front side.

She quickly parked it again and came out to check the car. She looked to see both the front wheels deflated. The moment she saw it she knew it was none other than Rebecca's antics. She was serious when she said 'bear the consequences'. Although she was angry she wouldn't give up to that bitch. If she wanted her to fight, she will fight.

She dialed Cameron's number sitting on the hood of the car. They lived close by so it wouldn't be much of a problem for him to drop her on the way. "Hello?" He answered.

"Hi. Where are you?"

"At the gym. Why?"

"Umm... Can you please drop me home my tires are flat?"

"Sure. It would take fifteen minutes though. Can you wait?"

"Yeah. Meet me at the parking." They disconnected and she found herself busy doing everything on her phone. She read her old texts, played games and went to every social networking site twice.

After a long wait he came with Ryan and Luke beside him. He looked tired from the practice; he had just come out of a shower. "What took you so long?" she asked.

"He was taking a shower for you which he never does because he didn't want to smell bad." Luke said pointing at Cameron.

"What? I just want.... to stay clean, okay?" He said throwing his hands in the air. She looked at his adorable face; he was trying to reason things.

"Aww. It's okay Miller. I believe you." She mocked him. For a moment she forgot about everything that happened today.

"Who did this?" He asked abruptly snapping her back to reality.

"I think just some stupid kids." She lied. She didn't want them to find out and intervene in her situation with Rebecca. She would not involve boys between girls.

"Hmm. Probably. Let's go." He said moving forward to his car hurriedly leaving all of them behind. Obviously this didn't get unnoticed by Ryan who then commented, "See now he's in so much hurry to be with you he doesn't want to be with his friends." He wiped fake tears from his face to emphasize and show his horrible acting skills.

"Dude, shut up. It's not like that I just want to go home." He snapped and the lightness in the air was suddenly vanished. She could see he didn't really like Ryan's comment even if it was meant to be funny. Both boys closed their mouths not wanting to argue.

She said her goodbyes to both of them and slowly followed him. They hopped inside and he drove without a word. She could feel the tension surrounding them and she didn't like it. "You know... they were just messing with you." She said looking at him. His face was blank and he was staring at the road but when he felt her looking he relaxed a little.

"I know... But sometimes it's just too much."

"I'm sure they didn't mean any of it."

"Yeah." It was an extended 'yeah' because he was probably busy in his thoughts. They didn't talk for awhile and it was just music that filled his car. She reminisced the first time he had to drop her home and how much fun it was singing songs in his car. A smile crept on her face and she wished to lighten the mood.

"You know who will tutor this year?" She asked excitedly.

"Who?"

"You will not believe this. Your little brother Callum." She thought his reaction would be filled with joy and excitement. But what she got was confusing.

"What?!" His mouth fell open and he looked at her in shock for a full five seconds before focusing back on the road.

"Yes I'll teach him chemistry."

"Well... That's great. Great." He quickly masked his emotions with a fake smile on his face.

Too confused by his sudden change in emotions, she didn't realize they had reached until he said "We're here." His voice lacked any emotions and she looked at him with a question in her mind. She didn't understand what was wrong with him. He returned her stare with the same cold look till he finally looked away from her guessing eyes.

"Bye. And thanks." She said when she thought he won't ever tell her what was bothering him. He didn't even say goodbye instead as soon she was out he raced back to his house.

As if two confused people weren't enough she had another one to deal with. And she had a premonition it was going to be exhausting.

**

A/N: Hello Guys! I hope you really enjoyed that. Thank you so much for all the votes and comments. I cannot express how much happy they make me. It makes me feel like I'm doing something right. So keep them coming. I love to hear from you guys. And just a warning things are about to get ugly. See you later!

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

7.4M 205K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...
45.7K 1.9K 18
Falling for the façade... Harper Mitchell knows that professional success doesn't always come easy, and she's not afraid from all the back-breaking w...
189K 7.2K 40
Secrets come with a price. Asia Cassidy is about to learn that secrets aren't free (and are not that easy to keep either). Once you're in it, there...
5.1K 1.2K 13
සිතින් විතරක්, පෙම් කරමි මා අද... හිමි නොවන පෙම් සිත දිගේ... වේදනාවන් සිතේ සඟවන්... අත්හැරීමද ප්‍රේමයකි... ❤ මේ ඔහුගේ ඒකපාර්ශ්වික යැයි සිතූ සදාකා...