It takes two

由 Unknown_writer4268

When Joe signed up for Strictly, never expected to fall for Dianne. What more he didn't expect was the adorab... 更多

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty nine
Chapter thirty

Chapter twenty eight

1.1K 31 0
由 Unknown_writer4268

"Angel, I need to curl your hair please." Emelia was skipping around the spare room, too excited to sit still, as much as she needed to. Dianne sighed. "Please. I'll count down otherwise."

Emelia sighed, sitting down. "Okay. Are you going to do it all pretty? Like a princess?"

"I'll try my very best." Emelia nodded, Dianne curling the first strands of hair. "You excited, you get to wear your new dress."

That morning they had quickly popped out to Debenhams, choosing out both of their dresses. Dianne's was a black one with cap sleeves, coming down slightly longer at the back. Emelia's was a baby blue dress which had thin straps and a few layers of tulle, matching her eyes perfectly.

Around half way through Joe popped in, seeing two of his favourite girlies. "Hey girls, when am I getting my hair curled?"

Both girls laughed, Emelia in hysterics. "That's funny. Are you actually going to?"

"No angel, maybe one day though." Dianne scowled, causing Joe to hold his hands up in surrender mode. "Or not."

Dianne chuckled. "Anyway, What time do you think we should leave, just so we can pace ourselves?" Joe took a moment to think, sitting back down on the bed, tapping his chin.

"Maybe at quarter to seven, that way we would get there around ten past, earlier than most, avoid the flock of celebrities all at once." Dianne nodded, seeing his point while sectioning off her hair a bit more.

Twenty minutes later, Joe was in his bedroom doing up his tie. He had chosen a navy suit was a burgundy tie, a combination he went for quite regularly. While he was doing up his tie, he heard a knock on the door.

"Come in."

Emelia opened the door, looking around. "Oh hey angel, your hair looks very pretty. Did you say thank you to mummy?"

She nodded. Joe smiled in the mirror, seeing her reflection. "Good girl."

"Have you seen my white hair bow, I think I left it in here the other day." Her eyes scanned the room. Joe looked around as well, quickly spotting it on one of the bedside tables.

"Oh, on the bedside table, is that it?" She shot her head there, recognising the accessory. She bounced over, her blonde curls bouncing along.

"Thank you Joe. Mama said to tell you that she'd be in in a minute, I think." She had to concentrate really hard, it was cute. "Do you know who else is going?" Emelia sat down on the bed, cross legged.

"Dr Ranj I think, off get well soon, a lot of people from kids TV that I can't name though." Joe chuckled, as the only person he knew was going was Dr Ranj Singh.

She beamed. "Oh I like Dr Ranj, he's a funny person, and get well soon is very good." In that moment Dianne came through the door, carrying both of their dresses, one black and the other blue.

"Hey you two, Dr Ranj has suggested we all go together, up to you but we'd need to leave soon. Just texted me." Emelia grinned up at Dianne.

"Sounds good. What time would we need to leave?"

Five minutes before they were to meet Dr Ranj outside, they were all just getting their things together. Emelia was skipping around, twirling around in her new favourite pretty poofy dress while the two adults stood by the kitchen.

"She's over the moon." Dianne chuckled, leaning her head against Joe's shoulder, feeling his arm slip around her waist.

"She is." The two watched her for a moment, before she stopped from dizzyness and walked back over to them, both slightly concerned. Dianne picked her up, scared she was going to fall over and hurt herself.

"You okay angel, bit dizzy?"

She nodded. "Yeah, very dizzy. And you look beautiful mama, like a pretty princess." Dianne pecked her cheek in appreciation.

"She does, a very pretty princess. You both do."

///

"Em, can you hold my hand please." Dianne was extremely aware of the fact they were at the roadside awaiting their Uber, the four of them. Dr Ranj had joined them a few minutes before, also smartly dressed.

Joe put his phone away, smiling as he turned to Dr Ranj. "Is this your first children's BAFTAs?" to which he shook his head.

"I've been once before, it's incredible. It's nice to have an awards ceremony themed around kids, they really do contribute to the industry."

Joe smiled, seeing the Uber come towards them. "I think that's us, and absolutely." They all began to pile into the back, Emelia sat on Joe's lap as there wasn't enough room for individual seats.

"Where are we off to?" The Uber driver asked, Ranj giving him the details. While he did, Joe put his hand over Di's, feeling her turns hers over to clasp his.

"You alright?" She nodded, watching Emelia with a smile on her face.

"Yeah, I'm just so excited, and especially as Em can come too, it's just so special. And scary, I don't want the media bombarding her." Joe nodded, seeing her go to speak again.

"I didn't want to keep her a secret, it just felt wrong. It's just, I don't want her to be forced into the spotlight or to be made to feel uncomfortable, I don't want to feel like I've made the wrong choice."

Joe nodded again, giving her hand a little squeeze. "I get it, she's still young and doesn't need the pressure around her like that. But it'll be fine, they can't force her into it, we'll just have to be more aware."

Dianne grinned, hearing him say 'we' as it again reassured her that they were in this together, and that he was in full support of Emelia, confirming even more that he was special, very special.

Very, very special.

"Wow!"

Emelia looked out the window of the Uber, seeing a flock of people, around a hundred in total. Some were carrying cameras, notepads and other devices. Others were dressed in decadent evening wear, top designer gowns and dapper tuxes, making their way down the red carpet.

Joe and Dianne both looked at each other fondly, the innocent excitement that Emelia had made them both smile beyond measure, how she was enchanted by the glitz and glamour.

She turned to face Dianne, who felt complete at the sight of Joseph, holding her daughter, just there, both content as was she.

"Mama! Mama! We're here!" Dianne nodded, taking a look outside the window. In that moment a bittersweet feeling came over the once sole content one: she and Joe wouldn't be able to be together in front of the cameras, something that would be even harder to do now that the three of them were all together.

The car went around the back as they requested at the start, turning a corner. This way they could enter as they wanted, less evidence for the eagle eyed reporters who would watch their every move with piercing eyes.

"I know, it's amazing isn't it. What do you say to the cab driver?" Emelia coughed before speaking, rather loudly for that matter.

"Thank you mister cab driver!" Joe pouted at Dianne, who gave him the same look. Dr Ranj, who had been eager witness to their domesticity the entire ride, got out the cab first.

"So my friends, Shall I meet you at the tables in half an hour?" They all nodded, watching him walk down the street, Emelia giving him a wave goodbye.

Dianne opened the car door, getting out while Joe helped Emelia out, before getting out himself.

"Em, can you hold my hand instead please?"

Joe and Dianne had discussed this earlier, as heartbreaking as it was. Although Joe felt dampened that he couldn't do the things he usually would, hold her hand as such, he knew that it was for the best, and understood.

Emelia refused to let go of Joe's hand.

Joe held his breath, feeling guilt flood him as he let go instead, both him and Dianne seeing Emelia's face drop, almost as if she would burst into tears, feeling both their hearts crack simultaneously.

"Wh...why not?"

"Because...you just can't, it's against the rules. When you're older you'll understand." Dianne tried to explain, as best as she could.

How do you explain to a five year old that your mum and her partner cant be seen together because of the outside world? She just hoped that one day she'd understand, maybe in a few years time. Joe gave Dianne a sympathetic look, feeling the exact same feeling that she was feeling.

Dianne took Emelia's hand, feeling Joe place his hand on the small of her back. She sighed, wishing the world of media could just hold back, not threaten to expose them at every given opportunity. She then knew, it was going to be a long night. Joe sighed as well, knowing that he would have to distance himself from two of the people he loved the most. It was going to be hard, there was no doubt about it, even if it was only for a few hours.

The red carpet had went well, and so did the award ceremony. Dr Ranj had accepted the award cebeebies had gotten, and was elated. When he had came back to Joe, Dianne and Emelia with the award, Emelia couldn't keep her eyes off the award, sparkling like the glitter ball.

Dr Ranj was now off to speak to some of his co-stars, leaving the three of them on their own.

"You alright?" Joe could see Dianne getting a little tense, resting his hand on her leg under the table. She nodded.

"Yeah, just a little worried. Just a bit of everything really." He nodded, wanting to take her into his arms and rid her of all her troubles.

"I'm the same to be honest, but it's only a little while longer. If you need to leave, I don't mind."

She nodded. "Thank you, but maybe in a little while." He nodded, both of them watching Emelia take everything in. "How long are we thinking until she falls asleep?"

Joe chuckled. "An hour? Maybe half an hour, it's past her bedtime anyway."

"True true." Dianne clicked her fingers, having remembered something. "But, she has had a small glass of Coca Cola, I reckon she'll be hyper, I'd say two hours."

Joe raised his eyebrows quickly. "I guess we will see." Dianne grinned, confident in her choice, maybe a little too confident.

Emelia yawned. "I'm tired."

Dianne scowled, seeing Emelia wipe her eyes. Joe let out an amused chuckle, folding his arms.

"You're so annoying."

Emelia did indeed fall asleep within the hour, on Dianne's lap as she and Joe had been talking to Dr Ranj about Strictly before she dozed off. Dianne squeezed his hand under the table, having held his hand the entire night as it was their only way of contact, feeling him run his thumb over hers often.

"Joseph, mind holding her while I use the bathroom." He nodded, putting his phone away. She carefully passed him the sleeping Emelia, who immediately cuddled into him. She mouthed 'thank you' before practically sprinting off, both men watching her.

Joe rocked Emelia gently as he spoke. "So do you speak to Janette at all?" Ranj nodded. Him and Janette had stayed close friends, having became good friends on the show. That was one of the best things about Strictly Come Dancing, it really did bring people together, weather it be the cast or people watching at home.

"Yeah from time to time. She's so lovely, really funny." He smiled, remembering all their great memories inside the studios. Dianne came back, sitting back where she was and taking a sip of her drink, swallowing before letting out a little yawn.

"Do you think we should head back, I'm pretty shattered myself." Joe asked quietly, Dianne nodded. They both turned to Ranj. "You coming or..."

"No, I might stay and catch up with everyone if that's ok." Joe nodded, still holding Emelia and getting up, resting Emelia in his hip. Dianne grabbed her bag.

Joe turned to Ranj, rocking Emelia still. "Course. So we'll see you maybe next Saturday if you're watching?" Ranj nodded, still visiting Elstree to watch the show regularly.

"Yeah, and good luck for the next week, whichever dance you're doing." They both nodded and said their goodbyes. Joe and Di headed off arm in arm, Emelia sound asleep still on Joe's hip.

"Still can't believe you guessed her bedtime before me." Joe chuckled, the two heading to his and falling asleep quickly, the night having been although stressful at times, a very special night indeed.

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

193K 3.6K 52
A set of one shots about Joe Sugg and Dianne Buswell. Just like the 1st book but new 😂 Please feel free to request!
153K 2.8K 40
Joe Sugg has a secret. In his opinion it was the best secret to have. In this book, Joe introduces Dianne Buswell to the secret and falls in love in...
9.8K 194 11
Watch as Joe and Dianne's worlds come crashing down.
16.2K 553 39
What happens in Hawaii stays in Hawaii! But what happens if Hawaii was nothing like anyone expected?