A Bullet is the Key.

Od haleycomet246

It was supposed to be simple... Except there is always the calm before the storm and in this case.. the silen... Více

prologue
Chapter 1
A Bullet is the Key
A Bullet is the Key
Chapter 3
The Bullet is the Key
Chapter 4
A bullet is the key
Chapter 5
A bullet is the Key
Chapter 6
A bullet is the Key
Chapter 7
A Bullet is the Key
Chapter 8
A Bullet is the Key
Chapter 9
A Bullet is the Key
Chapter 10
A Bullet is the Key
Chapter 11
A Bullet is the Key
Chapter 12
A Bullet is the Key
Chapter 13
A Bullet is the Key
Chapter 14
A Bullet is the Key
Chapter 15
A Bullet is the Key
Final Chapter
A Bullet is the Key
Epilogue

Chapter 2

63 2 0
Od haleycomet246

Chapter 2

Beep. Beep. Beep.

God what was that sound it was starting to get annoying, wait why was there a beeping sound coming from beside me one that wasn't my alarm?

That sound it was one I only heard in movies or when I was sitting beside my dying mother in the hospital and that was when I realized where I was. My body felt achy and heavy as if a truck had run over me but that wasn't the case no I had slammed my head on the edge of a desk. Faintly I could see what happened in my mind and how I took the fall for Ryder, which landed me here. I don't regret it. I didn't understand why I was connected to a heart monitor though since it was only a head wound but how am I to say what is wrong with me since I'm not a doctor.

"Is she up yet?" a voice asked.

"She should be waking up soon, the stitches were put in correctly and everything is good. It has only been two hours since she has been out son. We connected her to a heart monitor to make sure nothing went wrong." Another voice said, though this one had to have been a doctor because his voice was full of authority and wisdom. There was my answer.

"Has her parents been notified?" the doctor asked.

"They are unreachable right now, they left on a trip." The first voice said his tone sad and soft.

The heart monitor was no longer beeping as well. Footsteps echoed and the door clicked shut, but I knew I wasn't alone because soft breathing that wasn't mine sounded in the room. Slowly I began to open my eyes, my head still felt heavy. Groaning softly I blinked multiple times to adjust to the light in the room. Turning to where I heard the breathing from, my hazel eyes locked onto striking blue a blue so blue it put the sky to shame, the eyes that were no longer covered by dark glasses. Ever so slowly a smile slid across my face.

"Hi Beautiful" Ryder said, a small smile showing on his lips. He took two steps toward me when he saw me trying to sit up.

"Hi, Handsome" I said softly, as I felt his hands on my sides helping me up tingles shot up my spine. Whenever we would wake one another up or just see each other at school, we would always call each other beautiful and handsome.

"You gave us a fright there."

"I am sorry..." before I could say more the door flew open and a furious Chrissie stood before us, her eyes glaring at Ryder with so much hatred that if looks could kill he would six feet under. I gulped afraid of what she would do. Soon the tingles stopped as Ry removed his hands and took two steps back while reaching into his pocket for his glasses.

"What do you think you are doing here!" she screeched like a banshee.

Ry placed his glasses back on his face taking away his beautiful eyes. His face twitched in irritation at the same time his left hand became clenched at his side, he didn't speak. I went to open my mouth but Ryder spoke instead. "I was just leaving" his voice was void of emotion and hard, though I could sense his anger as it radiated off him.

"Damn right you are." She snapped.

"Chris..." but my voice was lost inside the room.

"I told you to leave her alone!" She yelled at him as he walked by, he spared her not a glance as he flashed me a small smile before exiting the room. Leaving me alone with a very angry and irritating Chrissie who just stood there. He left me once more. Closing my eyes I waited for her to speak but she said not a word as I could hear her footsteps making their way toward me. Then I felt her hand grab my arm softly.

"Come on honey, let's get you home." Her voice no longer hard, opening my eyes I glanced at her as she slowly pulled me off the bed and onto my feet.

"I'll drive you home, Mike took your car to your house already." I just nodded at her letting the words sink in; taking small steps we left the hospital room.

"Ms. McCain, before you go I need to tell you what to do." A voice said from behind us, turning I came to face to face with the doctor who must have done my stitches. He looked to be in his late thirties, brown hair and eyes, soft eyes and a nice smile. Grabbing Chrissie's arm I turned fully to face him.

"Hello, I am Doctor Jones." He reached his hand out for me to take, and so I shook it slowly and nodded at his name.

"Well Ms. McCain, you will have to come back in two weeks to get the stitches removed, you do not have a concussion which is good. Do not get the stitches wet." He said with a smile.

I smiled at him and said "Have a good day too, see you in two weeks." We said our goodbyes and headed out. No words were exchanged between us as we walked towards her two door bright red Porsche that she received as her graduation gift. I never really liked her car; to me it was to flashy and out there. Chrissie wasn't all that rich but what money she had she flaunted it out to the whole world to see. It bothered me that she did this because I never flaunted what I had.

"You shouldn't be around him, Em." Were the first words she said once we were in her car, she just shook her head and mumbled curse words under her breath about Ryder. It made me wince. She wasn't expecting a reply, and so I just kept quiet. The drive was short maybe ten minutes, pulling up into the driveway of my two-story house. Bricks lined the house, nothing was made out of stucco; my father designed this house for my mother. White trim framed the windows. Curtains hung in the windows; the house was silent, my family already gone for their month long vacation. A heavy sigh left my lips, as I gazed at the empty house before me. My Volvo parked in the driveway, Chrissie still was silent. She left me to my thoughts which I appreciated because I didn't feel like talking to her. Once the car was stopped I looked out the window.

"Here is your purse Em, I grabbed it for you. Want me to go get you your pain medicine?" She said softly. I looked at her, her bright green eyes staring at me but there was more behind those eyes. She seemed guarded.

Shaking my head I told her "No its okay Chris, I should be okay. I'll see you tomorrow at school, thank goodness it's Friday." I grabbed the door handle and let myself out of her car, with a small smile on my face. Once she saw my smile, a smile light up her face and the guarded look in her eyes changed to one I could not pinpoint.

"See you tomorrow Emma" with a wave she was off and speeding down the street to her house, I just shook my head at her craziness and proceeded to my front door.

Digging into my purse I pulled out my pink flower printed key and inserted it into the keyhole. With a click it opened, the silence was deafening and the darkness loomed around me. With a sigh, I flipped the switch and the house was engulfed in a warm glow. Walking down the hallway toward the kitchen I passed the mirror and stopped. Turning slowly I came face to face with a sight I was not used to, my face was paler than normal my hazel eyes looked dull under my own gaze. A huge gnarly black and blue bruise circled the right side of my forehead with red stitches across it. I looked like hell to say the least. Heaving a sigh I walked away and into the dimly light kitchen, before I could go any further a noise broke my thoughts.

If I had you, that would be the only thing I ever need, if I had you the money fame and fortune could never compete, if I had you life would be a party with the...

My phone rang out with Adam Lambert, if I had you. Mikes ringer, his favorite song, I know girly and weird but got to love him.

"Hello my dear" I said once had the phone to my ear, moving a step forward I placed my purse on the granite island and then sat on the stool.
"Hello honey combs" you could hear the snicker through the phone, due to our silly endearments.
"What can I do for you?"
"Well seeing as I caused you to fall I was wondering if I could come by to bring you ice cream?" A smile in his voice, I sighed into the phone as pain shot through my head, of course I would have him over but I needed sleep.
"Mike, I would love to see you but my head is sore and I was just about to eat a quick something then head off to bed" I said softly. I heard his deep chuckle and then his voice "No worries hon. I can just bring it to you tomorrow at school". A smile lit up my face.
"Sounds good, I can't wait" We said our goodbyes and hung up, the pain in my head wouldn't go away so softly I laid my head on the granite counter and let the chill seep through the heat. Silence was hard, especially when you wanted someone to hold you and not let you go.
Glancing up I looked at the time on the microwave; in bright letters the time read 5:30. I groaned at how early it still was, though it didn't matter what time it was I got off the stool and headed toward the winding staircase that carried you to the second floor.
With slow steps I climbed to my room, stepping into the comfortable silence that closed around me in a blanket of warmth once I stepped into the room. Shutting the door behind me I walked toward my huge in suite bathroom, flicking on the lights white walls reflected the glow. It was simple, white walls, white tiles lined the floor in a diamond shape blue rugs covered a spot in front of the toilet, shower and counter. I loved the simple feel of my bathroom; my bedroom was decorated in blue as well since I coordinated them both together. I needed to relax so I chose to take a bath full of bubbles of course. Once my bath was full and not scolding hot but just how I like it, I stripped and hopped into the water letting it relax my muscles. Leaning back I sunk to my chin making sure not to go completely under water, since had to keep the stitches dry.
Closing my eyes I was met with the illusion of striking blue eyes that have been in my heart for many years. Slowly they vanished and I was met with green ones, her eyes holding something more underneath their normal gleam. A sinister look lurked under her soft friendly gaze that she normally held when talking to me.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

68 0 8
Emily is a college student that takes pride in her school work, she rarely ever goes out to parties. She likes to keep to her self and has a few real...
3.1K 336 32
Aria had a simple life, she had her friends, her brother, and her parents. At the time she thought life couldn't get any better; minus the guy she wa...
116 19 15
"I have a stalker!" Her brain screamed everyday but then there was no one behind her. What are these? Hallucinations? It was normal for Rachel to get...
4.8K 2.7K 128
It all started with a happy group of friends. Everything seemed perfect until a terrifying scream was heard at a party they all attended, from then o...