TEXT.

Da frootyloops

You always have that one person you can text till forever in the night. You stay awake just for them. Usually... Altro

1
3

2

157 9 4
Da frootyloops

2

I wake up the next morning to find Kay sprawled across her bed snoring. If I wasn't so tired I'd probably be laughing because it's really funny.

I jump out of my bed and run to the bathroom, waking Kay up as I leave.

She mutters a couple things and turns over.

This time I do laugh, and that makes her jump right up and awake.

"What's the time?" She asks frantically.

I throw her my watch and head off to the bathroom. It's still really early.

Note to self: buy an alarm clock.

I quickly shower, brush my teeth and get dressed in sport clothes. I throw on running shoes and add some mouse to my hair to keep the long ringlets in place.

I grab my phone and I'm about to leave for reals when Kay calls out, "I'm borrowing your Banana dress, thanks!"

I roll my eyes and leave.

I try to get up really early every morning to go on my exercise route, I go for a long jog around town and come back just in time to get dressed and go to the first class.

I plug earphones from my iPhone into my ears and start walking.

I'm already on Wentworth st, about twenty minutes from the university when I'm suddenly yanked from my thoughts by a loud "Boo!"

I whip around furious only to notice douchface, I mean Tex standing there, a grin on his face. His friends are all crowding around him as usual.

"What the fuck do you want Tex?" I shout, pulling out an earphone.

He smiles and that just pisses me off all the more.

"Babe, chill, I just wanted to say good morning!" he pouts.

I'm about to walk away when I think better of it, he can't just fucking get away with this.

He's already in a conversation with his friend so I storm up to him and shove him hard, "Boo!" I shout, "Was that funny Tex!?" I scream.

He has the nerve to start laughing and all his gayass friends join in.

"Actually, I think it was hilarious!" he says happily.

I clench my teeth so hard, trying to have self control and not smash his face in.

"Thanks Tex for being so mature." I say, heavy on the sarcasm.

Then I give him the finger and stomp away. Just before I put my earphones back in I can hear him call out, "Yeah because Indigo, that was just sooo mature...!"

Although he can't see when I do, I roll my eyes. Then I decide that because he wasted so much of my time I have to head back to school.

Great.

I run back to my dorm room to see Kay just waking up now. I pull out my new, somewhat short, fluro peach tube skirt and match it with a loose white flowery top. I throw them on, grab a cheese stick from the fridge, say bye to Kay and leave.

My first class is physics and thank the Lord I'm kinda smart or I would have no idea what's flying.

*

I would never have ever guessed that Scotts roommate, Evan, had a crush on me. I honestly would have never realized. Kay though had to spill the beans.

"Oh my god," Tina joins in, "are you kidding me? Ind, you honestly never knew?"

"No, because it's not true. Ew, he so doesn't like me, I'm so not his type anyway, he's into girls like you Kay."

They both burst out laughing, "Trust me Ind, he likes you," Tina says, winking.

I cringe, "I hope you guys are messing with me."

They both laugh. We're sitting on our couches, eating and waiting for Scott to come.

"He loooves you," Kay says in a singsong.

"Oh my god, this topic is so over."

Kay winks and turns to Tina. "So, did you find out who your buddy is?"

"Oh yeah, did you text them yet?" I ask, eager to change the conversation.

She smiles, "I did, in fact he wrote back,"

"He did?!" Kay demands, "What happened, tell us!"

"I don't know, I just started talking to him it was really weird he seems pretty funny and sweet so I hope things work out," she admits.

"Yay, Tee, I'm so happy." Kay says earnestly.

"Me too Tina. Kay what about Cooper how's that working out?"

"I couldn't bring myself to text him back, he's just that repulsive."

"Kay, you always tell us were in college already and we should get over hating people. So I say grow up and text him?" I decide.

"Your right, I really should get over it, but Ind, what about your guy?" She asks, curious.

I shrug, "Nothing much."

Kay lifts an eyebrow, "Really Indie? So who exactly were you texting at like three in the morning, don't think I never heard you chuckling there!"

I roll my eyes, "Screw you. I was texting him but it was nothing major, we were just getting to know each other really,"

Kay's about to answer but gets interrupted when Scott comes and jumps on the couch between the two of us, opposite Tina, who's sitting on the other couch.

"Hey Tina, baby."

I think we all roll our eyes at the same time.

"Aw Scotty! Stoppp," Tina coos.

Kay and I chuckle. They have this thing going on since forever.

Scott winks at her and turns to me, "Your boyfriend just got a new car, and I must say it's one hell of a car!"

"Scott, for the hundredth time he is not my boyfriend. In fact he's my enemy. Tex Sandler? Yeah, I don't like him." I say slowly, making sure he finally gets it this time.

"Sure you don't," Scott nods.

I stand up irritated, and smash right into a walking Evan.

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry!-"

"I'm so sorry, I completely didn't see you!-"

We both say simultaneously.

Then we both say nothing.

We both say sorry again and I decide to sit back down for the situation to be less awkward.

Evan takes a seat next to a giggling Tina. I'm glaring at her for laughing at me and for having that earlier conversation because I can't look at Evan the same.

"So, what's up?" Scott asks.

"Just bored as hell, so decided to come chill with you guys..." Evan says in his proper English accent.

He's somewhat new to this college. He has his group but clearly he's not with them now.

"Evs, what happened to Clara, Mitchell and Shirley?" Kay asks.

Evan rolls his eyes, "I love them except for when they abandon me for their maths club which is every Wednesday lunch which is why I come crash you lameos,"

Kay gasps, "Did you just call us lame?"

Evan laughs, "To be honest, I didn't mean it." he offers.

Kay nods, smiling, "Fine, but no more jokes."

"No promises," then he turns to me, "new skirt?"

"Yes and creepy how you always know."

"I told you I'm good at that, just like I know that Kay's wearing your dress and Tina's wearing Kay's shoes. Oh, and clearly Scotts wearing my shirt when I totally never said he could. But about your skirt, I like it."

We're all staring at him gobsmacked.

"Shit Evan, how did ya realize I was wearing your shirt? It's an exact replica of mine?"

"Dude, to be more smooth next time, try not leaving your paint stained one on my bed."

We all crack up laughing.

"Alright, we got to go back," Tina says, standing up and checking her watch.

We all get up and follow her back to school talking about what we should do tonight. We all decide on pizza and then clubbing. Live the life after all.

*

I'm finally changing out of my tight short Zara dress and rubbing off all my makeup when my phone vibrates.

I throw on pajamas and jump into bed, grabbing my phone off my desk on the way.

"What are you studying to be?" Its from the guy.

Oh, so he's still talking to me.

"I've always wanted to be an architect. You? " I write back.

"I'm studying to be a lawyer." he answers.

A lawyer. He must have a pretty strong personality.

"Cool." I write, for lack of anything else to write.

He doesn't reply for a couple minutes and I take the opportunity to text Kay and ask her when she'll be back. She says not to wait for her because she finally remembered to take a key. She stayed at the party. I though, couldn't manage at all with drunk guys flirting and offering me drinks. Soz, no interest.

"Nah, not really." he finally writes.

What? Oh about him being a lawyer.

"Huh? Why not? I think lawyers are cool." I tell him.

"Me too, but I'm only doing it from the pressure."

"Oh, I get it, your dad always wanted to be a lawyer so him and your mother are pushing you to do it." I guess.

"Try, my dad Is a lawyer. And so is my mom. Oh, and my sister."

"Whoa, alright fine, I totally see the pressure,"

"Yeah."

"So tell them you don't want to to do it!"

"No, you don't understand, I do want to do it."

"What? I'm confused... :/"

"I just don't want all the pressure of doing as good as them and of meeting all their expectations."

"I see. Makes sense. Tell them that?"

"Fuck, I can't."

Oh, I don't know what to say! They never said having a secret buddy meant being a psychologist, or I so never would have replied.

So I write on impulse. "So grow a pair and stop caring what they say or will think."

"Easier said than done."

"That's true."

He doesn't say anything and I find myself staring at my phone for a bit until I decide to write.

"So, there was a college party tonight why didn't you go? I ask.

"Who says I'm not there?"

"Oh, are you?"

"Yup. Just pretty boring so I'm texting. What's your excuse?"

"I came and left. Wasn't too interested. Everyone was just drinking and I'm so not in the mood for it all."

"You hate alcohol don't you?"

"I don't actually, I mean it's gross but I don't mind it."

"You know your the only person I've heard that actually admits they don't like alcohol?"

"Why, you like it?"

"No, it's disgusting, tastes like shit but I'd never tell my friends that."

"Dude, get your story right. Do you have friends or not?"

"I don't. Well not real ones anyway."

"Oh, so basically, you'd never tell your fake friends that."

"Haha, pretty much."

"Do you have any real friends?"

"I do. He never came to this college though. He was my best friend all my high school."

"Still keep in touch?"

"A little, but it's hard."

"I get that. Where are you from?"

"California, you?"

"I'm from here, well actually I'm from Queens not Manhattan."

"Sweet."

"Yeah."

There's a minute where no one writes anything and then he writes, "So, anyone special in your life? Boyfriend?"

"Nup, no boyfriend, I like life this way. Wtbt u?"

"Oh, I don't swing that way, I'm into girls."

"Very funny, I meant girlfriend?"

"Nah, not really."

"What's that mean?"

"It's complicated. There is a girl but I don't like her, if that makes sense."

"You don't really like anyone do you?"

":P Alot of people just irritate me. I just feel bad to break up with this girl because she doesn't see it coming."

"Well isn't it better to do it now rather than leading her on?"

"True dat. I hate these dramas,"

"Well maybe your just being dramatic about wanting to break up with her, what don't you like about her?"

"Everything."

"Hey, now that's just mean."

"I never said I wasn't mean."

"Answer the question properly."

"Fine. I hate how's she's whiny that's the biggest piss off."

"Gawd, that's like half this schools population, and here I was hoping to get some sort of clue :)"

"You want to know who I am? Please don't. It's stupid to find each other out."

"Don't tell me your not curious." I roll my eyes.

"Of course I am, for all of know y2ou could be my roommate pranking me."

"Shit, how did you find out!?"

"Fuck, never do that again, I swear my heart just stopped for a minute."

I laugh, "Crushing on your roomie?"

"God no, I'd just trust him to do something like this."

"He sounds funny."

"He isn't."

"Whoa, you really do hate everyone."

"I try,"

"It wasn't a compliment,"

"But I took it as one,"

"Clearly,"

I smile, this is fun. It's funny to think we're becoming friends. This random guy and myself.

"I like talking to you." he writes.

"I just did a double take. Mind. Blown. You like something. But hey, I like talking to you too."

"Your over dramatising my meanness."

"Sorry, but it's funnier this way."

"I know."

I smile, my eyes are already drifting closed.

"Goodnight, no name." I type.

"lol sweet dreams."

Continua a leggere