Kingdom Dawning

بواسطة kingdomdawning

Cyra Enaye spent her whole life not questioning and following the rules of her colony. But, now Vinick has co... المزيد

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Three

143 30 57
بواسطة kingdomdawning

It's been two days since they asked me to join. I thought I would feel fine. As if this would all blow over, and my life would start up as it left off, but no, apparently life doesn't work like that. We were still in Certax's mansion, Leillan had barely said a word to me, and more than half the colony was destroyed. The longer time went past, the more I thought about the offer Leillan made me. Ever since I denied the proposal to make a change, join the rebellion. I've felt nothing but guilt. Though what could I have done? I'm a maid who can't read. I was not a risk taker. How could I be when it was not just my life in my hands, but also my family's Certax was supposed to be coming home by weeks end which meant we had to leave before then. The more we looked for a place to call back the more the guilt ate at me. So many people would go homeless, so many lost everything. I refused to do anything when asked to change the future.
I would walk the streets only to see so many people with absolutely nothing: no family, home, work, or even suitable clothing. There was one girl who had to be barely older than me who sat on the street my house used to be. She used to beg for money or food, anything to get through the day. Soon she realized she was not the only one who was struggling to survive. There was not enough food in left to feed all of those who lost it all in the fires. And those who did have food were too scared to share any of it. We were all trying to grip at anything to try and make it. She stopped begging and one day she just..disappeared. I sometimes missed seeing her. Her complexion was a bit lighter than Harmony's, and her hair was done in intricate braids that I was amazed at. I remember the way her eyes were like bright embers. When she left I almost felt like looking for her. She couldn't have left the colony since no one leaves the colony. So where had she gone?

 I left most of the 'house' hunting to my mother. She seemed like the only one who was happy with my decision not to join the rebellion. We talked after that night. She told me that she wanted me safe and being thrown into a growing rebel group may lead me places I don't want to go. I had a very present need to change my decision. To join the revolution and fight for a cause instead of hiding like a coward.

 Girls in our colony were meant to be timid and meek. Do nothing when things got bad. Speaking your mind was completely frowned upon. I always knew nothing more than that. I always felt this itching, yearning feeling in the back of my mind to defend myself whenever I was treated unjustly. I wanted to run up to a man when I saw them yelling at their wives for no reason and tell him how much of a moron he truly was. I always craved the feeling of change. Then my opportunity came on a silver platter, and I turned it away. Now the itching came over me even more intensely and the yearning almost hurt. I used my family to excuse my cowardice. 

I slammed my head against a pink pillow and yelled.

"Hey, everything okay there cycy" without even lifting my head I knew who it was. 

"Quillian, can't I just be left alone in solitude?" I groaned out. Quilian looked almost precisely like leillan except he kept his hair short and was slightly taller than her. Quilian looked at me with a small smirk on his face yet I could see the concern in his eye and by how tense his body looked. 

"What do you think about you know... the rebellion?" Were we even supposed to talk about it? Just whispering about it to him felt wrong. Quillian shifted his position, so he was leaning against the white door frame. The border around the structure was a beautiful carefully painted string of swirling roses that lead to up to the high ceilings. The ceilings were made of dark wood that felt like it almost didn't fit with the light pink walls that surrounded us. 

"I believe when you make the right decision you shouldn't have any regrets" He tried to make eye contact with me but I averted my gaze, looking out the large window. It overlooked our now crumbling colony. His words seemed to hit me harder than he meant them too. 

"I want to be safe, I want to keep Taj, Efraid, just everyone safe."

"Here's how I see it Cycy." he took a deep breath. "You can either live in fear and shelter yourself and everyone you love then hoped nothing bad happens. Or you can take fate into your own hands and make sure no one lives in fear again"

With that Quillian left the room, He seemed proud of himself as he brushed his shaggy strawberry blonde hair out of his face. Quillian's words impacted me in a way I've never felt before. I felt sorrow for the people like the girl with braids who sat on the street because of what the Vinick did and continued to do. I believed not doing anything would protect us yet, it just made us an easier target. I didn't want my family to lay and wait for the hunter to attack. So the only way to survive was to fight...was my opportunity to fight already gone?

I ran out of the obnoxiously pink room to find Leillan. To tell her I was ready, to ask to join.I ran down long hallways with freshly polished wood. The smooth surface that the floor was a bit too slippery for my bare feet. Maybe if I actually thought things through I would have considered that before sprinting down the high staircase. But, since I didn't before I knew it I was flying face first down and the hard surface below welcomed me with open arms.

I covered my face with my arms and closed my eyes to brace for impact. Instead of my body landing to the floor I felt a firm hand tightly grip the back of my dress and yank me back. I jerk and landed into someones solid arms. I let out a loud gasp as I opened my eyes to see who rescued me from my own clumsiness. I expected my brothers or Quillian but to my surprise, it was neither. It was someone I expected never to see again, it was Harmony.

"Sorry to yank you back so hard, I didn't hurt you did I?" His lush shamrock green eyes looked genuinely concerned. Up this close to him and in the light of the chandelier that swung over head I could notice his features. His complexion was a deep mocha color and his hair was a soft lavender color which seemed odd yet on him, looked perfect. I felt an urge to reach up and stroke his high cheekbones and the small amount of scruff that laid across his cheeks. He was unique and beautiful. I realized that it has been a few moments since he asked me a question and all I had done as a response is stare at him. I felt my cheeks get intensely hot and I shot out of his arms.

"Yep yep yep perfectly good, great even! Nothing like a good yank to wake you up in the morning!" The questionable look on his face made me reflect on what I had just said.

"What I mean is..." I sighed and ran my hand over my face as I tried to think of a way to recover. Soon I heard a deep sweet chuckle and I looked up to see a glorious smile coming from Harmony. I felt the corners of my lips lift up. 

"Thank you for grabbing me, last time I fell my house burnt down," I said jokingly

"No need to thank me, what kind of king would I be if I let a maiden in need fall?" He gave me a small wink that set every nerve in my body on fire.

"Why were you in such a hurry?" Harmony asked

"I need to talk to leillan" My voice soft as if I wasn't ready to quite admit it. It occurred to me that he was the "official" leader of the rebellion against the Vinick. Or at least I assumed he would be since he is already a king. 

"Well, I guess I can talk to you..." I felt my hands get sweaty and heart rate quicken.

"Well I'm all ears lady Enaye" I was so nervous I barely noticed he said my last name. Which was strange since I never told it to him, I wanted to ask how he knew my last name but that was an issue for another time. Right now I was more focused on the sudden weight on my chest that felt like it was crushing me. After I told him my decision would I be able to go back? If things get hard would I run or fight? I closed my eyes and took a breath.

"I want to join the rebellion" I forced my voice to sound stronger than It ever had to before. After all, I never had to be strong the way I was going to need to be to make it in this rebellion. The Vinick's killed my father, burnt down my home and almost my brother along with it, destroyed most of my colony, and forced so many of us into living in fear. I wanted to be apart of the change that would affect the course of history. To have people live in peace and not have to worry about if they will have to fight tomorrow. I want to fight not just for Recycline but for Majiey as well.

  Harmony looked me up and down, his eyebrows creased together as he focused on me. He almost seemed to be placing pieces to a puzzle together in his mind. I almost expected him to reject me. To say they didn't want me in the rebellion.

"If it were up to me I would say yes but your mother is actually the one who basically runs the whole rebellion."

This made me choke on air. My mother a rebellion leader? She could barely decide what to make for dinner or lift the rice bags by herself. Before I even had time to tell him how crazy that concept was I saw my mother standing at the end of the staircase. Arms crossed over her puffed up chest and her long legs spread apart in a defensive stance. 

"Cyra Fawn Enaye" her tone sent shivers down my spine. If I could hide behind Harmony and use him as a shield I would.

"Why did you not tell me about all of this! How could you start a whole rebellion, even go to the Majiey! I just-how- when-... " The person standing there was my mom, yes but at the same time, she wasn't. My mother was so quiet that sometimes you would forget she was in the room. Always nervous about us that she wouldn't even always me to go swimming until I was nearly 14,

"I did not need you getting involved. Lord knows I didn't want Leillan joining but she has a way of wiggling her way into everything"

"You're damn right I do" I heard right by my ear. It made me jump and cling onto harmony. I looked around to see Leillan smiling proud of herself for scaring me.

"Sorry I heard my name and I wanted to see if you guys were talking about how truly amazing I am" she gave me and Harmony a playful wink. My mother didn't seem to get her humor and gave her a stern look. If my mother had it her way I would've never found out about this rebellion. Yet, Leillan told me. Now I was about to put myself on the line. Needless to say, Leillan was not on my mother's good side.

"Thank you Leillan for proving my point". My mother took a deep breath to calm her nerves. "I was just telling Cyra how she wasn't allowed into the rebellion. I can't risk you or your brothers getting hurt". We locked eyes as she spoke. Her dark brown on my almost colorless grey. She was almost begging me wordlessly to not join, but my stubbornness wouldn't allow me to back down. I felt Leillan loop her arm around mine.

"You already know where I stand with Cyra joining...we need her. I know this, Harmony knows this and I am sure deep down you know this". The energy in the room got more and more tension filled.

"If I am allowed to offer my opinion as well". Harmony began to make his way through the last few stairs towards my mother. I began to notice how perfect his posture and stature were. He stood tall with his shoulders pulled back ever so slightly. Harmony held his head up high as if to show off his pride and power yet it wasn't in an arrogant way. It was a big contrast compared to my hunch shoulders and slightly arched back. I guess our lifestyles were truly different from each other. He was built in a world where he had to be real and respected but I was meant to hide among the others. He was meant to be the shepherd and I was meant to be part of the herd of sheep. Would it be hard to break from my flock? As I watched him walk I began to straighten my back.

"There is something about Cyra that I have only felt in a select few... I need to explore what that feeling is Timay. I will keep her safe. Guard her with my life. I would give my last breath into protecting Cyra" His words struck with my mother... Harmony didn't know me yet here he was declaring he will die protecting me. I heard stories of the Maijey being a people of extremes. Extravagant parties, passionate love, and powerful promises.

My mom looked him over then back at me. She let out a sharp exhale, almost like a hiss. "Fine she can join BUT only simple things with no chance of getting hurt. The first sign of danger and I will kick you out Cyra Fawn". I lifted my hands up in the air in surrender and a slow smile crept on to my round face.

"First sign of danger and I'll leave". Whether I intended to keep that statement I wasn't sure but it got me into the rebellion. It will give me my chance the fight. I heard Leillan clear her throat and we all turned to face her.

"Now that the whole Cyra joining us is over...can we start discussing living arrangements, because Certax barely tolerates us when we are here to clean pretty sure when he comes home to us eating his food and sleeping in his beds he will Mika who will gladly kill us". She had a point. Certax would be coming back home soon and finding us living here would make him explode like a volcano with rage. Mika had been sympathetic with us to not tell him while we look for a place but we had to find one before he got home. It also seemed with each passing hour her kindness was fading.

"Well, I think I may have an idea" Harmony chimed in as he walked down the rest of the staircase and through the wide wooden arc that separated us from the grand dining room. The rest of us followed him after a brief moment of hesitation. Harmony stood at the front of the large dark wooden table that was surrounded by what seems like 50 maroon velvet laced chairs that stood high off the ground. Behind Harmony was the portrait of Blaize Certax that I hated with every fiber in me. It's judgemental teal eyes drove into my soul as if it knew everything I have done and will do in my life and pale skin that made him look sickly. The artist had been kind enough to paint a full head of faded red hair on his usually bald head. I turned my attention back to Harmony who seemed very comfortable at the seat of power in the room. It's as if he went from a gentleman who saves girls from falling down the stairs to the king of a nation.

"So what idea did you have," I said to break the silence in the room. He looked down at his hands, if you looked close enough you could catch the twink in his eyebrow as he concentrated.

"Well it's not an official plan but it is a plan. I can bring you guys into my kingdom but I need the counsel's approval and your guys only way of communication in letters which would mean exposing the kingdom to someone to get that letter to them. Plus I do not believe I have to go over how time-consuming that is" he let out a long sigh "but, in this situation, I think I can make an exception". He looked up from his hands and looked directly at me. His light eyes were much more pleasant to look at than Cretax's painting.

"And what if we get there and the council decides it wants us out?" My mother asked as she leaned on the edge of the table. Harmony shifted his attention towards her.

"I am certain they will not. And if they do" he paused for a moment. "I will convince them otherwise".

Suddenly a rush of adrenaline pumped through my veins. I have never left my colony before, never even stepped foot into the woods that began just behind Certax's house. There forest's seemed to be never-ending and the high trees reached the skies which made me feel small. As a child, my brother used to tell me a story about a wolf and a girl with a red coat who gotten eaten by the wolf. That night I had a nightmare that I was the little girl in the red coat and the wolf ate me. Ever since then I avoided the woods and wearing the color red like the plague.

"How far away is it to your kingdom?" I asked as I straightened up my back, a feeble attempt to make myself look more confident.

"It will be about a days travel, and we will have to leave very soon. Tonight even, I already overstayed my time here by too much already."

I felt my heart hit the floor as if it was being weighed down by a hundred-pound weight. "I'll go with you Harmony, I'll go with you to Majiey." I didn't even recognize my own voice as the words came out of my mouth. I would leave Rycline and my old life. Majiey here I come. 

{Hey guys! it's me again! Any predictions for what will happen next? How would you react if your mother lead a rebellion??}

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

4.2K 87 9
Please don't kill me for this!! King Sombra x Flurryheart This takes part in between the battle of king Sombra and my own sort of universe, this is...
26 0 7
"The Daethos think they are God's, so I will be exactly what they think of me, a weak sinner." What's it like to fall in love with death himself? Cyr...
1M 70.4K 108
A 21st century covert ops agent, Cybelline found herself transported to a medieval world of magic and war without a clue of how she got there. Fine...
The Shadow's Star بواسطة Llouisewrites

الخيال (فانتازيا)

13.5K 512 25
18+ Loosely based on Romeo and Juliet set in a magical fae world. Two powerful families have ruled over the the dark and light fae for thousands of y...