MIAMI EVENINGS

Da Queen_Jenesis

▃▃▃ A MIAMI NIGHTS SEQUEL▃▃▃ Completed 2019. Altro

introduceré
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXV. II
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXIX
XL
XLI
XLII

Epilogue

27.5K 1K 3.4K
Da Queen_Jenesis

MIAMI Evenings

|Epilogue|

__ __ __

nine years later...

"say word I can't bag shorty over there?!" Elijah Kingston Junior, also known as August, clasped his hands together and smiled brightly showcasing all thirty two of his teeth that were protected by his cyan blue braces.

"Man whatever." His good friend Poppa shook his head as his eyes traveled over to the group of girls, who he believed to be upperclassmen. "Ain't no way."

"I think he can." Andre smiled brightly, though he was only setting his dear friend up. He knew all about those group of girls, and just how boujie and stuck up they could really be. There was no way that they'd give August's sophomore ass a chance.

"Is this a bet I'm hearing?" Korey looked around his group of friends before stuffing the rest of his ice cream sandwich into his mouth. His hands now covered with the chocolate bread and stickiness of the vanilla ice cream.

"How much?" August's eyes sparkled with curiosity. He always loved a good bet.

"Fifty beans." Andre called out with the quickness.

"Fifty?!" Poppa almost choked on air. "Each?!"

"Each." August nodded in agreement. "It's a bet."

"Man nah fuck that." Poppa shook his head. "I'm out."

"Of course your broke fat ass is." Korey laughed in amusement.

"Nigga your hands are literally covered in food, as we speak." August came to the defense of Poppa. "You cannot talk."

"Okay so fifty it is." Andre fished into his track pants for his wallet.

"My shit in my bag, but I'ma go work my magic." August fingered through his hair some. "Alright watch me body this." He did a once over of his boys before making his way to the small group of females, his eyes settling on one in particular.

She was all that.

With what he believed to be her real hair, dark black and flowing down the middle of her back and coating the front of her face, it was curly and really thick. Her lips perfectly shaped and juicy enough to do some damage, they were coated in layers of sparkling lip gloss just like he adored. Her long acrylic nails were coffin shaped and an array of different colors. Whenever she moved they turned light but when they were resting on her lap they remained still and solid. She wore a cool blue and white off the shoulder romper. The pattern was Aztec tribal like and complimented her soft white slip on vans. And while her legs weren't all that thick, they were long and had just enough meat on them for him. And besides in his opinion, the outfit she sported was doing her lower half just enough justice.

August had to add her onto his roster of ladies, that was already too long....but he was greedy. A young boy who had to have his cake and eat it too. In his own words; "Ain't that what I'm supposed to do? That's exactly what cake is for."

The closer that he got, August could feel all of the attention shift towards him. The girls were once talking amongst themselves while the one he wanted was face down into her phone. But now that he was no more than three steps away from them, all of their eyes were dead set on the young boy who was brave enough to approach the five.

"Hello ladies." August geared up his charming smile, causing the four friends to quickly swoon over him, while the other remained unfazed.

His tall figure hovered over every single one of them, though he was only fifteen August stood at six foot one, and he was not yet done growing.

"Hi beautiful." He grabbed the phone out of the girl's hand causing her eyebrows to furrow as she looked up at him with what was her version of a mug.

"Your name?" He smiled.

"Katai." She snatched her phone back from his grasp. "Katai Houston." She found herself relaxing as she actually took the time to look him up and down, taking in how well put together and handsome he was. "How old are you?"

"Grown." He voiced. "And you?"

"I'll be sixteen in October." She looked down at his feet. "Nice shoes." She complimented.

"Thank you." August glanced down at his Nike 97' Air Maxes. They were orange with a hint of yellow and dark red, matching the school colors and his current outfit. "October what?"

"Third."

"Well aren't you my soulmate. That's my birthday too, gorgeous." He dived straight into it. "That just made my day, but you know what would make my month?"

"What?" Katai cocked her head to the side.

"If you gave me your number, and you know what would make my year?"

Katai blushed. "No, what would that be?"

"You." He brushed a lose curl behind her ear. "And me as one." He winked and reached for her unlocked phone once again. "Make sure you hit me up." He typed his number in and saved it.

"Oh okay." Katai nodded, her face now beet red. "It was nice meeting you—." She paused and looked down at her phone. "Kingston?" Her brows furrowed together. "That's your first name?"

"Elijah August Kingston Jr." He recited. "That's my full name. I normally go by August though or sometimes Kingston. But never Elijah, Junior, EJ, the second, or anything like that."

"Okay then." Katai laughed. "I'm gonna' call you King if that's fine."

"That's great." He smiled before giving her one last once over and returning back to his friends.

"That easy?!" Poppa viewed August with his jaw dropped as he approached the group.

"That easy." August rested his hand out, with his palm facing face up as he was ready to receive his earnings. "Run me my shit." He laughed.

Andre sucked his teeth but did exactly that. He was not expecting for August to get any type of play being that he had tried plenty of times, with Katai especially and had failed.

"It's just because this nigga rules the school." Andre shook his head as all the hate began to spew out of his voice. "Nigga knows he's bound to go D1 so of course any of these bitches are gonna be down for whatever when it comes to him. If it wasn't for his last name, looks, skills in ball, or his money. He wouldn't of bagged her." He shrugged and looked elsewhere.

"You a hating ass nigga bro." Korey cracked up as he handed off his half to August.

"It's whatever." August held up the two crispy fifty dollar bills up in the air, checking to see if there were false. "Cause either way, I still got my money and that number." He stuck his tongue out and stuffed the money into his jacket pocket, once it was clear that they were very much real.

"I'm about to head home." Poppa began to dap everybody up. "I gotta' get there before my sisters get home today."

"Babysitting duty again?" Andre teased.

"Ignore him." August rolled his eyes. "Be easy bro." He accepted Poppa's hand and pulled him in for a small hug before pulling back.

"Bye hoe ass niggas." Poppa held up his middle finger before dashing off so that he wouldn't miss the city bus to his home in the Terrace.

"I'm out too." August cleared his throat. Though his eyes were not on his friends but on his sister who he spotted smiling all in his best friends face.

He felt his body grow hot and a thousand and one thoughts began to fly throughout his head. He hated when Ever talked to dudes because they were always trying to use her condition to their advantage. He was very protective over her even though she came out the womb two minutes before him and was considered the oldest, that still was his twin. And he did not play about her...at all.

"Alright bro." Korey nodded. "You need a ride?" He looked towards Andre who was now in his phone.

"Yeah." Dre nodded. "See you Aug." He clutched his drawstring bag and followed after Korey.

"Bye." August voiced, calling out to them. Before he decided to make his way towards the side of the school where he first saw Ever.

an oath.

From

Elijah Kingston Jr

To

Ever Kingston

__ __ __

    a strong gust of wind pulled the coffee brown embroidered pages that belonged to the book, a fifteen year old Ever Kingston was currently indulged in. She was reading Isabel Wilkerson's six hundred paged masterpiece that was The Warmth of the Suns. Five hundred and forty three pages to be exact if you didn't count her short introduction, thank you note, and long afterword.

Sucking her teeth, Ever opted on closing the book and stuffing it into her book bag for later. With the way the New York weather was acting today, there was no way that she'd be able to complete chapter twenty-eight by the time her mother arrived to pick her up. It was her homework assignment for her Advanced Placement English 10 class, and she'd rather get it out the way while still at school then having to go home and worry about it. Though it was homework, Ever never really enjoyed bringing her schoolwork  back home with her.

"Hey Ev!" A light voice called out to her causing her to roll her eyes, being that she knew exactly who the voice belonged to.

Ever looked up from her bag and placed a false smile on her face as she waved to the five foot three beauty. Her eyes raking over the girls almond shaped one's as the girl that was known as Capri Jenson, placed her hand on her thick and curvaceously shaped hips. She was the head Caption of Central's dance team, and Ever's biggest competition. Being that they both came toe to toe in everything, including GPA's, class rankings, and currently the number one spot on the dance team. Capri being the one that remained victorious in almost every situation, because she was always a solid point five steps or so ahead of Ever. It had been that way since the fourth grade when they started receiving letter grades and hadn't changed since.

"See you at practice tomorrow after-school! It's the first day so don't be late! You wouldn't want to run ten laps, right sis?" Capri flipped her long doe brown wavy hair across her back before she continued her short journey to the student parking lot.

Ever clenched her jaw and fought the nerve to say something slick back. Capri knew exactly what she was doing but Ever vowed that she wouldn't give her the energy she was yearning for, in return.

"You are so fake." A raspy tone took over Ever's ears causing her to slightly blush. "Wassup wit' you Ev?" The person who owned the voice, took a seat next to her on the bench.

"Hey Harlem." Ever smiled.

Harlem White, also known as The Breeze or Breezy for short—was August Kingston's right hand man and the caption of the junior varsity football and basketball team. Currently in basketball season, he was killing the game right alongside August. As they both had caught the eyes of many recruiters, state ranked travel and AAU teams, along with many more. They also had the eyes of many of the ladies that attended Central High School, they were only Sophomores but extremely tall for their age and not to mention handsome.

Though, Harlem was not into all the publicity or popularity so he didn't feed into it as much as August did. He dabbed around here and there with different females, but it wasn't anything too crazy. He had self-control and he knew all about how trifling certain girls were these days so he managed and maintained who he allowed into his life very carefully and consciously. All he was truly focused on was basketball, that was his one true goal and first priority.

And that's what Ever liked about him.

Harlem smiled right back at her, before wrapping his arm around the back of her resting it on the top of the bench. "How you doin—

Ever watched in horror as Harlem was abruptly snatched up from the bench and away from Ever. His size ten feet dangled in the air considering he was a solid foot off of the ground.

"She's doing great little nigga." Vasai held Harlem by the rim of his hoodie. "Fuck is you doing?"

"Vasai put him down." Kansas approached the small group with Kyla in tow.

She was dressed down in some short gym shorts and a old t-shirt. Small remains of sweat rested on her forehead along with her shirt since she had just gotten out of volleyball practice. Her hair was pulled up into a tight bun on the top of her head while a thick Nike headband rested at the tip of her hairline preventing any flyaways or lose strands from showing.

"Oh here you go fucking up the fun." Vasai sucked his teeth before dropping Harlem to his feet. "Scram lil' nigga." He pushed him forward.

"Bye Harlem." Ever mumbled, her face to the ground. She was so embarrassed.

"See you Ev." He cleared his throat and grabbed his bag up from the bench, going about his way.

"Wassup baby mama?" Vasai smiled brightly as he eyed Kyla who looked up from her phone.

Her thick brown eyes twinkled at the sight of him. She flipped her curly fro to the side and opened her lanky arms for a hug. "Hey baby." She coo'ed as he approached her with his arms open as well.

Kansas rolled her eyes causing Ever to laugh. She along with everyone else didn't really favor the two as a couple. They just didn't fit at all.

"You like him?" Kansas looked down at her younger cousin with a certain look coating her face.

"Who?" Ever pursed her lips forward. "Harlem?" I mean he's cute." She cleared her throat. "Auggie said I can't date anybody though."

"Girl that boy is not your father." Kansas waved her off.

"And you ain't nobody to her but a cousin." August appeared with a scowl on his face. "Stay out of sibling business, Dorothy." He teased causing Kansas to swing off on him. "Click them red heels together one more time and you'll end up back home." He laughed as he ducked her punches.

"Aye fam!" Vasai grabbed everyone's attention. "I'm out, I'll see y'all later." He pulled his car keys from out his pocket. "Y'all straight? Y'all need a ride or anything?"

"Bae no." Kyla pouted. "I'm riding with you today." She sent him a knowing look. "Kansas you got them if anything, right?" She looked over at her sister.

"Girl whatever." Kansas sucked her teeth.

"We're fine. Mommy should be here any minute." Ever licked over her lips and looked elsewhere. She felt the tension and just wanted for them all to leave because she hated being around negativity.

"Alright then. Text in the group chat when you guys make it home." Kansas instructed before going about her way.

"Bye family!" Vasai rejoiced as he grabbed Kyla and pulled her along.

"They're so crazy." Ever laughed as her eyes settled on August who just so happened to be mugging her, causing her laughing to come to a halt. "What's wrong?" She frowned.

"Why was you over here talkin' to Harlem?" He hovered over her with his jaw and both fist clenched.

"Huh?" Ever placed a dumb look on her face. "I wasn't talking—

"Lie again." He sent a rough strike to her forearm with the tip of his fist. "I'm not playing wit' you Ever." He grabbed her by the chin and squeezed her cheeks and lips together. "Didn't I tell you these niggas only want one thing from you? You think I don't know what they be thinking when they're conversing with you? Harlem included. Yeah, he my nigga but he's just like these other niggas."

"Okay." Ever struggled to speak due to the situation she was in. She felt the tears beating at the back of her eyelids.

"Stop speaking to him or any other nigga and I'm not gon' say it again." He snatched away from her, removing his rough grip from her chin but because he moved so fast, her whole neck craned in the opposite direction. "Wipe your tears up too, cause I barely did anything to you. Mommy is pulling up so do it now or I'ma tell her you were out here acting hot."

"But I wasn't." Ever sniffed.

"Athena." He looked her up and down.

Him calling her by her middle name caused her to tighten up. She knew then that he was serious and that she had really made him feel some type of way.

"Okay." She wiped her face with the quickness. "I'm sorry."

"Come on." He helped her grab her things and looked over his shoulder just as Miami's signature G-Wagon pulled up alongside the curb.

"Hey sister!" Messiah's small head popped out of the back seat window. She had a large smile plastered across her face, showcasing her toothless grin. She was only nine going on ten so she was going through the phase where all of her adult teeth were starting to sprout. Her long ponytails flowed in the wind and swung every which way. She always grew so excited whenever she'd see her siblings. "You look pretty." She earthed out. "Hi brother!"

"Mi Amour." August walked over to her and placed a kiss on her forehead. "Get back in the car and put your seatbelt on Siah." He instructed.

Messiah nodded, doing as told which allowed August to get into the passenger seat.

Ever shook her head and got her breathing under control before she walked around the truck and entered it, sliding into the back and throwing her bag down on the floor. She was so sick of her brother and his over-protective ways.

"You okay Evey?" Messiah pouted as she looked at her obviously bothered older sibling.

"Yeah." Ever laid her head back onto the headrest. "Just been a long day."

"You can go to sleep like Lele." Messiah pointed down at a very much sleeping Leanna. Her head was rested on Messiah's lap. Her eyes were shut as her mouth hung slightly ajar. She was snoring lightly and her hair was all over the place.

"Wake her up." Miami looked in the rearview mirror, her big sunglasses staring into Ever's face. "I'm dropping them off with their mom, today."

"Ooou can I go too? It's been a week since I've seen Ma. I miss her." Ever pulled out her phone preparing to send Sophia a text. "You coming too Aug?"

"Just make sure you guys let her know, but other than that I don't care." Miami shrugged.

"You not gonna' say hi to Mommy?" August looked back at Ever with a mug on his face.

Ever ignored him and held up her phone, pressing send on the message she had typed out for Sophia.

"You don't hear me talking to you?!" He raised his voice.

"Watch your tone that's one and for two she doesn't need to say much, she's obviously in a bad mood and I know why because I seen everything when I was pulling in." Miami came to Ever's defense. "I don't know how many times I have to say this but if you put your hands on your sister as if she's your daughter or something, one more time." She eyed him. "God so help me Elijah, I will beat the fuck out of you." She cocked her head to the side daring him to try her. "You're not her father or any parent to her, so keep your fucking hands to yourself!" She sent a light smack to the back of his head. "I'm serious."

"Okay." August rubbed the spot she had hit. "I'm sorry Mommy."

"Don't apologize to me." Miami pulled out a tube of lipgloss and began applying it to her lips.

"Ma what time is it?" Messiah looked towards Miami.

"Almost four, why?"

"He's late." She pouted.

"Just by a couple minutes Si. Don't worry." August looked back at her.

"Lele." Ever shook her younger sister. "Wake up."

"But he's never late." Messiah sighed as a couple tears began to fall from her eyes.

"Messiah Amour." Miami looked back at her. "Stop it right now."

Messiah sniffed and nodded her head. "I'm just saying because he—

Just then, the ringing of Miami's phone sounded throughout the car speaker causing Messiah to tighten up and dry her face. Leanna popped up with the quickness, now fully awake while Ever cracked a smile and August nodded in amusement.

Miami rolled her eyes and faced forward. She pressed the accept icon that was posted up on her dashboard, and waited patiently for the call to connect.

"You have a collect call from 'Elijah Kingston" His voice took over the car. "A current inmate at Rikers Island Correctional Facility. You will be charged twenty-five cents per minute. This call will be recorded as timed. Keep in mind that anything incriminating and inappropriate can be used against you and the inmate on the line. If you choose to accept these charges, press o—

August reached over, pressing one since he already knew the deal. It didn't take long for Elijah's voice to fully come in which caused everyone's spirits to uplift.

"Wassup family?!"

"Hi Dad!" All of the kids rejoiced.

"How you guys doing?" E cleared his throat. "Y'all behaving? Doing what you're supposed to do in school?"

"Yeah!"

"Daddy guess what?" Messiah pipped up. "I got a gold star today and I stayed on green all day. And we started learning about Multiplication and it was easy for me cause Mommy's been teaching me! Ma and Mommy, both."

"Oh really?" Elijah questioned, genuinely impressed and proud. "Good job Messiah, keep up the good work. I love you, keep making me proud. Leanna, how was it?"

"I didn't get sent to the office today." Leanna smiled. "I've been on my best behavior since we had our conversation."

"That's wassup. Twins?"

"The next game there's some scouts coming out just to see me and Harlem, Dad." August cheesed.

"My teacher loved my project so much, she wants to enter it into the state fair." Ever bragged. "I think I might alter it a bit though just so it's guaranteed I come out number one."

"Damn I miss y'all." Elijah laughed, though nothing was funny. It was a coping mechanism of his. He learned while serving time all those years back, that Rikers wasn't the place to show any sad emotions. It could either be anger or numbness, and occasionally some happiness but nothing else in between.

"We miss you too." They spoke in unison.

"I'm so proud of you guys and who you've become. Just being in here and knowing that you guys are representing me and your mothers in the best way you can is what gets me through the days. I love you all so much, man."

"We love you too."

"You now have fifteen seconds remaining." The automated system cut in.

"Just keep it up is all I gotta' say and I'll talk to you guys later."

"Okay."

"Aye Miami?" Elijah grabbed her attention.

"Yes?" She cleared her throat.

"I have another court date coming up soon. I received some news about it that I want to share with you. So expect a call from that number later on from me, okay?"

"K." She nodded even though he couldn't see her.

"Cool. I um— I love you." He whispered.

Ever looked over her mother who seemed to now be in a frozen state. Something that occurred whenever her father would voice those three words.

"You hear me?" He cleared his throat.

"Yeah. Goodbye E." She found her voice just as the call ended.

And just like all of the other times, Ever witnessed her mom not say those certain four words in return.

Miami exhaled and looked back at the kids who all seemed to be down and in their own thoughts. Shaking her head she placed her phone on the Aux and handed it off to August, before finally pulling out of the school. "Go ahead, do your thing." She encouraged.

"Any suggestions?" August scrolled through her music selection, directing the question to his sisters.

The girls remained silent.

"Never mind." He smiled once his eyes landed on a certain song. "I know what to do."

Soon enough the familiar beat of what was known as the family anthem erupted throughout the speakers of the vehicle, causing everyone's face to fill with bright smiles.

Miami tapped the steering wheel to the beat before looking in the rearview mirrors at her girls. "Y'all ready?!" She gassed.

"Let's get it!" August followed up.

"I PULL UP AT THE CLUB V.I.P!" They all shouted in unison.

a meaningless promise made....

From

Miami Torrance

To

Elijah Kingston

__ __ __

MIAMI FROWNED AS SHE PULLED INTO the driveway of her two-story home, to find too many people for her liking coating her front porch. Though the kids still attended school in Brooklyn and with the majority of her businesses, her family, friends, and associates all residing there—she relocated her living situation to the outskirts of New York where it was much safer and away from all of the chaos and out of the mix. Just as she had grown to favor.

"You having a party or something?" August frowned right along with his mother. "Pops home?"

"I don't know to both questions but we're about to find out." She rolled her eyes and took the key out of the ignition.

"I got your bags." August climbed out of the car with her purse and the small amount of groceries she had picked up, on the way back from dropping the girls off with Sophia.

"Thank you." She popped her door open and braced her protruding stomach as she stepped down from the truck.

Miami was now going on eight months pregnant and carrying very large for somebody who was only birthing one child.

"Oh this picture is cute Ma, you took this earlier?" August observed the picture Miami sent to their family group chat.

"Yes, I did." Miami nodded her head, and continued to brace herself. "Jesus." She called out as she closed the door behind her. Her newly cut hair, that was styled into a bob swayed back and forth, due to the sudden breeze.

Pulling up the sides of her all black off the shoulder fitted jumpsuit, Miami placed her Dior sunglass on the top of her head and waddled her way to the porch where she was greeted by some of her favorite people.

"Baby mama." Julius smiled brightly at the sight of Miami.

"Hey Ju." She braced herself as he swooped her up and swung her around, placing kisses all over her face. "Okay. Expecting. Lightheaded. Down." She instructed as he laughed and put her down to her feet.

"My bad, I be forgetting you're pregnant."

"Nigga you literally just called her your—okay." Kian shook his head and went back to talking on the phone.

"Hi brother." Miami placed a hand on her hip and rolled her neck.

"Wassup fat ass?" He gave her a side hug. "What you say babe?" He pulled the phone back to his ear. "Yazmine did what?!"

"So you just don't see me here?" A nine year old Saint, looked at his favorite Aunt with a smug look covering his young fawn shaded face.  He was the exact replica of his father.

"Or me?" Kassius pouted looking exactly like his mother. Everything from his skin tone, to the shape of his lips, his build, and thick curly hair was inherited from Saniya. While his eyebrows, goofy personality, and strong temper was all Julius.

"Hi Kash and Saint, my babies." Miami walked over and gave them big kisses. "You hungry?"

"No. We just ate." Saint spoke for the both of them, like always.

"Alright then, well come in when you are."

"Where's my hug at?" Kareem faked a sad face.

"Or mine?" Justin shook his head. "The fuck?"

"I'm just trying to figure out why everyone's here." Miami laughed as she hugged the two. "Excuse me." She went around them as they all followed her into her home.

"Auntie Mimi!" Uzziah looked up from watching basketball highlights on Youtube from his father's phone. "Hi!"

"Hey." Miami walked over to him and hugged him. "Why is the TV so loud?!" She smacked Vaughn on the shoulder.

"Mama, could you make chicken Alfredo tonight?" August came down the stairs in some sweatpants and a wife beater. "Pops is upstairs by the way, he just woke up."

"Okay and yes." She sighed. "Eyce and Halo, stop it!" She scolded the two animals being that they were humping in the corner. "Your babies would look retarded as fuck, so just stop it!"

"Where my best bitch at?" Nichelle entered the home. Her belly being the first thing everyone could see. She was currently eight months pregnant, her due date being two weeks before Miami's. She was expecting a girl, her first child, and couldn't be happier.

"Assata!" Toriauna entered the house running after her eight year old daughter. "I should of stopped after her." She expressed as she watched Sata attack Uzziah with a hug.

"Bitch you're pregnant?!" Nichelle gasped.

"Girl yes. Six weeks and I really wished I got back on birth control because I only wanted two."

"Too bad." O'Sai entered the home with their eleven month old daughter: Aura on his hip. "You're gonna' take as much as my dick blesses you with." He teased, and slapped her plump backside with his bare hand. "Wassup y'all?"

"Hey." Miami waved. "Where's buddha?"

"In the car on the phone." Nichelle rolled her eyes.

"Okay well. Make yourselves comfortable, I'm gonna go see my husband." She waved her left hand into the air. Her nine carot Rose Gold, Neil Lane engagement ring, along with the wedding band to match, sparkled-with each direction she moved it in.

"Bye girl." Nichelle laughed at her friends antics.

"Baby?!" Miami called out as she made her up with the long staircase to the room she shared with her boyfriend of three years and current husband of two.

She opened the door and shut it behind her, instantly stripping down to her bra and panties. This pregnancy honestly had her hating clothes.

She heard the faucet water running from their adjoining bathroom and headed in that direction. The door was already opened giving her a full view of her man.

He was leaning towards the mirror in nothing but his underwear. His face focused as he observed his facial hairs. He was getting ready to shave right before Miami walked in.

"Ooouu look at my fine ass husband." Miami laughed and skipped over to Zeke who was now facing her with his arms open and ready.

"Hey mamas." He brought her into his body, being mindful of her stomach he made sure not to squeeze too tightly as she nestled into the embrace. "I missed you." He leaned down and kissed her lips.

"I missed you more." She moaned against his lips. "Let's do it." She stepped back tugging at the rim of his briefs.

"Damn horn dog." He laughed. "Relax. I thought we established that your stomach was getting too big for that?" He looked her over. "I'm not tryna' be poking my lil' mans just cause his mama can't control her urges."

"Whatever." Miami playfully rolled her eyes and leaned up kissing him again. "Alfredo for dinner sound good?"

"Let me cook." He placed his fingers in her hair and started massaging her scalp. "I need you off of your feet baby, they're swelling." He looked down at her feet. "Wassup Zayne?" He leaned down to talk to her belly. "How you doing son?"

"Alright now." Miami rubbed over her stomach since she felt a few kicks. "You got him moving."

"Good." He spun her around and smacked her butt. "Now I need you moving, to that bed."

"Are you gonna do that thing I like?" She looked over her shoulder and winked.

"You better stop." He placed his hands on her waist and walked her to the bed. "Get comfortable and don't move until dinner is done." He lifted her up and placed her under the covers.

"Okay." Miami nodded and puckered her lips out for a kiss, Zeke reached down and placed one on her lips causing her to smirk. "Hey, but could you tell the girls to come up? We have some catching up to do."

"Gotchu."

"And why don't you invite Zedekiah and London and have them bring the kids over too? You might as well I mean all my people are here."

"They might have something going on but I'll see."

"Buddha and O'Sai are downstairs too. Is there something that you're planning?" She flexed her eyebrows together.

"I genuinely don't have anything going on." He held his hands up in dismay. "Maybe everyone just decided to pop up today, who knows."

"Yeah." Miami looked elsewhere. "Okay. I love you, I'll be up here."

"Good." He kissed her again. "I'ma put my clothes on then go greet everybody."

Miami nodded and pulled out her phone, heading to her emails so that she could handle some business matters. Before she knew it, both Nichelle and Tori were at her feet going on and on about God knows what. She hadn't even realized they entered the room, or had been talking to her for that matter but once she completed all of her emails she was able to put all of her attention on them.

"And you know Mercedes and Spank been fucking again?" Tori pursed her lips forward and shook her head.

"While I mean they do have a daughter together so. And they really love each other no matter how much Cedes tries to play hard." Nichelle voiced. "She should stop playing with him and give him a chance."

"It's because she wants that perfect life with Adonis's father." Miami intervened. "But let's not talk about my sister, please. Neither one of them." She sent a look Nichelle's way.

"Don't worry. I wasn't even gonna' bring up the fact that Marissa saw Taylor at the strip club a couple weeks back. On the pole that is." Nichelle cocked her head to the side. "Have any of you spoken to Jayelle though?"

"Shes still on vacation with Nasir and Dakota." Miami responded, choosing to ignore Nichelle's previous comments.

"Aw." Tori coo'ed. "They're so cute, and Nas really stepped up for Kota. I respect him so much for that."

"Yep. Lai is pregnant again too, and y'all know Karter had a kid with Yi?!" Nichelle popped up. "Am I just really late on the news or?"

"Yes." Miami laughed. "You talking about Audrey? That child is like the same age as Kash, you're late as hell. Congratulations to Ace though, I'm happy for him."

"The shade." Tori shook her head. "Why just him, huh?" She teased.

"Girl bye. Ain't nobody worried about that girl." Miami sucked her teeth. "Both her and Spank think that they could treat me any type of way, just because they're best friends with E, and I had it in me to move on and not wait for his ass like I did all those years ago. Fuck them." She frowned. "I was young when I made all those promises, young when I built a relationship with that man, young when we had the twins, I was just young. Therefore, I wasn't thinking in the way that I am now, I've learned a lot, that was not what was best for me. Or him." She shrugged. "And besides, I'm also grown as hell now, so I'm not sitting back and taking the same shit that I used to. I just keep my distance and let them feel how they feel." She explained. "I'm married with three kids now, and two that are pretty much mine as well. I never had the time."

"Period!" Nichelle co-signed.

"But when are you going to tell Elijah this?" Tori lowered her voice.

"Tell him what?" Miami brought her brows together.

"That you're married, and pregnant. I think you should. Maybe then he'd stop sending you all those letters and calling you from his cell all the time. He still loves you and probably feels like there's still hope for you guys. I mean you did say that you were gonna' wait for him. I think you should tell him the truth, unless there still is hope?" Tori took her bottom lip into her mouth. "Is there?"

"What?" Miami frowned. "No! I've just been sparing his feelings because I know how hard it is for him in there. And how hard he'll take the news." She rubbed over her stomach.

"That's not a reason to keep your child a secret or your husband, though. It's been nine years and five since you fully moved on." Tori voiced. "So are you really trying to spare feelings, or are you just not convinced?"

"I'm one hundred percent convinced." Miami altered her posture and looked at the both of her friends with an overload of sincerity and honesty. "I love Zeke, and this new life of mine."

"So then you should tell him Mi." Nichelle entered the conversation.

"I know." Miami nodded and fumbled with her fingers. "He's calling me tonight about his case, I think I'll tell him then."

"You're going to do it over the phone?" Nichelle frowned.

"I only go to see him with the kids. I don't want to go up there for any extra reasoning. I think over the phone would be just fine." She established.

"If you say so." Nichelle looked at her, weirdly.

"It'll be fine, don't worry." Miami waved her friend off. "Just fine."

a dream.

From

Elijah Kingston Sr.

To

Miami Kingston

__ __ __

"LIGHTS OUT ON POD THIRTEEN." THE correctional's officer for the overnight shift, directed.

Elijah looked up and sighed just as all of the lights that coated the hallway went out. He was relieved that he could finally take the phone call, he had been anticipating to make for the whole day.

It had been a long nine years since he had last seen, or touched surface within the outside world. He missed everything about being free, the most was freedom itself.

Prison was sucking the life out of him. Yeah, his family held him down. Along with his friends and all of his supporters that looked up to him as a well known tattoo artist and business man. But being locked down like a caged animal, treated like scum, having to fight for something so small like food or something so major like his respect...it was draining. There were so many moments where he found himself wanting to give it all up and sadly take his own life. But then he thought of what he had to live for on the outside, and stood strong against all of the urges and bad thoughts.

The fact that there were so many issues with his case, was infuriating as well. He had only had three court hearings in the matter of nine years, and every single one of them were a bust. Lack of evidence, witnesses failing to show up, it was always something. He still had yet to be given his sentence. He hardly knew anything that was going on.

Until yesterday, when his lawyer and legal team hit him with the greatest news he had received while serving time.

Not only would the upcoming court date be the day he found out how much more time he had to be served. But the process would be much smoother because certain evidence was now labeled immiscible and wouldn't be held against him, while two out of three of these so called witnesses...had dropped out, Desiree being one.

Elijah couldn't wait, he was really confident about this next hearing. He had so many plans and things he wanted to handle once he was free. And though he shouldn't of been considering this...the main thing he needed to handle was Angel.

The last he heard, the man had disappeared after his show at the wedding. Right along with Miami's aunt- Aphrodite who in E's opinion was just as trifling as Angel, but his issue was not with her.

He had a lot coming for Antwan 'Angel' Torrance.

Everything he had done and put him through was unforgivable and unforgettable. Not only had he taken him away from his businesses and his freedom, he had taken him away from his family. From his children! Therefore, it was real personal for Elijah. He wanted Angel dead and he wanted to do it himself. He wanted to look him in his eyes and take away his life, just as he had done to E, nine years prior.

"You ready bro?" His cellmate: Marcellus, broke him from his deep thoughts. He hung over the edge of the bunk bed with the flip phone in his hand. "Roberts just passed by, so you got a good ten minutes before he makes his way back to this row." He handed the phone off to Elijah.

"Good looks." Elijah cleared his throat and flipped the phone up, quickly dialing Miami's number. He brought the phone to his ear just as the last few sets of ringing sounded, before she finally picked it.

Her soft voice sighed into the phone. He could picture her rolling her eyes and biting her bottom lip. "So what's the news Elijah?" She got straight to the point, throwing him off.

"Hello to you too." He countered. "My day was okay, how was yours? Let's start there."

"The news." Her voice grew stone. "Stop playing."

"What's the matter wit' you?" He rose up in the bed and moved to the side, kicking his feet over and letting them hit the ground. "Huh? What did I do now?"

"Nothing. It's just." She exhaled. "What's up with the court date E?"

"We lost some key eye witnesses and certain evidence won't even be put to use since they keep having problems with it." He smiled. "So this session will be the one where I finally learn how much more time I have left to serve. With lack of evidence and witnesses, I can't be charged with Common's murder or the destruction of the school, so I don't think I'll be in here much longer."

"How if you still have two more murders left on your belt?" She lowered her voice.

"You don't have to whisper." He chuckled. "These calls aren't monitored."

"I know I'm just used to it I guess." She laughed along with him.

"But as far as your concerns, you know I didn't kill Caleb or Common. I plan on taking full accountability for Rashad but I'm not about to be locked up here any longer for some shit I didn't do. I'll be pleading not guilty for Caleb's and the same with my Uncle, and guilty for...you know."

"Yeah." Miami cleared her throat. "I hope it all works out. Would you like for the kids to be there or?"

"Of course not." He shook his head. "I don't want you telling them, either. I wouldn't want their hopes to be given up, if anything."

"I understand." Miami nodded, though he couldn't see her. "I'll just be there then. But it's funny you mention hope though...because I do have some things to share with you."

"Oh boy." He groaned, in a playful manner. "What's that?"

"And I already know how you're going to react. I just want to let you know that this doesn't change anything. I still love you as the father of my children and I still am going to support you through all of this." She explained.

"Miami." Elijah deadpanned. "What is it?"

"I'm pregnant E." She admitted. "And I'm married, I have been for two years. And I've been with him for a total of five. I'm happy and I love him with all of me and so the late night calls have to stop. The letters you continuously send me, they have to stop. Everything that is not about the children or your case... it has to stop. Okay? I'm sorry but its been going on for too long and I can't do my husband like that, or our family. I'll continue to be there for you, as I mentioned before but there has to be some boundaries now. Okay?" The line went completely silent as she waited on any form of a response from him. "E? Are you there?" Her voice shuddered. "Look I apologize for—

"Congratulations." His stale tone and response shook her.

"Huh?"

"I said Congrats to you and whoever that nigga might be." He repeated.

"That's it?" Miami frowned. He could hear the displeasure in her voice.

"That's it." He shrugged.

"Okay well." She cleared her throat. "I'm happy I could get that off my chest." She exhaled. "So when's the hearing, again?"

"Don't come." Elijah voiced.

"What? But you just said—

"And I think it'd be more appealing to your situation, if Sophia or my mother were to start taking the kids up here to see me now."

"Okay now you're just being irrational E." Miami chuckled.

"I'm not being anything." He shook his head. "I'm happy for you. Marriage is something you've always wanted, and another kid?" He nodded. "I'm happy you're finally happy. Just wish I could have my happy ending too."

"Elijah don't do that." Her voice remained calm. "Listen I am sorry but—

"Goodbye Miami." He hung the phone up and tossed it under his pillow, not even caring to properly hide it.

"You straight bro?" Marcellus cleared his throat. He had been ear hustling hard and overheard the whole conversation.

Elijah ignored him and looked to the side of his bed, where he had a ton of pictures of his family and friends posted up on the wall. His eyes moved over to a drawing of Miami he had made his second year in, he lifted his hand up and rubbed it over before quickly snatching it down, just as his heart finally exploded and the tears began to full.

He ripped the paper up as his teary eyes clouded his vision. All of the memories of the two flowed throughout his brain as he continued to shred the drawing up. From the moment they met, to their first kiss, date, the moment he said he loved her for the first time. He thought of the look on her face when they made love for the first time, losing the war, the moment he left her and his children behind. The day he returned and ran into her, all of the arguing, the rough and passionate sex, the fighting, the hateful words they exchanged, the constant back and forth, the moment he was ripped out of her arms at her grandmother's wedding, the look on her face when he told her he would always love her and finally the feeling he felt when she said she'd wait for him once again.

By time he was done, the paper and only physical memory of her in his possession...was no more.

It was completely destroyed as was his hope for them. A good fifteen or so years of loving her, just to be left with nothing in the end. While she was able to live her life, happily married with another child on the way all the while taking care of his children that he wasn't allowed to see grow up. And while she still was promising to be there for him....to wait for him. This was something that Elijah hadn't asked of her, but something that she went out of her way to say but now it was evident after all this time of leading him on, it was something that she couldn't bring herself to actually do.

Therefore, in that instant Elijah felt his body grow cold. He now understood why Common was once so heartless, and why Angel was so bitter. Just as them, love had became his worst enemy.

Though he did have his children to think for that feeling...for love. His children that he hoped due to his absence wouldn't be affected by all of the the trials and tribulations that came with the family name. But most importantly, he prayed that none of his children ended up like him. Whether it had to do with their own actions or love, he would never want for them to be where he was.....

Locked up, lost, free of any hope or strength.

They deserved so much better. He wished that he was out there with them to prove and show it to them. He wished he was in their lives the way that he wanted to be. He wished he could be a hands on father and not a handcuffed one. However, he wasn't because he didn't have that option, and without that additional guidance life could be extremely hard for the four.

In that moment, as the walls of the six by eight he had been confined to seemed to be caving in, Elijah was able to resonate with the fact that this wasn't necessarily the result of all love but it's own separate set of a love.

This was the result that came when a Kingston loves a Torrance.

The End.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

CONSEQUENCES Da boo

Teen Fiction

7.4K 235 42
𝕭𝖚𝖙 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝕳𝖆𝖘 𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖘𝖊𝖖𝖚𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖊𝖘
HEAUX TALES Da DonDada

Storie d'amore

28.5K 1.4K 13
❝This is just my truth,❞
745K 29.2K 82
I found a way It was so hard to get what I wanted, I found a way I had to sacrifice for this life, I found a way ⚠️CONTAINS EXPLICIT AND GRAPHIC CONT...
66.5K 2.4K 20
Just read 💙