The Runaway Mate

Od kate241

The Runaway Mate Carly Faye isn't your average seventeen year old werewolf, she's anything but actually. Havi... Viac

The Runaway Mate
Chapter:1
Chapter:2
Chapter:3
Chapter:4
Chapter:5
Chapter:6
Chapter:7
Chapter:8
Chapter:9
Chapter:10
Chapter:11
Chapter:12
Chapter: 13
Chapter: 14
Chapter:15
Chapter 16
Chapter: 18
Chapter : 19
Chapter: 20
Chapter: 21
Chapter: 22
Chapter : 23
Chapter : 24
Chapter: 25
Chapter : 26
Chapter : 27
Chapter:28
Chapter : 29
Chapter:30
Chapter : 31
Chapter:32
Chapter : 33
Chapter:34
Chapter:35
Epilogue

Chapter:17

209K 7.3K 2.1K
Od kate241

Carly

"Mommy, mommy, wake up!" Aiden cried as he barreled into my room, climbing onto my bed and proceeding to jump on me. I groaned as he landed, knocking the wind out of me, before wrapping my arms around him.

"Come on mommy its time to go!" Aidens excitement was contagious and soon enough I was out of bed and getting dressed into warm clothing. December had arrived quicker then I had anticipated and I was more then surprised when Gracie had mentioned going Christmas gift shopping last week.

She had told me that a lot of the pack was going and that it was a yearly tradition that they have all done together for years. I really had no choice in the matter once Aiden heard about it. The little boy has been waiting all week to go shopping for all of us.

Though he still believes in Santa Claus Aiden has been rambling non stop about being able to buy Christmas gifts for his 'family'. The first time that Aiden had called our pack his family was about a week ago and I had nearly cried when he did.

"Im coming, Im coming." I laughed as Aiden tugged on my hand, trying to pull me down the stairs with him. I saw Xavier, Gracie and the rest of the group waiting at the bottom of the stairs and laughed when Aiden shrieked and ran to Xavier.

Xavier picked Aiden up and spun him in a circle, laughing at Aidens giggling. I cautiously joined the group, skillfully avoiding eye contact with Xavier. Our almost kiss had happened about two weeks ago and since then I have felt nothing but awkward around Xavier. He has been trying to get me to talk to him since it happened but I just haven't had the courage to.

Now that Xavier and I had almost crossed the bridge that would lead to more then friendship my mind has been spinning. Im not completely sure if Im ready for that kind of relationship, not after everything that has happened to me in the last three years.

"You ready to go?" Faith asked me as she gently nudged my side, snapping me out of my thoughts. I nodded my head and followed the group out the door Xavier still had Aiden in his arms and I frowned when I realized that Xavier was strapping Aiden into the booster seat that he had in his car.

I silently groaned when I realized that that meant that I had to ride with Xavier. I slowly climbed into his sleek black car, buckling my seat belt, and turning back to see that Aiden was properly buckled in. Xavier started up the car and for about three minutes we drove in silence.

"Carly will you please talk to me?" Xavier questioned, breaking the silence. I closed my eyes and sighed, not wanting to have this conversation at the moment.

"What do you mean?" I questioned dumbly. I saw Xavier frown from the corner of my eye and glance to me.

"You know what I mean. Ever since we almost kissed you've been acting so different around me and I hate it. Im sorry for what happened, I really am, but you don't need to shut me out. I understand that you don't want to take that step with me and Im not going to try to make you but can we at least go back to being friends?"

Xaviers voice was soft and it immediately hit me in my soft spot. I sighed once again and turned my body to face Xavier, looking him in his bright eyes.

"Im sorry. I just don't know how to handle this. I don't even have my life together and I have Aiden to worry about and then there's Mason and I just cant handle a relationship like .. that at the moment." I breathed out, breaking eye contact. I glanced in the mirror and saw that AIden was staring out the window, ignoring mine and Xaviers conversation.

"I understand that Carly and Im not going to try to make you do something that you don't want to do. Im just asking you to stop shutting me out, I care about you so much." He ended in a whisper.

By now we had arrived at the mall and Xavier had parked the car. I could hear that Aiden was beginning to get restless again so I knew that this conversation had to end soon.

"Thank you Xavier. I care about you to but I cant have a relationship with you right now, but maybe in the future when things calm down something can .. happen." I ended my conversation before taking a deep breath and leaning over the middle console, planting my lips on Xaviers.

The kiss was soft and only lasted for a few seconds before I pulled away and rested my for head against Xaviers. His breath was soft and washed against my face, making me shiver. As soon as I opened my eyes they connected with a pair of bright, icy blue ones. I could see the electricity in Xaviers eyes and it was so intense that I pulled away from him, blushing.

"Mommy, Xav, lets go." Aiden called out from the back seat. It was like my son broke me out of a trance. I unbuckled my seat belt and got out of the car, getting Aiden out of his seat. Xavier was standing on the other side of the car, waiting for us, and the smile on his face was so bright that it was practically blinding.

"So what does that mean exactly?" Xavier questioned when we reached him, a cheeky smile partnering with the question. I rolled my eyes but couldn't keep a small smile off of my face.

"Dont over think it alpha." I teased, walking ahead of him. Xavier was quick to join me. He didnt speak the rest of the way in but I could practically feel his ego at the moment.

We joined the rest of the group at the doors and as soon as we walked into the large mall Aiden was squirming and calling for me to let him down. I chuckled and set him onto his feet, taking his small hand in mine.

I let Aiden lead me into whatever store caught his eye, Xavier following close behind. For the next hour or so we continued to do this, letting Aiden pick out whatever he wanted for whoever he wanted. Since I no longer felt uncomfortable around Xavier we easily fell into conversation as we watched Aiden skip around store to store, thouroughly enjoying himself.

At half past noon Xavier, Aiden and I made our way to the food court to meet up with the others. Our friends were in sight and as we were making our way to them a scent hit me. This particular scent was one that was extremely familiar to me, a scent that immediately made my wolf come to life.

'Mate! Mate! Mate!' My wolf howled out in my head. I could feel her trying to take control of my body and I had to use every ounce of self control that I had to stop her from doing so.

I had stopped right where I was when I had smelt it and though I could hear Xavier calling out to me I ignored him and swiveled my head all around, trying to locate him, the center of all of my fears. My heart was pounding a mile a minute and my senses were in overdrive.

It was as if everything stopped when my eyes landed on him. All noise disappeared, my breathing stopped and I saw nothing but him. The taste of fear in my mouth was disgusting and the ice in my veins was painful.

The only thing that could break me out of this fear induced coma was the voice of my son, of my baby boy, yelling the only thing that I have never wanted to hear.

"Daddy!" Aiden exclaimed. I felt as he pulled his hand from my grip and watched, frozen, as he ran the fifty or so feet to his father, to Mason. As soon as Mason took Aiden into his arms my body kicked into drive.

"Aiden!" I cried out, panic clear in my voice. My son glanced back at me but he was to happy to finally see his father again. My body had a mind of its own and my feet began to lead me towards my son. I felt a pair of arms wrap around me, stopping me. I squirmed and cried until the person, who I recognized as Xavier, began to speak.

"Calm down Carly, calm down. Dont make a sight around the humans. Xaviers voice was quiet and soothing but it didnt help me whatsoever.

"My baby! My baby!" I cried, beginning to squirm again. Mason was watching us with an amused smile as he held Aiden in his arms. I could see that Aiden was beginning to realize that what he had done wasnt correct because he began to call for me.

This only kicked me into overdrive and before I knew what I was doing I sunk my teeth into Xaviers arm, successfully making him release me. As soon as I was free I sprinted to them, ignoring my fear. My arms reached out for Aiden and surprisingly Mason let me take him from his arms.

I buried my face in my babies neck, taking in his scent and slightly realizing, that is until I felt a arm wrap around my waist. This arm scent electric shocks up my whole body but it wasn't a pleasant feeling as some might think.

Mason pulled my body to his and took in my scent, disgust filling my body. I held Aiden closer to me and looked across the court, at my pack members. I could see that Xavier was having a hard time controlling himself, as was the other men, while Gracie and Faith looked terrified.

I didnt get to look at them for much longer before Mason gripped my small wrist in an iron like grip, making me flinch. I hardly resisted him as he harshly dragged me through the mall and outside, to the back of the large building.

I could hear my pack following behind us but I knew that they couldnt stop what was to come. Mason released me and not a second later did he take our son from me, handing him off to Zach. I whimpered and closed my eyes when I saw Mason raise his hand.

Though I knew hat it was coming it didnt help with the pain when Masons hand connected with my cheek, sending me to the ground. I breathed out and prepared myself for more to come. Mason tangled his hands in my hair and pulled me to my feet, launching his fist into my face.

I finced and tried to keep on my feet as he let me go. I once again fell to the ground as another slap was delivered to my face. Suddenly a loud growl sounded and I watched as Xavier threw himself at Mason, knocking him to the ground.

I crawled away from them and looked for my son but he was nowhere in sight. Panic began to crawl up my throat. I could hear the two men going at it behind me but I wasnt occupied with that. After a few more seconds of searching I saw Aiden in the back seat of a white car.

I tried to open the door but it was locked. I could hear Aidens crying and whimpering through the window and it only made me angry. I began to bang my fists on the window but before I could do any real damage a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist and swung me away from the car, throwing me into the air.

A small cry left my lips but I didnt get the chance to reach the ground before Xavier caught me in his strong embrace, making my aching body hurt even more. I snapped my head up and saw that a very beat up Mason was getting into the back seat, taking a crying Aiden in his arms.

The engine started up which made me begin to cry. I realized what he was going to do and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I watched and cried in Xaviers arms as the large white car drove away, taking my baby from me.

........................................................................................................................................................................

Hey guys! So this is a long chapter and I didnt take a month to write it so thats good, haha. Anyways I hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading!

- Katelynn (:

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

22M 313K 43
Rainie Harper was like every other wolf who dreamed of finding her mate. A mate who loved her and made her smile with every word he spoke. A mate w...
505K 16.3K 31
Natalie was raised in a world where there is nothing more sacred than the mate bond. She lived with that belief all of her life, but when one of her...
144K 3.1K 15
Aubrey Edwards is a seventeen year old werewolf. Her father is the Beta of her pack. Drake Evans is a eighteen year old werewolf. His father is the A...
1.3M 42.3K 41
"It was my fault." I stated looking down at my slowly growing clammy hands. He would never forgive me after I told him this. My deepest darkest secre...