My Rebellious Mate.

Maroon1479 द्वारा

RUSSO'S BOOK TWO! Lena is the like all the other Russo’s; she loving, funny, caring, popular, and of course... अधिक

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty-One.
Chapter Twenty-Two.
Chapter Twenty-Three.
Chapter Twenty-Four.
Chapter Twenty-Fve.
Chapter Twenty-Six.
Chapter Twenty-Seven.
Epilogue.
Extra #One.
Extra #Two.
Extra #Three.
Extra #Four.

Chapter Six

76.2K 1.5K 129
Maroon1479 द्वारा

Lena shifted awkwardly on the floor of Darien's as she watched "Wrath of the Titans", the movie Darien had picked out. She wanted to make a move. Since the movie had started, they were just sitting next to each other awkwardly, not even talking.

She tried to think of something that would get Darien's attention, but her mind came back blank. Lena never had to try to get a guy's attention before; she never liked anyone before. It was kind of hard to like anyone when another part of you wanted only one person.

Lena knew it was stupid to try to kiss Darien after only two days of knowing each other, but she wanted to so badly. She could feel her cheeks redden, but he was her mate, there was nothing to be embarrassed about. Deep down, Lena knew that Darien wanted to kiss her back—even if he didn’t want to admit it to himself. He needed her, just like she needed him.

She hesitated, nervous. She turned toward him and closed her eyes, ready for him to notice and kiss her. After a moment of nothing happening, Lena began to feel awkward, she mentally asked herself why she thought this was a good idea.

Lena then heard a strange noise. Her eyebrows came together and she opened her eyes to find Darien fast asleep and snoring! Her face dropped. She didn’t even realize he had fallen asleep, that explains why he wasn’t moving much! She closed her mouth and sighed. No kiss for her today.

Lena checked the time on her phone; she didn’t need to be over at Angelina's to watch Tyler for another hour and half, but she figured should make her way home before her dad gets worried.

Lena hasn't told her parents about her mate because she doesn’t want to yet; at least not until they've become a couple. Plus, Darien was not the type of boy to bring home to the parents.

She wrapped Darien's arm around her shoulder and lifted him up from the floor, placing him on his bed. Lena thought he was so adorable while sleeping. He looked so peaceful and handsome; she couldn’t help but stare.

Lena grabbed the blanket that was on the floor and wrapped him up in it. She couldn’t stop herself from leaning down and kissing his forehead. She wasn't sure how a kiss turned in to her lying next to Darien, him moving his arm around her shoulder and her head on his chest, but she didn't mind.

Dad could wait twenty more minutes, she thought, snuggling closer to Darien and closing her eyes.

*

Lena ringtone went off loudly, surprising her and causing her to jump and fall off Darien's bed. Lena searched her pockets for her phone until she found it on a table. She saw that it was Angelina calling and saw the time. “Crap." she cursed and answered. “Angie, hey, I’m on my way, I’ll be there in five minutes!"

“Okay, I was making sure you were still coming. I have to be at the hospital in fifteen minutes." she said.

Lena chuckled, “Of course I’m going to be there. You just get yourself something to eat and I’ll be there soon.”

“Great, Lena, thanks. See you soon.”

“Yuppers," Lena replied before ending the call. She took a deep breath and rubbed her eyes as she turned around. She noticed Darien sitting up, rubbing his eyes.

“Were you sleeping next to me?” he asked.

Lena's cheeks turned crimson red, “What? No!”

“Really? Because it felt like you were ten minutes ago," he said with a grin.

“Well…well…you didn’t seem to mind if you didn’t move me!” she said, pointing at him. “And you fell asleep during the movie! Who does that when they have guest!”

“This isn’t my home," he said, frowning again. “Just…temporary.”

“Temporary?” she questioned, wondering what he meant by that. “What do you mean—?”

“Nothing," he said, getting up from the bed and stretching. His shirt rode up with his arms and Lena saw his V shaped waist and her mouth dropped and she practically started drooling. She had to hold herself back from attacking him and making a little pup herself, just like her brothers were doing.

“Excuse me?” he asked, letting his arms back down.

Her face burned now, “N-nothing. I have to go," she said, leaving the room and running over to the door. “I have to babysit tonight.” She grabbed her bag. Lena opened the door and turned to wave goodbye to Darien, “Bye! See you in school tomorrow!”

She didn’t breathe until she was out of the apartment. She has never been so embarrassed before.

*

Lena knocked on Angelina's door and had to wait a few seconds before she answered. Angie opened the door and breathed out heavily, grabbing her and pulling her in to the apartment. “Thank God you’re here, I need to get going or I’ll be late," she said as Tyler ran into the room screaming Lena's name. Angelina bent down and kissed his cheek. “You be good, Ty. Mrs. Humprey should be over by ten to watch him then," she said.

“Okay," Lena said.

She walked out of the apartment room and blew Tyler a kiss before closing the door and left. I put my bag down and looked down at six year old Tyler who had chocolate stains on his white t-shirt. His once blonde hair was slowly turning dirty blonde and would probably be close to brown like Abigail's.

“Did you get in the fridge and take the chocolate syrup again?” Lena asked.

“Mommy didn’t even notice," he giggled as he winked.

She took his hand in hers and went into the kitchen, placing him on the counter. She took his shirt off and went over to the bathroom, putting it in the hamper and grabbed him a new shirt.

“Have Abigail and Scott called this week?” Lena asked Tyler as she came out with his Iron Man shirt.

“Yeah, she says she felt Jaycee kick again.” he said about Abigail. She was six months pregnant with Lena's first niece. Lena was so happy when she found out the gender because she already has four nephews; Skyler and Haley have two boys, Nikki and Zac, Shay and Victoria have their one and half year old son, Ace, and Tristan and Colleen just had little boy named Micah. Scott and Abigail are having the first little girl and she’s spoiled already.

“Did she?” Lena asked.

“Yeah," he said. “I miss Abby though." he pouted as Lena put a new shirt on.

“I miss her too," Lena said. “But they're coming back from New Jersey for my birthday in three weeks, so you’ll see her again and her round belly.”

“Who do you think Jaycee would look like? Scott or Abigail?” he asked. He asks about fifty thousand questions a day.

Lena shrugged. “I don’t know, we have to wait until Jaycee here to know. Now,” she said, helping him off the counter, “No more chocolate syrup. TV until nine and then bed.”

He pursed his lips, “Or more syrup, no bath, and no bed!”

“Haha, not happening. Now go watch TV while I make us some dinner," she said. Tyler turned around grumpily to go to the living room.

As Lena made dinner for Tyler, she couldn’t stop thinking about Darien.

*

Darien stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around his waist. He ran his hand across the foggy mirror and saw himself. He had a tattoo on his chest of his mother's Gemini zodiac sign and his Libra scale. He knew a guy who was friends with a tattoo artist who did work for cheap; only cost him twenty-five dollars.

But that wasn’t what Darien was looking at. He touched one of the inch sized scars on his waist, flashing back to the day he had gotten it. He was nine and the metal on his father's belt came lose and cut him.

Another one on his stomach was an inch and half long. His father forced had forced him to cut himself one night when he was drunk and high; he thought Darien wouldn’t feel it and that he might have fun doing it. Darien had a few other scars that he couldn’t even remember how he had gotten them because he had blacked out from the pain.

Darien’s hands balled up into tight fist as he leaned on the sink, trying to control his anger.

He thought of his mother smiling down at him. Her warm loving smile always seemed to make him feel better. He never really understood why she never would leave his father, but Darien was sure his father would have found her through the people he associated were that were in gangs.

Darien's mother's smiling face suddenly morphed into Lena's. She was smiling and some of her soft brown hair fell in her face. He opened his eyes and got up from the sink.

He mentally smacked himself. "What are you doing thinking about Lena? You barely know her," he told himself, not wanting to think about that stubborn girl.

He was worried that if he kept thinking about her he was going to have to find a new place to live. He remembered how beautiful she looked when he had dreamed of her and when he found her sleeping in his arms.

"I have to get this girl out of my head." Darien said finally. "Time to be the asshole I am."

*

When Darien's first class was over and he was walking up to the front to leave, Mr. Beckett called his name, “Hey Darien, can I speak to you?"

Darien groaned to himself, turned around, and walked over to him, “Yes?”

“I would like to talk about last night's homework." Mr. Beckett said.

“What about it?” he asked, uncaringly.

“Well let's start by saying you didn’t even turn it in," he said.

“I was busy." Darien returned.

“With?” Mr. Beckett asked. Darien didn’t answer. He could have done it when Lena left, but he didn’t and he didn’t feel like doing it. “Darien, I understand who you are. I use to be you—”

“You don’t know me." Darien said.

“Sure I do." he said. “You’re the tough guy who can’t stand being told what to do. You’re the bully who doesn’t give a crap if he starts a fight and gets suspended. And I’m sure I don’t have to ask if you have ever drank, smoked, and at least have a few tattoos.”

Darien was getting annoyed now. “Look, Mr. Beckett, I have to get to my next class," he said angrily.

“Okay, Darien." he said. “But if you ever need someone to talk to who knows how it feels to be you, I’m here.”

“Thanks." he sarcastically said, leaving the room. Darien doesn’t need help from Mr. Beckett and he doesn’t need Lena. He can take care of himself.  

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

The White Wolf Tylar द्वारा

वेरवुल्फ़

2.7M 89.4K 62
Sydney Watkins is just an average girl trying to make her way through high school with her not so popular friends. When Sydney and her friends pull a...
2.6M 134K 71
There are certain things in life that everyone knows. When asked though, how they came to possess knowledge of this information, a confused look wil...
The teacher's baby Nellie Lindqvist द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

625K 7.6K 31
The bad boy's life changes when he suddenly becomes the teacher's baby...
Haven Mel-Belle द्वारा

वेरवुल्फ़

8.5M 296K 31
Aspiring writer Norah Jacobs needs an escape. In the span of two weeks, her corrupt brother has been jailed for murder and his partner has been hove...