Lauren/You - Childhood Sweeth...

Από KatyJauregui

Περισσότερα

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4 (Final Chapter)
Epilogue

Lauren/You - Childhood Sweethearts

14K 331 102
Από KatyJauregui

Lauren/You - Childhood Sweethearts – Prologue.

Summary: Lauren and You met when you were 5 years old. You had moved to the house right next to hers and from day one you hit off directly. You were everything to one another. You were childhood sweethearts and this until your 13 years old. She then became your girlfriend. But when She auditioned for the x-factor and realized that she had a chance in this music industry she broke up with you, telling you that she couldn't risk being with a girl in an industry that hated gay people. She broke up with you and broke you. You needed to get away to get over her so you did something unexpected, something you knew would take you away from your home for a long time, but you did it anyway since the longer you'll be away the more time you'll get to get over her. What happens when you come back and see her again??

A/N: Hey guys, Katy here (Author of so many fics that i'm too tired to write all of their titles haha). Anyway, this idea just popped into my mind when I woke up this morning and although I know that I have several fics already I chose to at least write down the prologue to know if any of you like it or something. So if you do like it, let me know...

Enjoy the prologue.

Your point of view.

6 years. It had been six years since the last time I had set a foot in the city. Miami. It was weird coming back to where my life started as not even two months ago I was in a place where I thought my life was going to end everyday. Things were different today though. When I took a breath, it wasn't the smell of death or of fear that invaded my nostrils, but the smell of happiness and normal life. Walking, I made my way to the house I had grown up at. I had missed my family so much but leaving was something I had needed to be better. I could have come back after the first two years but I felt the need to stay there, for all of the others. Now it was over though, now was the time that I came back to my old life. I knew she would be there, Lauren, but I couldn't care less at the moment. The only thing I cared about was being back home although I knew deep down that the thing I had missed the most wasn't my hometown but more childhood, along with my childhood sweethearts. She had broken up with me and at the time I hadn't understand why, because I was immature and I loved her too much, but today I could understand because I was grown up and I didn't love her anymore, at least that was what I liked to tell myself.

My sister was the only person who knew I would come back tonight and she had told me that Lauren, her family and her bandmates would be there for dinner to and as I had prepared myself to face her again I just decided not to give up on the surprise. I was so eager to see my mom's reaction that Obama himself could be there, I still wouldn't care. I finally stopped on the doorstep and I could already hear the laughter on the inside betraying a warm ambiance. I pulled my phone out and quickly called my sister so that she would open the door without having me noticed. In a matter of seconds the door flew open and I saw my sister's teary eyes staring right back at mine.

"oh my god." She whispered before launching herself at me and hugging me tight, squeezing me to make sure I was really here. I could feel her crying in happiness next to me and that only made tears fill my eyes. After we pulled away I looked at her with a questioning look before mouthing a soft "mom?". She led me to the kitchen without trying to hide me from the others. As the ones that were in the living room looked at me their eyes widened at the realization. I recognized Mike Jauregui who was the closest thing I had to a father and flashed him a smile, especially when I saw her eyes growing teary. My sister stopped abruptly at the door frame causing me to stop too. When I looked inside the room I was met with an image who made me question the last six years away. I could definitely recognized Lauren next to my mom in front of the oven preparing the dinner. When I dated Lauren, I always pictures this image, my wife and my mum preparing dinner together. And at that second I knew, i could have left for 10 years or even 20 it wouldn't have changed the way I felt about her. She was my childhood sweetheart, my first love, and no matter how hard I tried to forget her, my heart would never stopped beating for her because she was the one who taught me everything about love. When she thought she was whispering into my ear it was in fact into my heart, and when she thought she was kissing my lips, it was actually my soul. she was the one and I knew that this mere realization would cause me the greatest heartbreak.

I knew that no one had told her where I had disappeared too, they said I had just vanished. The only people who knew were my family and I was glad about that because it meant that I wouldn't have to answer questions that would reopen deep wounds. I finally took a deep breath and whispered in Kala, my sister, to get Lauren away from my mom. She walked to her and faked that she needed her for something. She made Lauren walked to me and as her eyes were on the my sister she hadn't seen me yet, until she came a few inches away from me and was forced to look into my eyes. Hers widened as realization hit her while I just got lost in this emerald sea I had longed so much.

"Holy-" she started put I put my hand on her mouth preventing her to talk, shivers running all over my body at the contact of my skin to her lips. She stood there numb as she was shocked to see me but in her eyes there was a small piece of love that I knew she still felt for me. I took her hands leading her to where all the others were standing so that they would be able to see the reunion between my mother and i. I walked back to my mother and leaned against the sink, her back still facing me.

"This smells pretty good." I said.

"I know ri-" she started before the plate she had in her hands fell on the floor, shattering into thousands of pieces. Unsurely and very slowly she turned around.

"Too bad you just let it fall to the floor. We will just have to order I guess. Is pizza good for you guys?" I asked with a smirk as I saw my mother's face. The waves of tears that had invaded her beautiful features made my heart sink.

"Please tell me...tell me I'm not dreamin.." She whispered still standing away from me, as if she was scared that if she came closer I would be gone.

"You're not." I said walking to her. "You are not mum." I stated again as I cupped her cheeks. She leaned in the touch before finally opened her eyes again and jumping on me, her arms around my shoulders as she hugged me tighter than I had ever been hugged.

"You are here." She whispered again and again and again in my ear as she cried causing me to finally let real tears fall down my cheeks. She pulled away to cup my cheeks and look at me.

"Tell me it's over. Tell me the Army isn't going to send you orders and to tell you to go back to Afghanistan or i don't know where." She begged and as I heard the gasp coming from behind I knew they had heard. I didn't care though, not a fucking second.

"It's over mum. I promise" I said causing the most mind blowing smile to appear on her face.

-----------

By the end of the evening, I had spent an amazing time with everyone. It felt so good just to be around your loved ones again. Lauren had remained quite silent though and I acted as if I didn't care. I got to the know the four other girls that constituted the Fifth Harmony girl group along with Lauren and I had to admit they were really cool. Now though I need some fresh, I wasn't accustomed anymore to being around so many people so I walked out of the house and to the backyard garden. I smiled when I saw that the old swings I had built were still there but the memory faded when I remembered how much this place meant to Lauren and I. I walked to them though and sat on the one which had my name written on it and started moving back and forth enjoying the cold breeze of the night.

"Why do I have a déjà vu impression?" I heard a husky voice say as she got closer. I didn't even need to look at her to know who it was or how she was smiling.

"Because this is all déjà vu, you and me on the swings." I said as she sat on her swing.

"True." She stated before letting silence fall upon us.

"How is the celebrity life doing?" I asked and I felt her tense probably at the memory that She had dumped me because of the fame that she wanted.

"Good. It's doing good. We just got out of a tour so it's cool." She declared and I just nodded before remaining silence again. "Why are you not mad anymore?" She asked vulnerability present in her voice as much as in her eyes.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"When I left you were so angry at me because I had broken your heart. And now you are being nice. Why?" She asked.

"After all I've been through Lauren, I realized that I couldn't hate you for that. Heartbreak is not the biggest bitch on earth and I just got over it." I explained slowly.

"Oh. So..,you are over me?" She asked

"I left to get over you." I replied not completely giving her an answer to her question.

"Why?"

"I needed to Lauren."

"No I mean why the Army?" She asked again.

"It seemed the right thing to do. I was lost and I needed to find a purpose to my life after losing you."

"So you stayed there 6 years?" She asked.

"The first two years I was in an academy to follow the program and the training. Then I got deployed to Afghanistan for two years. These four years were to get over you. The last you, was for the people that were still fighting." I explained looking down at the floor.

"I missed you." She whispered.

"You wouldn't have had to miss me if you had made the right choice before your celeb life started." I snapped letting my old flame get the best of me and getting up.

"Are you telling me that I should have chosen you instead of chasing my dream?" She asked as she got up herself.

"No not at all. I'm just saying that you should have stood up for yourself. For us." I answered and she just stood there in shock not able to say a word. I was about to get inside again when I turned around once more. "You were my childhood sweetheart, my best friend, my first love and my biggest savior. It's been 6 years since I've last since you Lauren and not a day went by without having you plague my heart. Sometimes I actually thought you were just a figment of my imagination, but now you are standing right in front of me and I just realize that you are real, and that I love you as much as I did when I first said it. But I'm just better off lying to myself and thinking that I'm over you. So yes Lauren, today I'm telling you that I'm over you, although it's the biggest lie I've ever said." I shot and finally saw a tear roll down her cheek. I walked to the door but stopped.

"Are you over me?" I asked against my better judgement but I couldn't not ask her.

"I've never stopped loving you." She answered and unconsciously a sigh of relief escaped me.

I had come back here to prove myself that Lauren didn't have any control over me anymore but here I was on the first night, wanting to kiss her again and telling her I love her. What did the next days hold for us? I sure didn't know, but I was eager to know.

A/N: Now that it's written I don't know if it is actually any good, I thought it would be cool but it just seems really weird to me haha.. Let me know.

I know I have plenty of fics already but if I do decide to continue this one then it is probably just going to be a mini series.

So to continue or not to continue? That is the question...

Let me know if you want it.

Love you guys

Katy.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

4.4K 185 1
22.5K 482 25
148K 3.8K 22