The Coldblooded (TVD Story)

Oleh staygoldforever

"For over a thousand years I have lived in secret. I have seen many places, done many things both good and ba... Lebih Banyak

Author's Note and Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Author's Note [2]
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Author's Note [3]
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Epilogue
Author's Note [4]

Chapter Thirteen

10.4K 210 28
Oleh staygoldforever

A/N: So like I promised, the picture at the side is the casting I did for Sebastian!

Anyways, this is my second upload in two days! School is starting tomorrow and updates will probably come once a week :( It really depends on whether or not I have the time to write. Don't worry though, I'm not abandonning this story because I actually have a lot of fun writing it! Thank you for the votes and nice comments, and good luck to any one who's just started a brand new school year! :)

Ps. Sorry for such a short chapter, I promise I'll make it up to you in the next one.

---

I ran to meet Damon at the old church and found him cursing and kicking at the rubble.

"Stop," I tell him.

He instantly pins me up against a tree. "Did you kill him?"

I frown at him. "Don't be stupid. I wanted to know what he knew too."

He lets me go and I dust myself off. I decide to keep it a secret that Alaric was the one who killed Logan since I didn't want to be responsible for Mr. Saltzman's death.

Damon peeks at me. "He said there was a spell to break it. You're a powerful witch, aren't you? Do you think you could break the spell?"

"And unleash twenty seven blood thirsty vampires into this world?" I ask. "What would I gain?"

Damon shrugs and doesn't pressure me further, knowing that I had a bad temper. Suddenly, my vampire senses pick up on something and then screaming fills my ears. I fall over; clutching my head and Damon is instantly at my side.

"What's wrong?"

"Elena," I manage to gasp. The screaming has subsided and I am promptly alert.

"What's wrong? What happened?" Damon asks again.

"It's Elena," I repeat. "We need to go now." I take off in the direction I knew I had to go. There was a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach and something did not feel right. My suspicions are confirmed when I reach the scene of the crime. Elena's car is overturned and I see her struggling inside. About ten yards away from her, a figure is detangling himself from his broken limbs. I hear his body parts snap back into place and I stand there, frozen in horror as he stalks towards Elena. Before he reaches her though, he looks up and I manage to catch a glimpse of his face. Suddenly, the guy freaks and runs in the opposite direction. Two seconds later, Damon is at the car, trying to get Elena out. I snap out of my shock and go help him.

"Elena, put your hands on the roof," I instruct.

She does what I tell her and I yank open the entire side of the car. Damon picks her up and carries her away from the mess.

"You okay?" I ask her.

"Of course she's not okay," Damon rolls his eyes at me. Then he starts talking to Elena. "Is anything broken? Can you stand?"

"Of course she can't stand," I shoot back, mockingly, as Damon attempts to put Elena on her feet. She collapses back into his arms.

"I look like her," Elena whimpers, right before she passes out.

Damon and I both look at each other at the same time before we look back at Elena.

"What?"

I shrug. "Are you going to take care of her?"

"Yeah, I'll take good care of dear, sweet Elena here."

***

"Sebastian, what the fuck is your brother doing in Mystic Falls?!" I scream into the phone.

"My brother?" Sebastian sounds confused, as if I had woken him up, which I probably did since it was well past midnight.

"I saw him," I snarl. "Can you please explain what he was doing here?"

"Which one are you talking about? I do have seven brothers you know." I hear him yawn.

"Stop yawning, this is a serious matter!" I snap. "Matthias is in town. Why would he be here?"

"Matthias?"

"Yes, Matthias." I am exasperated now. "Matthias as in your younger brother, like come on Seb, who else would I be talking about?"

"Last time I checked, which was about a year ago, Matthias was partying it up in Rome."

"Well go check again! I saw him here in Mystic Falls!" I snap.

"But why would he be here?!"

"That's what I'm trying to figure out! He's your brother after all."

"If he's here, it's not a good sign. Matthias is a killer and he has no problem leaving bodies lying around."

"Well I'm letting you know, I saw him and I think he attacked Elena. Please keep an eye out for him."

I hang up on Sebastian and take a minute to collect my thoughts. Sebastian's family was dangerous; they were all cunning and vindictive and they always had a motive for their actions. They were also turned into vampires because of my family and me. The Verone Family were our closest friends back in the day but now, we hardly saw each other. There is too much bad blood among our two families. The fact one of my brothers killed their parents didn't help with our relationship. And now Matthias Verone was spotted in Mystic Falls, which was not good news at all. Matthias was one of Sebastian's younger brothers and excuse my language, but he was always a pathetic, lying, little bitch. When he was turned, all those qualities were enhanced, unfortunately. I was more than worried about Matthias and what he wanted with Elena.

***

I spend the rest of the night out, tracking the vampire that attacked Elena but I had no such luck. Matthias was a very old vampire and he was experienced enough not to be followed. In the morning, I stumble back into the boarding house to meet a very frantic Stefan.

"Have you seen Elena? Were you with her all night? She just disappeared!"

I hold up my hand. "Stefan, shut up, you're rambling."

"Sorry." He pauses for a second. "But have you seen her?"

"Yeah, Damon and I found her car wrecked. Didn't he bring her home or back here?"

Stefan does not answer me.

"He didn't bring her back?!"

He shakes his head slowly.

"Then what are you waiting for?" I scold him. "Call Elena's cell phone." I sit back and watch as Stefan quickly dials Elena's number.

"Where is she?" he says immediately. "Why do you have her phone, is she okay?"

"Stefan, where are your manners?" I mutter. He shoots me a glare.

"Where are you? Let me speak to her."

I walk over and smack Stefan over his head. "Manners!" I hiss. "He'll never tell you where he is."

"Damon, I swear to god, if you touch her-"

I assume Damon cuts him off since he stops speaking. I'm not really paying much attention to their conversation since I had bigger problems to worry about. Unexpectedly, Stefan chucks his phone to the side.

"Bastard hung up on me!"

"I would've hung up on you too if you were speaking to me that way."

That earns me another glare from Stefan but I continue speaking anyways.

"Stefan, Damon kidnapping Elena is the least of our worries right now. Last night, she was attacked by a vampire, a very old and wicked vampire. And let's not forget the fact that someone did change Logan Fell and they knew about the tomb of vampires as well."

"But Damon has Elena! And she doesn't have her vervain necklace." Stefan holds up the necklace as proof and suddenly, something Elena had said clicks into my mind.

"Stefan," I start off slowly. "Did you tell Elena about Katherine?"

"I didn't say anything to her, but I think she may have seen the photo of Katherine." Stefan squeezes his eyes shut but then opens them and looks at me. "Wait, you never told me how you knew Katherine."

"She and I go way back," I mutter. "It's a long story, not one worth retelling."

He doesn't press me for further information so I take the opportunity to change the subject.

"Are you going to school today?"

"Nope."

"Come on Stefan, we've got to keep up our appearances."

"The answer is still no."

"Fine, I'm going without you."

"I thought you hated school?" Stefan raises his eyebrows.

"Yeah, I do. What's your point?"

He shakes his head. "Never mind."

"Yeah, I'll leave you to your mourning. You make it seem like Elena died."

"She's with Damon. For all I know, she could die within the time she's spending with him."

"You are such a drama queen, Stefan." With that, I leave him to his mourning and head off to school.

***

School was a bore, as usual. I already missed first period and I was late for second period. My teacher was not appreciative or happy with me at all and I earned myself a detention, which I knew I would be missing anyways. After about an hour of that crap, I decide to leave so that I could do some snooping around town. I make it to the parking lot where I bump into Tyler.

"Don't you have class right now?" he smirks at me.

"Don't you?" I shoot back.

He holds up his hands in surrender. "Where are you going?"

"I honestly don't know."

"Can I talk to you about something?"

"Uh sure, what?" I was curious to hear what Tyler wanted to talk to me about.

"It's about Matt."

"Oh-kay..."

"He told me he likes Caroline, I don't know if you knew anything about this but I just thought you should know."

"Why do I care if he likes Caroline?" I ask harshly. Deep down, I knew I cared because I had begun developing feelings for Matt, feelings which I thought he returned. But obviously, that didn't seem to be the case.

"Look, I just thought it'd be better if you found out from a friend," Tyler tells me. "I could tell you sort of had a thing for him and I didn't want you to make a fool out of yourself or feel horrible about it afterwards."

I force myself to smile. "Thanks Tyler. I appreciate you telling me this. Matt and I haven't really been that close anyways so it doesn't really matter to me."

"Well if you weren't interested in him, I was thinking maybe you and me could-"

"Uh yeah, no thank you. Goodbye dickhead." I hop into my car and drive off.

My head was so full of thoughts and emotions; I just had to get away for a while. I really thought that Matt and I had something, but it turns out, he also likes Caroline. Part of me was extremely angry with what he was doing but the other part of me was sad. It had been a long time since I felt like I had been loved.

I drove away from Mystic Falls blindly for the next couple of hours until I reached another town. When I arrive, the sun is still out but I head into a bar anyways and I compel a bartender to serve me alcohol. That's when I feel someone slide into the stool next to me.

"Hullo Alayne, it's been a while." The curly hair boy looked not a day older than seventeen and he had an arrogant smirk on his face.

"Matthias," I growl. "What do you want?"

He shrugs. "I want what you want."

"I am pretty certain we are not on the same side."

"You're right. But I need your help."

I throw my head back and laugh. "Why would I help you?"

"The same reason why you're going to help your friend Damon," he smirks. "I have a friend stuck inside the tomb and I haven't seen her since she was locked in there. I need you to get her out."

"I'm not helping Damon. You and I both know that Katherine isn't even in the tomb," I say. "And who could be so important that you would need to rescue?"

"That's none of your business," he snaps at me.

I shrug. "I can't open that tomb. I won't do it; you're going to need to find someone else to help you. There are loads of witches around."

"But none that are as powerful as you."

"That's true," I agree. "But you should be able to find ones strong enough to break the spell." I stand up; ready to leave but Matthias blocks my path. "Please move."

"And if I don't."

"I'll kill you."

"You know you won't do that. If you kill me, my family will be after yours in a heartbeat."

"And then my family will be after yours."

"Last time I checked, half of them were out of commission."

My hand snaps back and I slap Matthias hard across the face. His hand reflexively reaches up to cup his cheek and his eyes are blazing.

"You are going to regret that."

I stand up and walk right up to his face and snarl, "No, you are going to regret confronting me. If you ever cross paths with me again, I won't hesitate to kill you."

I turn around in my heels and stalk back out to my car. Along the way back to Mystic Falls, I spot a car parked on the side of the road. I pull over, walk up to the car and see a couple doing the nasty inside. Feeling no compassion or emotion at the moment, I use my powers to unlock the car door. The girl screams when she sees me and I snap her neck instantaneously. The guy tries to fight me off but I sink my fangs into his neck.

His blood fills my mouth and I start drinking hungrily. The taste is warm and salty and sweet at the same time and it satisfies my thirst and revitalizes my energy. Blood bags were sufficient but fresh blood was always best.

After I completely drain the guy of blood, I start on his girlfriend. I can taste the difference between fresh blood and dead blood but she wasn't dead for that long so it still tastes decent.

After feeding, I decide to burn the bodies and the car, my typical way of hiding my tracks. Burn everything to ashes.

The drive home is a lot faster than the drive out of town and when I get back, the sun is just setting so I decide to head over to the Grill for a regular diet of burgers and fries. The minute I walk in, I spot Jeremy playing pool with some random girl. He looks occupied so I didn't bother greeting him; instead, I take my seat at the empty booth and order my burgers and fries.

Soon, the girl Jeremy's hanging out with leaves and he spots me in my booth all alone. He makes his way over and sits down across from me, a grin on his face.

"Having fun?" I ask, in attempt to strike up a conversation.

"Yeah." He's still grinning.

"Who was there you were with?"

"Her name's Anna, I met her at the library today."

"You met a girl at the library?"

"Yeah, what's wrong with that?"

"It's totally cliché."

Jeremy smiles, "I guess it is kind of cliché."

"Did you get her number?"

He starts fidgeting at my comment and there is a faint blush on his cheeks. I laugh and grin evilly at Jeremy. "You did, didn't you?"

"Actually I didn't, she's not the type of girl to just give out her number."

"And you're not the type of creep to ask," I state.

"I'm not a creep." Jeremy then decides to change the subject. "I saw you take off from school today looking pretty distressed. Did something happen?"

"No."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Look Jeremy," I sigh. "I know you're only trying to be a good friend and I appreciate that very much. But really, it's just something trivial and not really worth talking about."

Jeremy drops the topic and we continue to have a civil conversation about everything in general. He is still doing research for his history paper and had started drawing again. I told him how my life basically consisted of pissing off history teachers and just bumping around town. Jeremy didn't ever question me one bit, which was part of the reason why I like hanging out with him so much. I finally leave the Grill after saying goodbye to Jeremy and when I get home to the boarding house, I just crash for the night.

***

When I wake up, the sun appears to be just rising. I yawn in my bed and roll over to look at the time.

6:47PM.

I jump out of bed and screech, "Holy crap!"

There is a knock at my door and it opens to reveal Stefan, a look of concern on his face. "What's wrong?"

"It's dinner time! I slept away the entire day!" I yell. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

Stefan stifles his laughter. "I came in to check on you at around two in the afternoon, thinking something may have happened to you. But you were just sleeping and you looked so peaceful that I didn't want to bother you."

"Ugh, now I'm going to be up all night!"

Stefan shrugs. "Damon and Elena came back this morning. I told Elena what I knew about her."

"What? You told her she was adopted?" I shriek.

"Yeah, but wait. How did you know she was adopted?"

"The resemblance to Katherine gave it away completely," I lie, hiding away information from Stefan. It was stuff he didn't need to know anyways.

"She was very upset," Stefan informs me. "If I were you, I wouldn't let on that you knew about this because she'll be pissed at you."

I pretend to zip up my lips. "My lips are sealed."

"Bonnie found the tomb where the vampires are being held and I'm pretty sure Damon took Elena to see an old witch friend of his. He is still trying to free the vampires."

"No, he can't get into that tomb. He'll need a very powerful witch and I'm not going to do it for him."

"But there is a way?"

"Yes, there is a way to undo the spell. Damon cannot learn that way and he won't. Don't worry about it so much Stefan; it's not going to happen. Anyways, I'm going out to the Grill to get a drink and some food. See you later!"

As soon as Stefan leaves the room, I go into the bathroom. I quickly brush my teeth, cleaning any remains of my meal last night and then I jump into the shower. The water is scorching hot but it feels nice on my skin. After my shower, I'm feeling extremely refreshed and I go into my bedroom to pick out my typical outfit: black skinny jeans, a red t-shirt, my black leather jacket and combat boots.

When I walk into the bar, I see Sebastian sitting in one of the stools. I happily bound over to him and slap him in the back. I know, how ladylike of me. Unfortunately, Sebastian nearly chokes on his beer. He glares at me when he realizes I was the one who slapped him.

"So you finally decide to show your face to the town?" I grin at him.

"This town needed a little more handsome."

I gag and make a face at him and he just smiles back, an amused expression on his face. Suddenly, Sebastian's face turns into a mask of shock as he looks past my shoulder. I turn around and I see Alaric Saltzman giving us the coldest and most calculating look, as if he is trying to procure a plan to kill the two of us. Which in this case, he probably was.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

128K 5.6K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းကတစ်ယောက်နှင့်တစ်ယောက်မတည့်တဲ့ကောင်လေးနှစ်ယောက်ကအလှလေးတစ်ယောက်ကိုအပြိုင်အဆိုင်လိုက်ကြရာက မိဘတွေရဲ့အတင်းအကြပ်စီစဉ်ပေးမှုကြောင့်တစ်ယောက်အပေါ...
15.2K 693 62
March 1912 - a baby is abandoned at the doors of Downton Abbey. Servant Thomas Barrow agrees to claim paternity for the foundling. The story mainly r...
203K 6.5K 20
❝I don't have anything left.❞ In which she finds everything she lost in a family of Original vampires. [THE ORIGINALS AU] STARTED: AUGUST 15, 2017 F...
14K 163 10
"ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪꜱ ᴀ ᴊᴇᴡᴇʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ꜱᴛɪʟʟ ᴘʀᴇᴄɪᴏᴜꜱ? ʜᴏᴡ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴜɴ ᴏꜰꜰ ᴏɴ ᴍᴇ? ʜᴏᴡ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴜɴ ᴏꜰꜰ ᴏɴ ᴜꜱ?"