One Last Thing ✅

De jaxharlow

From childhood, Lil's life has been a nightmare. Her mother tried drowning her in the bath as a baby. As a re... Mai multe

one thing
two things
three things
four things
five things
six things
seven things
nine things
ten things
eleven things
twelve things
thirteen things
fourteen things
fifteen things
sixteen things
seventeen things
eighteen things
nineteen things
twenty things
twenty-one things
twenty-two things
twenty-three things
twenty-four things
twenty-five things
twenty-six things
twenty-seven things
twenty-eight things
twenty-nine things
thirty things
thirty-one things
thirty-two things
thirty-three things
thirty-four things
thirty-five things
thirty-six things
thirty-seven things
thirty-eight things
thirty-nine things
forty things
forty-one things
forty-two things
forty-three things
forty-four things
forty-five things
forty-six things
forty-seven things
forty-eight things
forty-nine things
fifty things
fifty-one things
fifty-two things
fifty-three things
fifty-four things
fifty-five things
fifty-six things
fifty-seven things
fifty-eight parts
fifty-nine parts
sixty things
sixty-one things
sixty-two things
sixty-three things
sixty-four things
one last thing

eight things

452 42 8
De jaxharlow

I'm headed toward the cafeteria to meet Riley for lunch when someone catches me by the arm. I turn and see Mrs. Edwards with a frown on her face, and I feel my heart accelerate. She raises an eyebrow.

"Do you have anything you want to tell me, Liliana?"

I play dumb.

"What do you mean?"

She pauses and gives me a look that says Cut the shit, I know what you're up to. Still I don't give up the act. I shrug my shoulders and give her the most angelic look I can manage, which probably isn't all that innocent, considering my eyebrow piercing and seventeen coats of mascara.

"I checked the Hamlet quizzes during lunch," Mrs. Edwards says, and she sighs heavily. "You and Rose missed the same two questions. They were worded exactly the same way, and you sit right behind her in class."

She's got me.

"That's weird."

"Liliana," Mrs. Edwards says, her voice low. She's the only teacher who pronounces my name correctly. Most of them say "Lily" and then "Anna," but not her. Ever since the first day, she has been careful to say my name just the right way. I don't know if it's this fact that makes me want to come clean to her, but suddenly I feel really crappy about lying to her. "Am I wrong?"

I study the floor. "No," I say softly.

"Look," Mrs. Edwards replies. "If you come in after school, I'll let you try again. Is it a deal?"

I meet Mrs. Edwards's gaze. She looks so hopeful. I don't have the heart to tell her there's no point in me taking the test again. It would take a miracle for me to pass at this point. But there's something in her eyes, like she believes that I can do it. It makes me not want to let her down.

"Deal," I tell her, immediately regretting the decision. I'm only wasting her time. I'm sure there are much better things she could be doing than checking a test I'm sure to fail. I should have just taken the zero.

As I walk away, I feel slightly nauseous, any hint of appetite vanished.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

Chasing Charming ✔️ De Kayla

Ficțiune adolescenți

31.1K 1K 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
54.4K 3.4K 56
~One mistake brought her to her knees. One decision will bring him to the brink of redemption.~ Addison never thought she'd find herself trapped in h...
19M 587K 56
"Never call a girl a bitch," I glared into his eyes as he opened them, piercing into me, the bright blue drink I had just poured over him still dripp...
Waiting For Tomorrow De ALuvLikeWar

Ficțiune adolescenți

123 0 26
TRIGGER WARNING STRONG CORSE LANGUAGE I am just a shell of what used to be, nothing but an empty discarded soul searching for hope in this decrepit w...