new heroes // jaeyong

็”ฑ kyhyuns

โ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜บ.โž being good isn't always easy. taeyong learns this the hard way. ... ๆ›ดๅคš

๐‘ต๐‘ถ๐‘ป๐‘ฌ
๐‘ท๐‘น๐‘ฌ๐‘ญ๐‘จ๐‘ช๐‘ฌ
๐‘ต๐‘ถ๐‘ฉ๐‘ถ๐‘ซ๐’€ ๐‘ฒ๐‘ต๐‘ถ๐‘พ๐‘บ ๐‘ฏ๐‘ถ๐‘พ ๐‘ฐ ๐‘ฎ๐‘ถ๐‘ป ๐‘ฏ๐‘ฌ๐‘น๐‘ฌ
๐‘ต๐‘ถ๐‘ฉ๐‘ถ๐‘ซ๐’€ ๐‘ช๐‘จ๐‘น๐‘ฌ๐‘ซ ๐‘ญ๐‘ถ๐‘น ๐‘ด๐’€ ๐‘ซ๐‘น๐‘ฌ๐‘จ๐‘ด
๐‘ฐ ๐‘ฎ๐‘ฌ๐‘ป ๐‘ฏ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฎ๐‘ฏ ๐‘ถ๐‘ญ๐‘ญ ๐‘ด๐’€ ๐‘ณ๐‘ถ๐‘พ๐‘บ ๐‘จ๐‘ต๐‘ซ ๐‘บ๐‘ป๐‘น๐‘ถ๐‘ต๐‘ฎ๐‘ฌ๐‘น ๐‘ญ๐‘น๐‘ถ๐‘ด ๐‘ป๐‘ฏ๐‘ฌ ๐‘ฉ๐‘ณ๐‘ถ๐‘พ๐‘บ
๐‘บ๐‘ถ ๐‘ฐ ๐‘ฒ๐‘ฌ๐‘ฌ๐‘ท ๐‘ถ๐‘ต ๐‘ฒ๐‘ฌ๐‘ฌ๐‘ท ๐‘ถ๐‘ต ๐‘ฒ๐‘ฌ๐‘ฌ๐‘ท ๐‘ถ๐‘ต
๐‘จ๐‘ณ๐‘ณ ๐‘ถ๐‘ญ ๐‘ป๐‘ฏ๐‘ฌ ๐‘ท๐‘จ๐‘ฐ๐‘ต๐‘บ
๐‘ป๐‘จ๐‘บ๐‘ป๐‘ฌ๐‘บ ๐‘ถ๐‘ญ ๐‘ป๐‘ฏ๐‘ฌ ๐‘บ๐‘พ๐‘ฌ๐‘จ๐‘ป ๐‘จ๐‘ต๐‘ซ ๐‘ซ๐‘ฐ๐‘น๐‘ป
๐‘ธ๐‘ผ๐‘ฌ๐‘บ๐‘ป๐‘ฐ๐‘ถ๐‘ต๐‘บ
๐‘ป๐‘ฏ๐‘ฌ๐’€'๐‘ณ๐‘ณ ๐‘ฉ๐‘ฌ ๐‘บ๐‘ช๐‘น๐‘ฌ๐‘จ๐‘ด๐‘ฐ๐‘ต๐‘ฎ ๐‘ถ๐‘ผ๐‘น ๐‘ต๐‘จ๐‘ด๐‘ฌ๐‘บ
ANNOUNCEMENT

๐‘พ๐‘ฌ ๐‘จ๐‘ณ๐‘ณ ๐‘ณ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฝ๐‘ฌ ๐‘ญ๐‘ถ๐‘น ๐‘ป๐‘ฏ๐‘ฌ ๐‘ซ๐‘จ๐’€

852 58 98
็”ฑ kyhyuns

˗ˏˋ♡ˎˊ˗

"I'll make sure he'll be okay because I am Limitless."

Those simple yet catastrophically powerful words tumble from Taeyong's pinked lips before he could really think about the consequence. His autumn eyes widen, mirroring Jaemin's own walnut ones as Taeyong's words hit him like a ton of bricks. His irises look like marbles, round and dark, glinting small flecks of light scattered around the dilated pupil. His mouth falls open in shock, jaw slack. He opens and closes his agape mouth, mimicking a fish. No sounds emit from his lips, and the silence blanketed them like a thick layer of snow.

Taeyong casts his gaze to the ground, toeing at it as the air escapes his lungs in soft breaths. It stays silent for a good minute or so, the new information still sinking in, processing in Jaemin's brain. Taeyong raises his eyes; he's still looking at Taeyong.

"Well?" Taeyong asks, now slightly impatient.

"You're...you can't be..." he manages to get out, voice quiet. Taeyong rolls his eyes, crossing his arms across his chest, ribs aching in response.

"I, Lee Taeyong, am the AB Limitless." Taeyong flicks his fingertips, red floating around the tips of his fingers. The very same red engulfs Jaemin's left hand, and Taeyong beckons him closer using his fingers. The telekinesis tugs his arm forwards, stumbling into Taeyong.

"But you look so normal..." he chokes out, gathering himself and standing straight. Taeyong shrugs, leaning against the door of the bathroom.

"Jeno, without his mask on, looks normal too, right?" Taeyong asks, and at the mention of his ex's name, his eyes widen slightly. He hesitates for a few moments, but then slowly nods. "So why am I any different?"

He finally looks me in the eye, lips once again agape. "Y-you're not any different, hyung!" He then backtracks, "...w-well, you are 'cause you're an AB but a good one, you're not like Jen—Jeno, and w-well I—"

Taeyong shakes his head, grinning slightly at Jaemin's blabbering mess. "You're adorable, Jaemin. You haven't changed a bit since I last saw you."

Jaemin smiles a little, toying with his fingers. "Uhm...hyung?" He asks softly, voice wavering. He looks nervous again, averting his gaze. "I...can I stay with you?" Taeyong blinks dumbly, not really understanding what on earth Jaemin meant by "stay".

"What do you mean?" Taeyong voices his thoughts aloud, and he shyly looks away.

"I...I'm worried that Jeno will attack me again, or the police will come after me again and..." he swallows, his breath shuddering. "I don't really want to be alone anymore. Not while I'm dealing with him."

Taeyong tilts his head to one side, frowning sadly at him. Jaemin reminds Taeyong of a kicked puppy—big eyes and big heart, loves anything that shows one ounce of interest towards it, and will continue to love even when it is kicked into the ground. It was sad, honestly, and not in a pathetic way. Jaemin was only young, yet he's gone through so much because of the faults of another person. It's not fair. Not one bit.

Jaemin gazes at me with such pain-filled eyes it hurts Taeyong's soul. "I don't want to hurt anymore, hyung," he says softly. "But I don't want him to hurt anymore either. My parents don't understand—they don't fully know what's going on, they're never home." He pauses, and hesitates, "I want to save him but he hurts me so much..."

"It's okay Nana," Taeyong shushes gently, his voice low and as soft as silk, remembering the nickname Jaemin used to go by when he worked at the cafe. "You can stay with me. You'll be safe with me."

Jaemin perks up at the nickname, sniffling and exhaling shakily, then, "You promise?"

Taeyong's eyes widen at those two little words the younger uttered. He hesitates briefly, but in the end, "I promise." Taeyong says.

Silence. Then he speaks once more. "And Jeno? You promise he'll be okay, too?"

Taeyong stays silent, just slowly nodding his head. But he doesn't promise him Jeno will be okay. Taeyong can't promise Jeno will be okay. Taeyong can't save a boy that he knows, deep down, is too far gone to ever be rescued.

˗ˏˋ♡ˎˊ˗

"Tadaima!" Yuta shouts from the doorway. Taeyong peers over at him from his spot on the couch, Adventure Time playing on the television.

"How many times have I told you that I don't know what that means?" Taeyong says, a slight teasing tone to his voice. Yuta pokes his tongue out at Taeyong in a playful gesture, then he freezes. His gaze lands on the orange-haired Jaemin sitting beside Taeyong on the couch, immersed in the television.

"Yong, who's that?" He asks in a low voice, and Taeyong sighs softly. Jaemin quickly scrambles to his feet and bows to Yuta in greeting.

"Hello hyung, my name is Jaemin. You've met me before, I used to work at Paradise Cafe with you." The orange-haired boy says shyly, voice shaking. Yuta shoots Taeyong a look, one of confusion and distaste. Sighing again, Taeyong stands to his feet.

"Nana, just go to my bedroom for a few minutes, okay? I just have to...discuss something with dear Yuta here." Taeyong says, albeit a little sourly. Jaemin nods quickly, scampering off to the bedroom. Taeyong waits until he hears the door click shut before he speaks again, "What's your fucking problem, Yuta?"

Yuta looks severely taken aback by this, eyes blowing wide like saucers and his mouth falling agape in shock. "What...what's my fucking problem? What's yours?" He hisses. "Why is a random kid who worked with us a year ago here?"

"I met him today at the grocery store."

"You weren't supposed to leave here! You're still injured from your fight with Magnito and what if he had attacked again while you were out? Huh?" He scowls angrily. "You're in no shape whatsoever to face him, or any criminal for that matter!" Yuta pokes at Taeyong's chest roughly, his ribs throbbing at the harsh poke. "So what is he doing here? Is he an accomplice of Magnito or something?"

Taeyong blinks, "Well, not exactly."

He blanches at those words. "What?!"

Taeyong sighs irritably, rubbing his temple. "Would you shut up for a minute so I can fucking explain what is going on?" Taeyong growls, and he huffs.

"No, why should I?" Yuta crosses his arms childishly, and Taeyong feels a vein in his forehead twitch.

"For fucks sake," Taeyong grumbles, hand glowing red. He flicks his wrist, Yuta's body engulfing in the glowing red wisps. He freaks out as Taeyong moves his body over to the small couch, dumping him on it. He glares angrily at Taeyong, arms still folded. "Quit acting like a fucking child, Nakamoto Yuta." Yuta glares, but otherwise stays quiet. "Now, as I was saying before you so rudely interrupted me: I met Jaemin at the grocery store this morning," Taeyong pauses, "before you ask why I was there, I was buying groceries because we're out of food, and I don't want to waste money on takeaway every night."

Yuta nods once, his glare settling slightly.

"Anyway, there was a confrontation going on in the store when I was there," Taeyong continues, and Yuta looks up at the older with wide eyes. "Not involving an AB, but involving police. Two police officers were trying to arrest Jaemin. I knew I had recognised him from somewhere, but anyway I got the cops to abandon trying to arrest him and I took him into the bathroom at the back of the store where he had a massive breakdown." Taeyong explains, recounting every major detail I could remember.

"Why did you stop the police from arresting him?" Yuta questions, raising an eyebrow.

"He kept yelling that he didn't understand why they were arresting him and that he did nothing wrong, and I felt somehow that this boy was telling the truth so...I aided him in getting the police to go away." Taeyong shrugs one shoulder.

"You 'felt' that he was telling the truth?" Yuta queries, a little adamant. Taeyong nods.

"Yeah, don't ask, I don't know myself." Taeyong mumbles. "Anyway," he continues, "when he had calmed down he had told me he did know why the police were after him." he inhales deeply, staring down at Yuta with a hard gaze. "Whatever you do, do not blow up. Got it?"

"What? Why would I blow up?"

Again, Taeyong inhales deeply. He was gonna blow up. "The police wanted to detain him because of his connection with Magnito."

Silence. The information was sinking in, much alike how the information about Taeyong being Limitless had to process with Jaemin.

Then, "What do you mean his 'connection' with Magnito?!" Yuta shouts, completely blowing up. He stands from the couch, balled fists clenched at his sides. Taeyong winces, sighing loudly in irritation.

"I told you not to blow up!" Taeyong groans, flicking his wrist, sending Yuta falling back into the couch. He scowls, and Taeyong just rubs his temple with his fingertips. "God, you piss me off, Yuta."

"I'm just worried about you, dickhead!" Yuta snaps, and Taeyong frowns.

"I'm fine, Yuta."

"You weren't when you were in hospital! Or when I found you unconscious with blood spewing from your mouth, with broken ribs and fractured bones." He counters, and Taeyong looks away. "You were the one who called me after your fight. Do you know how it felt finding your unconscious body laying there like that? I thought you were going to die, Taeyong. Don't go telling me you're fine when I'm the one finding you injured and hurt like that!" He shouts.

"I know, and I'm sorry for making you worry so much. I really am. But really, just listen to me and you'll see why I brought Jaemin home." Taeyong whispers, and Yuta exhales loudly, cooling himself off. He leans into the back of the couch, gesturing for the older to continue. "Thank you. Now, when he said that, I had panicked. But he said his connection wasn't with Magnito, but rather with his alter-ego, Lee Jeno. The two used to date until Jeno went crazy."

"They...used to date?" Yuta asks, eyes wide. Taeyong nods slowly.

"Jaemin said that one day in September last year, which aligns perfectly with my first interaction with Magnito, Jeno had returned back to Jaemin's place covered in blood, saying that he had killed someone for saying bad things about ABs." He shudders, remembering the look of pure fear strewn across Jaemin's pretty features when he told Taeyong earlier. "Then Jeno emerged as Magnito, vowing to kill every human, excluding Jaemin. After altercations with me, Jeno would go back to Jaemin's home bruised and battered."

Yuta stays silent, but when Taeyong finishes speaking, he looks up at him. "Why didn't he tell anyone who Magnito—Jeno, was?"

Taeyong looks down. "Because Jaemin still loved Jeno a lot, and he didn't want the authorities to hand him over to the PAABs."

"Oh," was all Yuta could say.

"But Jaemin said it got too much for him, and only recently, he broke up with Jeno, telling him he didn't love him anymore and that he was crazy. Or, something like that," Taeyong says, "that was just before my fight with him the other day. Not the one where you had to come get me, the one where I thought he had been taken away."

Yuta's eyes widen.

"But clearly, someone had let him out. And when they did, he went after Jaemin, which then lead into my last confrontation with him." Taeyong says softly, "Jeno was mad at Jaemin for breaking up with him and even went to his work as Magnito. He's as much of a threat to Jaemin as he is to the city."

Yuta looks down, "The poor kid."

"Jaemin asked me if he could stay with me. The kid is terrified, Yuta. A crazed ex with superpowers is after him. He didn't want his parents to get involved. So, I said yes." Taeyong explains, then inhales deeply. "Yuta, he knows. About me. I told him."

Silence.

"Don't you dare blow up again or so help me," Taeyong mutters. Yuta looks at the ebony haired male, eyes wide.

"Why would you tell a complete stranger about you? That...how do you know we can trust him?" He stands to his feet, speaking a whole lot calmer than Taeyong thought he would.

"I just...I just do." Taeyong says, placing his hands on his hips. "And he's not a complete stranger. He worked under us at the cafe." He adds. He doesn't mention his suspicion of Jaemin potentially being an AB. Jaemin has not confirmed it with him, so he does not want to say anything to Yuta in case he is wrong. Also perhaps it was fear of Yuta blowing up again. Maybe he was just going crazy after one too many hits to the head. "Yuta, he's a boy who's scared for his life and Jeno's. What was I supposed to do?"

Yuta bites his lip, looking down.

"Exactly." Taeyong mumbles. "Now, Jaemin, you can come back out." He calls, and his bedroom door creaks open. Jaemin shyly walks down the hall, head bowed with his orange fringe hiding his eyes. "Now, Nana, meet the grumpy-ass, Yuta."

Yuta scowls at his best friend, but holds his hand out to Jaemin. The younger looks at it, glancing at Taeyong warily.

Is he mad?  

Taeyong shakes his head, smiling slightly, not even noticing that Jaemin didn't even move his lips. He takes Yuta's hand in his, shaking it gently.

"It's nice to see you again, hyung. I'm Na Jaemin." He says quietly. Yuta shoots Taeyong anther look, and he nods in encouragement.

"You probably remember, but anyway, the name is Nakamoto Yuta." He introduces, flashing a small smile.

"Ah, that's right, you're Japanese?" Jaemin questions, taking his hand back. "Do you like anime?"

Yuta sets his jaw, glaring slightly. He hates it when people ask him that. "Just 'cause I'm Japanese does not mean I watch anime!" He mutters, and Jaemin's face falls.

"Oh, I was just asking since I love Boku no Hero Academia." Jaemin says quietly, and then Yuta's face lights up.

"You do?" He asks, now interested. "I do watch anime, I just usually say that if people ask if I watch yaoi or hentai or some shit like that." Yuta grins apologetically. "Is it only BNHA you're into or are there more anime you're into?" He steps forwards and wraps an arm around the taller's shoulders, poking at Jaemin's red cheek.

Yuta's eyes just shine, and he grabs Jaemin and drags him onto the couch. The two begin to talk, and Taeyong's glad. Yuta seems to like Jaemin so far, which is a good thing. Yuta didn't particularly like accepting people into his life so quickly, but Jaemin seems to be an exception. Jaemin was able to make Taeyong trust him in a matter of minutes, which was extremely odd yet endearing.

You can trust me, hyung. Was what was in Taeyong's head when he met him. It was Jaemin. In his head. Was he an AB too? The probability was high. Or was Taeyong just overthinking things? Speaking of which, Taeyong was curious of a few more things involving Magnito—Jeno.

"Nana, question," Taeyong pipes up. Jaemin and Yuta halt their conversation to look at the AB. "If you were dating Jeno for a while, even when you worked with us, why didn't we ever see him?"

"Oh," Jaemin responds, "his parents didn't want us to hang too much after school." He smiles weakly. "His parents were extremely against the two of us being friends. They didn't know we dated."

Taeyong nods slowly, sitting on the arm of the couch beside Yuta. "Makes sense."

It's okay hyung, you can trust me. He says again, but as Taeyong looks at him, he's resumed his conversation with Yuta about whether Kuroko no Basuke or Haikyuu was better.

Taeyong bites his lip, an unsettling feeling pooling in the pit of his stomach. Jaemin no doubt was an AB; but for whatever reason didn't want to disclose it to Taeyong. Something felt off—and it wasn't Jaemin's truthfulness, rather it was the feeling of impending doom. As dramatic as that sounds, Taeyong feels that he's trekked in a situation he should not have gotten involved in.

Jeno was insane, there was no doubt about that. Was Taeyong unknowingly inviting him into his private life by deciding to protect Jaemin?

He couldn't figure that out just yet.

˗ˏˋ♡ˎˊ˗

"Don't worry Nana, I'll be there to pick you up after school," Taeyong says into his cracked phone, the phone between his ear and shoulder as he washes dishes.

"I know, I'm just worried, hyung."

"It'll be okay. You can't miss too much school, okay?" Taeyong reassures, reaching up to grab his phone. "I'll talk to you later. Text me if you need anything, okay?"

"...okay, sure. Thanks, hyung." And Jaemin hangs up. Taeyong slips his phone into his jeans pocket, rolling his sore shoulders.

"Wait, since when did you become friends with that kid?" Ten asks, eyeing Taeyong from over at the coffee machine. "...didn't he used to work here last year?"

"Yeah," Taeyong answers the second question. "We kept in touch after he left." A white lie.

"Oh," Ten mutters, continuing brewing a coffee for a customer in silence with a frown twisted into his lips.

"We met up recently at the grocery store, he's having issues at home and Taeyong and I agreed to let him stay with us until everything is sorted." Yuta explains, standing behind Taeyong, playing on his phone. Ten seems to buy it, nodding once and finishing up the coffee. He calls for the customer, who comes up and collects it.

Yuta tucks his phone into his pocket, leaning into Taeyong's side, drawing small circles on the older's arm with his fingertip absentmindedly. Taeyong, prefocused with washing dishes, turns his head to look at his friend.

"You good?"

"Yeah," Yuta answers.

Jaemin has been living with them for a week now, and he's been sleeping in Yuta's bed while Yuta and Taeyong share his. Taeyong has not been able to sleep at all recently, mostly with terrifying nightmares plaguing him every night since Jaemin moved in. On the other hand, Jaemin really has wormed his way into their hearts this past week with his cute personality and odd flirting now and then. Taeyong is glad Jaemin is safe, but the unsettled feeling he has that pools in the pit of his stomach has not dissipated in the slightest.

Jaehyun crouches in front of the cake fridge, wipe in hand as he cleans the glass. He looks up, gaze never leaving Taeyong. Taeyong ignores the conversation between Yuta and Ten, and solely focuses on Jaehyun.

The world around Taeyong seems to blur, boba eyes only seeing Jaehyun crystal clearly. His chocolate eyes widen when he realises that Taeyong is staring at him, and he looks away, cheeks pink, focussing on cleaning the glass. Taeyong smiles a little, resting his chin on his hand, the dishes in the sink going forgotten. He continues to stare at Jaehyun, autumn gaze carefully tracing over every detail of his handsome face.

Huh, he has a small freckle on his cheek. That's cute. He thinks to himself giddily.

Taeyong smiles lopsidedly, and at the corner of his eye, he sees Yuta scowling. He wraps his arms around the AB's narrow waist, squeezing tightly. Taeyong turns his attention away from Jaehyun (who has now returned his attention to the older), to look back at Yuta.

"What're you being so clingy for?" Taeyong asks, raising his eyebrows. Yuta pouts, staying quiet and hugging him tighter, resting his chin on the older's shoulder. Taeyong rolls his eyes, subtly glancing at Jaehyun. The younger was aggressively scrubbing at the (clean) glass, jaw clenched. Taeyong snickers, resuming washing the dishes.

"What're you two doing?"

Taeyong jumps, knocking his head back into Yuta's, the younger yelping from the sharp, sudden motion. They both groan simultaneously, Taeyong's hand rubbing his head and Yuta's hand rubbing his cheek. Taeyong shoots a glare at Hansol, who has just walked in the door.

"What do you mean what am I doing?" He asks, irate. Hansol shrugs, crossing his arms.

"You and Yuta look like a couple," he mutters sourly, and this time Yuta shoots him a glare.

"Well we do live together~" he teases, pinching Taeyong's cheek. He shies away, cheeks burning red. "Aw darling don't you like that?" He coos playfully. The shorter boy sends him a dark glare, slapping his hand away.

"God you're insufferable." Taeyong mutters.

"You love me!" He grins, his smile bright. Taeyong finds himself smiling too, snickering at Yuta.

"Yeah, luckily for you."

Hansol gags, pretending to choke. "God, you're both worse than Johnten when they're sucking each other's faces off."

"Oi!" Ten yells, which goes ignored by Hansol.

Yuta pokes his tongue out at Hansol, placing his hands on his hips, and Taeyong continues washing. The dishes seem to be never ending. "You're annoying, ruining my cuddle session with Yongie here."

"We are at work, doofus." Taeyong laughs a bit, until his eyes land on Jaehyun. Said male has gone as silent as the grave, his are trained solely on the older male. The glass cleaning has since been abandoned, leaning forward on his knees and facing Taeyong. He looks angry, his jaw set and gaze hard. His eyes weren't even on Taeyong's face, they were focussed on his chest.

Taeyong swallows thickly, feeling a little on-edge by Jaehyun's scary gaze. He takes his rubber gloves off, walking around the front counter to Jaehyun, nudging the younger's forehead with his finger, snapping him from his death-glaring contest with nothing. Jaehyun blinks a few times, jaw unclenching.

"Hm? What?" He asks, confused. His voice was slightly raspy and quiet. He sounds a little on-edge, which is unusual for him.

"You okay? You seem...angry." Taeyong murmurs, concerned. Jaehyun forces a small smile, shaking his head.

"I'm fine, I was just thinking. Sorry." He mutters.

Ten snorts from over by the coffee machine, "Yeah, thinking about Taeyong." He says loudly.

Yuta shoots Ten a nasty look, as does Jaehyun. Taeyong shoots him a small glare himself, but it goes unnoticed.

Ten looks at them both. "What? You all know I'm right." He tilts his head. "Jaehyun's literally been eyeing Taeyong's flat ass since he got back."

"Hey! My ass isn't flat!" Taeyong completely misses the first part of that sentence, firing back at the younger Thai male about the jab at his ass.

Hansol snorts, and Yuta bursts out laughing.

"Your ass is so flat, a plane could land on it." Hansol wheezes. Taeyong's cheeks burn, spluttering.

"It is not! Shut up!" Taeyong shouts, embarrassed. He whacks Hansol on the arm in jest.

"Ow, that hurt." Hansol scowls, rubbing his arm as he walks around the counter.

"Not as much as Taeyong's bony ass if he sits on your lap," Yuta pipes up, joining in on the harassment. Taeyong glares daggers at him from where he stands on the other side of the counter.

"God, you're all awful." He groans loudly.

Jaehyun looks at him, eyes wide. "I'm not awful, I wasn't saying anything." He says. Taeyong looks at him, blinking.

"Well, that's true." Taeyong murmurs. He hears Ten snicker again, and he looks over at the younger with wide eyes.

"Oh, he's awful alright. I know what he wants to do with that flat ass of yours—" Ten is cut off as Jaehyun yelps to cut him off, scrambling to his feet. Jaehyun's face has gone bright red, his eyes wide.

"Shut up, Chittaphon!" He hisses, his ears burning a deep red colour. Taeyong reaches up and pinches Jaehyun's left ear, the younger letting out a high-pitch whine. He turns to look at the older, chocolate eyes wide. "H-hyung!" He squeaks.

God, with his red cheeks and wide eyes staring at Taeyong like he was, he really reminded him of a cute puppy. Taeyong loves puppies.

Taeyong's phone buzzes, and he pulls his phone out to see a text from Jaemin.

Jaemin
I feel a little nauseous, hyung, I'm just going to the nurses office
I'll let you know if I need to come home

Taeyong frowns and responds.

Taeyong
Okay
Stay safe Nana

He pockets his phone again.

"Was that text from Nana? Is he okay?" Yuta asks, a little worried. Taeyong nods.

"Yeah, he just said he's feeling a little sick in the stomach, so he's going to the nurses office." Taeyong answers. "I might need to go get him if he gets worse."

"I hope he's okay," Yuta murmurs quietly.

"So," Taeyong hears Ten say. Yuta and him both look at the Thai boy, and he's staring at them in slight confusion. "Why is Jaemin living with you guys again? You never really explained."

"Uh..." Taeyong stutters.

"I explained before," Yuta says, "he's having trouble at home."

"Yeah, but you didn't know him a week ago and now he's living with you all of a sudden. And why?" Ten asks, curious.

Taeyong rolls his autumn eyes. "It's none of your business, Ten. Plus, Yuta and I trust Jaemin."

"Yeah, and you don't trust me!" Ten snaps, "You don't tell me anything!"

Taeyong scowls. "I don't have to do anything. I don't tell Johnny or Hansol or Jaehyun everything, so what makes you different?" He mutters, and Ten fumes.

"And why is that? We're friends aren't we? Aren't friends meant to trust each other?" He yells, cheeks going red in anger. Taeyong's frown deepens.

"Of course we are friends, and I do trust you, but there are some things that I prefer to only tell Yuta." He explains, trying to keep his voice calm.

"And Jaemin." Ten snaps.

Yuta shoots a glare at Ten. "Why are you getting so riled up?" He asks in irate.

"You've never let me come over to your apartment, yet you've let Jaehyun and Jaemin, and they've only just joined the group!" He exclaims, eyes wide. "That just kind of shows you don't trust me!"

"I've been there once," Hansol pipes in, but silences at the dark glare Ten shoots his way. He holds his hands up in surrender, staying quiet.

"Whatever." Ten snaps, yanking his apron off. "I'm going on break." He storms out the back of the cafe, and Taeyong can hear the break room door slam shut.

Jaehyun sighs, now standing beside Taeyong. The taller leans against his side, red lips against Taeyong's ear.

"Ten was right about one thing, though. And I'm sure you can guess what about." He whispers, his voice velvety, tickling the lobe of Taeyong's pierced ear. He shudders, turning his head away from Jaehyun. Taeyong feels the younger male's teeth nip at the lobe of his ear, and he squeaks in response. Jaehyun pulls away, smirking. Taeyong shoots a smirking Jaehyun a weak glare, bony hand over his bitten ear. Jaehyun just shrugs, his smirk widening.

"Pervert," Taeyong mutters, slapping his arm. Jaehyun opens his mouth to speak, but Yuta interrupts him.

"Taeyong!" He exclaims, pointing to the television hanging on the wall behind them. Taeyong and Jaehyun spin to face the television, an emergency news broadcast with an aerial shot of a school on the screen.

"—yes! We're getting reports that Magnito has stormed the school, and — yes, okay — he has indeed taken a student hostage! Where is Limitless? Where are the PAABS? This is—"

Taeyong's heart drops to his feet, breath leaving his lungs in small wheezes as he tunes out the rest of the broadcast. He turns away from the television, facing Yuta.

"It's Jaemin. Magnito's got him."

˗ˏˋ♡ˎˊ˗

edit 23/03/23: aha finally fixed. a lot changed here. enjoy

็นผ็บŒ้–ฑ่ฎ€

You'll Also Like

554K 26.9K 31
It's hard to be a hero. It's hard to be a good person.
294K 6K 34
"Stop being a coward Y/n......and love me........" *Warning* : contains smut. || Complete ||
DEAF | JAEYONG โœ” ็”ฑ mich โ™ก

ๅŒไบบๅฐ่ชช

46.8K 2K 24
หห‹ยฐโ€ข*โ€โžท [completed] โyou're a special guy taeyong, i see it even if you refuse to.โž โwell, you shouldn't, because i'm not even close to special.โž -ห‹...
Outsider | Na Jaemin โœ“ ็”ฑ Isabelle

ๅŒไบบๅฐ่ชช

23.8K 823 45
โ™ก school romance "Please don't treat me like an outsider to your life..." "You treated me like one before. Why can't I do the same to you?" โ— TW! abu...