POPULAR | ✓

بواسطة bellswaffles

she was popular. he was new. he was her way out. ✧ second place in the Chaos Awards! ✧ Kendra Ross is popula... المزيد

♡ | introduction | ♡
⬖ | character aesthetics | ⬖
♫ | PLAYLIST | ♫
[1] popular
[2] home at last
[3] new guy
[4] are we friends?
[5] makeup & letdowns
[6] my apologies to singing sunshine's sleepaway camp
[7] last names
[8] I am your substitute teacher, mr. bloot
[9] drama queens & unspoken truths
[10] found your undies?
[11] toni's crunchy pizza
[12] they're dating?
[13] should've said no
[14] I'm sorry.
[15] whatever
[16] let me explain
[17] wait, what?
[18] the list, part one
[19] the list, part two
[20] for better or for worse
[21] of course
[22] you had me at bookstore
[23] you're doing perfect
[24] better than expected
[25] I just punched him in the face
[26] detention & flattery
1k milestone! <3
[27] thy wise one has enlightened thee
[28] I'm sorry, okay?
[29] just friends
[30] ben & jerry's
2k milestone! <3
[31] what a moron
[bonus chapter] - archer the archer
[bonus chapter] - homecoming
[bonus chapter] - laser tag & my backstabbing boyfriend
[bonus chapter] - after
[ bonus chapter ] - the anniversary
[ bonus chapter ] - college
* random stuff *

[bonus chapter] - cookie dough and wattpad confessions

150 14 132
بواسطة bellswaffles

"I can't believe I agreed to do this."

"No take-backs now!" He yells, his back to me as he washes his hands in the sink.

"I'm aware," I say, sticking my hand in the container of sugar and sneaking up behind him. I sprinkle it over his head and snicker when he turns around.

"What'd you do?" He says instantly, and I shake my head, hiding my smirk behind my hand.

"What do you mean? I did nothing." He just hums, and somehow it sounds sarcastic.

"I don't believe you."

I snort. "Okay?"

He grins. "Okay."

"Not a good time for that, Arch."

"Right. Anyways, can you grab the flour and milk? I'll get the bowls." I nod and open the fridge, pulling out everything we need to make 20 servings of cookie dough.

Because why not, I guess? To be honest, I've never cooked anything in my life. Except for the occasional eggs and whatnot. It was his idea. I mean what else are we supposed to do on a snowy Saturday morning? Mom had to go to an early shift, so he came over and basically forced me to make cookie dough with him.

Anyways, twenty servings and we plan to eat it all, yep.

After a few failed attempts at measuring the flour, I pour it into the bowl with a huff, turning to Archer as he slams the bowls on the table. I jump back and glare at him.

"You broke my focus." He snorts.

"Oops?" I roll my eyes and wave my hand at the counter.

"Go get the speaker. Play some music. Your voice is making my ears bleed." He scoffs, but doesn't oblige as he snatches the speaker from the counter and takes his phone out from his pocket.

I assumed he was going to play some sort of old music, but as soon as the beginning of "Steal My Girl" reaches my ears, I squeal and drop the spoon I was holding, ignoring it as it clatters to the floor.

I start screaming the lyrics, glancing at Archer as he mutters something about him making my ears bleed. I snort and take his hand, pausing for a moment to catch my breath.

"Can I have this dance?" He scoffs at my question and shakes his head, grinning.

"What're we, Troy and Gabriella? No, too cliche. And this song isn't even a slow dance, it's like a-" I lean forward and kiss him, pulling away with satisfaction when I catch the bewildered look on his face.

He rolls his eyes. "Fine. Whatever." I smirk and pull him over to me, taking his hand and putting mine on his shoulder. He rolls his eyes again, quirking an eyebrow as he glances down at me. "You're too cliche. It's actually giving me hives."

"Oh, shut up," I say, tripping on my own feet in an attempt to dance. "Eh, never mind, it's- crap!" I rush over to the oven and yank it open, grabbing the mitt and pulling out the flour. He turns around to me, watching as I place it on the counter.

"Why'd you- you heated the flour?" I nod and touch the flour lightly with the tip of my finger, cursing and pulling away.

"Ugh, it's too hot. Now we have to wait longer." I turn to him and tilt my head at his quizzical stare. "What?"

"Why did you put the flour in the oven? I know you suck at cooking, but I didn't know you were that bad. I mean-"

"If it's not treated then it might have salmonella in it," I say simply, glaring at him. "Did you know that?"

He shakes his head, a smile tugging at his lips. "No, I didn't, actually. Nice."

"Hmph," is all I say as the song comes to an end.

He turns to me and I look up at him. "What should we do while we wait?" I roll my eyes, ignoring the heat crawling up my neck.

"You're disgustingly cliche."

He gives me a weird look. "I don't know what the hell you were thinking, but I was thinking pillow fight." He pauses for a second. "You're weird. I think you've read way too many Wattpad books." I groan and trudge into the living room.

"I haven't read a Wattpad book in the last two years," I say, glaring at him, although it's a lie. "Plus, most of those books are cliché." He doesn't need to know I secretly enjoy cliché, though.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," he says, glancing at me skeptically. "But don't think I don't know about 'The Bad Boy's Secret Nerd'," he snickers, and my eyes widen and my face burns. I launch myself at him and we both fall back onto the couch, Archer throwing his hands over his face as I grab a pillow and throw it at him as hard as I can.

"What the hell?" I shriek over his laughter, my chest heaving. "How do you know about that? I mean- it was a joke, back when I was friends with Bree and she dared me to write a Zayn Malik fan-fic and then Rach read it and she showed it to Shea and-" I stop myself and sit back, my face still burning. "Wait, so doesn't that mean you have an account?" He shrugs and sits back on the couch, picking up any near pillows and tossing them out of my reach.

"Nah, I mean I do, but I never wrote anything," he says, sitting back up. "Have you ever read After?" I blow a strand of hair out of my face and roll my eyes.

"It's a Harry Styles fan-fic, of course I've read it. Twelve-year-old me was all over it."

"They're making it into a movie. Did you know?" I nod and fall face-first onto the couch.

"Mmhm."

"Maybe we could go see it?" I hum again, not intending to move at all until I remember the cookie dough. I roll off the couch and get up, motioning for him to follow me. "Come on." He gets up and follows me into the kitchen, but before we go any farther, I turn around and place a hand on his chest, forcing him to stop.

"Okay, we do not speak of this, um, the Wattpad stuff. Understood?" He nods, grinning, and pats me on the head.

"You've got it, Ken." I roll my eyes and turn around, heading back into the kitchen with a sigh.

Archer presses his finger to the flour, nodding. "Well, we wasted enough time, so that's good," he says, wiping his hands on his pants. "So what we do next is-" he stops when he looks at me. "What's wrong?" I roll my eyes, actually annoyed for once.

"You can't just bring up 'The Bad Boy's Secret Nerd' and leave it at that. Come on, how did you come across it?" He shrugs and leans on the countertop, looking at me.

"You're actually mad at me?" I just nod, not taking my eyes off of him.

"Well, you really want to know?" I nod again.

He sighs. "Kit showed it to me."

"What?"

He stares at me, suddenly looking very out of place. "Um, yeah. She showed it to me that day you came to my house-" he coughs. "That time with the big boy undies." I snort, still with a straight face, when I remember that...incident. "She asked me if I knew who you actually were, y'know, not the stereotypical popular girl everyone thought you were, and I told her yes, and then she showed it to me. I mean, I already knew you weren't what everyone thought you were, but that-" he shrugs, rubbing the back of his neck. "I think it made me like you a bit more."

I roll my eyes, smiling slowly. "That's kinda messed up, not gonna lie." He laughs, and I lean over the counter so I'm at his level. "You already liked me at that point?"

He nods, not taking his eyes off me. "Well, yeah. Did you?" I look down at the counter.

"Yeah, I did." He smiles and slides to the other side of the counter, to me, and wraps me up in a hug. I sigh and press my forehead to his chest for a second before pulling away.

"You know I love you, right?" I look up at him, his arms still around me, and nod.

"Yeah, I know. Can we just make this freaking cookie dough already? I just wanna eat it." He laughs and lets go of me, turning to the sink.

"Yup, were gonna make it now. Don't you worry." I nod and unlock his phone, which was lying on the counter, and pull up the recipe.

"Okay, so all we need to do now is mix the butter, sugar, flour, milk, vanilla and salt." He nods. "Did you soften the butter?" He nods again, so I pull the bowls over to me and start pouring everything in.

"Wait! Did you wash your hands?" I rolls my eyes, and yet I'm grinning.

"Seriously, Arch?"

"Yes, seriously." The look on his face matches. "Come on, your hands have more germs on them than a toilet seat." I grin and get up, walking towards him. He turns around and I rub my hands on his face, laughing at his unamused scowl.

"Cruel," is all he says before shifting to the left of the sink. "Now wash your damn hands, woman." I oblige, sticking my hands under the warm water.

"Alright," he says, once we're both at the counter. "So all we need to do now is mix everything. We can handle that."

"Can we though?"

"Probably not, but let's do it anyways."
                                _____________
"Okay, well that took longer than I expected," he says, glancing down at the bowl like it wasn't worth it. "But now we can eat it!"

"Finally. Wanna watch a movie?"

"No, I don't wanna distract myself. I've been waiting long enough to eat this crap."

I snort. "Okay then. Can we at least watch something after?" He shrugs.

"Sure."

"Friends? Riverdale? Stranger Things?"

Suddenly he starts jumping up and down like a six year old. "Oh my god, can we please watch Life In The Dream-house?" I groan and shake my head. 

"No, come on. Let's just watch something normal. That like, regular teenagers watch," I say, crossing my arms as he slams two spoons on the counter.

"You're no fun, by the way."

"Thanks for letting me know."

"Welcome."

Eventually, I pull him to the couch and turn on Friends, much to his disapproval.

"Oh, come on," he starts to complain, and I can already tell it won't stop any time soon. "I've watched this thousands of times. Can't we just-" I catch him mid-mini tantrum and shove a spoon of cookie dough in his mouth, watching his reaction with a smirk.

He chews, glaring at me. "Well, it came out pretty good." I laugh and nod.

"Yeah, it did."

After a while, I finish my bowl and throw it on the floor, falling back onto the pillow and listening to the familiar voices playing on the T.V.
____________
I wake up to the same sounds, hoping I wasn't out for too long.

I pull myself up and glance at Archer, asleep as I just was.

I smile to myself and grab the remote, quickly entering Netflix and typing in "Life in The Dream-house."

As the show starts, I glance at that sleeping moron and crawl over to him, sitting besides him. I watch as a slow smile grows on his face, and he reaches out and pulls me closer.

I roll my eyes but don't pull away, biting my tongue.

"Idiot," I mutter before drifting off to sleep again.

___________________________
A/N~
My lord, long time no see! I'm really sorry about the lack of updates, I haven't really been wanting to write this story much, mostly because I'm really excited for my new story, and that's what I've been mostly doing. (I won't be done with that until probably the end of the year, since it's for a class, sooooo) yeah! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed these idiotic kids! Please vote and all that jazz, or not, do whatever you want :P
ALSO~ akorns gave me the frickin ADORABLE IDEA to make them watch Friends and then she turns on Life in The Dreamhouse for him. I just had to give credit because it's like the cutest thing EVER!!!! So thank you very much fren!
P.S- happy late holidays!
~ a waffle

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

24.3M 1.1M 61
Now available in paperback! "I LOVE IT!" - CarniaHolmes "I'm going to break your nose, because I don't like your face," Carter said. She pointed...
32.6K 1K 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
Asher's Heart بواسطة ***x***

قصص المراهقين

2M 78.7K 49
Unlike everyone else, Ellie Anderson thought she had it easy in high school. Except for the first year. It sucks for everyone. But her reason was tot...
808 4 27
So this story has a lot of drama with these teens beat killed crazy talking I was mad of how I'm going to type this story so I make a chapter then...