Lost and Found

descuarte tarafından

Sometimes you have to lose a gold for you to find a rare gem. Daha Fazla

Chapter 1: Lost Wife
Chapter 2: Sherlock's Wife

Chapter 3: Right Time

1 0 0
descuarte tarafından

Kevan's POV:

" Because you're my date tonight." I said as I watched Annah walking away.

I still can't move on from what happened a while ago. Not just about that Daniel West but also about how Annah hugged him behind. I am not so happy to see that scene. And it seems like she's not bothered about what she have done. Hindi naman siguro mababaw na dahilan iyon para magselos.

" Ako?" she said as she turned her way to me. " Nagbibiro ka ba?"

I knew she would react this way. But I'm not kidding.

" I'm not kidding, Annah" I said pulling a chair inches away from the table she prepared. " So, better come and sit coz I'm starving."

" Baliw ka na talaga. Naubusan ka na ba ng babae na idedate kaya ako naman ang nakita mo? Kev!!! We're bestfriends." she protested.

Bestfriends. I hate that word. I never liked it. When is that going to change.

" Will you stop acting like you're so pretty." I said. " I know we're BESTFRIENDS! So you better know well. And you're not my type. This is not the date that you've wished to have with me." I winked.

Of course, I never meant what I said. I always wanted to have a real date with someone special to me and that's Havannah.

" Baliw 'to. Alis na ako." she said as she walks away again.

" Havannah Andrea Willer!!!" I yelled.

She's a stubborn.

" Will you please stop yelling, Kevan!" she yelled back. She's pissed. I know. And I like it.

" If you want me to stop yelling. Come and sit, princess." I demanded. "I'll be good. I promise."

" Ano ba na naman kasi to Kevan." she said marching her way to the table. As usual she won't resist my requests or shall I say "demands".

" Just sit." I chuckled as she sit aggressively. " Wait here."

I left her sitting patiently as I went to grab the box I've dropped when I was trying to pull Annah and Daniel West from their death.

" Ano naman yan?" Annah asked pointing the box I placed in front of her.

" Well, it WAS a cake... before I dropped it." I said as I opened the box. Hoping it's still presentable and edible.

Nang mabuksan na ang box. Halos hindi na maitsura ang cake. Maybe I didn't really dropped it. I think I threw it... accidentally. But the candle is still there.

" Sure ka ba cake yan?" tawang tanong ni Annah.

" Yes... it was. It's a very special cake since it is baked by our top chef. It's supposed to be your birthday cake."

" Bi-birth... birthday?" gulat na sabi niya.

" Yes. You're birthday, Onanah."

" Pinagloloko mo ba ako?" she said giving me a straight face.

" Why?" I asked.

" Bukas pa birthday ko. Wag kang ano."

" I know. But I won't be here tomorrow. Dad asked me to be with him in New York. I'll be gone for 2 weeks. So I made an advance birthday dinner for my very special BESTFRIEND's 18th birthday. Happy Birthday Onanah."

" You made? Wow." she said in her unbelievable tone.

" Yes and you're welcome. Galing ko di ba? For sure you we're surprised. And I know you will miss me. So tonight... I'm yours." I said proudly with open arms.

" Sa mga nangyari ngayong gabi? Sino ba ang hindi masusurprise! At for this dinner? Nag-effort ka kaya." she said sarcastically.

I know right.

" So, let's start by blowing your candle." I said excitedly.

" How about you sing first." she said looking at me playfully.

I know those looks. She's trying to embarrass me. I can't sing.

" Sing what?"

" Lupang Hinirang." she said rolling her eyes.

" Come on. You know I don't sing. Let's just pretend I did. Or shall I let youtube sing."

" Ay naku wag na lang. Minsan nga lang ako magrequest. Uwi na lang a-."

Before she finished her sentence. I sang...

" Happy Birthday to you... Happy Birthday to youuu... Tama na uwi ka na lang."

" Ito naman ang bilis mag-inarte. Sige na tama na yun. Sakit rin sa tenga eh."

" Whatever."

" Gwapo nga boses palaka naman." tawang sabi niya.

" Just blow the candle." I demanded.

It's been a while since I had Annah alone. I'm glad I made it this time.

The dinner wasn't perfect. And like old times, it wasn't peaceful. Wala kang ibang maririnig sa buong rooftop kundi asaran at bangayan namin sa isa't isa.

I miss this. No flirting and no pretending. Just me and Annah, being us.

Whenever I'm with Annah. I don't have to be decent and presentable. I can be who I really am. I am just Kevan. Not the rich, handsome, popular and casanova prince, Kevan Roy Quest.

" So when ang balik mo?" she asked while still munching a cake.

" After two weeks ngaaaa. Miss mo na agad ako?" I said watching her enjoying every bite of the crumbled cake.

" Hindi ahh. Salamat at makakapaghinga ako sa mga kabaliwan mo." she protested.

" Really? You won't miss this most wanted face in this country?" I asked as I smile sarcastically.

I just want her to say she will miss me.

But instead...

TUBIG!!!

Unbelievable.

" Kev... TUBIG!!! please..." she begged as she continuously rubbing her chest.

" Damn Havannah!" I yelled as I ran next to her to give her a glass of water na dali-dali naman niyang ininum. " Will you slow down? When was the last time you ate a cake?" I asked worriedly while gently tapping her back.

" Ano ba naman kasi Kevan. Ikaw ang magslow down sa mga pinagsasabi mo diyan."

" What did I do? Nagtatanong lang naman ako. You don't have to swallow the whole cake if you won't really miss me. You can say NO." I said feeling disappointed.

I was about to walk back to my sit when she grabbed my arm. At that moment, I felt special.

" Ang OA mo."

Or maybe not.

" Syempre mamimiss kita nuh! Ikaw pa na napakagwapo at napaka... ewan... basta mamimiss ko ang nag-iisang bestfriend ko." she said giving me her most beautiful smile.

" I know." I smiled back. Even though she reminded me again about us being just bestfriends.

Little did she know, may icing ng cake ang bibig niya. Hindi ko maiwasang mapatitig sa mga labi niya.

I don't know why but I couldn't help myself but to wipe the chocolate stain from her mouth using my thumb without asking her consent.
Pareho kaming nagulat at natahimik sa aking ginawa until our eyes met. Everything went frozen except for my heart that pounds like a lunatic. The cold air became warm as my hands slowly cup her small face.

" Ke-Kev?..." she said.

But I can't answer her. Mas nakafocus lang ako sa mga tingin niya. Ang tingin na gusto kong magbago. I wanted her to see me as a man, not as a bestfriend. Kung alam niya lang kung gaano kahirap ang itago ang nararamdan ko para sa kanya. I wanted her to know how much she makes me crazy.

Suddenly, my focus went to her lips.

What am I doing? I could lose her if I can't stop myself.

Then an urge came to me to move my face closer to hers.

Closer.

And closer.

And clo-.

" Naghugas ka ba ng kamay?"

Damn.

" Wh-what?" Dali-dali kong ibinababa ang kamay ko as if nothing happened.

" Sabi ko, naghugas ka ba ng kamay para ipunas mo yang kamay mo sa bibig ko. Yuck ha." she said feeling disgusted.

Natawa na lang ako sa sinabi niya. Muntik ko nang makalimutan na si Havannah Andrea Willer pala 'tong kaharap ko. I almost lost myself. But I'm glad I didn't. This isn't the right time.

" You're supposed to be thankful. Most girls wanted to hold this hand of mine. Pero ikaw, napunasan ka ng makikinis kong kamay." I said kissing my hand.

I just laughed as she keep on giving me her disgusted face.

" Then I'm not one of those "most girls"." she said rolling her eyes adorably.

Of course. You are way more better than them.

"Ako kaya ang wife ni Sherlock." she added. Which made confused.

" Sherlock? What are you talking about?" takang tanong ko.

" Walaaa. Pero kamusta na kaya yung lalaki kanina." sabi niya habang binabalot ang natitirang cake.

" So... After you sexually harassed him, you are worried about him?" I asked sitting comfortably as I watched her wrapped the cake. She's really into the cake than me.

" Napayakap lang sexual harassment na agad? And that wasn't even a hug para magselos ka diyan."

Napalunok ako ng sabihin niyang nagseselos ako.

Am I that obvious?

" I'm not jealous, Onanah. If you want, I can update you about him later." I insisted. " And what are you doing?"

" Sayang naman kasi. For sure itatapon mo lang naman ito kaya dadalhin ko para kina Patrick at Aunty." she gracefully grabbed the cake.

" That cake? It doesn't even look edible anymore. Put it down. I'll buy you ten."

" O sige na ikaw na ang rich. Pero wag ka nang bumili. Ito na lang." she said hugging the cake.

" Correction. Rich and handsome."

" Ewan ko sa'yo. Uwi na ako. Busog na ako eh." sabi niya sabay ngiti na abot tenga.

" Who said you're going home?"

" Ha? Ano ba gabi na wala na akong masasakyan 'pag tumagal pa ako dito. Tawagan mo na lang ako 'pag may kailangan ka."

" You're going home with me tonight." I said grabbing her hand. "Let's Go."

" Nabuang na." the last word she left at the rooftop.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

137K 4.9K 18
[PROFESSOR SERIES II] Astrea Zaire Luceria thought she was incapable of loving someone. But the moment she laid her eyes on a certain Art Professor...
3M 183K 60
As far as she remembers, she's the obsessed one. Laila does some crazy things while secretly fangirling over the campus semi-cal cutie, Asher James P...
1M 32.4K 42
(Game Series # 10) Tali coursed through life with ease. Coming from a family full of lawyers, she knew that getting a job would not be a problem. Kai...
1.7M 79.1K 56
[This is a GL story] Date started: March 24, 2017 Date completed: April 29, 2020 Additional chapters: Date Started: May 9, 2020 Date completed: July...