Dear Soulmate (Laito Sakamaki...

נכתב על ידי Bakamono_dearu

dear soulmate, for years, I have yearned for you to come and save me from my misery. But never did you come. ... עוד

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 35
Author's Note (Q and A)
epilogue 1
Hello, Stranger

chapter 34

3.3K 160 202
נכתב על ידי Bakamono_dearu

chapter 34 Beautiful Liar

------
Dear "soulmate",

So she likes writing letters to you, huh? Such a sweetheart.

You are probably some human, living a normal life. Probably someone who has good grades, more than average looks, and a gentlemanly appeal. Mhmm.. Her dream guy, perhaps?

Anyway, don't expect her to write any letters meant for you after this. Why, you may ask? Because she's mine.

I don't give a fuck if you're her real soulmate or if you really exist. Her body, mind, heart, soul, and everything is for mine to savor.

If you're not me then you're just dirt under my fe

----

"Laito, give it back!" the girl literally fumed, reaching for her journal that was dangling on top of her.

"Why? Didn't you tell me that it's just a lecture notebook?" the redhead teased, arm raised so high as he continuously taunted her with the notebook in his hand. "I need to catch up on our lessons so why not let your boyfriend read your precious notes?"

She blushed as the male referred to himself as her boyfriend.

"Y-you're an idiot! I'm a third year! My notes can't help you." She stuttered out, jumping up and down.

"It's advance lessons, my love." Laito countered, green eyes observing the girl's agitated face as she jumped up and down.

He read some of the contents of the notebook and he was well aware that it was a journal meant to be read by the girl's soulmate. It was amusing that his love was capable of being embarrassed. He just learned yet another side of her.

'So cute.'

With a cheerful smirk, the vampire leaned forward the same time the girl was jumping which led for their lips to briefly meet.

"Oh." he feigned a shock expression, holding his lips, "I didn't know that you're this forward."

She retreated in haste, eyes enlarged in surprise. "... You're such a..."

With an exhausted sigh, the girl turned away from him and marched towards the limousine that was waiting for them. Did I tease her too much?

"H-hey, wait up. I was just kidding." he called out, running up to her.

"Yeah, yeah. I know." she answered him.

"You're not mad?"

"Not much."

Relieved, the redhead couldn't help but hold the girl's hand and interlocked it with his. He kissed her knuckles softly, muttering, "I love you."

The girl just watched him in awe, really amazed by the fact that the vampire was indeed showing so much affection to her. He was confessing to her every single time their eyes would meet. It might be obsessive but she honestly likes it this way. She depends on him and he depends on her. She couldn't live without him and he couldn't live without her. Both were the life sources of the other. Their love may be twisted for normal people but for the both of them, it was perfect.

"You're in deep thoughts." Laito pointed out.

"I'm thinking of several ways of how I should snatch that notebook on your right hand." she answered.

This made him laugh before handing the object to her. "I'm sorry for taking your precious notes. I will never ever take them ever again."

The girl rolled her eyes, lightly pushing the vampire with her free hand to which he responded to with a laugh.

In a distance, Laito's full brothers eyed the scene with a look that firmly judges the couple's entire existence.

"They're so disgusting." Kanato voiced out with squinted eyes and creased forehead.

"I never knew that I'd agree with a psychopath like you." Ayato nodded in agreement, scratching his neck as if to cleanse his body from the urge to cringe.

"But at least the ugly girl will stay." the purple-haired Sakamaki muttered, relieved at such fact.

"Ah. Ayato, Kanato. Good morn—" the approaching blonde petite girl was cut off as she spotted the scene the two were looking at.

Her heart ached a bit, an aura of gloominess approaching her form.

'Look what you did, you stupid girl.'

Amidst the lingering regret she feels, there was this shred of relief present in her veins.

"... Maybe it wasn't just meant to be." she whispered to herself with a small pained smile.

------

"Thank you very much for taking care of me for the past few months." Yuto said with a bow.

In front of him was his homeroom adviser. He handed out the documents needed for his leave and as of this moment, he was officially not a student of Ryoutei Academy anymore.

"It's such a bummer that you're going away so fast, Hirano." the adult lady said, a hint of regret present on her face.

"Well, it's personal matters." he laughed, waving his hand around.  He then released a sigh, "I'll see you around, ma'am."

With a final bow, he sauntered out the faculty room.

"... Hah... Now all I have to do is look for her." he whispered to himself, leaning against the wall beside the faculty room door.

With another sigh, he decided to start his walk out the building. He put his hands in his pocket, clutching on to the voice recorded he had kept for years. It contained all his daily messages for his soulmate. For her. Once he finds her, he will confess his feelings and give the recorder to her. It's up to her if she'll go to US with him. As an object of his affection, she must be the one to decide her own fate and that's why he'll respect her decisions no matter what it may be.

The purple-haired male was very much aware that this will be a hard feat to conquer. His soulmate doesn't seem to plan to return to school any longer and that means that he has to search outside the school. He only has six days remaining to search the entire area of Kaminashi.

"Laito, stop being a sh*thead and give me that black board eraser back!" a familiar feminine voice shouted in annoyance.

... Or not?

Alerted by the sound of her voice, Yuto turned his head to his left, seeing a redhead in fedora running past him with an idiotic grin on his face and a black board eraser on one hand.

The vampire also spotted him, permitting an intense staring contest between the two. He skidded into a halt, jogging back to the androgynous male. "It's you!"

"Give me that back! Shuu is still waiting for me—" the girl stopped running, sweat falling on her face as she spotted two individuals she was well acquainted with. "Yuto? Laito?"

Both the males stared at her, showing varied expression on their faces. One was elated while the other one was utterly confused.

"Love, he's the guy I'm telling you about!" Laito pointed out, forest green eyes sparkling in delight. He then looked at Yuto once again. "You told me to confess my feelings to the person I love, right?"

'Oh... The talk in the clinic.'

"... Yes, I did tell you that..." he said, a bad feeling settling on the pit of his stomach.

"See?" the redhead boasted at the approaching girl.

"Is that so..?" she pursed her lips. "Well..." She feels quite conflicted at this setup.

"Thank you for your advice." Laito said, eyes on Yuto. "Because of you, I managed to tell her my feelings and now, she's my lover." The vampire pulled the girl closer to him, leaning his head on top of hers. He gave the androgynous male a large thankful smile.

...

'Stupid,' the idol thought.

Yuto continuously ridiculed himself, his heart aching as he processed what he just did. He just gave his soulmate away to someone for free?

"C-Congratulations." he stuttered out, watching her blush at the sudden intimate contact between her and her lover.

'... It hurts.'

Completely uncomfortable with Laito's sudden public display of affection, the girl stepped on his foot which made the male take steps away from her. "But Yuto..."

The distracted purple-haired male snapped his attention back to her. "Yes?"

"Why aren't you in your uniform?" she asked.

"Ah... I..." he scrambled for a proper response, "I told the teacher about my leave of absence for the coming months..."

"Leave?" an expression of worry entered her face, "Why so sudden?"

"You see..." he paused, ignoring the lump forming in his throat. His chest ached, head throbbing and body trembling. He closed his eyes as he tried to compose himself.

He inwardly sighed, '... I lost.'

The male finally opened his eyes, smiling at her brightly. "Due to my undeniably good looks, I got a modeling job in Paris." he struck a pose, doing a finger gun notion towards the girl.

"Wow, that's cool." she replied with a finger gun of her own. "... Why so sudden though...?

"Come on, I won't be gone for long. Let's get in touch through chats, okay?" he said, hands settling back in his pockets. He clutched on the voice recorder tightly once again, hoping that it would give him the comfort he needed amidst the dull pain in his body.

'I can't be with her... This is such a cruel way for fate to tell me this fact.'

"I-I have to leave." Yuto finally said after a long silence. "My manager is waiting for me outside."

"Really?.. Oh right. Shuu is left alone in the classroom cleaning." the girl remembered, feeling sorry for her friend. "You too, you lazy hoe. Stop ditching your cleaning partner." she said, pointing at the redhead who stayed silent the entire exchange.

"Goodbye then." Yuto waved with a large grin. "I'm happy that I was able to help you two get together. I know very well that I'm a great cupid." He gave the vampire a soft punch, "Take care of my closest senior friend, okay?"

"Of course. That goes without saying." Laito answered, holding onto his punched arm.

"Bye bye!" and with that, the idol skipped away from the couple.

"Let's go?" Laito asked the girl once the other male was away.

"Yep."

Arms in each other's shoulder, the two waddled back to their respective classrooms. Unbeknownst to the girl, the vampire took a glance towards Yuto's retreating back.

'Such a loser. It's so easy to win against someone like him.'

Delighted with his victory and the way he rubbed salt on the human male's wound, he kissed his beloved's hair blissfully.

"I said stop kissing me!" the girl growled in annoyance.

Her voice echoed across the empty hallway, allowing Yuto to hear the affectionate way she was scolding the redhead.

'What just happened? What did I just do? Why did I do that?'

He closed his eyes in pain, feeling the weight of his lie upon his shoulders. It was a lie that determined the fate of the both of them. Now, they will part ways and most probably, they will never meet again.

Was it all just an illusion? The spark he felt between them? Was he being delusional upon thinking that they share something special? Why did he even bother to try and stay in Japan if there's no one who badly wants him to stay?

She didn't even flinch when she told him that he was leaving. She simply didn't care.

'... You never liked me.'

Such thought made him feel even more miserable.

'I'm letting you go because I want you to be happy..."

Isn't that the right choice? If you love someone, you'll let them go. She'll be happier if she is to be with someone that isn't one step away from death.

'... It hurts. Because in all honesty, I really really like you.'

------

Beautiful Liar

"This is a beautiful life, my last lie,

Even if it hurts to death, I am hiding myself under a mask for you,

It's alright if you leave me; I want you to be happy.

I'm a beautiful, beautiful liar."

- VIXX LR, Beautiful Liar

QED.

(BKM: Only one chapter left! There will be a couple of epilogues to be posted depending upon how I feel.

Just a question though; Do you guys listen to the songs I put? It can certainly enhance the experience. If you like Kpop/Jpop, that is.

Questions here! To be answered by the Author's Note after the last chapter!)

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

7.4K 123 13
( Diaboilk Lovers x Male Oc ) This is a story about five adopted brothers who has a miserable in they're childhood always treated badly and never be...
63.7K 1.2K 22
//A Diabolik Lovers Fanfiction//A human, Yui lives with the six sadistic vampires becomes the target of Mukami Brothers for Adam and Eve project. But...
40.2K 1K 20
After what happened between Yuki and Subaru, Yuki has been shutting everyone out and hiding herself from Society. What will happen when four handsome...
140K 3.1K 21
【 𝚂𝙰𝙺𝙰𝙼𝙰𝙺𝙸 𝙱𝚁𝙾𝚃𝙷𝙴𝚁𝚂 × 𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙳𝙴𝚁 】 ___________𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝐀 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥, 𝐬𝐨 𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩...