chapter 14

chapter 14 Three Facts

------

dear soulmate,

i'm confused. i know that i'm always confused but this time, i am confused in such unimaginable ways.

i've grown fearless towards the future ever since you've enlightened me through my dark times. however, right now, i'm actually starting to fear it. i fear it knowing that my current path may not lead to you.

and it makes me wonder; why am i even living if my life that exists to find you is being lived the way it isn't meant to be?

------

"I want to be your sacrificial bride, Laito."

The girl slapped her face with both hands, eyes widened as her stupidity days ago slowly sink into her feeble mind. "Did I really plan to say that!?"

Did she really plan to be tangled up in a mess that involves the Sakamaki's family feud and ruin her otherwise normal life?

'Hell no.'

"I don't even know what a sacrificial bride is!" she complained, walking back and forth her spacious room. "What does it do? Does it mean that I have to be an actual housewife? Or is it a fancy term for cooking me in a cauldron with his perspiration as broth?"

She had been continuously thinking about these thoughts so frequently to the point of losing sleep. It was driving her crazy. And the proof of that was the dark circles on her eyes as well as her pale complexion.

"He makes my heart beat faster whenever he's near." she paused.

'He had always does.'

His hot breath lightly the girl's ear as his face moved further back to her head. He then abruptly twisted the chair she was sitting on and grasped on her chin, moving closer for their noses to meet. His other hand forcefully spread her legs open, letting his lower body move closer to her.

There was silence and both didn't move from their position.

The girl remembered his magnetic gaze, his forest green eyes, his empty expression hoping to imitate a happy one.

His lean figure seemed to glow as the moonlight shone against his porcelain skin. He mildly wet his pale pink lips, blue rose still near its premise. His fedora hat cast a shadow on his auburn locks, making it look a bit darker. Blended in his surrounding littered with flowers, he looked like a piece of art in motion, a painting, a divine being not from this world.

She was enraptured and paralyzed by his unique pair of eyes.

She tried to ignore the attraction since it scared her with the countless horrendous possibilities it will cause. But now, it started to have a life of its own, making her unable to restrain herself from doing things she might regret.

"I need help." she finally said.

She can't keep feeding her monster with doubts. She also can't ignore it so might as well find a way to satiate its hunger.

"I'll find information regarding sacrificial brides," she told herself, grabbing a small pouch which contained a gift that she received from Laito.

The redhead threw the ball at an alarmingly massive strength, hitting the bottles as well as destroying them in the process.

The spectators of the male watched in amazement as the bell indicating a winner rang and shook the entire carnival.

The shopkeeper stared at the young man in front of him, mouth slightly open. "Y-you won the first prize... w-which is the giant stuffed—"