Wicked Distractions [Complete...

JesiiFord

This is a btvs/supernatural xo fanfic. I'm obsessed with the idea of Faith and Dean. So perfect. I own none o... Еще

Chapter 1: Another new school
Chapter 2: Heartbreak
Author's Note
Chapter 3 - Bad News
Chapter 4 - 7 Years Later
Chapter 6- A Familiar Face in a Familiar Place
Authors Note
Chapter 8 - For Sam's Sake
Chapter 9 - Danger
Chapter 10 - Daddy's Back
Authors Note
Chapter 11 - Made For Me
Chapter 12 - One Perfect Week Later
Chapter 13 - Sail Away
Chapter 14 - 13 Years Later
Chapter 15 - Ripping Off The Bandaid
Chapter 16 - Feel The Noise
Chapter 17 - Highway to Hell
Chapter 18 - Dealing
Chapter 19 - Lisa
Chapter 20 - Reformed Slayer
Chapter 21 - Save Your Goodbyes
Chapter 22 - Heat
Chapter 23 - Swan Song
Authors Note

Chapter 7- Troubled Teens

314 7 1
JesiiFord

Sam didn't look up from the small television when Dean stepped into the room, food and beer in hand. He quickly placed the six pack in the mini fridge and handed his brother his root beer and burger.

"Thanks." He said without tearing his eyes away from some sitcom rerun.

Dean sighed and plopped down next to him on the short couch. He tore into his own food after tossing his jacket across the back of the couch.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Faith slip into the room quietly and take a quick look around. He scrunched his eyebrows together in puzzlement. She was such a question to him, but he knew she wasnt trouble. Just troubled, troubled like him. She always had been. Faith was definitely different now, but he felt she still had a huge shield up. He didn't blame her at all for it. Life was shitty and you had to deal somehow.

He went back to his greasy burger and finished it just as Faith came up behind Sam and ruffled his hair.

"Look at you, Sammy. All grown up." She said loudly, making Sam jump in his seat.

Sam jerked his head back, eyes wide as they met hers.

A flurry of emotions ran across the kids face before he recognized her.

"Faith?" He squeaked out.

She grinned cockily. "In the flesh, kiddo."

Sam jumped over the back of the couch and into her arms before she could react. He tightened his arms around her, and Dean saw shock come into her eyes.

Awkwardly she brought a single arm around Sam's shoulders as if she didn't quite know what a hug was.

Sam finally released her and her mask slid back on her face. But, Dean had noticed the brief look of sadness in her eyes again.

"I knew you'd still be here. I told you, Dean." Sam said excitedly. "But, what are you doing here? How'd you know where to find us. I haven't seen you at school."

She shrugged and replied. "I've been around."

Sam smiled at her. "Well, I'm glad you're here."

Faith pulled the chair over that sat by the door. "What are you watching, kid?"

Dean watched his brother settle back down on the couch and earnestly talk to Faith. He couldn't help but to stare at her.

He honestly didn't know what to expect from her. This was Faith Lehane. The sad little girl was still there somewhere just under the surface but there was more to her that intrigued him.

Mind lost in his thoughts, he didn't notice Faith and Sam had stopped talking until her eyes met his over the top of Sam's head.

She smirked cockily again, but it didn't reach her eyes.
Winking at Dean, she turned back to the television.

He sighed and shook his head and looked at the clock.

"Isnt it about your bedtime, Sammy?" Dean said.

Sam groaned. "But, Faith just got here. I wanted to see her more."

"I can come back tomorrow, kid." Faith replied.

"Can she Dean?" Sammy begged, reminding Dean how much of a kid he still was.

He just nodded to his brother. Sam smiled a thousand watt smile before rushing off to the bathroom.

Once the door shut behind him, Dean turned to Faith.

"Don't get his hopes up if you aren't going to show up."

"Why would I do that? I like the kid, I wouldn't hurt him." She pursed her lips as if she meant something else than what she said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked and stood up from the couch and tossed his trash into the can across the room.

"Isn't that what you and your dad are good at? Lies and hurting people." Her dark eyes challenged his.

Dean scoffed. "You obviously don't know me at all."

He grabbed a can of beer from the fridge and took a deep swig before pouring the rest into a cup. He didn't want Sam to see him drinking and tell their dad. That was the last thing he needed.

He watched her shake her head.

"Whatever. It's five by five now."

She walked over to the fridge and got herself a beer the same way Dean had got his.

"It's not by the way you said it. Is this about us having to move 7 years ago? Because I told you..."

She cut him off and sat herself on the little kitchen table. "That was your dad's fault. You guys became the family I never had and then you abandoned me too."

She looked down at the floor and Dean saw her mask slide away and reveal the Faith he remembered so well.

"Faith, I..." He started and stopped. He didn't know what to say.

"It's fine. I'm used to it really."

She drank long and hard from her cup before looking at him again. Her face hardening she spoke quietly, "She decided alcohol was more important than me."

"What?" He had no idea what she was talking about.

"You asked about my mom earlier. She left me alone when I was 12. Alcohol was more important. The school finally found out and had me put into a group home."

Dean sighed. "I'm sorry, Faith."

"I don't want your pity. I just thought you'd understand."

Sam came out of the bathroom and announced he was going to bed.

"What do you want to do tomorrow, kid? You still like dinosaurs and sports?" Faith grinned at Sam.

Sam laughed. "Sure, but I'm not a little kid anymore."

"Oh, I can tell, Sammy. How about the arcade?"

"There's an arcade?" At Faith's nod, Sam continued.

"That's so cool. Dean, can we, please?"

"Sure, Sammy. Sounds good." Dean smiled at his brother and it made him happy to see his brothers face light up.

Sam climbed into his bed on the far side of the room and snuggled himself in.

Dean turned the lights off and headed for the front door.

"You got your knife, Sammy?"

"Yes, I'm fine, Dean."

"Okay, goodnight."

"Goodnight."

Faith followed Dean outside where he left the door cracked and sat on the stone steps a few feet away.

"Isnt he almost 14?" Faith asked sitting beside him.

Dean nodded and drank from his cup.

"So, why does he still need a nightlight and a knife under his pillow?"

Dean glanced at her, knowing of all people in the world, she might understand about those monsters that go bump in the night. But, he didn't want to look crazy if he was wrong about her.

"You never know in these shitty motels." Is all he says.

He saw her eyes narrow in the semi dark.

"That's the lying I was talking about. You've always been bad at it." She turned away from him.

Silence fell between them and they both got lost in their own thoughts and memories.

After a while, Dean went back inside and returned with the rest of the beers. Handing one to her, he took his spot on the step again.

"How's Alex?" He smirked at her.

She rose her eyebrows at him and her quiet laughter bubbled out.

"That's something I haven't thought about in a long time."

"So he's gone too?"

"Yeah. For a while now."

"Good." Dean fell silent again.

Faith stood up and handed Dean her now empty cup.

"I should get back to the group home before they lock me out."

Their fingers brushed as she pulled away. Dean reached out and grabbed her hand before she walked away.

"You're coming back tomorrow, right? To take Sammy to the arcade."

She squeezed his hand in her own. "Yeah, I won't let the kid down."

Faith released his hand and walked away in the darkness. Dean watched her go in the flickering streetlight and a half smile came to his face. He didn't know what had changed in her over the last few hours, but he knew she wasn't as tough as she tried to seem.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

12.8K 432 47
At the end of yet another successful hunt, Sam and Dean Winchester are gifted a very unexpected call for help from their beloved angel, Castiel. The...
3K 45 9
This is a season rewrite with the reader inserted into the story. It starts at season 4 because that's when Castiel comes in. You were adopted by Bob...
6.2K 162 32
Hello, one and all!!! Welcome to the world of Supernatural Imagines. I will mostly be penning Dean and/or Jensen imagines in this book, but if you'd...
2.4K 31 17
My name is Angel, well that's what the Winchester brothers call me anyways. At first Dean and Sam thought I was a monster and hunted me but now that...