How It All Started - Dylan O'...

נכתב על ידי OHale24

Y/N and her best friend Vere are taking a much needed break from work. Of course, with this much needed break... עוד

Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Chapter 49

442 4 4
נכתב על ידי OHale24

Dylan and I pull apart from our kiss at the sound of my family cheering, reminding us that we weren't alone. "I'm taking that kiss as a yes?" Dylan says as he ignores the cheers for a moment and I nod. "Of course it's a yes," I say, giving him a quick kiss before hugging him.

"Can't believe you won't be a L/N anymore," my brothers says as he comes over to congratulate us. "Don't start with that," my dad says before I could reply walking up to me with my mom alongside him. "Don't worry I'll always be a l/n at heart, there's just an addition now." I say pulling away from Dylan. "I mean just listen, y/n O'Brien l/n, has a nice ring to it don't you think?" I say happily.

My dad nods teary-eyed and comes up to hug me. "Yes it does," he says placing a kiss on my head. "I love you mija(short in Spanish for 'my daughter')," he says and I hug him tighter. "I love you too apa(short in Spanish for dad)," I say and we pull apart so I could hug my mom. "I'm finally engaged, bet you never saw that one coming," I tell my brother playfully as we hug. "I really thought you were gonna be single for the rest of your life," He says shaking his head as he turns around to give Aaron 20 bucks. "Easy money," Aaron says before congratulating me.

"Wow, thanks for having faith in me," I say half-heartedly as I punch him softly on the shoulder. "If it makes you feel any better, I made that bet before you introduced me to Dylan, then I realized y'all were gonna make it and I regretted my bet," he says as he hugs Dylan. "Plus, I like him. Now," he says and we nod understanding.

"Y/N! Dylan!" We hear screaming coming from the bleachers. Turning around I see Dylan's family and the gang running over to us. "They were here this whole time?" I ask Dylan excitedly. "I told you, you're very suspicious of things. You would've known something was going on if I brought the gang and my family to play baseball today," he said bringing me in for another hug. "And you were right," I say before going over to hug our friends.

"Congratulations y/n, you're getting married!" Vere congratulates me tearfully. "I'm so glad you were here for it," I say hugging her tightly. "You know I wouldn't miss this for the world, plus, Dylan knew how important it is for you to have everyone there when you got engaged," she says glancing over at Dylan who was in a bro hug with Posey. "He was right, yet again," I smile.

We pull away from our hug and I walk over to Dylan as his parents walk up to us. "Welcome to the family," his mom tells me as she pulls me in for a group hug with her, Dylan, and I. The hugging and the congratulating went on until we had hugged everyone who was there.

"Wait, so you aren't hurt right?" I ask Dylan after the family had settled down to eat and he laughed. "No, it was all part of the plan to throw you off guard." He says brushing a strand of hair behind my ear as I applied slight pressure on his supposed injury. "Good, because if you were Aaron would have gotten an earful from me," I say throwing Aaron a look as he stood across from us. "You can't blame me, Dylan asked me to do it," Aaron responds and I laugh letting him know I was joking, at least partly.

"Well at least we know Dylan will always be well taken care of seeing as he is marrying a nurse," Dylan's sister, Julia, jokes and we laugh. "Of course, probably a little too much, but at least he will be taken care of," I say smiling at her before looking back at him.

"You should have seen Dylan planing this all out, he was freaking out," Holland laughs as she sits down at the table we were sitting at with her plate of food. "He wanted to be sure that you wouldn't see us behind those bleachers that he would send one of your cousins to stand in your position on the field to check if you'd be able to see us," she adds and Dylan begins to redden in embarrassment. "We all know how analytical she is, I would have been nervous too if Dylan hadn't checked," Posey said as he ruffled my hair playfully laughing at the thought.

"Alright, let's eat so we can go finish our game. I told Dylan we would beat him," I say as I quickly begin eating trying my hardest not to dirty the silver ring that sat comfortably on my left ring finger. "No, you said good luck, and I being the gentlemen that I am said it back," he pauses for emphasis. "Before I said 'we all know team one is going to win' and that I'd be saying I told you so by end of the game," he says smugly proud that he remembers how our conversation went. "Fine, then I'm saying it now. Team two is going to wipe the floor with Team one." I say sending an innocent smile his way.

"Watch it, I am team one's captain," my dad says playfully pushing my head as he say in the table behind us causing us to stifle a laugh. "Sorry," I instantly say before whispering to Dylan, "we are so taking you all down."

••

"So what was that about 'taking us all down'?" Dylan says as he comes up to me in my teams dugout. "Hey, one miss calculation from my team cost us the game, but I promise I'll get you next time," I say to him pointing a finger in the air as I spoke, walking back to my car.

"You better hope it doesn't turn out like it did today," he says as he starts placing our gear at the back of the car. "Trust me it won't, now let's go home so we can celebrate today with ice cream," I cheer excitedly. "My win?" He questions playfully.

"No, our engagement," I say to him pointing to my ring finger. "Exactly, my win," he smirks wrapping his arms around my waist to bring me in closer to him. "Well if you want to put it that way then it's our win," I say planting soft kisses on the side of his jaw.

"Go home kids, we do not want to see that," my uncle says walking past us as he covered his youngest daughters eyes and I blush in embarrassment. "Bye Tío," I laugh and so does he, that's just how he is.

"Alright let's go get ice cream so we can go home," Dylan says before getting into the drivers seat. "Babe, aren't you tired? Come on I'll drive," I say as I open his door but he shakes his head. "No, I'm fine. Let's go I want my chocolate ice cream," he says sending me a pout. "Alright you win, this time," I say before quickly getting into the passengers side.

"I stay winning today," he says reversing the car out of the parking lot and I laugh shaking my head.

••

After getting home from playing at the park we stopped by Baskin Robbins to get our ice cream and rushed back home before they melted.

"And you call me a reckless driver," I say as we walk into the house. "You said you wanted to get home before the ice cream melted," he replies in defense and I shake my head. "Yeah, alive!" I exclaim playfully. "Okay but we made it didn't we," he says. "You're lucky the cop that's usually at that stop sign wasn't there tonight," I call out to him as I place the baseball gear in the garage and he takes his luggage to our room.

"Dylan, you know what we should do tomorrow," I say excitedly as I sat next to him on the bed as we finished our ice cream. He hummed in response signaling me to continue. "Alright, so I've been wanting to do this for a long time," I say wish emphasis on long. "We should dress up like we're rich and go to a bunch of open houses so we can get special treatment," I say excitedly.

"Y/N, I am rich," he says biting his lip trying hard not to laugh.

"You're right, I forgot," I groan before lying down on the bed as I finished the last of my ice cream cone. "Doesn't mean we can't still go," he says poking my cheek happily. "Really?" I sit up, joy flooding into my system once more. "Really," he nods in confirmation and I hug him. "I knew I loved you," I say before jumping up to kiss him and a laugh erupts from his lips.

"Plus, it can help for when we go house hunting," he says and I hum happily. "We're really doing this," I say as he brings me down on his lap. "We're really doing this," he responds placing kisses along my jaw. "As much as I want to continue this, I need to go take a shower," I say not really moving away from our position. "No you don't," he hums into my neck and I bite my lip.

"Dylan we've been playing baseball all day, I definitely need a shower," I say and he reluctantly lets me go. "Alright, but don't take too long," he says before leaning over to the remote and I ponder over my crazy idea before deciding on it.

"That's a first," I say as I begin taking out a change of clean clothes.

"What is?" He asks as he begins taking off his shoes.

"You didn't ask to join me," I say looking up at the mirror as I spoke. "Because I respect your choice," he responds referring to my decision on waiting until marriage. "Well, you can always shower with me," I say looking up at the mirror in front of me in time to see Dylan's head turn to look at me quickly. "What?" He exclaims shocked and I laugh.

"But no funny business," I say to him walking over to the restroom that is attached to the room. "You're not messing with me?" He calls out his voice filled with shock and disbelief.

"Nope, but take too long and I-," I didn't even have to continue as I saw Dylan run into the restroom and I smile. "Are you sure about this?" He asks and I nod. "Yes, we're engaged now and I still want to wait until marriage, but it's just a shower, right?" I say to him and he nods placing a kiss at the top of my head.

I close the door of the restroom and begin taking off my shirt. I go to pull off my leggings but was stopped by Dylan. "You're sure?" He whispers to me and I shake my head bringing his lips down to meet my own. "I'm sure that I want to take a shower with you," I giggle at how silly this was. "I just don't want you to feel uncomfortable," he says before pulling off his shirt as well, although slowly as if he's unsure.

"I won't be," I say before pulling off my pants and socks. I place my hands behind my bra so I could unclasp it when I realized, he's never seen me naked before. Unconsciously, I bite my lip as I grew increasingly self-conscious.

Dylan who was now just in jeans walked closer to me seeming to realize something was wrong. "Like I said, if you're not comfortable we can wait," he whispers as he rubs the side of my cheek and I nod. "What's wrong?" He asks and I look down as I begin playing with my fingers embarrassed of feeling self-conscious.

"Am I making you feel uncomfortable?" He asks and I instantly shake my head. "You're not making me feel uncomfortable, in all honesty, you're the person I feel the most comfortable with," I say looking him in the eyes so he can see the honesty behind mine.

"Then what's wrong?" He asks rubbing his thumb on my cheek soothingly. "y/n," he whispers softly begging me to be upfront with him. "I've never been like this with someone before and I'm, well I'm feeling self-conscious." I say not daring to look him in the eyes. "I feel very insecure, because I mean look at you all handsome and perfect and then there's me," I whisper the last part.

"I am not perfect," he says and I give him a look. "I am not perfect," he repeats softly but with certainty. "You are not perfect, you are flawed," he says.

"Are you kidding me?" I ask him slightly annoyed. How was that supposed to help?

"You may never be perfect to people out there," he says waving his hand behind him as if pointing at a group of people behind him. "But to me, you are perfect. You are perfect because of your flaws, because of your imperfections, because you are everything to me. You are beautiful to me and that's all that matters," he says.

"Y/N, it is your imperfections that make you beautiful to me. It is your flaws that make you everything to me. You are my everything, from now until even after we're old and wrinkly," he smiles before I pressed myself against his chest kissing him, I am lucky to be able to call him mine.

"You should have saved that for your vows," I whisper as we pull away. "I'll add it to my vows, just act as if you're hearing them for the first time," he whispers before kissing me once again.

••

"Babe, come on we're late, the first open house starts in 20 minutes," I say rushing to get my heels. "Don't worry, rich people are always late. They think the world owes them something," he says as he puts on his dress shoes.

After last nights events, Dylan and I became much closer than I thought we could, considering we already we're so close. Regarding that shower, let's just say my water bill is going to be really high.

"But you don't think that," I point out. "Because I'm a rare species," he smirks placing a kiss on my temple as we head out the door. "Oh sorry," I laugh as we walk towards the car.

"So, how many houses are we looking at today?" He asks as we pull out of the drive-way. "Eight," I hum out in response barely realizing how many houses we chose to look at. "When did we choose these many houses?" He asks in disbelief. "When we finally got into bed," I say flipping through the pages.

"We could cut the list down by a couple of houses, right?" He says looking over at me before turning back to the road. "Dyl, this is the cut down list," I say waving the papers in the air. "Really?" He asks shocked.

"Remember we couldn't decide between what houses to eliminate," I say as we continue driving to the first house. "At least we're not actually looking to buy a home right now," he says relaxing back on the street and I nod.

We pulled up at the first house but didn't stay too long due to a major deal breaker, small backyard. Where would the kids play? Although, I think the plan worked since they gave us a glass of wine and were the only ones to get one.

The second house the stairs were too steep. If we were exiting the house in a rush, I'm certain one of us would trip, and by that someone I mean me.

The third house was flooded during the last hurricane. The fourth house had several crimes around the area and a couple in that house itself, which was understandable as it was luxurious. The fifth house was really pretty and felt welcoming, but the schools in the area had very low ratings.

"I thought this was going to be more fun," I pout looking up at Dylan as we enter the sixth home of the day. "It would be but I think everyone else got the idea of dressing up rich," he whispers as we look at everyone else in the house who definitely look rich or at least important.

"Everyone has to copy my ideas," I whisper playfully annoyed as we walk further into the house. "Or maybe they're actually rich," Dylan whispers to me as a man in a very expensive looking suit walks past us. "The man has a whole pocket watch, he's definitely rich," I whisper back and he nods.

"Good afternoon," a women comes up to us with a name tag on her coat, clearly waiting for us to introduce ourselves. She's dressed pretty formal and with her name tag I can only guess she is hosting this event. "Hi, I'm Dylan O'Brien and this is my fiancé y/n," he says happily and I smile at the fact he called me his fiancé, I can get used to this.

"Well welcome Mr. and Mrs. O'Brien, please feel free to look around the house and outside as well. If you have any question don't hesitate to ask me," she says smiling before walking away.

"Dyl, did you hear her!" I whisper to him excitedly. "She called me Mrs. O'Brien," He smiles at my reaction before I pull him closer to me by his coat. "Well get used to it, because pretty soon you will officially be Mrs. O'Brien," he smiles before guiding me further into the house.

"I love this house already," I whisper to him not wanting those around us to hear the conversation. "We just walked in," he whispers back in disbelief. "I know but the front door is a double door, I've always wanted a double door house," I reply as we walk into the kitchen.

We continued looking through the kitchen which had an open view into the dining room.

When we noticed the living room had a set of farm doors against the farthest wall. Dylan and I give each other a look before walking over there to see what the doors led to. When we opened the doors I was not expecting to be greeted with a theater room.

"I'm in love," I say as we walk in. "The screen is the whole wall," Dylan says in disbelief as he walks from one side of the screen to the other. "And the chairs aren't too spread out so it doesn't feel empty but it also doesn't feel crowded," I say looking at the spacing between the chairs.

"Let's go check the rooms," he says and I nod walking beside him towards the master bed room.

"This is insane," he whispers to me as we notice the immense amount of space inside this room alone. "We could literally have sex on the floor without worrying about hitting anything," he whispers and I instantly blush in embarrassment, slapping his arm in response. "People are around," I whisper to him. "At least I whispered it," he says and I shake my head as we walked into the restroom.

Even the restroom was big enough to be a bedroom. "How much does this house even cost?" I ask out loud. "I don't know but probably crazy expensive," he says and I nod.

We continued walking around the house loving the house more and more as we continued on. The house was farm style home, cozy yet spacious. The doors within the house were all farm styled and made out of dark brown wood. The kitchen counter tops were all made of granite so the house was a bit more on the modern side. It had four bedrooms that were actually pretty spacious plus the master bedroom which was the size of two bedrooms if you count the closet and the restroom.

The house also had the theatre room and a game room, plus great parking.

When we walked out into the backyard we saw large open space with a nice pool that had a built in water slide that looked as if it were made out of rocks. Next to the pool there was a spot where we could have a bonfire and roast marshmallows.

"Earlier I had said good thing we're not actually house hunting, but I really like this house." Dylan says as we stand outside looking at the open space. "Me too," I breath out in amazement. "I really see us raising out children here," I say as he embraces me. "I see us making a family here," he whispers into my ear before softly biting on my ear lobe.

"Let's make an offer and set up a private tour with Gracie," Dylan says and I look at him shocked. "Really?" I ask him excited. "Yeah, it wouldn't hurt. I mean I really love this house, the location, the view, everything is perfect." He says and I nod. "To think we only got engaged yesterday and we're already trying to buy a house," I laugh feeling happy right here in this moment.

"Well let's go before someone tries to buy our house," he released me before rushing into the house trying to seem calm and I smile trying hard not to laugh.

We ended up setting a meeting for tomorrow in the morning afterwards leaving to go look at the rest of the houses on out list, but neither gave us the same feeling.

"Okay but do we really need a house?" I ask Dylan as we arrive back home. "I mean we already have this house and it's not like we're going to be living here," I say and he nods in understanding.

"Remember, we had said we would live in California once we got married, but once we started having children we would move back here," I say and he nods.

"Exactly my point," he says and I look at him curiously waiting for him to continue. "We're going to be living here once we start a family, so it would make sense to move into a bigger house here than into a bigger house in California when that house isn't going to be our permanent residence forever," he says and I see his point. "Besides, do you really want to stay at your brothers or parents house every time we come to visit?" he says and I see his point.

"You're right, I'd feel bad having to stay at their houses all the time," I say and he nods. "But I don't think we should move out of your house at all, because two new homes is a lot of payments. Adding our wedding into the mix, our bills are going to sky rocket." I say emphasizing the last part by shooting my arm into the air.

"And I agree," he says and I nod, "but from now on it's not just my house but our house," he says and I nod smiling. "Okay," I smile.

The next day came sooner than we expected as we arrived at the house for the private tour. We saw Gracie already waiting for us at the door as we exited the car.

"Hi, come on in," she greets us happily.

••

"So engaged one day, and home owners the next," I say as we walk back to the car trying to let my words sink in. "Well technically two days later," Dylan says as we pull out of the drive way to go back home, well our old home now. "Our bills are really gonna pile up soon," I say but still find a way to smile.

"Does this mean no more ice cream runs at Baskin-Robbins robins?" I frown giving Dylan the best puppy dog eyes I could give, but yet again it was always Dylan who had the best puppy dog eyes. He nods sending me a mocking yet playful pout, "no more ice cream runs."

"But we both have good salaries," I say turning back to look at the road as we coincidentally pass by a Baskin Robins.

Goodbye my mint chocolate chip ice cream, I'll be back.

"We still have to save up," he says ruffling my hair in the process and I nod. Next time.

"So, since we need to save money, I'm thinking we should take the furniture we have at my house to the new house. That way we save up money and once we permanently move here we can buy new furniture," I say and he nods implying he agrees.

"But were buying a new couch," he says quickly causing me to look at him in shock. "What, why? That couch is comfortable," I say as we near the house. "It's comfortable because it's old. Babe, your couch has dents on it already," he says and although I tried to argue with him, I couldn't really disagree with that fact.

"Fine, but no leather. They are uncomfortable and rip easily," I say and he nods. "Deal."

••

The next month we spent it by moving my furniture into the new house and trying to sell the old house. Last week I put in my weeks notice with my boss making today my last day as a nurse in Texas. Dylan and I ended up getting rid of my old couch and buying a new one, which I am now extremely grateful for. The new couch is much more comfortable, I can now see why Dylan was adamant on getting a new one.

Wedding planning has been put on hold since both Dylan and I have been working. Thankfully there's only small details we need to plan out for the wedding, but now that today is my last day of work and Dylan is coming home, we can finally finish our wedding planning.

"What time are you getting off from work?" Dylan asks through the phone as I continue getting ready. "I get off at seven," I say as I finish tying up my hair and putting on my maroon scrubs. "I'll probably already be at home by then," he says and I nod. "You want me to pick up some food on my way home?" I ask as I look down at the phone to see him running around finishing the last of his packing.

"It's fine I'll pick something up," he says. "Alright, my shift is about to start so I should probably hang up now," I say as I collect my things that are hanging from the wall of the restroom. "Alright, I'll text you when I land. Have a great day at work, love you," We hang up but not before I responded with an I love you too.

I exit out of the restroom and head towards the employee locker rooms so I could drop off all my stuff.

"Y/n?" I hear my nurse manager call out for me at the entrance of the locker room. "Yes?" I say as I walk over to her. "Finish dropping off your stuff and then meet me in my office," she says and I nod. "Girl, what could you have possibly done on your last day of work?" My coworker Adrian says as she places her stuff into the locker next to mine.

"I wasn't nervous until you mentioned it," I said as I start internally panicking. "I'm joking around, she probably just wants to discuss some last day paperwork," she says and I nod before she walked away. The only problem is that I signed my last day of work paperwork before I went to change into my scrubs.

After leaving my stuff in my locker I walk over to our nursing managers office taking a quick breath before knocking on the door. Hearing her call out a 'come in' I let myself inside as I greet her with the calmest smile I could manage.

"Hey, you wanted to speak with me," I say and she nods as she signals for me to sit down. "Yes, the Patterson baby you are meant to be caring for is being taken down to OR 4 as we speak," she says and that's when I begin to physically panic.

"What's wrong with the baby? Last I heard the baby was only being kept in the NICU for observation while his parents got out of surgery," I say scooting closer to the edge of my seat. "They were doing well overnight but today in the morning, information came to light showing that the baby has some bleeding in the brain," she says and I nod.

"Well, how severe is it?" I ask worried for the baby and how the parents must be feeling. Right before I left my shift yesterday the NICU received a call notifying us of a family of three that were in a crash due to the cars breaks failing. We knew the child in the car was young enough to be in the NICU but we were not informed that child was actually a six month old baby boy. When they arrived we were quick to get the baby CT scans and a physical check that showed everything was clean.

"Thankfully, the bleeding is minor, it was so minor that the first CT scan didn't catch it. But since the CT didn't catch it, the bleeding worsened overnight, which is why they're going in now," she says and I nod. "Now for the reason I called you in, I know that we usually don't give surgeries to nurses who are on their first or last day of work," she says and I nod knowing how our hospital operates.

"But I also know how much you've always wanted to watch a neurosurgery," she says and I try my best to hold in my enthusiasm as it involves an innocent baby boy, but this could be my chance to get in on a neurosurgery. "So I pulled a couple of strings and Dr. Santos has agreed for you to watch the surgery. Although you still have to act as a Scrub nurse and provide information that may be important for the surgery, since you are the nurse in charge of the baby," she says and I nod.

"Of course," I say not really having much to say. "Alright that's all, you can head to OR 4 now," I nod and get up. "Thank you so much, Grace!" I say before running out knowing if they're already heading towards the OR, I need to speed up if I want to get there before them.

Quickly rushing out of the elevator after praying the elevator could reach the OR floor quicker, I speed walk into OR 4. The baby was already in the OR room so I quickly scrub in and get set up so I can be ready for Dr. Santos to begin operating.

"Nurse l/n," Dr. Santos greets me as he begins scrubbing in and I nod back. "I hear it's your last day," he says and I nod back. "That's right," I smile. "There's talks about you moving to California," he says. "The staff talks," he adds clearly noticing my confused stare. "Yeah, my fiancé's works in California so I'll be moving out there after our wedding," I say and he nods as we enter the OR room.

"Ah yes, the actor," he says as another nurse helps him put on the proper scrubs and sterile gloves for the surgery. "The staff talks?" I question as I make sure we have all the correct surgical instruments Dr. Santos will be using. "The staff talks," he confirms walking over to my left so he can begin the surgery.

"Alright, since this will be you first and last neurosurgery here, let's make it memorable," he smiles and I smile back excited.

"10-blade," and so it begins.

•••

The next couple of hours were extremely difficult, there was a point where we thought the baby wouldn't make it, but Dr. Santos was able to stop the bleeding and the surgery was a success. Once the operation was over we took him back to the NICU where we would conduct post-operation check ups, well the other nurses will as I will no longer be working here.

"Y/n," I hear my name being called behind me as I finished clocking out for the last time. "Grace, Dr. Santos" I greet as he and Grace, my nursing manager, walk up to me. "We wanted to say a couple of things before you left," Grace said and I nod. "You started working here since the day you graduating from nursing school, and are the only nurse I have ever met to have turned down the promotion for nursing manager," she says and I laugh.

"Come on Grace, if it weren't for me moving to California, you know I would've accepted that promotion the second they offered it to me," I say and she nods. "That's true, stupid men wanting women to follow them," she says and I laugh at Dr. Santo's jokingly hurt reaction.

"Don't worry, maybe we'll be working together again in a couple of years," I say and she nods agreeing. "I sure hope so," she says before bringing me in for a hug. "If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to call me," she says and I nod muttering back a 'thank you.'

"I happen to have to been walking with Grace when we saw you. But I would like to say that this may have been the first time we worked on a surgery together, but you did a phenomenal job, and if I would be happy if we ever got the chance to work together again," he says and I smile grateful to have participated on my first neurosurgery with the best doctor in the Texas Medical Center. "If you ever need me to repeat that in a recommendation letter for you, please, don't hesitate to call," he says smiling.

"It was an honor to have worked with you too, and I'll make sure to take you up on that offer," I smile and he nods. "Till next surgery then," he says offering me his hand. "Till next surgery," I say taking his hand in mine, before saying one last goodbye to Grace.

•••

I pull into the driveway seeing Dylan's rental car already parked on the left side. Parking the car and taking the keys out of the ignition, I grab my work bag and walk towards the door right as it begins to open.

"Can you believe this is the first time I'm seeing you in your scrubs?" Dylan says as he leans against the door frame blocking me from entering our home. "You have seen me in my scrubs before," I say after greeting each other with a kiss. He shakes his head but moves aside so I can enter, taking my work bag for me.

"No, I've only ever seen you in scrubs in pictures and during our face-time calls," he says and I hum in response.

"Well, what do you think," I say before posing in my scrubs with my stethoscope around my neck. He hums likes he's thinking of an answer.

"I don't know give me a twirl," he says as he twirls his index finger for emphasis. Happily, I do as he says.

"Beautiful," he says after I completed my twirl walking over to me and placing a kiss at the top of my head.

"So how was your last day at work?" He asks as we walk over to our room so I could change out of my scrubs. No matter how much I loved wearing my scrubs, I couldn't wait to get them off, take a shower, and into my old baggy clothes that I call pijamas.

"I was a bit sad but it was incredible, Grace pulled a couple of strings at work and was able to get me in on a neurosurgery!" I exclaim as I grab a pair of clean clothes and head to the shower with Dylan following not far behind. "But get this," I say walking into the shower as Dylan joins me. "I got to work with Dr. Santos, literally the neurosurgeon everyone that ever comes to the Texas Medical Center ever wants to see," I say with an emphasis on the word 'the.'

"And how did the surgery go," he said causing me to give him all the little details of the surgery as I relived it in my head.

"I also found out that the staff at work talk," I say receiving a look from Dylan asking me to explain. "Turns out people know I'm engaged to an actor and that I'm moving to california," I say and he nods. "How did you find out?" He asks as we exit the shower. "Dr. Santos was talking to me about it," I say and he hums.

"People were bound to find out, especially with Holland posting a picture of us on her Instagram story," he says and I nod. "But anyways how was your day?" I ask after getting changed and laying on the bed together. "Not that much interesting thing than your day, unless you count the hell of a turbulence we had on the way here," he says rubbing his forehead.

"But besides that I am starving," he says pulling me out of bed and leading me towards our kitchen. "I picked up some Chick-Fil-A on my way home," he says pulling out the food as we sit at the kitchen table. Passing me my 12 piece chicken nuggets and grabbing his chicken sandwich.

"So about that neurosurgeon," he starts before taking a sip of his drink. "How long has he been working at the hospital?" He asks and I shrug. "For as long as I can remember, he was a neuro resident when I started working there," I said thinking back to when I first saw him at work.

"Was he the guy you were seeing back when we were broke up?" He asks making me drop my chicken nugget from not expecting the question.

"What do you mean? I wa-," I cut myself off as I remembered the little lie I told the gang that one day at the airport. I look up from my food to see Dylan was looking at anything but me, has he been jealous this whole time? Instantly, my cheeks began to redden at that embarrassing memory. "Oh no," I groan. I never thought the day would come where I had to expose my lie to Dylan.

"I lied," I mutter in embarrassment turning away from him as he finally looks at me. "What do you mean you lied?" He asks confused. "I lied. Meaning no, I never dated Dr. Santos, or a neurosurgeon, or any doctor for that matter. Well at least not after I met you," I whisper the last part.

"So you lied," he repeats with a smirk planted on his face. "Hey, wipe that smirk of your face," I say throwing a balled up napkin at him causing him to burst out laughing. "Haha very funny, but jokes on you, you're the one that was jealous of my nonexistent ex neurosurgeon," I say trying hard not to laugh at the situation.

"Hey, well at least I didn't lie about being with someone," he jokes throwing the balled up napkin back at me. "Whatever, I was thinking of McDreamy when I said that," I laugh eating another chicken nugget. "McWho?" He asks and I laugh.

"Babe, McDreamy, as in Derek Shepherd, the neurosurgeon on Grey's Anatomy," I smile at him and he shakes his head. "Of course," he laughs. "How has dress shopping been going?" He asks and I sigh. "Horrible. I can't find a dress that speaks to me," I say running my hand over my face. "That is not what your mom told me," he says taking another sip of his drink.

"What did she say to you?" I sigh and he chuckles at my reaction. "She just said that you found a couple of dresses that you really liked but are being way too cheap about how much to spend on it," he says like it's nothing. "Well I mean yeah those dresses are expensive for something I'll only be wearing for one night," I say and he shrugs. "True, but if it makes you feel like the bride, then get it. I want you to feel happy wearing whatever you want," he says and I smile. "Or not wearing anything is fine too," he adds with a wink.

"In your dreams O'Brien!" I exclaim throwing the same balled up napkin back at him. "It is my dream," he blows me a kiss and I shake my head, but not before pretending to faint from it.

"So how is it going with the tuxes for you and the groomsmen?" I question as I finish up my last chicken nugget savoring the last bit of flavor I can get. "Well, I already have them picked out and you already picked out the dresses for the bridesmaids." He says and I nod at the good news.

"All we need is for you to get your dress and we have ourselves a wedding," he says happily and I smile at how much closer we are to being married.

"And then we can start practicing how to make children," he says before bringing me in for a kiss.
—————————————————————
Chapter 49 is now complete!

Sorry about the long wait, I wasn't really sure where to go with this chapter, but I hope you guys liked it. I realized I never actually had described the readers experience at work, so I thought what better time than now to write about it. Plus I don't think Dylan had ever see her in her scrubs so I thought it would be cute to write about it.

Also, I don't know if you guys remember several chapters earlier where the reader tried to show Dylan she had moved on by saying she was dating a neurosurgeon, which she obviously was not. I thought this could be like a fun reference to that moment, because she was working with a neurosurgeon and Dylan never knew that she was actually lying to him. I don't know I just thought that was pretty cool lol.

I also wanted to say that Wattpad does not let me respond to your comments for some reason, which I hate because I love responding to your comments!

Since I can't respond to your comments I want to address what I see some people commenting, which is when did the reader and Dylan start dating. I have been editing the chapters so that's why the previous chapter it says they're only friends, but the next says they've been dating. I am sorry about the confusion but I will try to fix this as soon as I possibly can.

Well, again, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and are ready for excited for the last chapter, which will be the next, and possibly an epilogue.

See you all next chapter!

Have a nice day, week, month, and year!!

-M

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

254K 6.2K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
575K 24K 37
❛Catch me if you can❜ ꜜShe's the daughter of crime. He's London's best agent. ꜜBut most importantly, they're enemies, not lovers. -- MULTIPLE POV...
1.7M 56.4K 33
❝You look awfully familiar❞ // ❝And you look like my next girlfriend.❞ ➻ Ranked #1 in Wattpad! THIS BOOK IS COPYRIGHTED!! I do not consent to this s...
684K 33.8K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...