Freedom {LGBT+}

Anonymous_Summers द्वारा

Prince Cormac has unanswered questions. Seeking those answers he fell in love in the process. What does his f... अधिक

1.Fifteen
2. Household
3. A Curious Prince
4. It's only Political
5. Secrets
6. Ace in the Hole
7. Ace in the Hole {2}
8. Truths and Lies
9. A Prince Choice
10. Family
11. Good and Bad
12. Dance
13. Burn
14. Change
15. Heart of Mine
16. Close for Comfort
17. Forgetting is Hard.....Don't hurt in the process
18. Hopelessly in Love
19. Promises
20. Beginning
21. Burning with Passion
22. Battle Scars
23. Ring the Bells! It's a Festival
24. Ring the Bells! It's a Festival {2}
25. The Truth will hurt us Both
27. Babies, Findings and Answers
28. Coronation
29. Coronation {2}
30. Coronation {3}
31. Tricking the Trickster
32. We Live to Die
33. Who you are
34. Deception and Lies
35. A Ruler
36. The Art of Escape
37. Reunite
38. The missing Pieces
39. The Missing Pieces {2}
40. Phoenix
Author's Note

26. The things I do

2.3K 155 30
Anonymous_Summers द्वारा

🌈

Two more days and Phoenix had to come up with his reply. All that kept playing in his mind was the fact that Ace wasn't Ace. That Ace was a Prince. Phoenix was trying to wrapped his head around it. He was in love with the son of the man who made the lives of countless miserable.

He wasn't blaming Ace for his father's action. He was still trying to get use to calling him by his right name, Cormac. He was different from his father. That much Phoenix could realize. It was the lie of it all, the lie that made Phoenix feel hurt. He felt that Ace couldn't trust him enough to tell him that. That he had to lie.

Phoenix recalled him saying he came here to find what lies inside the Iron Fortress. He started out as someone suspicious, hiding his true self for obvious reason. He knew that Ace could just walk from out the castle and come all the way here, bearing the title of Prince. It would draw attention and he wouldn't even be able to enter the Iron Fortress. There would be a few who wouldn't believe him.

They became close, holding the other's heart in their hand. That should be enough for him to tell him sooner. Phoenix bared his soul, formed a new hope with him. He shared things he hadn't with Siobhan. He was truly happy for the first time in his life. Maybe it was harder for Ace. Telling Phoenix was hard for him.

He was caught up with the flow of love that he himself was forgetting who he was. The lie became heavier each time. He lifted that weight and left a painful sensation. Phoenix wiped his eyes, pulling his knees closer as he sniffle a cry. He had to think about his answer. The King could be in his reach with a simple yes. It was clear as day the man hated anyone who didn't fall into a relationship they were all familiar with.

That bothered Phoenix. How did he know that everything would go okay at the coronation. He trusted Ace through all that's been happening. It was the King he didn't trust. He didn't know the man personally. By his handy work, anyone could tell he was despicable. Phoenix took a deep breath, this was what he always wanted but he was being held back.

His aching heart was making him unsure when he shouldn't be. All his life he's been working for a way out. Siobhan could leave along with the others and many more. Phoenix looked around the book house, as if he could see the after image of all the things they did, the moments they shared.

He loved the other boy, he really did. Phoenix had two more days, by then he should have his answers. He should calm down and be able to make a collective decision. Footsteps sounded outside the book house. Stella came in, smiling faintly at Phoenix. He quickly wiped the remaining tears from his eyes, keeping his gaze to the floor.

Stella sat beside Phoenix after placing a book down on the floor. Using it as a barrier between her and the floor. She ran her hand in a circular motion on Phoenix's back. He chewed on his bottom lip, trying to hold back the tears.

"Siobhan said something happened." she finally said. "That you've not been yourself. You just won't stop worrying her." Stella bought him into her arms, rubbing her hand up and down his arm in a comforting way. "Did something happen with you and Ace?"

Just his name erupted his emotions like a volcano. Phoenix closed his eyes and opened it. "I-- he said that-- I'm not sure what to do Ma." Phoenix forced out, not sure how to tell Stella.

"You love him don't you?" Stella asked. Phoenix 'hm-med' in reply. "Then that's all you need to know. If you love and trust him, then everything will be fine."

"He's the-- he's the Prince Ma." Phoenix finally said. Stella was beyond shocked. That was the last thing she figured Phoenix would say. Phoenix knew that Ace was the same person as Cormac. Everything he's done and said until now didn't change along with his name and title. The same person who loves Phoenix. Suddenly they felt worlds apart.

"I love him and we both want something greater for everyone. I think maybe I'm just overreacting. He's given me all I've every wanted." Phoenix knew where the King hatred lied. If a fifteen came to his son coronation and their love was professed. Just what will the King do?

"I admit that, that's a truth that would be hard to come to terms with. I'm glad that you found someone who values you as much as you valued us. If your feelings haven't changed since knowing he was the Prince then your answer should come easily." Stella said.

"Did my parents go through any problems in their relationship?" Phoenix randomly asked.

Stella would be lying if she wasn't scared of where things were going. The one person she was trying to keep him far away from was in closer reach than she thought. "I think history is repeating itself." her words confused Phoenix. "I don't want to lose you Phoenix."

He moved on to his next question. He felt the need to ask about his parents, distracting himself from his current dilemma. "How did my father die?"

The scenes replayed in Stella's mind. Remembering how broken Leilani, Phoenix's biological mother, was. It was a hard time for them both after. They both lost someone dear to them. A friend and a lover. "He was-- He was killed by a sword to his heart because of something he believed in." Stella said, feeling Phoenix flinch in his arms at the truth. The events of the pass years replaying like it was just yesterday. "He was doing something like what you and Ace are doing now. He wanted these people to be free."

"That scares me." she admitted. "I'm afraid the same thing might happen." Stella stood, pulling Phoenix along with her. "Promise me you won't get into anything too dangerous."

"Promise." Phoenix said. He now understood why Stella always wanted for him to be safe, why she always said he was just like his father. She didn't want to lose Phoenix as she did her two friends.

"We should go home. You can't stay here forever."

The both exited the book house and started going home. "I have one last question." Phoenix spoke. "What were my parents names?"

Stella knew he had to tell him. Little by little she would have to tell him all there is to know. "Your mother's name is Leilani," she responded." And your father's name is Emory."

🌈

Stella left for her own house as Phoenix made way to his and Siobhan. The aroma of a meal made his stomach rumbled as he entered. They all turned in his direction when he entered. "Are you okay now?" Siobhan asked. Phoenix nodded, he was feeling a bit calm.

Mae ran towards Phoenix, sticking to him as she always does. He took a seat, conversing with Mae about the things she did today. Siobhan excused herself from her cooking for a moment to talk to Phoenix. "Have you made your decision?" She asked. Phoenix had told her a bit about what had happened.

"I still have some time to think about it." he replied softly. "The answer is there but I'm worried over a few things." he admitted."Also, I still need to wrap my head around him being a Prince."

"I wasn't expecting for him to lie or even be a Prince." Siobhan admitted. "Maybe you were right at first." she wondered back to when Phoenix was suspicious of Ace.

"Cut the crap!" they both heard Rebel voice chipped in. They both turned to look at an angry Rebel. "Stop playing the victim Phoenix. He kept a single lie from you. What about us? You've been lying to us this whole time."

Phoenix was confused by her sudden outburst. Her words of anger being directed at Phoenix. "You should calm down Rebel." Siobhan tried to calm her.

"Why should I?" She snapped at Siobhan. " He's been lying this whole time about why he comes home with injuries. Why he always just disappears and comes back with a lot of supplies. Was it hard to tell us the truth?" Phoenix sat quietly listening to each of her words. "How does it feel to be on the other end Phoenix?"

"You knew?" was all Phoenix could say.

"I also knew." Rocco added. It was clear why he was upset with Phoenix. All this time he was trying to hide his endeavor from them and they already knew the truth. 

Rebel looked towards Siobhan. "Why couldn't you both just tell us? We could've helped."

Siobhan stood to her feet, making her way to Rebel. She shrugged Siobhan's hand off, averting her gaze. Rocco didn't say anything else and Mae was getting upset about what was happening. This was the day Siobhan said would always come. He didn't expect it to be like this. "He was trying to protect all four of you. We were both trying to do that. We know best what it's like in the Kingdom, how they treat people like us. He didn't want to risk his life along with yours." Siobhan informed her.

Rebel scoffed, "If we're a burden just tell us." she spat towards Phoenix. "If we're gone then you won't have to worry about sneaking out so much. There won't be four extra mouths to feed. You won't have to get another arrow in your feet. Isn't that why you save all that Rubis' so you could get rid of us one by one?" Rebel wiped way the tears from her eyes. "If you want to get rid of us just tell us. If you hate us--" her voice was raised. Siobhan slapped her across her cheeks.

"I'm sorry I had to do this." she apologized after, she didn't want to hit any of them but Rebel was crossing a line. "Don't ever say Phoenix's hates us. Who was it that gave you hope in this place when you were left behind by the people you thought loved you in return? Who made sure you had a meal each day? Who was it that would pretend he ate just so all of us could have a plate? How could you say he hates you or that he thinks of you as a burden when all he ever does was show us kindness and thought of us all as family."

"He lied to you so you wouldn't have to face what was outside. The horrible memories that we all share with those people. Phoenix wants nothing more than for us to be happy. Please understand that Rebel." Siobhan then looked towards Phoenix. " What was she talking about? What money?"

Phoenix took a shaky breath, he was starting to feel bad about himself. If he knew the things he did would make Rebel look at him like that, to have them fight. He wouldn't have done it in the first place. "I wanted for you to get onewed."

Siobhan placed a hand over her mouth, disbelieving that Phoenix was doing something like that. "Why would you do that?"

"You're going to have a baby Siobhan. I didn't want for you to continue living here when that happens. I realized too late that it was a fruitless wish of mine."

Siobhan opened her mouth then closed it, running a hand over her cheek. "I wouldn't want that Phoenix. You knew I wouldn't like something like that." she said. "I've had more happiness than I ever did than when I was out there. Being here, I wasn't surrounded by hate. I rather have my child grow here around your kindness that where all the hate is. My mark won't be removed just because I left. I'll always be the dirty fifteen they despise. Life won't be as great as it is now."

Mae started crying, taking a defensive stand before Phoenix. "Please stop hurting Nix." she pleaded through her tears. Phoenix was happy Poppy was with Nevaeh and wished it was the same for Mae.

"I'm okay," Phoenix said, forcing a smile. "I'm sorry for everything I've done. My intention wasn't to hurt you all. You're not a burden and I don't hate you all. I'm sorry I lied." He looked around at all four in the room. "And I'm sorry I hurt you all." Phoenix stood. "I'll stay at the book house for sometime. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine."

Rebel stormed out of the house, Rocco rushing after her. Phoenix gave Mae a kiss to her forehead, wiping away her tears. He then left ignoring the calls from Siobhan and Mae.

🌈

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

68.5K 2.2K 11
The Emperor would do terrible things to keep the General from taking the throne. In fact, he would keep it for an eternity if he could. Even from his...
My Home From Home (ManxMan) gianni द्वारा

ऐतिहासिक साहित्य

104K 5.1K 40
ManxMan | In 1920, when merely being homosexual is punishable by up to life imprisonment under British Law, a young English doctor flees his homeland...
937K 31.1K 28
My mother never could keep to one man. It wasn't like I went out of my way to fall in love. She was just blind, and he was just... perfect. It was im...
3M 135K 28
"And who in the hell are you?" "I...I'm y-your q-queen..." ... Or where, a sweet boy Louis is marked to be married off to the prince of his country f...