Fragile Hearts

由 ShonaLover

A short story revolving around lives of three central characters.Vivaan , Ramya and Varna gets connected in a... 更多

Cast ( Character Sketch )
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
FEW WORDS FROM AUTHOR
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Trailer and surprise
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61 A
Chapter 61 B
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70 A
Chapter 70 B
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Special Teaser - Milestone (100 Chapters)
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105

Chapter 37

1.3K 138 77
由 ShonaLover

Amidst the loud claps.All guests gathered.having eyes on them.being on center.Varna felt her nervousness rising.Palms getting sweaty.She used her hand.To iron her traditional white and red saree.Gifted by Shakthi and his family.

Shakthi slipped ring on her finger.His eyes hinting.Something towards her.he looked handsome.In white traditional attire.She looked at his eyes.As he kept on holding her fingers.Being teased and blushed.

Varna came out of her thoughts.Then slipped the ring on his finger.Soon claps were heard again.Karuna came to give sweets to both of them.Varna Shetty was engaged.Going to get married to Shakthi Ranganathan soon.

The news was shock for everyone.As soon as decision was taken.Prakash and Karuna were most happy.Varna was finally looking forward.To life without taking a stop.Seeking for happiness.Shakthi was an amazing guy.Perfect partner for Varna.No one had doubts.

The first person to gran Varna for hug.Was none other than.Her sister.Ramya was in sixth month of her pregnancy.She was happy for her sister.Always after pulling Shakthi's leg.Since got to know about engagement.Vivaan came a head to congratulate newly engaged couple.Shakthi shook hands with him.Then a formal hug.As he moved to Varna.She became conscious.Keeping herself busy with fake smile.At people and Vivaan extended his hand to her.Both shared an awkward moment.When she accepted.Shaking lightly hands with him.

V-"Congratulations Varna.

Happy for you both."

Varna mumbled a thanks.Photoshoot started.Ramya being herself eating head of.Photographer team.Making everyone laugh at her antics.Vivaan had to hit his head.Handling his pregnant wife.Every time making her remember.She had another life inside her.For which she needs ot be careful.

The Shettys and Reddy were busy.Shakthi's family was known to almost.People in business circle.His father was respectable businessman.Brother and sister in law were also nice people.Prakash was relived they would.Keep Varna happy.

Reyansh was having drink.Sitting in one corner.Nandini found her husband.She has been looking for.

N-"Rey you are here.I have been looking for you.Cant stop drinking.Here too.

Mom is asking for you."

She looked at him.With an expression she didnt get.Reyaansh gave a nod.Kept on sitting in same place.He had his eyes.On stage where newly engaged couple stood.greeting guests.

R-"Nandu cant you see something.Amiss.Looks weird to me."

N-"What.You and your weird tales."

R-"Iam serious.

Do you think Varna is happy with this.She doesnt look like.

There is something missing.From her face.Happiness.Which you expect for bride.Is she happy

with this alliance?"

N-"Of course Rey.She must be.

Both know each other for time.Its love marriage."

R-"Is it?

I dont know.Doesnt convince me."

N-"Its very difficult to understand Varna.Rey she is not like Ramya.

From seeing face you can read anything.She is Varna.It takes courage and.Patience to understand whats going on her mind.Undoubtedly Shakthi.Is one for her.I can see him.In his eyes its all love for her."

R-"Exactly.

Thats what I cant see.In her eyes.For him.

Come lets go."

Nandini's smile changed.Reyansh went from there.She felt same.Trying to read expression on Varna's face.Somewhere she has seen.Same thing which her husband.Was talking about.But maybe they were.Being too judemental.There was nothing to worry about.

Vivaan was trying to make.Ramya have juice.With stern expression on face.She didnt feel like having it.Her mood swings started earlier.Till now it has already been.Roller coaster ride for him.He had to say.Ramya was girl.With patience and.Submissive.When she needed something.She would say openly to him.But taking care of.His needs and wishes first.In these months of pregnancy.She never forced him.Or made his work suffer.because of her health.Such was his darling Ramya.

V-"Ramya if you are not having this.Then Iam taking you back.Next morning itself.

Thats it."

She took glass immediately.Made a sad face.Glaring at him.Finished the juice.He cooed her cheeks.

R-"This is cheating.You are every bad.Husband.

I will tell Appa.Stay here.Not go back with you."

Prakash arrived then.making both of them stand.Vivaan helped her to stand properly.Prakash touched her head.

P-"What did you wanted to tell me.Ramya."

Vivaan smirked at her.Eyeing her to go ahead.

V-"yes say Ramya."

She was caught in a fix.Bit her lips.Prakash kept on asking her.She stammered.Vivaan hid his smile.

R-"Appa.I.I wanted to say.

The arrangements were done.Well I loved them.Who did them.

Ask same for marriage."

Vivaan asked her.In naughty expression.

V-"Is that so Ramya."

She showed him tounge.Making a face.Leaving with Nandini as she came there.Prakash laughed at his daughter.Still acted like a baby.He had chat with Vivaan for some time.It was great help to them.Since Reddys arrived a day after.Vivaan,Ramya,Reyansh and Nandini came.They helped with all preparations.Glad Vivaan and Reyansh were there.

P-"I forgot to ask you in all this.Vivaan.Everything happened in hurry.

Date got fixed and.How is Ramya doing.Her health."

Vivaan smiled.Knowing well a father's concern.

V-"Dont worry Appa.She is fine.

A little weakness.Doctor has asked to take rest.And talk less."

Both laughed.Then talking about something else.

Later that night.Vivaan and Ramya were given guest room.Ramya had to stay with her family.For her sister's special ocassion.So Vivaan couldnt say no to her.His fmaily were at their house.While he was with his wife.

Ramya was done applying lotion on her hands.Vivaan just came back attending a call.He found her looking at him.Went to her.Pulling her cheeks.Kissing her head.

V-"What.Little brat

Why giving that.Scary look."

She held her baby bump.Walking to him.To bed.He played with her long plait.

R-"You are leaving tomorrow.

Didnt tell me."

Now he knew.Whats making her angry.He coughed.Settled his head on her lap.she pinched his arm.He faked hurt expression.

V-"Im not taking you.You can stay here for some time.

If you wish.Can stay till delivery.With your family.You will feel good.Mom was also suggesting."

R-"My family.I will stay here.

Without you?And Mom,dad,Lata aththai,Uncle, Reyansh and Nandu.Arent they my family too.Mad husband.Huh"

Vivaan widened his eyes.Laughing at her.She picked pillow.trying to vent anger on it.He got up kissing her cheeks.She was such chub.He loved playing with them.Annoying her.

R-"Vivaan.

Dont do this.Iam angry."

V-"when are you not.

Ramya.I can see.Varna is getting into Ramya.Dont.My baby will be born.Angry and always.Giving people scary.Impression."

He giggled.Soon getting beaten.By pillow.By his wife.Ramya pointed finger at his direction.Warning him.

R-"hey.Dont say anything about my sister.Okay.

Varna Shetty is best."

She touched her baby bump.Lightly rubbing her palm.Thinking something.

R-"I want my son.

To have traits like his.Chitti.Best at everything.Unbeatable."

Vivaan saw expression on her face.He felt blessed.Seeing her like this.Baby growing inside her.He couldnt wait to hold.Bundle of joy in his arms.Both will become parents.Which still feels like dream.He took pillow from her.Faking a cough.

V-"I see.So you decided already.

It will be boy.Too bad.I want girl.Just like Ramya.Naive,innocent and.Mad."

R-'What did you call.Me mad?you monkey.

Chimpanzee.Giraffe."

She started hitting him with pillows.Karuna opened door.Seeing view.With an open mouth.Vivaan took pillow back.Both felt embarassed.She had glass of milk in hand.

K-"Ramya.Is this how.You raise hand at your husband.

Very bad.Says sorry.Husband is like."

R-"I raised pillow Aththai.

That also doesnt hurt him.So strong."

She had milk.Karuna hit her own head.Vivaan smiled.

V-"Its okay Aththai.

Cant argue with this brat.She gives me respects.More than enough and.Love too."

He mouthed kiss to her.Making her widen her eyes.Karuna smiled.Not seeing what was going behind.Ramya became red.He closed door after Karuna left.Came to do some romance.When found her getting up.Taking her stole.

V-"Where do you think.You are going."

R-"Sister time.

Been days I came here.Hardly spent time.With Varna.You sleep.I will be there tonight."

He made sad face.Dumping pillow on his face.She giggled.

V-"How mean.Leaving your poor husband.

Come to me.She will be busy.On phone."

R-"Varna and romance.

Last thing on earth."

Varna was standing in front of mirror.In washroom.Shower open and noise came out.From water flowing down.She stood like statue.Observing herself.New phase of life she was entering.Her head couldnt come in terms with it.Still she was in shock.And confusion.She traced ring on her hand.Shakthi just slipped this evening.

She bit her lips.Feeling hollowness inside her.She wouldnt budge to.Control war raging inside her.The somersault her emotions played.She took deep breathe.Slowly and then passing out.Looking at her reflection in mirror.Her sobs intensifying.Loudly and she cried her heart out.The water didnt let her voice.Go out and it subsided inside walls.Within herself.

She made her whole face wet.With tears and caught her head.It started paining.With run of emotions and.What she was doing.Why she was doing.Her ears heard.Priyam's voice again.When she called her to give.Engagement news as it got fixed.The decision she took.Surprisingly wasnt liked by Priyam.What she said disturbed her to no limits.That day Priyam.Said her some harsh but true words.

"Varna I cant se you in rruins further.Dont ruin him too.For giving yourself satisfaction.You are fine.Moving on in life.When its just settlement.With life.It stays there.Cant move forward.Cant become more than that.

Dont deceive Shakthi.Play with him.He is expecting love.You cant give love.Unless you erase.Memories of your past.Which is still in your present.You have someone else.Whom you are trying.To replace with Shakthi.Will it be easy."

After the conversation.Varna became more broken.From inside but she had taken decision.herself and stayed with it.Good or bad she wont disappoint anyone.Anymore in life.Life disappointed her in ways.She wont let it.

Do same with others.She will be happy.Having life of her own.Far from people.She wanted to go from.She is faking.Happiness if.Let it be.Marriage with Shakthi.Will be difficult.Not impossible and she would make sure.Rubbing her tears way.With strong face.She made oath to herself.She have to.

.....................................................................................................................

"Its easy to love.More difficult to let go of first love".Don't we know?

Varna is going through.Very hard time.Decision she made.Hope it gives her relief.Ramya and Vivaan are experiencing most beautiful.Phase of their life.

Thank you for love.Concern and demand for updates.Haha.I wrote this chapter.In less than hour.Call it madness.

Please do not forget to vote and comment.

:)

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

10.6K 616 5
True Love has a habit of coming back!!! {Five Parts Story on Pranushka} Cover Design By: @DrabbleLove (Enchanted Graphics)
38.5K 2.6K 19
#322 in Short Story 20/5/18 #258 on 22/5/18 #265 on 4/6/18 Vikram walked aimlessly.After missing out chance willingly to.Party with his friends.A da...
372K 18.7K 60
Cover Design: @DSPranushka at DS Creations Highest Rank:#46 in Romance on 16/06/2018 This is the story of Vedanth and Jwala who are totally opposite...
13K 1.2K 24
A short story A story of two brave military personnel from different armed forces. A Combat Medic and A Navy Officer. A regular love story with a p...