The Strength of the Weak {A N...

Από InfernoAeolian

The Uchiha clan - a prestigious noble clan of Konohagakure, renowned for their infamous and deadly kekkei gen... Περισσότερα

The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 1
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 2
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 3
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 4
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 5
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 6
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 7
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 8
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 9
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 10
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 11
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 12
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 13
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 14
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 15
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 16
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 17
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 18
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 19
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 20
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 21
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 22
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 23
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 24
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 25
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 26
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 27
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 28
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 29
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 30
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 31
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 32
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 33
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 34
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 35
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 36
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 37
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 38
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 39
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 40
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 41
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 42
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 43
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 44
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 45
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 46
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 47
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 48
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 49

The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 50

7.1K 180 115
Από InfernoAeolian

Satomi P.O.V.

A light sigh escapes my lips as I begin to pack my bag, rummaging through my closet for clothes to take with me. Tomorrow is the day I leave for my two year training period with Ryouichi-sensei, and as much as I hated to admit it, I was really going to miss everyone here in Konoha.

It is my home, after all.

Naruto, Sakura, and Kakashi-sensei promised to see me off tomorrow at dawn since I said that I couldn't hang out with them today. I have other plans with a certain Hyuga later.

I was also informed that Naruto would be going out of the village to train for two years as well, although he's leaving a little bit later than I am. The Akatsuki is after him, so he needed to become strong enough to defend himself if they were to attack.

Glancing in the mirror hanging from my plain wall, I can't help but pause in my actions to take a better look.

Overall, I looked much healthier than I had when I returned from Sasuke's retrieval mission. My dark hair reached the middle of my upper arm now, and my eyes remained the same onyx color they've always been. The same color as Sasuke's.

Although now, my eyes seemed haunted, a deep sorrow lingering underneath its surface. My headband was securely wrapped around my forehead, like always, a few strands framing my face daintily.

I subconsciously rest my hand on the mirror, the confliction inside of me flaring to the surface. I had the choice to follow Sasuke to Orochimaru's hideout if I had wanted, but I had chosen the village instead. 

What puzzled me, though, was the fact that Sasuke hadn't asked me to join him. I couldn't tell if he was trying to protect me from the dangerous sannin, or if he truly was too blinded by the promise of power to even consider my opinions.

The thought had briefly crossed my mind back when I was battling Sasuke at the Final Valley, but I was too caught up in my despair to give it a second thought. Did I regret my decision of staying in Konoha?

Not at all.

If I had left, I would've been leaving behind my friends that I cared for so much. While I love Sasuke, I just couldn't leave my home when there are people waiting for me, people who I'd even go as far as to consider them a second family to me.

If Sasuke couldn't see what he was leaving behind all for the power to kill his one and only brother, it wasn't my fault. I tried my best to make him see and feel my love and conviction, but he just couldn't comprehend it.

He truly is a fool.

::

My back rested on the gates of the Hyuga Clan compound as I waited for Neji to arrive. I had informed him that I was going to be leaving the village for training for a while when he was in the hospital, so he had insisted on taking me out one last time before my departure once he was released.

We had agreed to meet here, then go out to a Kohi Zeri dessert shop, since that was the same dessert he had bought me during the festival. 

"Took you long enough," I say, breaking the silence that had fallen around me. Neji had body flickered to my side, an annoyed sigh escaping his lips.

"Sorry it took me so long. Guy-sensei decided that he wanted to go out with the team as a celebration for Lee's recovery, but I had to tell them that we have to do it another day and he didn't want to accept my answer," Neji says, his eye twitching at the memory. 

"It's alright. Are you ready to go?" I ask, giving him a closed-eyed smile with a tilt of my head. He returns my smile, taking my hand and leading me to the dessert shop he had decided to take me to.

As I expected, I couldn't suppress the blush rising to my cheeks, so I turn my head away in embarrassment. If Neji noticed, he didn't show it.

We walk in a comfortable silence, and I was secretly relishing in the fact that his hand fit perfectly with my own. As we pass Ichiraku Ramen, I spot Naruto on the inside, scarfing down his ramen. He was with Sakura, Shikamaru, Choji, and Ino, surprisingly enough. 

He catches the sight of me and Neji holding hands from the corner of his eye and instantly begins choking on his meal. I clench my teeth when he nudges Sakura and Ino, pointing in our direction with a flail of his hand.

The two girls gasp, snickering to each other and eyeing me evilly. Looks like I was going to get an earful tomorrow morning from a certain Haruno...

"We're here," Neji announces, pulling me from my thoughts. I gaze up at the shop's sign, the simple yet elegant design presenting itself to all. We walk in together, being directed to a small table towards the front of the shop and sit down across from each other.

"I see you're wearing the necklace," Neji states, taking note of the small silver chain visible around my neck. You couldn't see the pendant since I had tucked it under my shirt, just to make sure it didn't accidentally break.

"I haven't taken it off," I admit sheepishly, blushing in embarrassment. Neji merely smiles to himself, a content look in his pale eyes. 

"It suits you nicely. Nothing too extravagant, very much your style," he compliments, not breaking eye contact with me as he does so. I melt into his gaze, nodding wordlessly in thanks. It was almost sad, how by this time tomorrow I would be away from the village. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't miss Neji.

My eyes catch a faint wince from Neji as he shuffles uncomfortably, rolling his shoulders as if to ease a tension.

"How are you feeling from your surgery? I saw that wound you got from your fight with the Oto ninja, it was pretty serious," I ask, concern lacing my soft voice. Neji brings his hand up to grip his chest where the weapon had impaled him before dropping it back into his lap with a sigh.

"I'm just sore, plus I need to take it easy for a while. Now that I think about it, how did you even see it? You left after the original squad, did you not?" Neji asks suspiciously, although I heard no malice in his voice. It was just pure curiosity.

"I came across you as I was heading to Sasuke's location. The medic squad had yet to arrive so I treated it the best that I could until they got there. To be honest, I thought you were dead when I saw you. It scared me," I explain, mind drifting back to the time I had found Neji lying half-dead in the forest.

"Thank you for stopping to help me. Had you not done that and just continued, there is a good chance I would be dead right now," Neji concedes, swallowing his pride. A small smile graces my lips as I shake my head, my eyes softening when I see his genuinely thankful expression.

"No need to thank me, I was just doing what I thought- no, what I knew was right. Admittedly, I would never be able to face myself again if I found out that you had died and I could've prevented it," I say gently.

Neji says no words back, merely staring at me as if in a trance. I stare right back, unable to keep my lips from quirking up in a bright and true smile. 

What can I say, Neji just brought out the best in me.

::

"Thanks again for the day out, Neji. It was nice to spend my last day with you," I say, swinging our entwined hands as he walked me home. He glances down at me, neither of our smiles having dissipated all day. 

"I hope you had fun today. Perhaps we should do this again when you return from your training," he suggests, stopping in front of my house with me. I sigh as I come to the realization that our day was over, and that I probably wouldn't see him again for two years.

Even though we hadn't spent very much time together, it was enough to give me butterflies whenever I even saw his face. We resonated so well together, each of us seemingly turning into different people when we were with each other.

I felt more emotion with him, an emotion I had never felt before. It wasn't like the sibling relationship I had with Sasuke and Itachi, or the unbreakable bonds I had with Naruto and Sakura. It was more... intimate. 

We are young, but I can't help but feel how I feel about him. Maybe he's just a way to fill the void Sasuke had left in my heart, but I had my doubts about that. Not to mention he's totally my type...

"You can count on it. When I come back, we can get some more Zohi Keri, for sure," I laugh, squeezing his hand one last time before releasing it from his grasp and starting up my steps.

"Satomi...?"

I turn around, only to be met with Neji pressing his lips to mine. My eyes widen drastically in surprise before they flutter shut and I relax into it, smiling all the while. He pulls away all too soon, leaving me blushing and almost desperate for more.

Neji was also blushing, disbelief at his actions apparent on his face. My eyes were glazed over, the feeling of the kiss tingling my lips even after we had parted. It was just a small kiss, but it was a first for both of us. 

Without another word, Neji turns around and begins walking away, his hands stuffed leisurely in his pockets. 

"Wait for me, Neji. Just wait until I come back... please..." 

He stops in his tracks, glancing over his shoulder at me with a smile tugging the corners of his mouth upwards.

"I will."

::

"I can't believe I won't see you for two years, Satomi-chan! I'm gonna miss you so much!" Naruto sniffles, clinging to my side as I say my goodbyes.

"We'll have a lot to catch up on when you get back, Satomi-chan. And, I'll be a lot stronger too! Just you wait!" Sakura exclaims, her voice wavering with her statement as she holds in tears. I give them a small smile, bringing the two of them in for a tight hug.

"We will, indeed. I'll be back before you know it!" I encourage, trying to lift their spirits. Needless to say, it doesn't work much.

"Ready to go, Satomi?" Ryouichi-sensei asks, walking up behind me silently. I sigh softly, nodding before facing my team one last time. Lady Tsunade and Jiraiya stood off to the side, watching the scene with sad smiles.

"It was a pleasure being your sensei, Satomi," Kakashi-sensei states, ruffling my hair affectionately. I let him mess up my hair, knowing it to be the last time for two years.

"Don't be silly, you'll always be my sensei."

"Right," he chuckles, stepping back so I could face Naruto and Sakura one last time.

"You better get super strong, Satomi-chan! And you better come back, or else!" Naruto jokes, giving me a bright and playful grin. Sakura nods from beside him, letting out a small giggle.

"I'll always come back home," I assure, hugging my teammates one last time. Pulling away, I take my fingers and poke each of them in the forehead. It was an action that they didn't understand, but I knew the meaning behind it full well.

It's the same thing Itachi used to do to me and Sasuke when we were little when he gave us a promise. 

"I'll see you guys in two years," I say, turning around and heading out of the village gates with Ryouichi-sensei. Naruto and Sakura's calls cheer behind me, but I don't look back, knowing that they knew I had a smile on my face.

It's time to prove myself, to prove that I will gain the power to protect my friends, and eventually bring Sasuke home.

I'll show them all the strength of the weak.

::

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

1.9M 65.7K 72
Now we move on with the life of Rin Uchiha. Her return to the village, her assignment to a team and the secret she must hide from everyone including...
11.2K 477 32
In the hidden village of Konoha, two souls found solace in each other amidst their deepest struggles. Naruto Uzumaki, a spirited and determined young...
2.6K 123 48
After an encounter with a mysterious member from the Otsutsuki Clan, Saruto Uzumaki-Uchiha is introduced to a new world different from his own. He so...
63.9K 1.5K 33
Akako Uchiha is the sister of Sasuke Uchiha, and graduated the academy at the same time as him. Groups of four were made once the students who passed...