Nobody

By thegirlwithicecream

"My heart belongs to nobody." - Felix [Short story] More

author's note
o n e
t w o
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t

t h r e e

49 2 0
By thegirlwithicecream

When everyone heard the results, the room was in complete silence.

"How much longer will I live?" you asked straightforwardly. You didn't mind the lump forming in your throat. "If I don't have that much time, I can go home now right?"

Felix let go of your hand and gently pulled you towards him. You felt him wrap his arms around you.

"Stop Y/N," Felix whispered.

You didn't listen and continued, "I can do anything I want now right?"

Your doctor looked taken aback by your questions but quickly composed himself. He cleared his throat, "Well, we could still go with chemotherapy."

"I don't want to do chemotherapy, I don't want to stay here. I want to live my life while I still have time!" you can't help but raise your voice.

Your dad quickly went near your doctor and they both left the room, you assumed that their going to talk about your situation.

You looked at your mom and her tears won't stop from falling. You removed Felix's hold on you and went near your mom.

"Mom, don't cry please. I don't want to see you like this," you said. She just continued to cry and couldn't look at you.

You figured that maybe she would have a total breakdown if she looked at you and just hugged her tightly.

She let out a loud cry, "Why?! Why you? You're too young. I can't loose you, not now."

You just hugged her and you felt another pair of arms hugged you and your mom. You looked to see it was Felix.

You let your mom cry it out and just hugged her. You knew that your words aren't enough to calm her down.

When she stopped, you looked at her. Her eyes were red and puffy and her cheeks were stained with tears.

It broke your heart to see her like that and just wanted to take all the pain she's feeling.

The door opened and your dad came in. He looked okay but if you look at his eyes, you could see that he's broken from the news.

"The doctor would come back tomorrow morning and after that you could go home," your dad informed you and your mom.

You felt happy that you could go home, "Really dad?"

He nodded, "But there might be some conditions." You didn't care as long as you're away from the hospital and almost free to do anything.

You looked at your mom and she looked drained from all the crying. "Mom you should go home now," you told her.

She was about to disagree when you beat her to it, "I'll be fine here, you and dad could get everything ready when I get home tomorrow. Also, you could rest for a long time and Nana won't be alone at home."

"But honey, you'll be alone here. Are you sure?" your mom asked.

"I could stay here with Y/N," Felix offered.

"Are you sure Felix?" your dad asked.

"I'm sure, mom and dad would understand," Felix smiled.

"Okay, we'll inform your parents but make sure to call them. Thank you Felix," your dad told him.

"Take care sweetheart, just call us if you need anything. Sleep well, okay?" your dad kissed your forehead and hugged you tightly. He got your mom's things and your mom went near you.

"Bye honey, be a good girl, don't give Felix a hard time. I love you," your mom kissed your cheek and hugged you.

"Love you too," you replied. They went ahead and left.

You looked at Felix, "Are you sure you'll stay here? It's okay if you go home."

"I'm sure Y/N," Felix insisted.

"Okay, I'm just making sure," you said. You forgot that fact that once Felix have decided, he won't change his mind anymore.

"Call your parents first," you reminded him. He nodded and left the room to call his parents to tell them that he would be staying with you.

You went near the window and saw that it was raining. 'Looks like the sky is crying for me again,' you thought. It might sound absurd but you noticed that whenever you couldn't cry because you are trying your best to be strong, it always rains.

You continued to look at the rain and with the city lights, it looked totally beautiful.

You didn't notice Felix come in when you felt him hug you. You just let him and held his hands that was wrapped around you. You guys were in complete silence when you felt something wet in your neck.

You tried to check on Felix but his hug got tighter making it hard for you to move.

"Felix," you said softly.

"Just let me hug you," you heard his voice break.

You tried to get away from his hug and when you did, you faced him. You wiped his tears and put both your hands on his cheeks.

"Hey, it's okay," you smiled sadly.

"No, it's not. It's not going to be okay," he said.

You sighed and hugged him tightly. You buried your head against his chest and he continued to cry. He hugged you back and felt him kiss your head again and again.

The night ended with you guys hugging each other and letting Felix cry his heart out.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The next day, you were awoken when you felt someone's breathing behind your ear. You checked who it was and realized it was Felix. He was spooning you and it made you blush. You remembered that it took so long for Felix to stop crying last night. He kind of fell asleep while crying and you didn't want him to sleep in the sofa, so you made him sleep beside you.

You stared at Felix and he looked totally exhausted. His eyes were a little puffy and his cheeks were flushed. You didn't want to wake him up, so you gently took his hand off you when he suddenly shifted. You panicked and you looked at him to see that you have woken him up.

"Good morning," his voice raspy. He rubbed his eyes before getting up. He stretched a little and looked at you. He looked really handsome despite his bed hair.

"Good morning," you greeted back and finger combed your hair. You couldn't dare look at him in the eyes.

You felt a little embarrassed because you and Felix slept in the same bed. You used to sleep in the same bed when you were still kids but when you became teenagers you stopped.

A thought came to your mind which made you blush. You knew it was impossible to happen and it stings a little.

"Why are you blushing?" Felix asked. You didn't know what to say and quickly made up an excuse.

"What? Really?" you touched your cheek "Maybe because I feel a little hot."

You looked at Felix and he seemed not believe your excuse but decided to let it go.

You let out a sigh when Felix received a call. He looked at you and went out of the room. You used your phone while waiting for Felix to come back. You wondered what took him so long when he came back with food which seemed to be take out.

"You went out of the hospital?" you asked.

"Nope, the chauffeur  brought it with him," he answered and set the food in the table.

You were really excited that you could finally go home, the hospital is really suffocating you.

You missed your house even though it sometimes feel like a prison. You miss your room and most of all your bed. You can't wait to lay and sleep in your bed later.

You were stuck with your own world when you heard Felix chuckle, "You look so excited Y/N."

You didn't mind him because you know it's true and started eating. For the first time, you had the appetite to eat a lot and finish your meal.

"Wow! you finished your meal by own will," Felix looked completely surprised.

"I know! Maybe it's because I'm in the mood," you said.

You heard Felix yawn and assumed that he didn't sleep well, "You should go home now, your parents must be looking for you. Rest for awhile then you could come and visit me if you want to."

He nodded and put all his things in his backpack. He went near you and kissed your cheek, "I'll visit later."

You started cleaning up when Felix left. You were startled when you heard the door open and thought Felix left something when you saw it was your parents. You were happy to see that they rested and didn't look tired anymore. They brought a backpack which probably has clean clothes and everything you need.

"Who's excited to go home?" your dad asked.

"Me!" you answered like a child but you don't care.

Your mom chuckled at your behavior, "Well you have to be a good girl so that you could go home, okay?"

You nodded and finished cleaning up. You went to your bed and checked your phone. You just received a text and it was from Felix.

Felix: Just got home, I'll see you later after I take a nap just like you said :)

You chuckled at Felix's text and didn't bother to reply, you wanted to tease him by not replying.

You heard the door open and looked who came in. It was your doctor and the two nurses who took your test.

"Good morning," your doctor greeted.

Your parents stopped what they were doing and greeted your doctor. Your dad shook hands with the doctor and your mom went by your side.

"I just wanted to talk to you about some conditions we have if you persist to home," your doctor started.

The nurses went by your side to check your blood pressure and your temperature. They wrote the results in the clipboard.

"We have to be cautious now that she will be discharged from the hospital. We couldn't check up on her daily, so if these symptoms occur, bring her immediately to the hospital. I have prescribed some medicines and some painkillers in case," your doctor continued and handed your mom the prescription paper.

"Since we're not quite sure what to do, could we hire a private nurse?" your dad asked.

"Yes you could, we can give you some contact numbers of the agencies where you could hire a private nurse and when you do, I want to talk to the nurse you hired so that I could give specific instructions," your doctor agreed.

They continued to talk and you didn't bother listen as it bore you out. The nurses started to get rid of your IV line and when they did, they cleaned it.

They gave you some medicine and then left the room. You looked at your parents and they shook hands with your doctor.

"See you next week Y/N, please do refrain yourself from strenuous activities. Avoid getting stressed and sleeping late. Don't forget to drink your medicine and eat healthy foods," your doctor ordered. You always liked your doctor even though it wasn't obvious. He was really kind and caring, not your typical cold and serious doctors.

You nodded and bid your goodbye. Your parents told you to clean up and get dressed with the clothes they brought. You cleaned up quickly and changed to your clothes. You were glad that you didn't have to wear hospital clothes anymore as it makes you uncomfortable.

You looked at the mirror and you obviously lost a lot of weight. You were quite dismayed with your appearance as it made you look more sick and fragile.

You left the bathroom to see your mom packing your things and making sure you didn't leave anything. She looked at you and smiled.

"Are you done? Your dad went down to pay the bills and to ask for the contact numbers of the agencies where we could hire your own private nurse," she went near you and made you sit. She combed your hair and started braiding it.

You missed your mom braiding your hair as it was one of your quality time bonding ever since you were young. You would talk about random things and share your secrets.

"So, I was wondering what's between you and Felix, Y/N," your mom started.

You blushed and was glad she couldn't see you.

"We're just friends mom," you answered.

"Oh, really? It doesn't look like it for me," your mom teased.

"Mom! Stop it, that was years ago," you were embarrassed that she could still remember it.

You had a major crush on Felix when you were still young and it now faded. Your mom constantly still tease you about it cause you tend to get annoyed.

"Okay, okay," your mom giggled "But you guys look cute though."

You were about to say something to your mom when your dad came in.

"Okay! Who's ready to go home?" your dad shouted. You laughed at his childish antics.

"Nobody!" your mom replied. You continued to laugh, your mom rarely goes with your dad's antics. They were totally the opposites.

You continued to laugh silently while you left the room. Your dad carried the small baggage while you carried your backpack. You headed to the elevator and was really excited.

When the elevator opened you were the first one to come out and was followed by your parents. You and your mom went ahead to the parking area while your dad went to get the list of the contact numbers for your private nurse.

You went in the car and plugged your earphones. You played your current playlist and texted Felix.

Y/N: Just got discharged and we're about to go home, finally!

You just looked outside the window when your phone vibrated.

Felix: I could feel your happiness in your text
Y/N: Duh, who wouldn't be happy to be get out of the hospital
Felix: Okay okay don't get sassy on me
Y/N: I couldn't help it, anyway you taught me how to be sassy

You were busy texting that you didn't realize that you were about to leave. Your dad looked at you and shook his head.

"My baby is not a baby anymore," your dad pretended to cry. He usually acts like that when you're with Felix. It was really embarrassing at first but you got used to it.

"That's so sad dad," you told him.

"Now she doesn't care anymore," he continued.

You laughed out loud, "Dad, I'll always be your baby. Now, start driving so that we could go home now."

"So bossy," he laughed. He turned on the engine and start driving. Your house was quite far from the hospital and it was traffic, so you decided to sleep for awhile.

You woke up when you felt a soft tap in your cheek. "Honey, we're home," your mom softly woke you up.

You carried you bag and got out of the car. You went inside and got engulfed in a hug.

"Welcome home Y/N!" Nana welcomed you and you hugged her back.

Nana let go of the hug and looked at you, "I cooked a lot specially for you."

You smiled in glee, "Really Nana?"

"Of course, I'm sure you got sick of hospital food," Nana said and you totally agree with her.

You heard the doorbell ring and was about to get it but your dad beat you to it. You looked to see it was Felix and your dad let him in.

"Felix! Come in," you looked at your dad and you can see that he really adores Felix. You know that your parents see him as their own child and he is practically part of your family.

"Have you eaten yet? Come and join us for dinner," knowing your dad,  Felix can't refuse.

Felix looked shy for a moment and looked at you. You smiled at him and he went near you.

"Come on, you know you can't refuse dad," you laughed.

"Yeah, I remembered," he said and you followed your dad to the dining room. The smell of the food made you starve and it looks completely appetizing.

Felix sat beside you while you were facing your mom. Your dad was in the head of the table and Nana was beside your mom.

"Felix, thank you for staying with Y/N last night," your mom thanked Felix.

"It was nothing," he smiled.

"Stop talking and dig in," Nana said.

You started eating and you can't help but be happy. You rarely eat together with your loved ones since they were all busy. You then spent the evening talking and catching up with one another. And for the first time after you got sick, it made you feel complete...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

309K 11.6K 33
in which a boy despised the word 'sorry' a straykids' minho story
96K 2.4K 40
"god why do i have to sit next to you?" "it's not like i want to sit next to you either."
3.7K 116 17
"𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘵, 𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘪𝘴"
165K 7.6K 26
"and you are..?" ©️injuwun 2017 a changbin fanfic. all rights reserved.