Danmachi: The Heroes Tourname...

נכתב על ידי TheWolfsFury1420

the hero's tournament is underway and a lot is at stake for Bells small familia because the history of the He... עוד

Chapter 1 Announcement
Chapter 2 The Event
Chapter 3 Sacrifice
Chapter 4 The Prize
Chapter 5 The Battle
Chapter 6 Percy
Chapter 7 Search Party
Chapter 8 Love And Strength
Chapter 9 Struggle
Chapter 10 Hestia Vs Loki
Chapter 11 Black Element's
Chapter 12 Poison Vs Fire
Chapter 13 the Ninja
Chapter 14 the Kokonoe
Chapter 15 At Their Lowest
Chapter 16 No Holding Back
Chapter 18 The Lost Family
Chapter 19 Reunion
Chapter 20 Friend's and Rival's
Chapter 21 Level's
Chapter 22 Bell Vs Bete
Chapter 23 Satoshi
Chapter 24 Little Rookie Challenge
Chapter 25 The Outcast
Chapter 26 The Capaneus Challenge
Chapter 27 The Fox And Eel
Chapter 28 Saving The Princess
Chapter 29 Saving A Friend
Chapter 30 Cheater's Never Win
Chapter 31 The Red Vouivre
Chapter 32 Black Metal
Chapter 33 Relationship
Chapter 34 Remember
Chapter 35 Royalty and Loyalty

Chapter 17 Test

670 16 2
נכתב על ידי TheWolfsFury1420

after the Hestia familia made their claim the other day, they had more than kept their promise on getting first place no matter what challenges await's them, from walking on hot coal's to holding your breath challenges, even when they had a painful experience like from the "try not to eat challenge" when they went an entire day without food with the rest of their team saying how good the food that they were eating was in front of them as there stomach's growled like lion's, swimming in insect's and finding item's in the insect's that were hidden, and even a cooking contest, at first they thought it would be easy, however, they had to find and cook the ingredients they find from the forest near in less than half an hour, and when Wiene was up in the next event, she was at the event called.

Enia:" the test of hell, this has a written test rather than anything physical, anyway the test giver will be...oh dear gods no"

Riveria:" what is it"

Enia:" the test giver will be... everybody pray"

Bell:" but wait Enia, with all the god's here-"

Enia:" Bell, not now, I said PRAY"

then Loki got the copy of the match to look at this test of hell for herself since it seemed to scare Enia enough.

Loki:" Oh come on now, just how bad can this test be whe-"

Loki then looked at the test giver and started to panic as well, along with the other gods.

Loki:" oh dear gods, not him, anyone but him, nevermind, everyone pray"

the opponent's down there were starting to worry and couldn't help but shiver.

Luluna:"...now I'm scared

Athena:" Oh come on who is- CAPANEUS"

Lily's thought's:" oh great, and Wiene isn't that book smart, to begin with, and she has to pass a test from HIM, we have little chance at winning now"

then Capaneus came with a large sum of papers and pencils with him taking over and announcing the event's rules and a few other conditions.

Capaneus:" welcome to hell, I will be in charge of this event, and Wiene, since your in Bell's team, I took the liberty of making your test 10 times harder than the rest"

Asfi's thought's:" I would have complained about special treatment due to them being in different teams, but  seeing that this is his way of special treatment, its the opposite effect on how I feel now"

the other competitors took one look at their papers and then compared there's to Wiene's and instantly saw the difference in the difficulty, and also felt sad for her.

Riveria:" there clearly is a difference in our paper's difficulty than this one here, I'd be surprised if she can even answer one question on this"

Allen:" wow, no kidding, this paper has you deceiver a riddle just to get the question, and even then the answer is nowhere, compared to our's, this is even more hell than I think I can handle"

Wiene's thought's:"...I'm doomed"

Bell:" Wiene wasn't taught that much in book smart's yet right"

Lily:" we have very little knowledge about these thing's ourselves"

Haruhime's thought's:" this is going to break Wiene if she is overwhelmed"

the competitors got their papers and found that the papers were easier than Wiene's, but they still looked like their holding fire in their hands.

Riveria:"...so anyway, what are the rules"

Capaneus:" soon my dear, but not until you hear this, you see, since we're halfway done with this tournament, we will enact these rule's from here on, first, the rule's can and will change before, during, and after a match or event was made making it to where if your not careful, you will be disqualified on the spot"

as the team's heard this, it made everyone panic and shocked at how easy it was to lose a match, this is an even bigger shock than the place rule, and everyone was scared and confused on how to act.

Nevroc:" wait, that's madness"

Capaneus:" second"

everyone's thought's:" he's not done"

Mero's thought's:" what other madness does he have for them"

Capaneus:" if a team is caught cheating, all of their point's are to be divided amongst the other team's, with the team directly cheated getting a majority, and that team being banned from this tournament for nearly 50 years"

Alvin:" hey that one's directed at me and my team"

Capaneus:" 9 out of 10 gods voted yes to this rule being added, but yes, you can only blame yourself for this, and lastly, we will have special rules that can score your team extra point's, so it's possible to score more than 10 points, with no maximum number...yet"

Loki:" hold on, I done calculation's and even if the Hestia familia gets first in all the event's they would get 2nd place at best, however, if they get these other point's"

Hermes:" first place won't be a pipe dream"

Capaneus:" and now that that's said, let's start the test, everything on here is something I actually experienced, along with some other adventurer's, so don't say these scenarios aren't possible in real life, now listen, finish the test within the hour, go"

they started and read the papers, Wiene struggled, but so did everyone else.

Allen's thought's:" wow...I can't even begin to try to understand anything in this"

Riveria's thought's:" now that's funny, I haven't a clue how to solve any of these, not even the first problem which is the easiest one, and the ones after are even harder than the last one"

Asfi's thought's:" This is almost an impossible test, the test of hell, sound's appropriate"

they were calculating the test itself to get a grip on how hard it really was, and in the end, they all were clueless on how to solve this test, but Wiene was not like that at all.

Wiene's thought's:" Okay, I'll just see how hard the first one is and work from there, if I don't know it, move on to the next question, let's see"

test 1 question 1:" you have a 7-foot large sword that you threw to hit a target that is 50 feet away, with wind calculating at 34 degrees west and the target being in a flat field, and you being on a 35 foot tree and using a spin and let go after about 5 spin's, tell us how hard you had to through the large sword, the angle you throw it and also write down how it would have changed if it were a throwing knife, a spear, and an ax and explain how you came to that conclusion"

Wiene got the grip of how hard this test would be and then lost all hope from there.

Wiene's thought's:"...THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE"

Allen's thought's:" one look at Wiene and she read the first question, I saw a glimpse of that problem, and no way in heaven or hell can she solve that within a century, let alone an hour, not that I am any better off then she is right now, I mean, just what are these question's"

test 2 question 1:" you are in a rainstorm, and you swing your 5-inch knife around, and in the process, you destroyed every raindrop within a 15-foot radius, how many raindrops were destroyed and how long was your swing increased than its normal range"

Allen's thought's:" you gotta be kidding me, how am I suppose to know this"

Capaneus:" oh yeah I nearly forgot to tell you all, answer all the question's on your paper... however you see fit and find the answer's... and when I say that, I mean through ANY means necessary"

Loki:" any means"

Hermes:" wait a minute, now that I think about it, he never said that they can't get help"

Freya:" you know your right, now that I think about it, he only said to finish the test within the hour, but never said how"

Zerif:" so if the team wanted to help give their friends the answer, they could easily do so"

Mero:" no way, Capaneus would never let it be that easy, this is clearly a trap"

then the Soma familia came and got a bunch of the answers from the answer sheet on the table Capaneus was sitting at.

Ryuu:" they just took the answer sheet, and he isn't saying anything, this doesn't seem right"

Syr:" yeah, no matter how I look at it, this doesn't make sense, how come Capaneus isn't doing anything to prevent them from giving their teammate the answers"

Mia:" I don't know, but I'm more interested in the fact that Capaneus doesn't seem to care about stopping them either, it's too easy"

Bell was thinking about how odd it was and then remembered the rules and the statements that were made earlier and then got the idea of Capaneus's strange challenge.

Bell:" I got it, this isn't only about the test, this is on the tolerance of the test taker"

Lily:" I see, this is to see who cheats last"

Haruhime:" I bet that the test isn't what decides the winner, it's who goes the longest without cheating, brilliant since the answers are right there he's tempting the weak-willed people into taking the bait"

the other team's started to get that same idea of the competition as well.

Ottar:" I see so that's it hum, the odd outcome of the way he's setting thing's up, how easy the answers are to just get, has it so whoever cheats last win's, clever, that means the Soma, Apollo, Demeter, Athena, Ganesha, and...sadly our familia is out, however, the rest aren't hoping they get the clue"

Riveria's thought's:" I will not cheat, as tempting as the answers are, the answers are just baited for us, stay strong, the test isn't the challenge, it's cheating last that count's"

thought Wiene didn't understand the challenge, she didn't get a paper.

Wiene's thought's:" I could go and get the sheet... but I can't let my friend's down when they need me to be strong, I have to do this for them, answers or not, there's a final question that's blank, maybe he is going to tell us the question himself, it all goes down to that then I guess"

then with about 10 minutes left, Capaneus stopped them all for an announcement.

Capaneus:" okay, since time is near up, here are the new rule's, cheating is hereby penalized by disqualification and all who cheated on this test are to step out now"

everyone was then shocked by this sudden enforcement and were confused on why now.

Alvin:" HEY WAIT, YOU CAN'T CHANGE THE RULES LIKE THAT NOW"

Capaneus then rushed Alvin pinning him to the wall with blood coming out his mouth from the impact on his throat and everyone listened well to not end up like him.

Capaneus:" didn't you hear me before, I said at the beginning of this event that before, during, and after a match or event, the rules can and will change on the spot from now on, break those rule's, and suffer the consequences, however 9 times out of 10, their blatantly obvious, like this cheating rule, seriously, who would allow you to cheat so obviously and openly during a test, that should have been obvious"

Loki:" so that was the catch after all"

Hestia:" they wanted to weed out the weaker of the group's so the next event would surprise them, what kind of mortal is Capaneus, to make something this clever but obvious to still fool so many people at once, it's not normal"

Hermes:" indeed it isn't normal, though this is why he is the torturing master Hestia and feared by all the gods"

Hestia:" but he didn't touch them... except for Alvin, but how is he a master of torcher if he didn't touch the people"

Freya:" he doesn't need to, he is so good at torcher and manipulation of the like, he doesn't even have to touch your body or even move to completely destroy you"

Hephaestus:" which is why he will be the death of us one day"

Capaneus was both highly respected, feared, and admired by all the gods, with all his skills and intelligence, he made an impact in just 2 years that would normally take a large number of the most skilled team's centuries to accomplish.

Capaneus:" and also, all question's to this point are null and void"

Riveria:" wait, it wasn't a challenge to see who goes the longest without cheating"

Capaneus:"(laughter) no that's way too easy, you all have to answer one question, and I am the one who says it so it could be anything"

this made everyone so scared, they were near motionless with no idea how to handle this thinking they solved the challenge.

Capaneus:" now you will go to those table's that are specially designed so that the people can't look at your answer's"

Wiene's thought's:" so it all hinges on this"

Wiene was shaking and shivering in fear as she was not really confident in solving the question and her team could see that.

Bell:" what do you make of this"

Haruhime:" this is more intense than I thought, Wiene, is falling apart"

Ais:" how is Rivaria holding up"

Finn:" not good, she is showing her fear through her face, this is bad"

Ryudo:" I don't blame her...Capaneus has always liked making people suffer"

but before they could go Capaneus had a few more thing's to say

Capaneus:" and you have a choice, the remaining people can either give up now and only lose 15 point's and avoid the question"

Ais:" WHAT"

Finn:" that is way too far, leave and lose points"

Welf:" wow, compared to the people who were eliminated when they cheated, it looks like the rest got off easy now that I think about it"

Riveria:" hold on, that makes us go to answer the last question even more"

Capaneus:" I wouldn't be so sure about that"

Nevroc:" what do you have planned"

Capaneus:" simple really, you can choose to answer the question, however, if you get this question wrong, you lose all your point's and are to be removed from your familia, forever"

everyone froze in fear, confusion, and were beyond stunned and sick.

Loki:" HOLD ON, THAT'S TO FAR"

Hermes:" I knew he would make drastic situation's, but not this drastic"

Wiene:" wait, that mean's-"

Capaneus:" you lose no matter the outcome if you get the question wrong, but ask yourself this, "Is this risk worth it, can I put myself in such a situation, and risk the life I worked so hard for" well...do I have any dropouts"

slowly but steadily, they all started raising their hands, except Wiene who was the last one there, she started to raise her hand.

Bell:" based on how hard the other questions were, the last one is beyond her right now"

Haruhime:" it's sad, but... I kinda wanted her to stay and try"

Bell:" your right, but it's her choice after all"

Capaneus:" I guess it's a complete drop-"

as Wiene's hand rose up, she then slammed it on the table and walked up to Capaneus, face to face.

Wiene:" SO WHAT, SO WHAT IF I AM NOT IN THE HESTIA FAMILIA ANYMORE, I AM A PROUD MEMBER THROUGH AND THROUGH, I RISK MY LIFE EVERYDAY, NOT JUST IN THE DUNGEON, BUT HERE AS WELL, SO GIVE ME THAT QUESTION, I AM MORE THAN LIKELY TO FAIL, BUT I WILL NOT HAVE MY FRIEND'S SUFFER BECAUSE I THINK I CAN'T DO SOMETHING, SO TELL ME THE QUESTION AND I'LL GET IT RIGHT, NO MATTER WHAT THE QUESTION IS"

her friends smiled at her bravery and then Capaneus smiled as well.

Capaneus:" gutsy little brat aren't you, okay then Wiene, there's only one thing left to say...you passed"

they all started thinking about what he said, and they all came up with nothing.

Wiene:"...what"

Asfi:" but, what about the final question"

Capaneus:" that was the final question, are you willing to risk your life for your familia in that kind of risk"

Ais:" you never said that"

Riveria:"... wait, he did,  " is this risk worth it, can I put myself in such a situation, and risk my life as I know it", that was the final question"

Capaneus:" and the correct answer was to stay with the inevitable risk of failure"

Enia:" now let me read the real challenge, a test of courage, will, and honor"

Lily:" so everything that came before, were fake rules and a fake test"

this would be the moment people question the rules entirely.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

288K 4.5K 34
(Y/n) (L/n) is an adventurer who is a former member of the Zeus familia and he is now in search for a new one in the city of orario. on his quest to...
62.5K 1.6K 12
An immortal but not a God. He opened a noodle specialist store and met a kid going down the path of an Avenger and...took her in until she found a Fa...
497 6 4
Nike, Goddess Of Victory, descends to the lower world. In search of children with strong souls she spreads her wings, soaring beautifully and angelic...
795 9 4
Taking the place of Bell Cranel, A young boy by the name of Sorey Cranel is the only member of the Hestia familia. He was wondering about the city of...