Mrs.CEO

Od Skylar0909

Contract ✔️ Engagement ✔️ Wedding ✔️ They never said marriage was easy. Více

1.Stop Shoving that Contract in My Face
2.No, what?
3. Hottie with a Body
4. Empire State Building
5. Daniel
6. Bruised Arms
7. Alec Sloan
8. A Princess Wedding?
9. Who has the Real Power?
10. Internet Vows
11. The Return of the Lover
12. Spooning
13. Sick Shower
14. Muddy Puddle
15. Flirty Comments
16. The Highest Bidder
17. Losing Fingers
18. The Phone Call
19. Us
20. Dive
21. Sperm Donor
22. White Dress Became Red
23. Blessing in Disguise
24. My Idiot
25. Unexpected Child
26. Hope
27. Who am I?
28. One More Maxwell
29. Difficult Position
30. Unique Names
31. Elizabeth
32. Trading
33. Stinky Diapers
34. Nothing has Changed
35. Three Steps Back
36. Kids Around
37. Goodbye
39. Yes
40. Real Vows
41. Aftermath
42. Want
43. Near Perfection
44. Good Father
45. A Gem
46. The Return of the Missing Mother
Quick Authors Note
47. Leap of Faith
48. A Six Course Meal
49. Dessert
50. The True Meaning of Love
51. Epilogue

38. No Body to Mourn

18.4K 726 29
Od Skylar0909

Anxiety.

That is the word to best describe what I was feeling at this precise moment.

Here I was with Brandon, but I had no idea where my twins were.

Dylan went to the rescue, but I have not heard back.

I did not even attempt to move from my current position. Scott left, and I begged him not to mention a word of the current situation, he did not seem to agree but he did as I asked.

My phone rang and I immediately picked it up.

"DYLAN?"

"No silly, it is the better looking Maxwell."

"Oh."

"What's wrong?"

"Carter I do not know how to tell you this." I began sniffling.

Tears began accumulating in the corner of my eye and I just knew the waterworks were coming.

"Kota, you are scaring me."

"She took my kids?" Silence.

"Who?" I could feel the anger radiating through the phone.

"Hayley."

"God forbid I ever see her because I will be going to jail for murder. I am flying there, soon. Where is my brother?"

"He went to go get our kids."

"Stupid, stupid, stupid. Why did you guys not call the police?"

"She threatened to hurt the kids."

"How long ago did he leave?"

"About two hours."

"An---"

Suddenly, there was a knock on the car.

I ran to the door, and as soon as I opened it there they were.

"Dakota?"

"My babies." I sighed.

"Okay, so are you guys good?" Carter asked.

"No."

"No?"

"Dylan sacrificed himself for the twins."

"What do you mean sacrifice?"

"He agreed to start a new life with Hayley in exchange for the safety of our kids."

"You know what, come back home right this instant. I'll set up for the private jet to bring you back. We will figure this out when I know you are completely safe with the kids."

"Okay." I hung up my phone and began packing my stuff and headed back to the airport.

As promised Carter set up the flight and I was just to get on with my kids who were fast asleep.

In the flight, I could not shut an eye. All I wanted was my husband to embrace me and tell me that everything was okay.

Next thing I know I was sobbing, uncontrollably.

Was there ever going to be a peaceful moment in my life?

A moment in which I would fully understand the meaning of happiness?

During the course of the flight all I did was cry.

Cry for my kids.

Cry for my husband.

Cry for me.

Cry for us.

Brandon began shuffling, and next thing I know his eyes were wide open. Those eyes who belonged to no other than the love of my life.

I rushed to his side and began feeding him.

Before I knew it we were already back in New York.

Without my husband.

All my kids were awake by the time we landed but they were all angels so none of them were causing me a headache.

When I got out the private jet there was Carter with Mr.Maxwell and for the first time during the course of the day I felt relieved.

I made it their way and handed them Brandon and Elizabeth while the flight attendant handed me Sebastian.

Three kids was really a handful.

"Have you heard anything? Please tell me you have."

"According to a contact I have they flew out in a private jet to an unknown destination."

"Don't worry Dakota, we will find him."

"He risked himself for our kids." Don't cry.

"He's a great father that's why. He'll be fine he is a big boy."

"And she's a lunatic."

"He's smart he'll figure it out."

"I really hope so, but I don't have a good feeling about this."

"Let's go its late, and you're probably exhausted."

I nodded and lead the way to the car. The car ride was dead silent. I knew if I opened my mouth I would not be able to hold back and flood the whole car with my tears.

We got out the car and headed into the mansion.

As soon as I stepped foot in I heard chaos.

Sobbing.

Uncontrollable sobbing.

I walked over to see Libby bawling her eyes out and the television on.

My eyes could not believe what I was seeing.

CEO Dylan Maxwell was seen with his ex-girlfriend boarding a private jet in Maine. Within hours the plane went off the grid, and we came to find out it has crashed into the ocean. No bodies have been found at the moment, and the coast guard has said that it is very unlikely to find any bodies due to the impact of the jet. The possibility of finding them alive is tiny. As of now that is all the information we have.

Off the grid.

Crash.

Bodies.

"No." I whispered.

"Dakota."

"Okay this is a sick joke. Enough is enough Dylan where are you stop hiding." I yelled like a maniac.

"Dakota—-"

"This is a disgusting joke. There's no way. No fucking way."

"Give me Elizabeth." I did not even realize when my child was taken away from my arms.

As I looked around all eyes were on me. There eyes filled with sorrow.

I couldn't hold on anymore.

I began crying.

I fell to the ground and cried like no tomorrow. All I could think of was that this was a sick joke or a nightmare and I was just waiting for someone to wake me up.

"Shhhh." Carter hugged me and held me while I was on the floor.

Me.Maxwell was comforting Libby who would not stop crying.

"He's dead, Carter."

"No, maybe he's out there and the coastguard finds him."

"Did—-" I couldn't even finish my sentence because I felt every ounce of me falling apart.

"He's strong, and smart. He's a fucking Maxwell. He's out there I know he is. He's fighting for his family. He's fighting for you he's not easily going to give up."

"He's gone." I whispered.

"Not for long."

"Carter, stop."

"No, Dakota. I will not stop there's hope. I'm not believing he's dead until I have a fucking body to mourn. He's alive, I know he is. He's my brother I know him." For the first time I saw Carter cry.

"We will get more people to look. I'll buy every damn helicopter in the country to look for my son if I have to."Mr.Maxwell spoke up while still embracing Libby.

"I need my kids. Where are my kids?" I asked.

"The maids took them to your room."

I immediately got up and rushed to my room to where my kids were in company of the maids.

"Mrs.Maxwell, I am so sorry for your loss." They all said in unison.

"Thank you, would you mind giving me some alone time with my kids?" They nodded their head and headed out.

"Hey guys." I gently smiled as the tears continued to roll.

"From now on its just us four. I promise to protect you guys at all cost. I'll love you so much I'll love you for your father because he won't be here. It's not me being pessimistic but realistic it's a real long shot for your daddy to come back." I sniffled.

Elizabeth was sucking on her finger while looking at me completely lost as the words left my mouth.

"When you grow up I'll tell you all about him. He was a wonderful man. We fought like no tomorrow, but I loved him. He will be the only man in my life who I will ever love. The only guy to have my heart and the guy who gave me the three biggest gifts any woman can have, you guys. As fragile as broken as I seem right now I promise to gather myself and be strong for you guys. You deserve the best of me, and that's what I plan to give you."

I gently placed a kiss on each of their foreheads and held my little princess who was the one who was wide awake.

"You know you had your dad wrapped around your little finger from the moment he saw you. You will always be daddy's little princess no matter what. He may not be here to take you to father-daughter dances, or scare your first boyfriend away, or walk you down the aisle but I will be here. I will take on that roll. I will even dress up as a guy for the dances if that's what you would want, or you can just take Uncle Carter too. He loves you so much, you have him wrapped around your little finger too." I gently kissed her cheek and saw her smile after I did.

I had three reasons as to why I had to be strong and they were all laying right next to me.

I lost the love of my life, but there was no way I was going to give up because my kids needed me as much as I needed them right this moment.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

5 0 20
I dont want to hear the words "NOT POSSIBLE" they dont exist in my world
5.2M 188K 45
𝘐 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦...
195K 3.5K 28
"Look it's like this no emotions, no relationship, just sex. ONLY SEX." "Oh god this is going to be a long scary ride."
1.5K 40 33
COMPLETED! "i dont kiss and tell amore"