Sacrifice

נכתב על ידי RoadNotTaken

Giving up something you love for the benefit of others is never easy. Especially when they are so much better... עוד

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven

Sacrifice

95.7K 483 76
נכתב על ידי RoadNotTaken

Chapter One.

Well, you know how all protagonists always have seemlingly endless charm or beauty? With their terribly cliché talents and annoying - not really, perks.

Yeah, well let me tell you, that's bullshit.

Case one, and the only case that I will state. Me. Sixteen and with the height of 5'6, average height, if you will. Short and stubby in my kind, with the scales tipping at 160lbs, I'm not exactly slim.

Limp, frail blonde hair, awkward green eyes and pale as paper. It seems to be natures fault for puberty to to not tip in my favour. My childhood never seemed to left my body, with baby fat and things I could barely count as curves.

Don't be accusive.

No, I wasn't bullied.

No, I wasn't picked on.

I was just, invisible. As an only child, I have no whores as sisters or asshole brothers. But rather almost neglecting parents. Boom, invisibility.

No, I'm not moping about being a lonely kid. My parents never manage to notice or understand me in ways possible. It's just sometimes you can't help it feel lonely. Like a hunger for love that slowly starved itself, until you get me.

I mean seriously, my parents aren't even that important. No, they're not Beta or Alpha. Or even related to them, we are just normal pack members. But they always seem to find something to do that doesn't involve me.

What about friends, you say?

If you call being forced as lab partners with a girl that made me to do all the work, excuse me, I enjoy science, thank you very much; friends. If not, then no.

Providence just seems to provide for the 'better' more.

There is a flaxen hair blonde that tends to cross ways with me. Her name's Adriana and she's just like me. No, not really like me but a normal pack member.

Adriana listens to my problems, she's respected and everyone likes her. I guess she's kind of my friend but she only talks to me privately. And completely ignores me at school because she's dating future Alpha, Corey.

Okay, let me read your mind again.

No, I'm not a nerd. I enjoy sports just not very good at them. Just average. Nonchalant, unseeing and not the least shy. I would even dare say that if I did have a knack for sports, the coaches would overlook me at tryouts. Because, I'm not noticeable.

Which is acceptable and totally fine by me. However, today, our tale begins with Alpha-in-training, Corey. The glorious days of his birth marks the sixteenth years he has been alive, the seventh where I have known of him and the first when he has spoke to me.

All the girls with sizeable boobs dressed up for the occasion, and I managed to get pass them dressed in sweats and a tee. They hope to be his mate but deep down, they all know that Adriana will have the most chance.

I can talk all day about Corey, he's the All American Hunk. Golden hair and deep blue eyes, square jaw and wide shoulders. Even though he's IQ isn't that great, he understands justice well. I noticed his warped sense of peer pressure when deciding, his self struggle tends to be overlooked. Corey can't swim, but is fantastic at track. He is a great leader though not all a listener.

No, he isn't perfect but close to what we have so far as everything goes.

Corey Milne - future Alpha, boyfriend of Adriana Hall and Captain of Basketball team.

Everyone kind of expects Adriana to be his mate, they do almost have that irritatingly perfect and providentially beautiful life. Adrianna is already respected as the Alpha Female anyways, and she's everything the Alpha Female needs.

Independent, kind and beautiful.

There have been talk about another girl perhaps as his mate, I would almost pity the poor, lonesome female that would feel wrath of Adrianna Hall. But it was the unwavering vision of whatever individual with the beauty, brains and apparent, boobs; that I have of the future Luna. I'm not worried.

The pack house is around a half hours walk to the school, so I woke up early to leave for school. Perhaps if my parents noticed me more, they would insist that I use money saved from summer car shop job to get my own ride. But loneliness isn't all that bad you know, you learn to no be dependent to everyone. You learn to do things yourself, and not care of what others think.

The day was cold and a tad bitter. The sun rose, and an orange, crimson hue tainted the sky. Almost in anticipation of what's ahead.

Making my way to my locker, I felt a sudden urge to go to the field and having no experience being led off by my intuition, I followed it.The invisible feeling that held me captive rushed me towards the field, pushing people and shoving them out of the way I got there. And there stood in the middle of the field, Corey and his group of guy friends. Staring right at me, my eyes widened.

Feeling my presence, Corey turned and one look on his face. He wasn't expecting me, I doubt he knew who I was but I understood. I turned and walked away, I knew that there was no chance of me being Alpha Female.

Providence hates me.

I felt obvious love and consideration towards him and I knew he feels that way too, but for the benefit of the pack. I know Adrianna and the pack will be in good hands with her.

For the rest of the day, I was in a daze. Everything was a blur, spacing out as people talked to me but then again. Not many people talk to me.

I sighed as the final bell rang, I gathered up my things and began my trudge home. Today's events echoed in my mind, finding that Corey was my mate yet knowing that I am not fit to lead a pack. I guess the pain of knowing what I have yet cannot take. A scent shook me from my thoughts.

Corey's.

I paused and looked around, I was at the edge of the woods. And running towards me was Corey. I sighed, completely lost on what to do. I sure every parent had the 'mate' talk with their kids but not mine. But no doubt was he my mate, my wolf perked as he came closer.

See, our wolves have no thoughts, they are us but we just have feelings like when your hungry. You just know, that's how we know when to go for a run or when to go hunting. Almost like a pet you have to take care of for the rest of your life.

"Hey!" he called, I paused and turned. He was flushed and sweat dripped from his forehead as it was around 1km from here and the school. I bit my lip, what do I do now?

"Kimberly right?" he asked, I froze. Ouch. That hurt, I've been in the same school and many classes as him since we were born.

"Uh, no. It's Waverley." my voice gave nothing away, cleared my throat. Looking down, he scratched his hair. Which was a nice golden blonde color, oh hell. Everything about him was nice, deep dark blue eyes, and broad shoulders not to mention abs that can make Taylor Lautner hide in shame.

"Right, um this is hard for me but uh.. you're my mate." he paused, looking at me. I swallowed and nodded. And so he continued, he switched to the business voice. One of authority, I heard it during pack meetings and discussions, "You've been our pack for a long time now and as future Alpha I need to think of what's the best for the pack. And well, I need someone to assist me as Alpha Female."

I knew this was coming, I just knew that there was no way I can become Alpha Female. I knew that he needed someone more, outstanding. As much as it hurt, I knew that it was the truth.

"I know, I get it. You need someone that's more... Well liked. Someone who's a leader not a wallflower. Someone who is well liked and can assist you with the pack. Someone who's not.. well, me." I interrupted him hastily.

"I'm so sorry, I want to be able to love you. " Complete monotone.

"..To be able to have a family with my mate. But as Alpha, the pack comes first and I need someone.. Strong to assist me through it all."

Ouch, I stared at my worn out converse as I nodded numbly. The worst part is, I knew this was happening. I knew that what he was saying was right, I knew I wasn't good enough.

"Let me guess, Adrianna?" I said in a small voice, my heart broke as he nodded sadly. I've seen this coming but it doesn't make it any easier.

"I'm really sorry Waverley, you're a great person. I only wish I was in different circumstances so we could be together." I smiled bitterly, as I knew it was a lie. He didn't even know my name, so now I'm a great person? And with that he was about to walk away, but I had something on my mind.

"Uh, Corey?" he turned.

"Can I leave the pack?" he froze, I continued. "Please, I won't become rogue. I'll join another." I swallowed the tears, "There is nothing for me here."

I was begging him with my eyes, and I stared into his dark blue orbs. He nodded numbly, "You have my permission," Corey muttered, "But you need to talk to my Father." and with that, he took off, running down the road towards the school. Probably to claim his new mate.

I sighed, running home. Home? Is this place still my home? As I got to the pack house, I looked around, memories flooded back.

Me, as a small toddler reading a book alone as others played.

As a lonely 1st grader eating by myself while the other kids ran around.

As a scrawny preteen running upstairs in tears as the kids got dressed for the Valentines dance.

I decided the start of my new life would be now, making my decision to not talk to the Alpha. I rushed upstairs and gathered few of my things.

And finally, me.

Walking out the door with a change of clothes and $1000 cash that I've saved up over the summer.

With one last look, I guess this was never really my home.

..................................................

Hey! Thanks for reading! :)

Comment. Vote. Fan

Mooneytuney :)

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

560K 13.8K 28
"I dont want a weak pathetic and fat ugly mate like you. I will find another well deserving mate and Luna . Whats your full name?" "Emerald Hazen" i...
180K 5K 8
*Short Story* It is difficult to stay with the people who look down at you like you are some kind of disease. It hurts when they don't want to acknow...
801K 21.8K 38
Allie Dawson is in a family that is very important to her pack. Her parents were in charge before stepping down and passing on the responsibility to...
551K 13.8K 21
"I, Seth Weathers, reject you, Baila Daniels, as my mate forever and all eternity unless you thus chose to take me back." Her mate said. In those few...