Clarity || John Murphy

Oleh Breathe_Me

***I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS 13 PEOPLE, IT IS COMPLETELY UNEDITED AND SUCKS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED*** After Jo... Lebih Banyak

Preview/Copyright Statement
OTHER INFO - You will understand the story better if you read this!
Chapter One - The Lake, The Mist, and The Girl
Chapter Two - You Found Me
Chapter Three - The Colonies
Chapter Four - Training
Chapter Five - Prevention
Chapter Six - Let It Burn
Chapter Seven - 'Stupidity'
Chapter Eight - What did he do?
Chapter Nine - 'Leader' Jackson
Chapter Eleven - Chills
Chapter Twelve - Bloody Axe
Chapter Thirteen - Missing
Chapter Fourteen - Bullet Holes
Chapter Fifteen - New Beginnings
Chapter Sixteen - Hostage
Chapter Seventeen - Confliction
Chapter Eighteen - Dreamers
Chapter Nineteen - Liar Liar
Chapter Twenty - Wrecking Ball
Chapter Twenty-One - "What do you want from me?"
Chapter Twenty-Two - Confrontations
Chapter Twenty-Three - Decisions
Chapter Twenty-Four - Perfection
Chapter Twenty-Five - Finding & Reflecting
Chapter Twenty-Six - Cold Welcoming
Chapter Twenty-Seven - Taking The Risk
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Promise Me
Chapter Twenty-Nine - Breakdown
Chapter Thirty - Maps
Chapter Thirty-One - MECCA
Chapter Thirty-Two - Dear Mr. President
Chapter Thirty-Three - Back To Earth
Author's Note
THANK YOOOOOOOU!
Chapter Thirty-Four - Count Your Blessings
Chapter Thirty-Five - The Peacemaker
Chapter Thirty-Six - Confessions Of An Astro
Chapter Thirty-Seven - Desperate Measures
Chapter Thirty-Eight - Epilogue
Author's Note: Everything Else
10,000
Anyone like The Originals?
Skyfall (LAST UPDATE I PROMISE)

Chapter Ten - The Bet

3.6K 113 32
Oleh Breathe_Me

I sort of felt like this was just a filler compared to what will happen next chapter... So get ready, people. ;) And I was listening to this song all day today, so yeah. :) Have any of you ever heard of 5SOS (5 Seconds Of Summer)? Well, this is their newest song. ^.^ Don't stop.

And I FOUND ANOTHER MURPHY AGAIN. Wow I really love saying that. xD 

OH AND IT MOVES TOO. :D

Goal is 10 reads and 1 vote. :)

_____________________________________________________________________

Chapter Ten

Eve slowly pulled back the drawstring, the arrow placed inside of it. It had been two days since that night, and Murphy's burns had gotten to the point where they nearly didn't need the bandages anymore. He had been there for a total of 20 days, Eve had counted.

Eve was slightly worried about Murphy, he had been disappearing for hours at a time in the past three days. It was strange, because Jack always seemed to disappear around the same time. She assumed that Jack was probably just preparing him to join the guards, or maybe was taking him on a hunting trip. Either way, she was spending less time with him now. She wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not. She had more time for training and trying to help Jackie, Marcel, and Marcus with the electrical problems, but absence makes the heart grow fonder. she missed Murphy. Just like she missed everyone else who was gone.

Eve was just about to shoot the arrow, when she felt a tap on her right shoulder. She jumped, and shot the arrow by accident, missing the target by about two feet. She spun around to glare at the perpetrator, only to see Murphy making a mixture of a smirk and a grin on his face.

"Murphy!" She groaned. He laughed, causing her to frown and cross her arms over her chest after putting her bow down. "That's not funny!"

He shook his head. "No, I think it is. You work so hard, yet you can't hit the target when you get surprised or can't see correctly."

"Oh, please! I could hit that target in my sleep." She glared at him.

"Oh really?" He chuckled, smirking and cocking an eyebrow.

"Yes!" She argued.

"Wanna bet on it?"

"Fine." She said, grabbing her bow off the ground and walking in front of him with her arrows. "If I win, you have to help Jay in his shop for a month, and help me with every job that I have to do with Marcus and Marcel for two months."

"And if I win, you have to go on a date with me. Tonight." He smirked.

She lowered the bow, her interest at it's peak. "A date? Where?"

"That's for me to know, and for you to find out."

"Sorry to disappoint you, but you're going to have to make other plans for tonight, and without me."

"What makes you say that?"

"I never lose." She smiled deviously.

"Ah! But wait a minute. I haven't said the conditions." She paused, frowning. He hadn't mentioned them at all. "You have to hit the middle of the target, and you have to do it blindfolded."

"Fine." She grumbled, grinding her teeth.

Murphy ran into Jay's shop, coming back with a clean cloth. He wrapped it around her head, covering her eyes.

With that, she raised the bow, setting up the arrow and hoping that she hit the middle. She let the arrow fly, and heard it hit the target with a loud thunk.

He leaned forwards, whispering in her ear. "I win." She could practically hear the smirk on his face, just by hearing the tone in his voice.

She ripped off the blindfold, frowning when she saw that he was right. It had hit the target, but was more than three inches off the middle red dot. "Dammit." She cursed.

"I'll see you tonight, babe." He smirked at her.

"Call me that again at your own risk."

*

Eve stared out the window, watching the sunset admirably. She had always loved her apartment for that reason, it had a gorgeous view. She could see the large pond about a hundred feet away from the building, as well as the many different fields and large amounts of forest area surrounding the colony.

The colony was getting larger with each day that passed. It was constantly growing, with more people, buildings, and land being added to the mix everyday. There had been an extreme population growth in the past year. In October of 2132, the population had been 2,585. Now, almost a year later exactly, it was 2,720. 135 children had been born in the past year. Buildings were added as well, with ten other different houses being built in two years. A few farms had gained a few more acres as well.

By now, the sun was casting an orange and pink shadow across the sky. She remembered the second night Murphy had been at the colony, and had actually been away to see the sun setting. He had looked amazed, he said it looked ten times more beautiful when a bunch of trees weren't in the way.

Eve smiled softly when she heard a knock on the door of the apartment. She was excited for the date, but also slightly nervous. Why exactly did he want to go on a date with her? Was it to prove a point? Maybe just for fun? Who knows.

She walked up to the door, opening it and smiling when she saw Murphy standing there. "Hi."

"Hey, you look great." He grinned at her. She was wearing a white fuzzy sweater and jeans with combat boots, while he was wearing black jeans with a white t-shirt and dog tags that Jack had printed for him. Jack printed dog tags and an I.D. for every member of his team, just so that they could be easily identified. Eve actually liked them a lot.

"Thanks, you do too. I love the tags." She said, pointing at the thin metal slabs hanging from the chain on his neck.

He smiled. "Yeah, well, you can thank Jack for that. He gave them to me this morning."

She nodded, and glanced down at his wrist, which was still bandaged. Actually, his entire arm was. "Do they still hurt?"

He shook his head. "No, not at all. I was thinking about taking them off tonight, and leaving them off."

She nodded again. "I think you should. If they don't hurt anymore then they'll probably just be scars after today.

He smiled. "Thank you for helping me, by the way. I don't think I could wrap and re-wrap myself every day without your help." He chuckled.

She smiled. "Your welcome."

He looked at her for a moment, then smiled back. "We should probably get going."

She nodded, and exited the apartment, going to shut the door behind her. Her hand touched Murphy's, who had gone to shut the door for her. She smiled at him, and he closed the door.

They walked to the elevator, taking the seventeen floors down to the ground level. He led her out to the parking lot, where many of the teenagers had cars parked there. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Why are we here?"

He smirked at her, pulling keys out of his pocket and spinning them around on his finger. "Do you wonder where I've been for the past three days? Jack taught me how to drive."

"You learned how to drive in three days?" She asked, surprised.

"I'm a fast learner. That, and Jack is a good teacher."

She nodded. "Well, let's just hope that you're a good enough driver that you don't crash us into a tree."

"Don't get your hopes up." He chuckled.

Murphy walked to the truck, a grin on his face. He opened the passenger door, smiling at her and bowing slightly while still holding it open. “Your carriage awaits, milady.” He said, attempting at using an extremely deep voice.

She laughed, climbing into the truck and going onto the seat. “Please be careful.”

He chuckled, shutting the door and smiling at her through the open window. “Don’t you trust me?”

“I do, it’s Jack’s teaching that I don’t trust.” He laughed in reply, and walked to his side of the truck. He climbed in, and shoved the keys in the ignition. The truck roared to life, and she saw him glance in the mirror, checking that it was in the right position.

Within a few minutes, they were driving through the woods on one of the many paths that Jack and his crew had been developing.

"Where are we going, exactly?"

"It's a surprise."

She nodded, staying silent for a minute or so, before turning around with a mischievous grin on her face. "You should tell me."

He laughed. "Don't you know what 'surprise' means?"

"Nope. Explain it to me." She said, the grin getting bigger.

"It means I can't tell you."

"Aww!" She pouted, making him burst out laughing.

"Don't worry, we're almost there." He chuckled.

She smiled, and stayed silent. Suddenly, he pulled the truck to a stop. "First, you have to put this on." She stared down at his open palm.

"Okay, the last time I wore one of those, I lost a bet." She frowned.

"But hey, that bet won you me, didn't it?" He winked. She rolled her eyes, giggling and tying the blindfold over her eyes.

She felt the vehicle go into drive again, and she waited for a few minutes before he finally reached his destination. "We're here."  He reached behind her, untying the blindfold and slowly removed it.

Eve's eyes widened. He had brought her to the river, the same one where they had first seen each other. Except, this time was very different. Everything was glowing. The moss on the trees and rocks glowed a vibrant and electric blue, the water seemed like it was nearly white, and leaves and flowers looked like a darker blue. "I've never been here at night." She said, entranced by the beauty of the area.

"I know." He said, a genuine smile on his face as he watched her.

"But, that's not it. Come on." He grinned, getting out of the truck and opening her door for her. After helping her step down onto the ground, he smiled at her, taking her hand and leading her down the edge of the river.

Suddenly, he stopped. He turned around to face her, towering over her by at least five inches. He leaned down, and whispered in her ear. "Close your eyes, angel." He smiled.

Eve felt slight shivers go down her spine. He had never called her that before, no one had. But, for some reason, she loved it. She closed her eyes, and waited for a few moments before she heard him moving beside her. She made a squeaking sound of surprise when he snaked his arms under her legs and around her back. Her eyes flew open to stare at him. "What are you doing?!"

He sighed, chuckling lightly afterwards. "I'm not moving until you shut your eyes."

She closed her eyes, and he started walking. "So why are you carrying me, anyway?"

"Would 'Because I feel like it' be enough?"

"Nope." She said, popping the 'p'.

"Fine. Because you need to have your eyes closed, but I don't want you to fall."

"I can walk on my own, you know."

"Well too bad, I'm carrying you whether you like it or not." He laughed, and she could feel his chest vibrating as she rested against it.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

He laughed again. "I told you, it's a surprise!"

"Again?!" She groaned. She felt like a little girl in a way, but surprises were the thing that made her bring out her inner child. She loved them, and always got excited. Of course, the curiosity was a down-side.

"Yes, again."

She crossed her arms over in frustration. "Relax, we're almost there." He added.

A few minutes later, he set her down, with her eyes still closed. She suddenly felt her breath beside her ear again. “Open.” He whispered.

When she did, she was more than surprised. Had he really done all of this? She realized that the reason why he wanted to carry her was because he was walking on a very rocky area. About ten feet from the rocky area was a large patch of grass, with a large - actually, HUGE - oak tree near it. Under the tree was a long red blanket with a basket on it.

“Do you like it?”

“I love it!” She grinned, hugging him tightly. “Thank you. You didn’t have to do this.” She smiled.

“Yes, I think I did. Plus, I won the bet. I keep my word.” He winked at her, causing her to roll her eyes playfully.

“Well, I suggest we start eating before we don’t have enough time to take a dip in the river.” He smirked.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1.5K 85 19
This is a Clexa story about lexa following Clarke and protecting her without her knowing who she is. Imagine how shocked Clarke is when she finally m...
4.6K 110 14
Stacey Kane went through hell on the Ark. When she's sent down to the ground she feels free and complete. Some events changed her. She thought she co...
623K 18.5K 40
Venus Bartone is one of the 100, the people that were put into the skybox because they were too young to be executed. She was put there because her k...
47.3K 1.3K 16
**This is a Sequel to my book Clarke of The Grounders.** With Lexas' last breath, she picked Clarke to be the next Commander. Lexa was buried and Cla...