With Him

Od sadisticxroses

this honestly isn't good but it's short - When Jazzlen is coerced to go to the desert with her best friend, H... Více

Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:

Chapter 1

623 10 0
Od sadisticxroses

This is a short story! The chapters will not be as long - probably all over the place. No consistency in the amount of pages each chapter. With that said, ENJOY!

Chapter 1:

I ran into the restaurant, frantic as I looked around for Cory. Finally I saw him as he raised his hand up. I sighed in relief and made my way over to him.

"Hey, Babe," I greeted, kissing him on the lips. "I'm so sorry I'm late."

"It's no problem, Jazz," he smiled charmingly, running a hand through his silk black hair. "I ordered for the both of us, you're favorite." I smiled in thanks and sipped a water on the table.

Uh, he forgot to ask for no lemon.

Pursing my lips I didn't comment and, instead, curled a strand of hair behind my ear.

"How was your day," I asked him. "How was work?"

"There was this one girl over the phone who wouldn't stop asking me questions when I had already answered about five times. Having to repeat myself over and over sitting next to the guys was completely humiliating." He shook his head and held my hand, running his thumb over the back of my hand.

"Aw, sorry, Babe," I sympathized.

"Other than that." He released my hand and tapped a mini beat on the table. "Drum roll please...I got a raise!"

"Ah, Cory, that's amazing," I cried, leaning over and pecking him on the lips. "Congratulations!"

"Thanks, Honey." He grinned excitedly, his eyes lighting up as he sipped his water. He looked down and checked his reflection in the spoon. "So, since I've got this money now and you still have a strong job I was thinking-"

"You're order." A waiter appeared out of no where and set a plate in front of me. My mouth dropped when I saw what he ordered me.

I was expecting my favorite: Chicken Piccata, but this...

He ordered me a salad, with red meat.

He knew what red meat did to me. I get gassy and barf. On top of that! He had the audacity to order his own girlfriend a salad!

I looked down at my water as well.

Was he joking?

"Uh, Babe," I laughed nervously. "You know I can't eat red meat." He quirked his brow.

"Aw, Honey, I'm sorry. Can't you just, pick it off or something?" I kept my jaw from dropping and just nodded my head. Not really knowing what to do.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom, excuse me." I got up with my purse in hand and went to the bathroom. Shutting the door I presses Speed Dial #2.

"HEY SWEETHEART! DID HE LIKE YOU?! I TOLD YOU THAT BEING LATE WAS WORTH IT IF YOU LOOKED LIKE THAT!" I sighed and looked down at my mini dress, heels, and painted toenails. I was even wearing the bracelet he gave me for Christmas last year!

"He didn't even comment on it."

"You're joking."

"Not even. And, get this, he ordered me a water-"

"No!"

"With salad-"

"Ah!"

"And red meat!"

"Oh my God! What the heck is his deal?!"

"I don't know," I sighed. "Look, I just need some girl power right now, kisses?"

"Kisses, definitely, and hugs." We made kiss noises over the phone before we hung up.

Sighing, I fixed my curly, blonde hair, checked my make-up, and pushed my boobs up a bit. When I felt accomplished I walked back out.

When I get back to my seat the foods gone and dessert is set.

I didn't even take a bite of my "dinner."

At least he got my favorite dessert: chocolate cake.

"Sorry that took so long," I apologized, sitting back down.

"Yeah, what was up with that?" He scrunched his brow and took a sip of his water. "You know how I hate waiting." I quirked a brow but didn't say anything, again.

I didn't understand what was wrong with Cory tonight. Usually he's so charming, not...Ugh. To add a cherry to the cake tonight was our 2 year anniversary. High school sweethearts since junior year still going strong.

At least, I hoped so.

I took a bite of my cake and nearly gagged.

What the heck was that?

"Babe," I asked, choking as I grabbed my water. "What is this?"

"Cappuccino coffee cake," he announced proudly. "You're favorite." I shook my head and placed a hand on my chest. He noticed nothing and took the first bite of his dessert.

"Ugh, Honey, do you mind switching desserts with me? This tastes terrible." This time I allowed my jaw to drop.

"Cory," I screamed, throwing my napking down onto the table. "What's the matter with you tonight?! Honestly! You'd think you'd know me better after two years of dating!"

"Honey." He too got up and looked around. "Let's not make a scene."

"Cory," I shouted, taken aback.

He's more worried about making a scene rather than my being upset? This has got to be a prank Hazel played on me. I hoped so.

"Sweetie, I'm sorry, I'm just nervous," he tried to calm me down.

"Nervous about what?!" He sighed and looked down to the floor. He reached into his pocket and kneeled down on the ground. "Cory?" He glanced up at me and held my gaze.

"Jazzmine Piper Rose-" My middle name's Hope. "I've known you for the greatest two years of my life. Since senior year-" Junior year. "And we're both now 19-" I'll be 19 next month. "Would you do the honor of making me the happiest man alive and becoming my wife."

When most girls imagine their proposal they see roses and candles and fireworks. When I imagined my proposal all I saw was the cheesy way to do it: Put the ring in the food.

He couldn't even remember that.

"Cory?!" I step back, astonished. "Are you joking?" His smile fell to the ground, and he stared at me blanky.

"What?"

"You have messed this night up so bad! I'M 19 NEXT MONTH! WE'VE KNOWN EACH OTHER SINCE JUNIOR YEAR! MY MIDDLE NAME IS HOPE NOT PIPER! WHERE DID YOU EVEN GET THAT?!" I sighed and took a deep breath. "Look, we're too young to get married, and you obviously don't have the first clue about me."

"Wait, so you're not marrying me?" I shook my head in disgust.

"No, Cory, I'm not marrying you. I'm dumping you. Handle the bill yourself. I'm sure they'd take your ego because you have so much of it." I grabbed my purse and exited the place. Tears started to spill erratically down my face, and I wiped them with the bag of my hand.

Quickly, I found my car and jumped inside. Just as I'm about to start it up I got a text.

hope you have a nice life without me, maybe you'll know not be such a tramp

I snorted and blocked his number from my phone. Quickly I jammed the keys in the ignition and drove away.

When I arrived at my house Hazel was in the doorway, waiting for me with a bag of groceries in one hand and 3 movies in the other.

"Sweetheart," she cried when she saw my tearstained face. I sobbed and ran into her arms.

"Two years and he got me coffee cake," I wailed. She nodded.

"Alright, okay, that's...just let it all out. Come on Jazz." She pulled me inside where I was bombarded with a hug.

"He's not worth it, Sis," Kendall, my older brother by 2 years, assured me.

"Thanks Kenny," I told him, hiccuping.

"Come on, Jazz," Hazel said, leading me onto the couch. "Let's watch The Great Gatsby to show you that you women be devious. Maybe we can pour some eyedrops and laxatives into his morning smoothies." I laughed and leaned into her shoulder.

Halfway through the movie the door bursted open.

"Kendall! I got some - What the heck happened to you?!" Brad's voice filled my ears and I almost wanted to smile.

Almost.

"Her and Cory broke up," I heard Kendall whisper to him.

I heard nothing until strong arms wrapped around me.

"Ah, Jazzy, that's tough." I nodded and hugged him tightly.

Out of all the pairs of arms, Brad's had always comforted me the most. Maybe because he's so strong or that I'd known him for longer than 2 years, but he just always knew how to make me feel welcomed.

"Brad it hurts so much," I sobbed. He nodded as I buried my head into the crook of his neck. He sat down next to me, and I felt his arms move behind me.

"What're you doing," I mumbled.

"Changing your Facebook status to single. I'm surprised you've forgotten, you're always on your phone." I felt my lips upturn a little, yet no smile.

"Shut up," I grumbled. The room fell quiet, the only sound being my continuous hiccups and the movie playing.

"I've got an idea," Brad announced, sitting up with me still wrapped in his arms.

"What is it," I groaned, laying on his lap. He brushed my hair over my face and look down at me.

"Road trip." I rose an eyebrow as Hazel bursted out laughing to my right.

"Are you kidding?"

"Brad, Man," Kendall smirked. "What type of crack are you on? Did you go to the usual guy?"

"Shut it," Brad said, punching him in the shoulder. Kendall just laughing.

"Explain," I demanded.

"We rent an RV, go to the desert, and spend a week or two there. Just us four. No parents, signal, or annoying ex-boyfriends." I closed my eyes and turned, burying my face in his shirt as he adjusted my head on his lap.

"Sorry Jazzy, but, come on, guys. It's a good idea."

"I guess it sounds okay," Hazel consented.

"It isn't an awful idea," Kendall agreed.

"No," I grumbled. "I don't wanna go."

"Ah, come on, Jazzy, this is for you," Brad whined, leaning down so his lips were by my ear.

"Brad," I complained. "No phone connection? That's social suicide." They laughed at me, and he combed my hair.

"Please, Jazzy, for me?"

"Yeah, come on, Jazz. It'll be fun," Hazel urged. "We'll rent out some ATVs and just tan all day! Maybe we'll find some tan man with gorgeous assets." I imagined the idea.

I guess it could end up being fun.

"Fine," I finally agreed. "But I'm not driving. Besides, how are we gonna find the money for this?" We all shared look before Hazel announced:

"My parents."

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

7.4K 124 20
Ace Primo is trying to find out the real defination of true love. When he wasn't looking for his princess during his trip to Cuba, he found his princ...
107K 5.3K 45
When Kylie Johnson's temperamental, ominous, and overprotective older brother continuously ruins her love life, she decides to permanently eliminate...
7.1K 547 16
Sehun and chanyeol has been best friends since kindergarten they were always together.. playing laughing...they even attended the same middle school...
6.3K 327 19
I am currently rewriting this, but feel free to give this draft a read :D Shadow's world is turned upside down when she found out her grandmother die...