Parallel Universes || Phan

بواسطة HelloAnonymousWriter

Phillip is a scientist who is studying Parallel Universes. After what he thinks is a tragic loss where his b... المزيد

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
FANART

Chapter 1

10.2K 438 537
بواسطة HelloAnonymousWriter

I pushed the door open and grinned as I saw my boyfriend curled up on the sofa, fast asleep. We had the same job, both of us were scientists. It was his day off though and he had been so exhausted. I had just gotten back from the lab, doing my new research.

My name is Phillip Lester, and my boyfriend is Daniel Howell. Sometimes we call ourselves Dan and Phil but that's just us, everyone else calls us by our full names. The research we had been busy on is "Parallel Universes." 

We are convinced that somewhere out there in the universe there is a planet identical to ours with the same people who lived and died but possibly different. We're working on a way to open up a wormhole and find a way into the other worlds.

Some people call us crazy and dangerous but we are well known scientists and have benefited the world greatly. Who do you think invented the hover car? Yours truly ... and Dan figured out a solution to global warming. We have been partners a long time and we split the success, as well as our relationship.

I love him to pieces and gladly the world has accepted that. Gay marriage was approved many decades ago and the world is completely fine with it ... but I haven't proposed yet. I'm thinking about it, seriously I am!

I just need the right moment! 

I grinned down at my knocked out boyfriend and picked him up bridal style, carrying him up to our bedroom. Once there, I gently placed him on the bed and snuggled up to him, having a well earned sleep.

-----

"You sure?" I asked.

"Yeah don't worry, I can handle the board on my own fine. You need to get to the lab and start putting the plans together. There's not a day to waste so I need you carry on working. I'll present the plans today and then we'll be on our way." Dan reassured, pecking my cheek fondly.

I beamed at him and gave him a passionate kiss before pulling my denim jacket on. "Alright, you've convinced me ... just get it done quickly. I don't like being at the lab without you. Drive safely." I grinned.

"You worry too much." He grinned.

"It's my job!" I smiled and pecked him one more time before rushing out the door to my car and hopping in. Obviously I got the latest build since I invented the thing but I don't like to flash it around too much. I'm not really a big headed guy and neither is Dan. We do it for the love of discovery and change.

I put it into gear and grinned as I felt the vehicle lift off the ground and waved to Dan who waved back.

With that, I drove off to the laboratory to start building the worm hole portal. When I got there I scanned my card, said hi to the receptionist and took the lift up to the top floor, our working space. We called it Hester tower ... I know, cheesy, but can you blame us?

As soon as I reached our floor I slipped my jacket off and changed into my black jumpsuit and put my goggles on. My hair was getting longer, I'd need to cut it soon.

I walked over to the half built base of the machine and set out the blue prints, scanning over bits and pieces and collecting them from boxes around the room. I took out bits I needed and started my work on piecing bits together exactly how we had set out on the blueprints. 

--- 4 hours later ---

I had the machine half finished and was screwing another bolt in when my phone went off. I checked my watch and my eyebrows raised at how late is was. Time flies. Where was Dan?Shouldn't he have been there two hours ago?

I took my gloves off and removed my goggles, then picked up my white band mobile device. I slipped it on my other wrist and pressed the blue button. I didn't wear it whilst working in case it got damaged. We got rid of mobiles a long time ago.

Our friend PJ Ligouri invented the wrist mobile. It's a white metal band that fits on like a watch and when you press the small blue button a hologram comes up with the incoming caller. 

I pressed the button and sure enough Dan's holographic ID floated in mid air in front of me. His handsome face grinning down at me. I chuckled, and answered the call.

"Daaan, what's taking you so long?" I whined.

"Mr Lester?" An unfamiliar voice asked. I felt my blood go cold, Dan never lets anyone answer his phone so this was probably bad news.

"Yes ..." I said hesitantly.

"It's about Daniel Howell. I'm police officer Smith, we searched through his phone and found you were his emergency contact ..." The voice started.

"EMERGENCY? What's happened? Is he alright?" I asked frantically.

"I regret to tell you that he is in the hospital ..." The officer said. I felt my breath catch in my throat. Why is he in the hospital, is he hurt? What happened to him? Will I ever see him again?

"HOSPITAL? Why is he in the hospital?" I asked, shakily.

"He was in an unfortunate car accident on the way over to Hester Industries where I believe your current position is Mr Lester. I'm sorry but he has slipped into a deep coma and is very unlikely to awake from it." 

My blood ran cold and my legs went numb, making me lose balance and fall to my knees. Not Dan ...... not my Dan! 

"Mr Lester? Would you like us to send you a car to take you to the hospital?" Mr Smith offered.

"Y-yes please." I stuttered.

"On it's way, and I'm sorry Mr Lester." with that he hung up and I let it all out. I cried into my hands, my sobs echoing through the empty lab. 

Dan.

My Dan.

Was in a coma.

And was unlikely to wake up from it ...

I screamed and threw my mobile band across the room and feeling strangely satisfied as it smashed to pieces when it made contact with the wall. I hoped that after it was destroyed the bad news with die with it, that it was a mistake and now the device was broken it won't come true ... but I'm still hurting and Dan ... is still hurt.

The receptionist, Becky, soon arrived in the elevator to tell me the car was here and say he was sorry for my loss. I tried my best to stop crying but every now and then in the car a few rebel tears would break free and travel down my tear stained cheeks. 

I wiped the recent ones away furiously.

When my car pulled up at A&E I quickly jumped out and rushed to reception where a woman stood behind reception with a frown across his forehead. I heard her muttering to the man beside her. 

"I'm worried, he's in such a bad condition. They say he won't wake up and will probably be taken off life support since there's only a 5% chance of him waking up. The world's going to be pretty upset when they find the famous Daniel James Howell is d-"

"Daniel James Howell's room please." I spat. The girl turned round and stared wide eyed when she saw me and gave me a sad pitying look.

"O-oh of course Mr Lester." He stuttered. She hurriedly tapped away on her computer until she found the right information. "Up the stairs, third turn on your left, room 206." She said, a false smile straining her face.

"Thanks." I muttered and felt the tears sting my eyes. 

5% chance? 

I ran up the stairs and found the door with '206' in gold letters worn with time drilled into the metal door. I hesitated as I placed my hand on the door knob. Did I really want to see him in this state? As soon as I walk in and see his limp body it will confirm that he will never wake up.

Hanging onto 5% is pointless, I'm a scientist and listen to logic. As soon as I go in, this will be my last goodbye. I've figured it all out before I get in there. I'm going to take him off life support, 5% chance of waking up is not how he'd want to live. 

I won't leave him to live in that coma for the rest of his life, that is no life ... I sniffed and twisted the door open. I gasped when I saw his battered body on the bed and beeping heart monitor beside him. His mother, father and brother along with mine were already there, teary eyed.

When their eyes laid on me I could tell I probably looked horrified by the pitying and miserable expressions on their faces. I felt like my heart had ripped to pieces and I wanted to abandon logic, abandon taking his life away. I wanted to hold onto the 5% chance so bad and hope to god he wakes up.

But even then when I cried beside his bed I knew that it was pointless and after this Daniel James Howell will be no more.

I took his hand in mine and stroked my thumb over his bruised knuckles as I cried into his chest. I glanced through my blurry vision up at his face. There was an ugly bump on his head and scratches, cuts and gashes on his forehead and collarbones. 

Despite the damage he still looked gorgeous. I cupped his face and kissed his lips one last time.

"I love you." I whispered and slipped a small black box out my back pocket. Without, the other's seeing I slipped a silver band ring onto his engagement ring finger and kissed it. "Always. And ... forgive me, but I can't let you live like this." I said even quieter so only he could hear me if he still had a conscious mind.

I looked at his mother who looked distraught. With one look she knew what I had planned and burst into tears again, sobbing into her other son's arm who patted her soothingly. 

I left the room and spoke to the doctor about getting Dan off life support, 5% isn't going to help me. And Dan doesn't deserve to live as a lifeless human being. No one does.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

1.2K 206 36
Dan Howell is in love with Phil Lester, but Phil is clueless... Will Phil ever feel the same way?
834K 28.2K 23
Dan is the popular kid at his school. He can have any girl he wants. But then Phil started in his class and everything changed. Now he doesn't want a...
468 7 30
DISCLAIMER: This story is mature because it will have some self harm in it. It will also have some swearing due to that's how Dan actually talks. Thi...
58.4K 3.7K 10
Dan Howell has grown up wingless in a world full of wings. Old legends have twisted the views of his peers, leaving him utterly alone until he meets...