Seek And Destroy [COMPLETED]

Suhailashaheen द्वारा

Elena Bawthorne, the most common girl in a quiet town; forced to endure the city life and find a living to pr... अधिक

Chapter 1: Looking In The Mirror.
Chapter 2 : Turning A New Leaf
Chapter 3 : And Then I Found You
Chapter 4 : A Figment Of My Past
Chapter 5 : Unexpected Outcomes
Chapter 6 : Sealing Broken Promises.
Chapter 7 : Smoke And Alarms
Chapter 8 : Miracles And Abominations.
Chapter 9 : Walking, Strutting And Falling
Chapter 10 : From Shrimp To Curry.
Chapter 11 : ''He Looks Like A Burnt Marshmallow''
Chapter 12 : A Turn In Tides
Chapter 13 : A Single Steady Sound.
Chapter 14 : A Past Far More Greater Than Yours.
Chapter 15 : Love Lessons
Chapter 16 : Talking And Clinking Of Champagne Glasses.
Chapter 17 : Grandpa's Lost Treasure.
Chapter 18 : Travelling the - wait, are those cookies?
Chapter 19 : In Love With Him Again.
Chapter 20 : ''Shhhh. Don't Say A Thing.''
Chapter 21 : Even Without The Crown.
Chapter 22 : Just A Precaution
Cast Making
Chapter 23 : Cheese-filled Mind Of Yours.
Chapter 25 : Nights With You.
Chapter 26 : Flashes.
Chapter 27 : A Small Companion.
Chapter 28 : You. Me. Mistletoes. And Midnight.
Chapter 29 : Twenty Dollars In My Pocket.
Chapter 30 : Morning Vibes Waking Up Beside You.
Chapter 31 : A Cliché Love Story.
Chapter 32 : Give me your hand. Let's make us forever.
Chapter 33 : I Don't Like To Marry You.
Chapter 34 : The Social Media Storm.
Chapter 35 : Another Ball. Another Gown.
Chapter 36 : Don't Be Afraid.
Chapter 37 : Roses And Whiskers.
Chapter 38 : A Royal Extension.
Chapter 39 : The Clock Is Ticking, The Days Are Passing.
Chapter 40 : The Day Before The Wedding.
Chapter 41 : ''Skip The formalities, I Fucking Do''
Epilogue.
Author's Note
Other Books.

Chapter 24 : Stares And Backbites.

16 2 0
Suhailashaheen द्वारा

He told it.

He told it all. Along with another short speech of how he loved me that I didn't even pay attention to. My hand was glued to his and everyone's eyes were trained on them.

I can feel the intense stares the girls were giving me. And it was just then that I realized that Raina wasn't here. I thought she was here but apparently she wasn't.

'Is this a joke?', a young man yelled,'You're engaged to Her highness, Raina'

'Not any more', Edward replied to the direction of the voice; unsure of who told it. But I knew who. The young man grunted in reply and looked at me scornfully.

'Oh son! This is great news!', Anastasia complimented; ignoring the stares and backbites which had been throwing my way ever since Edward snaked his arm around my petite waist.

They knew then, that something was going between us. Some spark. Something that should have been directed to Raina.

Raina.

I feel sorry for her. I could only imagine what it's like to get the love of your life ripped away from you. Oh wait, she didn't love him. But I do. I do. I certainly and will do for the rest of my pathetic life. Royal or plain, Edward was a good person. Well, mostly when you reach the inside.

Otherwise he could beat your ass through a malicious smile and simple words.

But, I still love him.

I finally unfreeze when Anastasia adorned her hands around my neck as she pulled me in to a tight embrace.

'Mum, you're squashing her', Edward blurted.

'Oh sorry', she let go and gave me a graceful, yet, in a way, clumsy smile,'So proud of you both!'

'Me too', Rupert said as he came behind his wife and placed a hand on Edward's shoulder,'You chose right'

'I always do', Edward's eyes sparkled.

The rest of the evening was spent on people congratulating me and paparazzi swarming over me. It was like a tsunami of questions washed over me.

'What is your favorite hobby?'

'What did you eat for breakfast?'

'Do you wax or do you shave?'

Yeah, that kind of questions. And there was certainly an amount of people who glared at me and Edward and who talked behind purses and perfect manicured hands. Talking behind our back.

Some didn't approve but some did. That's just life I guess.

I ignored them and continued to smile at the people who approved of us. Me and Edward danced the night away till everyone felt too tired to stay any longer.

They bid their farewells and left without a second word. The music stopped abruptly and Oliver started to yawn repeatedly.

Derick had been slumping at a corner ever since the night started. I only saw glimpses of him as he was covered by the busy crowd earlier.

But now I saw him clearly. His shoulders were thrown forward in some awkward position as he sat on the armchair that was set near the fireplace.

His cheeky grin missing and his usual humor gone, he looked almost a ghost. Just a figment of what he used to be.
Barely human.

I excused myself and walked over to him. I tapped his shoulder and stood awkwardly next to the big armchair that he companied.

I grabbed a vacant chair from nearby and carried it over to him. The servants were rushing to my aid but I waved them off.

'Are you okay?', I bit my lip as I sat down on my chair,'I heard what happened with Oliver'

He looked at me; shocked but then it quickly faded,'Yeah. I guess I'm a bit sad. But I'll get over it'

'I don't like this version of you', I playfully punched his shoulder,'I miss the other you'

'There's only one me', he groaned depressingly.

'No there isn't. I feel like the creature sitting next to me is an alien from above. An entity possessing the body of my best bud', I replied.

I saw the the ghost of a smile he used to wear come on his face but then it turned to a frown just as quick as it came,'You're annoying, you know that'

'Yeah, that's why I love her', Edward says as he now stood next to me. When did he come?

Derick barely glanced at him. He didn't even show anything that connected him of being aware of Edward's presence.

'Really man', Edward kept on,'Cheer up a bit. My brother is a buffoon. There's more fish in the sea'

'I don't swim', was Derick's simple reply,'Not so deep anyway'

He got up suddenly and walked away in a steady pace that set him off from the surrounding people who were rushing here and there.

'What can I do to help him?', I mutter as Edward started to massage my shoulders.

'Some people', Edward replied,'Just don't want to be helped Elena. They prefer the grief before moving on'

And with that statement, a tear left my eye.

===========================

*Oliver's View*

Everyone was shocked at the news. The people who kept annoying me to reveal the identity of the princess before stated at Elena with incredible faces.

I almost felt like laughing.

I don't know why, but, I always seem to laugh at the most awkward or off moments. I just do it in the most wrong of times. Inappropriate times.

I spot Derick at the far edge of the table. He was not surprised of course. He was pricking at the cherries on top of the pudding with his fork; causing his pudding to turn to mush.

I felt bad for denying him. I consider myself straight but there were times I thought that I wasn't.

Like when I was small, how I liked my best friend in a way no one could explain. How I clinged on to him at school till it became unhealthy and my parents made me homeschool.

Like I said, there were times that I questioned the fact of me being straight.

But I don't know. I tried to deny it. I felt embarrassed to even consider myself gay. I just couldn't. For me, it was the worst kind of embarrassment ever.

But wouldn't I be denying myself of the type of love I want in my life? Aren't I?
Will I?

After dessert, everyone started to get up and properly meet the new found lovers.

Most were excited while some expressed looks of pure murder and rage.

I didn't know there were quite that many supporters for Raina. I just thought she was that usual bitch no one liked.

I know. Rude.
But true.

My mother always taught me to be a honest child. So be it.

But am I being honest for denying my true feelings?

************************************You guys liked that?

I even enlightened you on how Oliver felt. I just wish he'd just come out of his flower bud! 😭.

I just wished he bloomed into some rare tropical flower. I'm so weird.

Glad to know you minions tolerate me.

~ Suhaila. 😈.

Q: what's the tattoo you would get if you were given the chance?

-probably the Teen Wolf tattoos of Derick's and Scott's but then I'd also don't mind a dream catcher for one.☝🏻.

Fun fact :  The Derick in my book was named after the Derick from The Teen Wolf series. If you didn't watch it, go watch it now!

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

Extra Ordinary h द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

349K 19.3K 41
The story of an ordinary girl's encounter with an extraordinary hero and what trials and tribulations come after.
21.1K 592 15
Amy St.Claire lives in a world where it's unlikely to find a 'Prince Charming'. When she sets foot in the ball, everything changes. Not only for her...
5.6K 1.2K 47
Anna is an ordinary girl living her life as she had planned out for years. All of a sudden, she is presented with the choice to marry the Crown Princ...
1K 55 35
Elena Marie Owens, a cool, Independent 15 year old. A very well known person around New York due to her talents in the Arts and Crafts, and one of he...