THEY THINK MY LOVER IS STRANG...

By ninaseesghosts

"an extraordinary girl deserves to see extraordinary things." mike and eleven from stranger things. lowerc... More

eggos.
now you gotta kiss me.
snowflakes.
colors.
polaroids.
sag awards !!
12:00 a.m.
telekenisis.
white roses.
photoshoot// slow update apology.
marceline.
don't.
pretty picture.
water.
pink flowers.
face reval 2.
worthless.
regret.
i knew.
a good kind of fire.

p.e.

1.5K 45 142
By ninaseesghosts

dt: @crazepancakejewl
requested.

el.
the butterflies in my stomach are raging, but they're not the good kind. not at all.

i'm sick. my pre-flu symptoms have been bugging me all day, and now i'm forced to go to P.E. class. my stomach nausea is at it's worst peak. i feel as if i could throw up at any given moment.

mike holds my hand as we walk to the middle of the gym, his eyes casting down at me, a concerned gaze wavering over his dark brown orbs.

"are you sure you're alright, love?" he asks.

i nod my head, slowly. it hurts if i move it too fast.

gym is the last class of the day. i'll be fine.

"yes," i lie.

mike takes his lip between his teeth and says nothing.

i close my eyes. it hurts to have them open for too long.

"meet at the middle, class!" mrs. baker, our obnoxious gym teacher yells. "we don't have all day!"

i stifle a groan as mike drags me to the middle, where the tiger in a circle with an H on top is engraved onto the floor, and then drops my hand.

i slightly frown. his hand felt nice against mine.

"for today's class, i'm splitting the class into teams for basketball," the gym teacher says.

a low groan came from the back of the class.

everyone whipped their heads around, only to have a state shot back at them by the one and only, dustin henderson.

"why basketball?" he groans. "you know, mrs. baker, if these legs get any more muscular, they'll tear open."

a round of snickers come from the class.

"keep quiet," mrs. baker says. "we don't need your opinion on everything."

dustin rolls his eyes, but keeps his mouth shut. i smile slightly.

"i'm dividing you up in teams by gym number. when i call your number, go to the side i point to."

she rattles off a list of numbers, and mike and i's come in the middle. we're on the same team. too bad it's  for something as stupid as basketball.

i hate this game so much.

mike runs over to me and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"hey, el, i really think you should sit out this class. you look really pale." mike says, the worry in his eyes growing.

"no," i say, shooing him away. "i'll be f-"

the room starts to spin. i feel mike's hands under my armpits.

"yeah, you're sitting out," i hear mike say.

i feel a pair of arms guide me to the bleachers, and i sit down, putting a hand to my head.

well, at least i don't have to play basketball.

"starting positions! one, two, three!"

mrs. baker blows her whistle and the game begins, but i'm hardly paying attention. it's a quick, ten minute gym game anyway, so what's the use?

i notice that my friends are stumbling behind the others, and i giggle slightly. sports and AV club members just don't mix well.

the game goes on, and i'm considering laying down. the feeling in my stomach is getting worse by the minute, and my head pain has grown to a steady stabbing feeling on my right temple and behind my left eye.

i put my head in my hands, and close my eyes.

"great job, mikey!"

i snap my head up fast at the feminine voice. immediately, my eyes narrow down and my head fills with hot irritation.

the frilly, high pitches voice that could only belong to the one and only, veronica adams. the most popular girl in school.

i disliked veronica for a number of reasons. first of all, she's been mean to dustin, lucas, and will since i started coming to school. i hate it when people pick on my friends.

she's also had eyes on mike since i started coming to school.

he maybe an AV club "nerd," but he's an attractive one. she thinks he's cute, and it makes my blood boil.

mike nods his head at her and barely gives a look towards her direction. she frowns.

i smirk.

the game continues, a minute to spare. at this point, i've gotten my algebra homework out of my backpack and begin to work out problems that are due tomorrow. looking at them make the pounding in my head increase, but it's better than watching this game.

"three! two! one!"

the score board buzzer goes off, and i close my eyes. the sound makes me dizzy. i hear cheering on the right side of the room.

mike's team won. i smile.

i begin to put my algebra homework back in my  backpack.

"you played so well today, mike."

i hear that voice. that one particular voice.

i snap my head up for the second time, and the sight makes my ears turn red and my face scrunch.

veronica adams, standing in the middle of the gym, next to mike, my mike, her arms placed around his neck.

i will not stand for this.

"yeah, thanks," mike says, not looking at her as he tries to shrug her arms off.

she smiles.

"what if i give you something to, you know, celebrate the win?" she says, moving a hand from his neck to twirl a lock of her long, platinum blonde hair that falls over her shoulders in a high ponytail.

"what does that m-"

she starts to lean into his lips.

no.

my eyes harden, and my body stiffens, and i look her directly in the eye.

i close my eyes.

i hear a banging noise.

i slightly open my eyes, dragging my hands down over them.

i turn to the right, slightly, and look towards the middle of the gym again.

mike stares at me, his eyes wide and his gaze cold.

"el!" he whisper-shouts. "no!"

i'm confused.

i turn to the gym doors, and open my eyes completely.

the entire class is facing towards the girl sprawled on the gym door.

oh.

veronica leans against the wooden door, eyes wide and teary-eyed, holding her head.

looks i threw her back.

oops.

mike comes storming at me, and stops in front of me, grabbing my wrist and pulling me up.

"let's go," he says through clenched teeth.

he releases my wrist and stalks off towards the double gym doors, opening one and walking out, leaving veronica to be in pain leaning against the other.

i quickly pick up my backpack and rush out behind him. i walk down the stairs and out the school front doors to the bike rack.

mike says nothing to me as i climb on the back of his bike, placing my hands around his waist.

he picks up a steady pedal, and we begin to head home.

i'm nervous. mike seemed mad.

but i do have to admit, i'm not sorry.

<>

we walk through the wheeler house doors, and put our backpacks down by the entrance. my stabbing head pain has dulled to a small throb, but it still hurts.

i turn to mike and look at him. his eyes meet mine for a second.

"mike, i-"

he grabs ahold of my wrist again, and starts to drag me towards the basement.

his feet thunder down the stairs, followed by my own. we get down to the basement, and i plop down on the couch, crossing my legs in my lap.

mike turns to me.

"do you have any sense?" he spits the question at me, like it's rattlesnake poison.

i bite my lip.

"mike i'm s-"

"sorry? you're sorry? mike starts. "sorry doesn't cut it, eleven! she could have died! and all because she was about to kiss me? bullshit! i could've pulled her off myself!"

the pounding in my head begins to intensify, and my eyes start to cloud up.

"i just-" i start.

"you just what? got jealous? do you have a brain inside that skull? she. could. have. died. you didn't see how hard she hit her head on that door! she definitely has a minor concussion if not worse! jesus christ, el, think!"

mike never yells at me. i bite my lip harder, tasting blood.

i slowly get up front the couch and walk towards him.

"mike, i-i'm really sorry."

i put my arms around him.

"get off!" he says, pushing me back hard.

i fall to the ground fast and hit my head on the edge of the dungeons and dragons table.

i grab my head. i feel a flashback making it's way into my skull.

no. i need to get out before it gets to full effect. oh god, my head hurts.

i burst into tears. i push up from the floor, and move mike out of the way. i run upstairs and shut the door to mike's room.

i run into the closet, and close the doors, crying into my hands.

i really didn't mean to throw veronica, i just got jealous.

i feel like i may vomit. my head pounds, my stomach feels like i'm on a roller coaster, my hands shake violently.

now i'm sorry.

i hear a doorknob twist open.

i realize now that i'm in mike's room instead of my own. great.

"el?" mike calls out, his voice sounding strained.

i try to muffle my sobs.

i hear footsteps approach the closet, and the doorknob turns open.

great.

mike stands in front of me, tears falling down his face, his cheeks and nose red. he reaches his hand out to me, and i reluctantly take it.

he pulls me up from my feet and into his arms, his hand making it's way to my head. i flick as he makes content with the part i fell back on, the area is still tender.

"i can't believe i just pushed you like that," mike says, his voice cracking.

the sound of him sad makes my heart drop. i wrap my arms around his waist.

"i'm sorry, el," he cries. "i'm so sorry. the only reason i acted out like that was because i was scared that is something happened to veronica, they would take you away again. i'll never, ever, ever cause you physical harm again. i'm just afraid of losing you. i can't lose you. i'm sorry, love. please, please forgive me."

i curl my fingers into his back as he pulls me tighter to his chest.

"it's okay, mike," i say. "i forgive you."

mike pulls away from me, and i frown.

that is, until he places a soft, sweet kiss against my lips.

he pulls away.

"i will never do anything like that again. ever," mike assures me. "i promise."

i smile at our shared word.

"a promise is something you can't break," i say. "ever."

mike pulls me towards him again.

"and i promise to love you unconditionally and to never throw harm in your way. and that's a promise i won't break. ever."

and i knew he would keep that promise. forever.

lame ending, sorry.

i'm updating diary later this week, and requests are still open for this book. sorry it's taking a bit to publish, school started up again and i have a shit ton of work. i love you all, thanks for near 7k reads. don't forget to check out diary if you like fillie stories.
also, ashlynbake1017 helped me with the names for the gym teacher and the popular girl.

have a great day, loves. <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.6K 2.8K 30
in which, he tells her about his love life only for her to fall hopelessly in love with someone she can't have ©️kennedy 2019
71K 1.4K 20
oneshots for mike and eleven. [ mileven ] © -stillpretty, 2018. NOVEMEBER 2020 UPDATE: i wrote most of these when i was 13 years old. the first fe...
313K 6.1K 106
Millie imagines 🙃
180K 2.1K 40
Mike and El Oneshots from Netflix 'Stranger Things'. Fluff and spice🌶 Best Ranking: No.1 in #mileven No.1 in #milevenoneshots Started 25/7/19 Comple...