Time Will Tell

Von danilynn87

This story takes place five years after season 6 ended (let's pretend season 7 doesn't exist). Henry is away... Mehr

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Epilogue

Chapter Seventeen

3.7K 199 34
Von danilynn87

Regina watches through a hazy tunnel vision as Emma bursts out the door, and her heart is pleading with her to follow the love of her life, but she knows Emma and what she needs at the moment is space to clear her head and process the new information. So, Regina takes a deep breath and turns her attention to Hook, scrutinizing as his face drowns in fear while David yells at him, but Charming's words are not coming in clear to her. And frankly, she doesn't give a damn what he's saying, so she speaks over him.

"You knew?" She breathlessly gasps at first, trying to find her voice again. "My mother put you up to this?" She interrogates, her anger festering inside and firming up her tone. "You're such an idiot to trust anything my mother had to offer," she seethes, her upper lip twisting in disgust as she glares at him like the spineless pirate he is.

"Don't turn this all around on me, Your Majesty! You're just as much to blame!" Killian's voice explodes through the room, vibrating off the walls and encouraging Regina's feet to stomp closer.

She maliciously invades his personal space, she maybe at a disadvantage in height, but she is not the least bit intimated. She snarls, like a dog ready to attack anything that attempts to steal its bone away as she holds his gaze.

"I was trying to protect her," she states with conviction. "I refused to control her life like everyone in the Enchanted Forest did to me. I was letting her set her own path, choose her own destiny." She steps closer, her nose ghosting beneath his. "You were just some scumbag sent to play with her emotions, to lead her on and use her for your own pathetic revenge!" She bellows, livid as she glares at this pathetic excuse for a man.

The room is eerily silent, not one person muttering a single word as they all stand perfectly still, listening to Emma's lovers argue over who was right or wrong in the past.

"I love her!" Hook shouts and maybe it's his breath against her face or maybe it's because the thought of someone else loving Emma's makes her physically sick, but her skin crawls in disgust.

"She's too good for you, mate," she sardonically fires back.

"At least I wasn't a coward. I fought for her every day and proved to her that I wasn't just another villain. I proved my love for her."

"Proved your love?" Regina humorlessly chuckles. "Or obsessively stalked and forced yourself upon her after she explicitly told you to back off?" She yells right back in his face, provoking David to step between them before she scratches his eyes right out.

"Alright, let's just calm down here for a minute," he commands, his hand maybe slipping and shoving Killian back with a little extra force than necessary.

"We have all made mistakes here and we are all going to have to make it up to Emma, but it's up to her now. Whatever she decides, we all need to respect her decision," Snow calmly advises, even though she's trembling in fear of losing her daughter once again.

"I can't believe I ever suggested that she dates you," Henry grumbles under his breath in disbelief, his eyes burning with hate toward his stepfather.

"Henry, why don't you go get some ice for your hand before your knuckles swell," Regina recommends, smugly smirking at the purple hue slowly blossoming against Hook's jawline.

"I'm fine, mom."

"Henry-" she's unexpectedly cut off by Hook's phone rigging in his pocket.

All eyes are on him, observing him closely as he reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out his phone. He doesn't bother checking the name, assuming it's his wife upset and needing his support and comfort. Except Granny's familiar tone is screeching through the line for everyone to identify.

"Granny?" His dumbfounded voice inquires. "Yes...okay thank you. Right, I'll be right there," Hook solemnly says before hanging up the phone and stuffing it back into his jacket.

Snow is quick to latch onto his arm with worry filling her eyes as she meets his gaze. "Is everything alright? Is Emma okay?"

"Aye, she is just indulging a little too much and Granny said she won't stop," he explains with his best fake smile set into place.

"I'll go," Regina sternly announces. "You guys stay here," she orders, her heels already stomping toward the door.

"No, I'm her husband, I'm going," Hook argues, but enough is enough, she's not going to allow him to steal Emma's attention any longer.

It's her time to prove her love. 

"Yeah, well I'm her true love and she forgave me a hell of a lot quicker than she forgave the rest of you," she snottily replies and with that she slams the door and makes her way to Granny's.

~~~~~

As she pulls up in front of the diner, she spots the little yellow bug that she has grown to love over the years, just patiently waiting for its owner. Just seeing that junk of metal inspires her heart to sprout wings and flutter a little faster. She parks her Benz behind the bug, effectively blocking the car in case Emma's stubborn attitude tries to fight her about driving home this evening.

Her body is buzzing with all types of nervous energy, unsure what mood she is going to find the savior in as she rushes inside. She doesn't have to scan the restaurant because those vibrant golden waves are immediately drawing her in like a moth to a flame. Emma is hunched over the counter, her face hidden behind her curtain of long tresses while Granny glares at the blonde with her arms folded over her chest.

Regina sighs, sauntering up to the spot next to Emma before she lightly swats the strong bicep with the back of her hand. "Let's go, Swan," she strictly, but quietly commands.

"Oh, it's Swan now," Emma humorlessly chuckles, "when earlier you were saying Emma when my tongue was shoved down your throat!" Brown eyes widen in horror as she feels the heat of mortification spread across her cheeks. Her eyes dart toward Granny to find the older woman staring back at her with her eyebrows raised high and a puzzling look upon her face. "I'm not going anywhere," Emma grumbles, glaring into her glass of whiskey, "and I thought I told you not to call her," she accusingly reprimands the older woman, wagging her finger across the counter at Granny.

The older woman snatches up Emma's finger and leans forward, like a mother ready to scold her child. "I didn't call her, I called your husband. And don't you dare get sassy with me young lady!" Granny reprimands, shoving Emma's finger away and causing the intoxicated blonde to sway on her stool.

"Ugh! Husband, that's even worse," Emma grumbles in disgust, rolling her eyes dramatically.

Regina exhales, slowly sliding onto the stool next to Emma because she knows this woman is just as stubborn as she is, if not more, so it is going to take some convincing on her part to persuade her into leaving the diner.

"Oh, hey guys look! It's the woman who pretends to hate me, but secretly wants to get in my pants!" Emma sarcastically announces, smirking in Regina's direction before her droopy eyes crawl toward Granny. "Two shots, please," she slurs, holding up her fingers in case her tongue isn't relaying the message properly.

"I think you've had enough, Emma," Granny firmly declares.

"Nope, I will tell you when I've had enough. I am the sheriff in this town. Besides Madam Mayor needs to get on my level."

"First of all, you are not the sheriff of this town anymore. Second, I am not getting anywhere near your level. I'm here to drive you home," she calmly explains even though her entire body is agitated and incredibly embarrassed by the situation.

"I'm not going to that apartment with Captain Hook. Or to the house with Snow White and Prince Charming," Emma growls, before something unknown to Regina flashes across the blonde's mind and she snickers to herself.

"Well, you know you are welcome to stay at my house. You can sleep in the guest bedroom," she kindly offers.

"Why the guest bedroom? Scared the Evil Queen might want to come out to play if I'm in your bed," she muses, winking in an exaggerated manner and Regina can't possibly suppress her little smirk.

She shifts awkwardly upon her stool as a rush of excitement floods her core and she decides it's best not to comment. She's never seen Emma drunk before and this is a whole new Savior. She's open, honest, unguarded with no filter. It's slightly amusing, yet terrifying at the same time because she has no idea what is about to tumble so recklessly from that big mouth of hers.

Granny roughly slams down two shots before them, breaking through the tension and yet, adding her own mix of tangible energy as well. Emma's hand slowly stretches out, but Regina is much faster and quickly steals both shot glasses. Without truly comprehending her actions, Regina tosses one back, and hardly swallows before she is slamming the other to make sure Emma doesn't consume anymore alcohol. She winces, struggling to hold back her shudder as the alcohol slides down her throat, burning a fiery path through her throat before the liquid scatters throughout her chest. And of course, Emma breaks out into a fit of uncontrollable giggles, most likely from the grimace upon Regina's face.

"Can we please leave now?" Regina gently asks, but her tone comes off more of a whine.

"Fine, but I'm still mad at you!"

"I know," she solemnly whispers, her gaze dropping to the floor before she slides off her stool.

She examines Emma as her inebriated brain tries to master the skill of standing up, but stumbles clumsily off her stool. Brown eyes roll as Regina slaps down some cash, hoping the amount will be adequate enough for Granny before she scurries to follow the drunk blonde staggering outside.

"Are you sure I'm the one that's drunk?" Emma teasingly inquires as Regina rushes down the diner's front steps. "Look at your park job, Gina," she proceeds with her rambling, slurring and expressing just how intoxicated she is while her hands gesture toward Regina's car.

"Gina?" She breathlessly gasps as a wave of déjà vu washes over her and she realizes why she is so fond of that nickname.

She's not sure anymore how long it's been since they were two young girls, running around the Enchanted Forest, and Emma only ever knew her as Gina.

"Sorry, RE-gina," Emma mocks, laughing out loud  to nobody but herself because Regina is still trying to catch her bearings from the old memories and she won't ever admit how much she truly loves the nickname. She shakes away those beautiful thoughts and yanks open the passenger door, signaling for the drunk to climb in. Emma bows her head and in her most serious tone, she says, "Thanks m'lady! Such a gentleman."

"Get in, Swan!" She exasperates.

The intoxicated Savior flops inside the car in a very uncoordinated manner before Regina slams the door behind her. She rushes around the front of the car, watching as Emma struggles to tug her phone from her coat pocket. By the time Regina falls into her side, she discovers the blonde hovering over her phone, all wide-eyed and hopelessly trying to focus as her fingers move uncharacteristically slow against the screen.

"What are-"

"Sssssshhhhh! I'm going to play you a song," she very seriously states, her eyes still trying to focus on the bright light in front of her.

Regina shakes her head in frustration and starts the engine, not wanting to argue with someone so inebriated. In all honesty though, she is curious what song Emma has in mind to play for her. She pulls away from Granny's, peeking out of her peripheral as Emma cranks up the volume on her phone to its highest potential and then...she sings. Actually sings.

Regina's jaw falls open when she hears the softest voice whispering the words and she's a little baffled how angelic Emma's voice sounds, nothing like her normal tone. Emma steals one of Regina's hands from the steering wheel and shifts to offer her undivided attention.

"The day we met, frozen I held my breath. Right from the start, I knew that I've found a home for my heart." Emma sings beautifully, clutching her chest in a dramatic way, but Regina is quick to rip her hand from the woman's grip.

"You're an idiot," she deadpans.

"An idiot you loved...for a thousand years! I'll love you for a thousand more!" She continues to sing, but then stops herself. "Even though, you're the one that's loved me for like a thousand years, but I know you'll, love me for a thousand more!" She finishes off in a burst of song like she's in a damn musical and it takes everything in Regina not to laugh at this ecstatic side of the very serious Savior.

She bites down on the corner of her lip, hopelessly attempting to hold back the smile that is slowly spreading deep into her cheeks. Suddenly, Emma is leaning across the center console, her fingertips digging into Regina's thigh while she tries to gaze so passionately into her warm brown eyes.

"...Beauty and all she is. I will be brave. I will not let anything take away, what's standing in front of me. Every breath, every hour has come to this!"

"You're going to hate yourself tomorrow," Regina smugly replies, her eyes flicking to dancing emeralds before she redirects her attention back to the road.

"Sing, Gina!" Regina purses her lips, vehemently shaking her head while biting back her laughter as Emma carelessly proceeds. "I have died every day waiting for you...remember all the times we almost died trying to save one another?"

Regina simply nods in response.

"All along I believed I would find you. Time has brought your heart to me."

Regina catches a glimpse as Emma sings dramatically, like she is putting on a Broadway show. Those loving facial expressions, her exaggerated hand motions, the twinkle in her eye, it all reminds Regina of the young, carefree, Princess Emma from all those years ago. Every version of Emma somehow always manages to melt her frozen heart and she thinks that maybe, she just fell in love with her all over again.

Careful not to jostle Emma around, she slowly rolls her car up the driveway and places the Benz in park and she's so relieved Emma can hold her alcohol and it didn't end up all over her car.

"I'll love you for a thousand more." Emma softly sings as the song comes to an end.

On the last note, Emma takes Regina by surprise, delicately pressing her lips against the mayor's parted mouth. For someone who is so intoxicated, Regina is expecting a sloppy and rough kiss, but this is far from it. It's soft, tender and full of love and Regina is flooded with the overwhelming sensation of kissing her True Love once again.

She kisses her back, but slowly, trying to soak up every second of the glorious moment. She allows her lips to drag carefully against that pale pout, remembering quite vividly how they always washed away her worries. She inhales sharply, vowing to memorize this moment, because she hasn't a clue what sober Emma will bring tomorrow.

Very carefully, she breaks apart the kiss, both smiling wildly at one another.

"Let's get you home, Madam Mayor."

Regina rolls her eyes at the formal name, but a small chuckle slips passed her lips.

By the time she is able to help the stumbling blonde up to her room, Emma is already falling asleep. With all the love she has, Regina sits Emma down on her bed and unties her boot before moving to slip off her jacket. She gently removes the skin tight jeans, knowing Emma will be miserable sleeping in them and as soon as that denim is off, Emma crawls under the duvet and cuddles into a ball.

Regina carries on with her nightly routine, careful to be extra quiet as she sneaks into her bathroom to wash up and brush her teeth. When she returns, Emma is fast asleep and she cannot stop the smile inching across her face.

She climbs into the bed next to Emma and watches in fascination as the woman she has loved for too many years to count, finally sleeps beside her. She leans forward, placing a small kiss against her forehead and lingers for a moment, whispering against the warm skin, "I'll love you for a thousand more."

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

57.4K 1.8K 17
After eight years of not seeing her past lover, Emma is asked a favor by Regina. The woman wants her to pretend to be her wife for a week and Emma ag...
26.9K 1.8K 11
AU Where Regina Mills is a young Princess and Emma Swan is the evil Queen. Zelena wasn't given away by Cora, she and Regina are very close. What will...
49.1K 1.8K 29
Emma and Regina both struggle separately with their lives as divorcees. *This is a SwanQueen fanfiction *Somewhat slow burn *You don't need to have w...
105K 5K 43
Set after 3x11 Going Home, after Pan's curse hits. This fic ignores ANYTHING that comes after this episode. What if everyone hadn't met Zelena in th...