The Hero Of Hyrule

Από KarkatVantabulous

Link did all he had to do. He defeated Calamity Ganon he activated and completed all the shrines. He was done... Περισσότερα

The End of the Silent Princess
An Encounter with the Zora
The Champions and their Divine Beasts: Part I
The Champions and Their Divine Beasts: Part II
Link Faces A Possible Mental Breakdown
Link's Prayers
Sidon Accompanies Link
Rain
Journey Across Hyrule
Hyrule Castle
Zelda's Diary
Preparations for the Ceremony
The New King of Hyrule
Advice from Dorephan
Temporary Answer To A Confusing Problem
Hyrule Historia: Part II
Hyrule Historia: Part III
Hyrule Historia: Part IIII
New Zora Traditions
Confession
Visions
Engagement
Visions: Hylian Edition
Wedding
After Story: New Additions to the Family

Hyrule Historia: Part I

2.2K 81 59
Από KarkatVantabulous

"It would be wise to return to the castle before the sun sets." Sidon spoke quietly, opening an eye to glance over at Link. The two of them were spending a relaxing afternoon on the grassy field just south of the castle. The view was nice and the weather was wonderful. Link had brought along two of his horses to get some time to stretch their legs. The King of Hyrule was sitting on a tree, attempting to get a little nap but he hasn't managed to fall asleep.

Link sighed rather loudly and nodded. Glancing over at Hyrule castle with a dissatisfied expression, he jumped down from the tree and begrudgingly headed towards Sidon. Both of them had been avoiding going to the secret library Dorephan had mentioned to Link. Link avoided it because he didn't want to learn anything from his bloodline's past that may upset him. Sidon avoided it because he didn't want to learn anything from Link's past that would upset him. However the two of them knew they couldn't tiptoe around it forever. Besides, Link had done one rather exhausting task and it might be nice to unwind in the library for hours.

What was the task? Link had to track down Beedle and convince him to set his on-the-go shop aside just long enough to map out the safest areas of Hyrule for a merchant to travel to. Now this may seem like something easy, Beedle must've surely accepted this job in a heartbeat! He did not. Beedle had to be convinced by Link, not in rupees, but in beetles. It was quite amusing really. Half the roaming merchants got to see their King wear the Sheikah armor and crawl around on the ground silently to try to grab the rarest of beetles.

Sidon and Link walked side by side. Link kept his sword out just in case. There was a very small chance of any monster or Yiga Clan member attacking but he had to be safe. Especially with Sidon around.

"You're quite adorable you know- when you're in what I like to call "protective mode."" Link's marching-like walk faltered as he looked up at Sidon with a look of confusion and slight embarrassment. "Don't take a offense by it! It's a compliment! You see, I've noticed when you're prepared to fight your ears tend to twitch back, mimicking a cat's ears or a dogs! You also have a habit of speeding up only to pause and stand there with the sword in your hand. Like I said, it's quite adorable." Link blinked and suddenly it was as if awkwardness had consumed him. He raised his hands up, and began signing his response. However his slight confusion and embarrassment intermingled with his tendency to be a bit too blunt and he embarrassed himself, and Sidon, more than he realized.

"I think you're adorable when you're looking at me and you think I don't notice." The Zora prince's eyes widened and he quickly looked straight ahead, clearing his threat.

"R-Right well. Shall we...er...discuss what we should be looking for the in library? Is there anything specific we should seek out first? We don't want to walk in blindly." Sidon asked quickly and awkwardly. Link didn't seem to notice the very obviously surprised and embarrassed Zora so he simply shrugged and responded normally.

"I suppose we start at the beginning, whatever that may be." Sidon nodded and the two walked in silence.

~

One characteristic of Link's that Sidon had the honor of remembering was the fact that he was extremely impatient. The King of Hyrule just slammed down the third book he had opened and was currently laying on the floor groaning in annoyance. The King then tossed a small pebble a foot away from Sidon to get the Zora's attention.

"This is impossible." Link signed to his friend, "I can't find one that could tell of the beginnings of Hyrule or anything of significance."

"Patience, your highness." Sidon closed the book in his hands that detailed Hyrule Castle's older designs. Nothing too important but still interesting. "The books are old and there are many of them, one will be the one you're looking for. You just need to have the patience for it." Link rolled his eyes at that, crossing his arms as well. "I understand you're used to getting things when you want them what with you having control over your own life but these things take time." The Hylian somewhat annoyed face fell just a bit at the realization that Sidon was right. "I'll go fetch a cook to make us something to eat while we're in here. I know how much a good meal means to you." Link thanked Sidon, even offering him a half smile, just as Sidon stood up and ventured out into the castle.

Now, he was alone. And feeling guilty. He really didn't deserve Sidon, all the Zora Prince did was give Link his constant affection and confidence and all Link did was whine and complain. He couldn't even find the one book they were looking for after hours upon hours of looking. He really was feeling hopeless. He could figure out complex puzzles created by the Monks in the shrines and solve difficult riddles that were made by old pirates trying to hide their treasure but he couldn't find a book. Why were the Goddesses mocking him?

As if on cue, a soft golden glow emerged from a book on a bookcase hidden away in the corner. Link blinked and quickly got to his feet and scrambled to the book. It was still glowing as he took it in his hands but the light died down when he opened it.

It was, obviously, an old book. The cover looked like it had been dragged across Hyrule a good couple times and it just smelled old. The gold lettering on the cover was peeling, as was the famous Hyrule symbol of the Triforce with the bird-type figure, but he could still make out the words "THE BEGINNINGS OF HYRULE AND THE LEGENDS OF SKYLOFT". The King grinned and silently thanked the Goddesses as he returned to his previous spot and began reading.

"Since the very beginning, Hyrule has always been a prosperous place. Though before it even took the name Hyrule, it was considered the strongest in all the land." Link sighed, skipping a few pages ahead. He didn't want to read about how Hyrule was so great even before it was Hyrule. Once he found a page that seemed interesting, he stopped and resumed reading.

 "The Goddess Hylia gathered a number of people, placing them on the tops of mountains and sending those mountain tops high into the sky. That land was named Skyloft and served as a safe haven or temporary home for the citizens while a war took place down below. However Skyloft soon became a permanent home due to the destruction of the land below. As Hylia led an army of soldiers against the Demon King's army, it has been said that a prisoner was released in order to help the cause. The prisoner was wrongly put away, chained by the wrists deep in the dungeons of an old castle, for prophesying the war and rise of Demise. He, however held no ill will once the soldiers asked for his aid and was determined to fight for the land he so loved.  The war was fought valiantly and in the end, Demise was banished and all was at peace, however the land below Skyloft was destroyed. Not much has been recorded about the hero who took place on the red Loftwing, bird of the Goddess and part of Hyrule's official symbol, other than his name. Link, the Hero of the land of Hylia."  

Link promptly shut the book, placed it on the floor and and held his head in his hands. At that moment, Sidon returned from his mini-trip through the castle to find a cook. The Zora paused in the too-short doorway and tilted his head upon seeing Link in such a...scared looking position. He then noticed a book by his friend's feet and put two and two together.

"Link," Sidon awkwardly sat down next to the King, "Perhaps this is enough reading for one day. I do not wish for you to be too overwhelmed with-" The Hylian suddenly slammed his fist down on the rocky floor and shook his head vigorously. 

"No," He signed with one hand, "I need to keep going. I just need you to continue reading for me." The look in Link's eyes told Sidon not to argue with him. In fact that look told him if he didn't continue reading soon Sidon would witness something he may never forget. For a second Sidon was admittedly scared of his small friend, for a second that fear was there. It vanished as quick as it had appeared once Sidon remembered that Link would never do anything to hurt anyone who didn't pose a threat. In fact, the slight anger may have just been aimed towards himself and not Sidon.

"As you wish," Sidon cupped Link's cheek in one gigantic hand and smiled softly, "however do not hesitate to ask me to stop if things get too much for you. I understand." Just like that the anger vanished and Link looked as expressionless as ever. He nodded and slumped against Sidon, signing a quick apology for acting so rudely. Sidon felt slightly relieved and slightly concerned, however this wasn't a time to address anything. He had to read the book as promised. Once Link pointed out where to begin, the Zora cleared his throat and began.

"Much of Link has been kept from us. No one knows of his life before he was imprisoned and no one knows of any family, and sadly no one knows where his body was left after he met his death once winning the war. It has been said that the Goddess Hylia had placed both a blessing and a curse on the brave hero before she went on to live through a mortal. Using the magic she had hidden away with her people, she used Link's courageous spirit to awaken the power in the Master Sword. So to speak, Link never truly died as his spirit is the Master Sword itself. The Master Sword also houses Fi, the Spirit of the Sword, and Demise, the Demon King who had cursed both Link and the young girl Zelda who doubled as Hylia's mortal form to be haunted by his reincarnated rage." Sidon paused for a moment to turn the page. his hands were shaking just a bit. Now he understood why Link was acting the way he was.

"The second thing Hylia had done to the Hero was give him the gift of eternal life. Again, using the magic she had entrusted with her people, she made it so the Hero could be reborn time and time again to defend the land he loved and defend his people. He was to be reborn no matter the outcome of the war and no matter the decisions he made. With this, the new hero was reborn having to recollection of his past life or any sort of interaction with the Goddess Hylia. Without these he was still the hero and a knight in training. He and Zelda, said to be a childhood friend of his, had been whisked away down to the Surface which had been left a monster-ridden waste land once the war with Demise was over. Much of what happened on the Surface is unknown. However from the little that has been told, a self-proclaimed Demon Lord had begun execution of his plan to revive the Demon King Demise. Demise never was revived in the sense that he wanted. Once Demise was sure to never return, both Zelda and Link returned to Skyloft before once again making their way back down to the Surface to protect the Triforce and establishing the Kingdom of Hyrule."

"The Hero of Hyrule's next incarnation is yet to be revealed. The current oracles have had no sign of the next hero's return other than a small, blue instrument. No set date and no set threat has been revealed much to our relief-" Link rested a hand on the book and pushed it down slightly. Sidon nodded and closed it.

"It's amazing, isn't it?" Link's hands were slow with the words as if he had chains on his wrists. 

"What is?" Sidon looked down worriedly. The King sighed and leaned against the Zora more, finding comfort in him.

"The fact that I can never die, even if I die. I have...I am essential. I cannot die. I cannot...I cannot catch a break. I cannot...I am needed. Now and forever. I am...Hyrule's weapon." Looking down at his hands, Link frowned slightly. "My ancestor...I died for this kingdom and I am cursed to relive the anguish of battle and the pain of possible failure." 

"Do not think that way." Sidon slammed the book shut and the sound echoed through the stairway that led back up into the castle. "This curse is something horrible, yes, but I believe the Goddess did not intend to make you suffer purposely! You must think of this reincarnation as a trait of the Gods." Link raised an eyebrow, clearly not understanding the meaning behind what Sidon had said. "Listen, my dear. You are clearly one powerful soul. You have fought for centuries, even if it technically wasn't you, against the forces of evil! You have become a living legend! You have been entrusted with the Goddesses with their beloved land in more than one way. You are a strong and courageous person. Not in the sense of physical fitness and in how brave you are in the face of Ganon but in the sense that you and your past selves have been through much turmoil and yet you still choose to fight for what you believe to be right!"

"I have held many of my feelings towards you back, in all honesty. However I now know this is a time to share my true emotions! Link, I admire you. You are the bravest soul I have ever met. With no recollection of your life one hundred years ago you still freed the Champions and defeated the Calamity. With no real memory of yourself you still put yourself aside and decided to claim the crown and rule this kingdom. You have saved me countless times on our adventures and you have been an excellent friend to all. Often times you believe that you have failed us all and that you hold no relevance now that everything has been said and done, however that is not true. Even if all of Hyrule agrees that you have used up your usefulness, which will never happen, I will always be there for you. You are my most treasured friend and I cannot begin to explain how much I value you!"

Link's face was warm and his eyes were wide. He didn't know if the blushing was from the the amount of compliments Sidon just showered him with or with or maybe it was the fact that Sidon was clasping Link's hands tightly in his own and his face was about two inches away.

"You will always hold a very special place in my heart, Link. Everything you've accomplished makes me unbelievably proud and every little thing you do brings great joy to my heart. It pains me to see you be so hard upon yourself and while I disagree with the way you think yourself to be, I will fight until you see yourself the way I see you. Link, I hold no shame in saying that I do love you."

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

31K 523 31
Leading up to the events of Breath of the Wild, explore the past of King Rhoam, Link, and Zelda as they prepare for the eventual return of Calamity G...
3K 121 19
Hyrule has been restored to a blissful state, but danger lurks between the shadows. Of wanting bloodshed strewn across Hyrule. Will the Queen of Hyru...
463 12 3
"....How? ....How did it come to this? The Divine Beasts... the Guardians.... they've all turned against us. It was... Calamity Ganon. It turned them...
53K 1.8K 39
After being forced back together after an unanticipated attack on Hyrule Castle, Link and Zelda thought that the torment was finally over. However, w...