A Twist of Fate (1D series...

Od JossieLeia

Jo Andrews Sam was your typical average high school girl. There was nothing pretty about her. Nothing excitin... Více

A Twist of Fate
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Prologue
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ One
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Two
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Three
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Four
*Author's Note ~ 1D world tour's venues request ~ * CLOSED
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Five
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Six
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Seven
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Eight
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Nine
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Ten
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Eleven
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twelve
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Fourteen
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Fifteen
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Sixteen
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Seventeen
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Eighteen
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Nineteen
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-one
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-two
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-three
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-four
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-five
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-six
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-seven
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-eight
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-nine
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪Thirty
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-one
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-two
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-three
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-four
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-five
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-six
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-seven
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-eight
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-nine
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Forty
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Forty-one
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Forty-two
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Epilogue

A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirteen

69.3K 318 57
Od JossieLeia

The greatest lovers are like twin blooms, each reflecting the passion and the glory of the other. ~Jonathan Lockwood Huie

♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪  ♫   ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪

2012 © All rights reserved

A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirteen

“You’re late!” Niall greeted me as I joined them for breakfast.

Louis and Liam were busy attacking each other’s sunny-side-ups, making a mess on the table.

“What are the two of you doing?” I asked, disgusted.

“What do we look like we’re doing?” Louis grinned.

“Just go get another egg. Why attack each other’s?” I asked.

“It’s more fun this way,” Louis answered before Liam surrendered pushing the mess to Louis.

“You can have it all,” Liam declared as he stood up. “I’m taking Jo’s suggestion. Take another egg.”

Louis pouted, “That’s it?”

“That’s it,” Liam said firmly.

I shook my head, “I can’t believe you are the oldest of the lot.”

Louis grinned back at me, “Come on, cheer up!”

“Where’s Harry and Zayn?” I asked, noticing that both of them were not at the table.

Niall responded, “Zayn’s skipping breakfast and Harry’s still not up yet.”

“They are the laziest of the gang,” Liam said as he returned to his seat, keeping his plate an arm’s length away from Louis. “Put them together, you’ll probably not see them till noon.”

“So,” Louis prodded his head nearer to me, across the table. “Tell us the juicy news.”

“What?” I asked, confused. Zayn can’t have told them…

“Harry asked you out on a date, didn’t he?”

“Oh,” A sigh of relief washed over me. “Ya.”

“So?”

“So what?”

“Where are you guys going?” Liam asked in between his mouthful of food.

“No idea,” I answered truthfully.

“I better go wake that guy,” Niall said as he stood up to leave the table. “Wouldn’t want him to be late for his date.” He gave me a wink.

“Why is Zayn skipping breakfast?” I asked casually.

Louis shrugged, “No idea. Maybe he’s not even up yet. That guy can sleep through a tornado.”

I laughed.

Zayn and I had a late night. But I didn’t have to tell them that, of course. Else, the story would have no ending.

After that breath-taking kiss we shared the night before, Zayn escorted me back to the room. We didn’t speak much. He just held my hand until I reached my room before he planted a light kiss on my forehead just like before.

I don’t know how we should go from here – how Zayn would take it from here.

I spent half of the night on the phone with Val before she finally caved in to sleep and left me alone. We both agreed that Zayn and I needed to talk. But before that, I should make a clear cut with Harry. She was right. Harry was a nice guy so it would not be good to drag him into this- whatever might happen between Zayn and me.

And now, it was official.

My first kiss had been given to Zayn Malik – one of the heartthrobs of One Direction.

It was nothing overwhelming as in nerves wrecking; fireworks exploding or desire overflowing. Val had made me described the kiss.

It was a soft tender kiss, perhaps more like a peck to Val. But I could feel a deep sense of love – not the desiring lust or passion; just pure simple love. If I could count it, it was probably over in five seconds. Val was actually disappointed that there were no tongues involved. The very thought actually turns me off. I mean, isn’t it disgusting that you try to lick each other’s tongues? Oh gross! She laughed at my innocence and challenged me to try it next time.

I was happy just being in his arms. His mere touch sent tingles down my very spine. His very presence sent my heart racing even faster than the Formula One. Kissing would probably be an additional bonus.

I saw Colin at the other table and excused myself to join him.

“Morning!”

He looked up and his face broke into a soft smile, “Morning.”

“Why do you always look so hostile?” I joked.

“Do I?” he mused.

“You looked like you’re ready to kill,” I told him.

He chuckled, “So where’s your two boyfriends?”

“Two boyfriends?”

“The one who likes you and the one whom you like,” he asked.

I blushed, “What are you talking about?”

“Aren’t you going on a date with Harry today?”

I looked at him with wide shot eyes. “How on earth do you know that?”

He shrugged with a laugh, “I’ve heard.”

I shook my head in wonder.

“And how did Zayn like your present?” he asked, lowering his voice a little.

I smiled, “He loved it. Thanks so much.”

“I take it that it is going well between both of you,” he teased. “Quite a lot of activity going on in your room in the night.”

I forgot that Colin always get assigned to my adjacent room. I narrowed my eyes, “Whatever are you thinking about?” I threw the napkin at him.

“Just becareful you don’t get burnt,” he warned. “And the offer still stands. If you need a listening ear, I’m just next door.”

I smiled in gratitude.

♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪  ♫   ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪

I laughed when I met up with Harry at the lobby.

Morning had been taken by sound checks and rehearsals. I had no chance to talk to Zayn and he did not seem to make any effort to cross eye-contact with me. Nobody suspected anything since he was usually quite quiet during rehearsals, anyway.

After we rushed back to the hotel, Harry had texted me to meet in at the lobby. We hoped to hit out into town before sunset.

He was dressed in a plain white tee and a pair of denim jeans. He hid his famous asset under a dull grey beanie and added a pair of black geeky specs. I couldn’t help myself from laughing – he was beyond recognition.

“Borrowed the specs from Zayn,” he informed me. “And beanie from Louis.”

“I think you’ll be fine,” I assured him.

“I think so too, since this is Paris and not England,” he agreed.

I raised an eyebrow.

“I can easily fake as a tourist here,” he explained before he took my hand.

Harry was by far, the tallest in the band. Zayn was half a head taller than me while Harry was easily a head taller. I felt like a dwarf standing next to him.

We took the same way into town just as how Colin and I did the day before – via the Metro. Looking at Harry sitting beside me in the Metro, I couldn’t help imaging how the boys like before they became famous.

Harry took me to a completely new place – the Pont de l’Alma where he bought us tickets for the famous Paris boat tour. He told me that one would not have being considered to have visited Paris if he had not gone on the boat tour.

The Seine River was a beautiful yet busy river with all the boats travelling up and down. Travelling on the boat tour, I was exposed to the marvellous landscape that lined alongside the river. Harry took me to the outdoor deck where we could sit under the open sky and enjoy the breath-taking views.

We passed under a couple of famous bridges which names were too complicated for me to catch. And of course, not forgetting all the famous monuments – Eiffel Tower, Orsay Museum, Grand Palais, French National Library, Notre Dame, Louvre, French Military of Finance, Academie francaise and Palais de Chaillot. It was a one-hour leisure ride but landed both of us freezing due to the cool breeze. We were laughing and teeth chattering as we disembarked from the boat, regretting not bringing a coat.

Harry then took me to a Parisian flea market at Porte de Clignancourt which was called Les Puces de Saint-Ouen as simply known to the locals as Les Puces. It actually covered seven hectares and I was told that it was one of the largest antique markets in the world since you could easily find over hundred thousands of visitors here every weekend.

I was not a person of antiques, but the collections available here was an eye opener for me. There were furniture and objects from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries; Asian and archaeological pieces; and even vintage clothing. I was so fascinated by the accessories that Harry insisted on buying one for me.

“How on earth did you find out about this place?” I asked in amazement as my head turned non-stop at the variety of shops available.

He grinned sheepishly, “I did a little research and got a little bit of help.”

“Help?” I asked curiously.

“I asked Colin,” he admitted.

No wonder Colin knew about my date with Harry!

Since it was summer, we did not have to worry about daylight hours. In fact, I lost track of time until I heard my stomach growling. And apparently, he heard it too.

He laughed, “Hungry?”

I nodded sheepishly. I checked my watch. It was past eight! No wonder I was famished.

“Let’s grab some food.” Hand in hand, we strolled along the streets in search for a reasonable looking restaurant.

We settled for a cosy French restaurant along the road. The dinner crowd was alarming and we had to queue for at least twenty minutes before we finally got a seat. Since I had no experience with French dining, I told Harry to make the decision. He ordered us a seafood platter and a plate of escargots. And thankfully, that was all. The platter was huge enough to serve five! When it came, our jaws literally dropped before both of us broke into laughter.

“I know I am famished, but this is…” I laughed.

He shook his head, “I seriously had no idea…!”

We took our time at the table, since that was the typical Parisian culture. No wonder the queues were so long – people don’t leave until they spent at least three hours in the restaurant!

 “I hope I didn’t bore you to death today,” Harry said after we had finally finished the huge platter and were relaxing with a bottle of red wine.

“Of course not!” I assured him. “It’s by far the most interesting day I ever had!”

He smiled shyly. “Glad to hear that.”

“Thanks for today,” I said.

He shook his head, “No, I should be the one thanking you. Thanks for coming out with me.”

I thought this was a good time to make clear. I took a deep breath. “Harry?”

He looked at me, “Hmm?”

“I…” I was at a loss of words. How should I put it?

“Yeah?” he looked at me, puzzled.

“There’s something I need to tell you,” I muttered.

I felt his glaze fixed on my face.

“I…”

His hand came across the table and took mine before he exclaimed, “Why are your hands so cold? Are you cold?” He rubbed my hands in his.

I smiled, “My hands tend to freeze easily. Don’t worry about it.”

“You sure?” His face worried.

I nodded.

“What is it that you want to tell me?” he asked.

That’s right! I wanted to tell him something.

“I wanted… wanted… to… “ I stammered. Why was this so hard?

“Is it about us?” he prompted.

I looked at him before lowering my eyes to the table. “Yes,” I murmured.

“What is it about?”

I took another deep breath. “Harry,” I began. “You are a nice guy. And you are very cute. But…”

“But you don’t like me,” he completed my sentence.

I checked his face for signs but there were no signs of hurt or anything. In fact, he wore a soft small smile on his face.

“I…”

“It’s alright,” he said. “Sometimes, it just doesn’t work. You don’t have to force yourself to like me back.”

“I’m sorry…”

He smiled, “Silly. You don’t have to feel sorry.”

“I just feel… bad…”

“You don’t have to feel bad for me. I’m happy you agreed to come out with me!”

“What makes you like me anyway?” I teased.

He blushed, “You caught my eye when I first saw you at the signing. I was even more impressed when you played the drums.”

I raised an eyebrow, “I caught your eye?”

He nodded sheepishly.

“But… how come…?” I couldn’t understand it. There must be hundreds more beautiful girls than me that day!

“I don’t know,” he shrugged simply. “Maybe it’s the glint in your eyes, or the way you replied me or, I don’t know,” he admitted.

“The way I replied you?” I laughed. “I don’t think I was being friendly…”

“That’s why!” he pointed out. “You were not like the other girls who screamed and go crazy. You were indifferent! I was curious.”

“Seriously,” I said. “I never knew about you guys before that day.”

“No?”

“No,” I answered. “I don’t really follow the mass.”

“You are a strange one,” he laughed. “What are you? An alien? What do you listen to?”

“I listen to classical?”

He rolled his eyes, “Omg!”

“Totally lost interest now?” I joked.

“Absolutely!” he laughed before straightening his face. “But seriously,” he continued. “You are different from the other girls I’ve liked before.”

I looked at him questioningly.

He continued, “You are the most un-girly girl I’ve met. Not interested in your looks. Never bother to dress up. Not interested in guys. Yet, you are beautiful in your own way.”

He smiled, “You are genuine. You are you. And that what’s makes you special.”

“Thanks,” my throat was throbbing a lump.

“It is my loss that you don’t like me in return,” he said. “I hope you are not lesbian, are you?”

I whacked his hand lightly, “No!”

“Good to hear,” he chuckled. “Just testing.”

“So,” I looked at him hopefully. “Still friends?”

“Of course!” he smirked. “I’m going to bug you every day!”

“Whatever for?” I asked, puzzled.

“Bug you till you like me!”

I laughed. I knew he was just joking and I was glad we were still friends. I don’t think it’s his loss – in fact, I should say, it’s my loss I don’t get to date Harry Styles. But he’s a nice guy. Someday, he’ll meet a girl who will love him back.

♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪  ♫   ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪

“Thanks for today,” I said when Harry dropped me off at my door.

“Thank you to you too,” he smiled as he drew me into a hug.

“If you like him, go for it,” he said when he released me.

“Huh?” I shot him a puzzled look.

He grinned, “There’s someone else you like, isn’t it?”

How on earth did he know?

He saw my surprised look and chuckled, “I’m right.”

I looked up at him.

“I have a hunch that you have someone else in your mind from the very beginning. Just that I’m not sure who he is. At first, I thought it might be your friend back from school. But apparently he wasn’t the one.”

“And?”

“And, I have a feeling that someone else besides me, likes you too.”

“Huh?”

“I’m not sure if he’s the someone else you like but I’m quite sure I’m right about him liking you. Just that he doesn’t want to show it. He’s probably worried that I’ll get even with him,” he laughed.

“I don’t know what you are talking about.” Now, I’m really confused. What someone else I like and someone else who likes me? What on earth was Harry talking about?

“Never mind,” he chuckled. “We shall see. If need be, I’ll do something to help him.”

I shook my head, “Don’t know what you are talking about.”

“Anyway,” he continued. “If he does treat you badly, let me know. I will stand up for you. Just know that no matter what happens, we will always stand up for you.”

“Okay…”

He smiled as he ruffled my hair like what you would do to a little child, “You are just like a little sister to all of us.”

“Thank you,” I replied softly.

“So, little sister,” he said. “Don’t be afraid to fight for your love.”

I narrowed my eyes.

“Good night,” he kissed me on my cheek and bade me into my room.

***AUTHOR'S NOTE***

Okay, I have nothing in storage now. I have uploaded everything :-) 3 chapters at one go. Hope they are good! Have to say sorry to Harry's fans - as much as he likes Jo, I have to pull him out since he was not meant to be the main character. But I think it's better he stays as a nice supporting character. And I've portrayed him as being generous enough to give up without making an ugly fuss :-) And from now on, I guess that's why the story continues. I'm going to add some more world tour stuff as well. So if you want any other place (except US at the moment, coz they are out... I'll try to squeeze something back in again later, if possible) - let me know~ They are definitely coming to Asia - so hint* the story won't end before that!

Cheers!

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

1.1M 45.2K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
147K 3.5K 39
All Maddy wanted was a new pair of shoes. Well..that and the satisfaction of embarrassing a snotty celebrity. But when she comes across Harry Styles...
2.3K 55 45
NOT MY STORY! Read this on fanfiction.net and it's absolutely incredible! I wanted to share it on here. It wasn't been updated since 2014 but is com...
1.1M 49.5K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC