Saving The Gangsta

AlaskaJohnson99 द्वारा

Taylor Valentine is a fighter. A cold-blooded, ruthless fighter with a heart so cold that even the snakes fea... अधिक

|| S A V I N G T H E G A N G S T E R ||
A E S T H E T I C
o n e
t w o
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v en t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e
e p i l o g u e

t h r e e

9.5K 284 18
AlaskaJohnson99 द्वारा

a s t r i d 

------------------

I am not the kind of princess that needs saving. Frankly, I'm not a princess at all. You can be the gallant prince all you want, I don't mind. But get the part about saving me out of your heard. I am not a damsel in distress. I don't need saving. I'm not trapped. I am not weak. I don't need help. If I am anything, I am a dragon. And if you get too close to me, I'll burn everything.

------------------ 

I wonder sometimes, maybe the stars aren't stars at all, but a map to get out of this place.

Life too often feels like a battle, one in which the only prize is death.

Walking into the gang's house, anxiety clutched my throat- reminding me desperately of all the secrets which I needed to hide.

Not for my benefit however, but for all of theirs.

I heard they were all wicked, a monument of death and loyalty.

Yet I knew I was much worst. My past was far from pretty and I still ran from most of the people sent to slaughter me in the safety of my home.

These people had committed crimes, that I already knew.

But they still have a family, they still have each other.

I have little to no one left, I have nothing left to lose.

"So are you the King of this territory?" I asked, sarcasm leaking like an everlasting toxin from my words.

He chuckled numbly, shaking his head at my words. "We don't have any Kings or Queens here, just Becca and the gang."

"Ah of course. Rebecca Clarke, how could I forget." I didn't say it like a question, because I knew it wasn't. I knew he could see right through my facade, I was afraid of what would happen if they recognised me.

Astrid Cleveland was a recent acquaintance. A name I acquired just 2 years ago. I never saw the point of keeping the same identity constantly, I'm not the same person I was yesterday, or last week, or last month.

Of course, nobody else could find out this information or I'd be in more trouble than I already am.

I gazed into the boy's eyes, searching idly for any trace of answers. We waited silently in a doorway, outside a room which was quite obviously full of people. The loud noise could not be mistaken for anything other than a group of teenagers.

Little sparks of gold and brown decorated his outer iris, illuminating the vibrant green buried deep beneath the hard exterior. His green eyes had more darkness to them than any brown eyes I had ever seen.

The door opened as Valentine soon ushered me in, I could feel the warm heat radiating off his hand, which he had placed just above the small of my back.

The famous face of Rebecca Clarke soon met my stare, her posture feeding off power and respect. Her pride was suffocating, it appeared to consume the entire room.

"My Top Members will introduce themselves, their rank and their speciality. Cleveland, you may start." Rebecca commanded, moving her hands behind her back.

A hello wouldn't have hurt.

"Astrid Cleveland, I specialise in almost everything." I smirked as she narrowed her eyes at me, reacting almost instantly to my defiance.

I knew from that first stare that we would never get along. She fed off the fear and respect of others, and I was an epidemic of deviance and disrespect.

"Becca Clarke, leader. Speciality in firearms." Confidence oozed off her like a bad smelling odour. I automatically didn't like it. She thought she was above me.

That's hilarious.

Military family. Maybe Cops. The muscles in her arms and resistance in her eyes shows training.

The brunette next to her spoke up. Her eyes were guarded but soft. I couldn't decide whether she was a threat or not. She looked about my age, maybe a few months difference. I recognised her before she spoke.

"Alexi Clarke. Second in command. Knives." She nodded her head at me,  "Welcome to the gang, Miss Cleveland." She put her hand forward kindly and I shook it.

Streetfighter. Military- similar to Rebecca.

I liked her.

Wait.

Clarke?

"How are you sisters?" I questioned, pointing between them. Alexi beamed at me and even Becca let out a small smile.

Everybody knew the story of Alexi Caldwell and her psycho brothers. On the streets she was most commonly known as Alexi Clarke, ruthless, cold, brutal. Not many people knew her original name, and those who did certainly did not know the story behind it.

"No, we had both our names changed after we met. My twin brothers here though, but he has a different name." Alexi pointed to somebody behind me, I turned around to see a small boy behind me. His head faced down in a natural position, his eyes directly diverted to anywhere other than my face.

Small. Shy. Submissive.

Broken.

I looked at him expectantly, trying to keep a passive expression on my face. I didn't know these people, I couldn't trust them.

Even though I want too.

"Asher Caldwell. I'm not a member." I smiled at him.

"Nice to meet you, Asher." I said sincerely, not making a move to shake his hand. In all honesty, he looked like he'd have a heart attack if I even took a step forward.

But damn, he is cute.

I turned to the next person in the line. It was the guy who got me away from Rogue- Taylor Valentine.

The words I wanted to say remained stuck in my throat.

Thank you for getting me away from that hell.

His eyes looked up to meet mine as though he heard me say it. My breathing hitched as I stared into his breathtaking eyes. A myriad of emotions lingered in the dark eyes; anger, confusion, suspicion.

Desire.

"Taylor Valentine." His deep voice spoke, sending unwarranted shivers down my spine. "Third in command. Fist fighting." I nodded my head calmly but inside, my blood was racing.

Over a fucking boy of all things.

Alpha Male. Highest ranking boy. Trained from a young age. No family.

Taylor let out an unexpected shout of pain as two people pushed past him aggressively yet jokingly. I stepped back as they pushed each other until they were both facing me.

More twins.

But this time they were identical.

"Shae and Sawyer Haynes at your service ma'am." One of them said, grinning mischievously at me.

Twin number 2 got onto his knees and held my hand, bringing it too his mouth to plant a small kiss on it. "Specialities in explosives, electronics and women. " He planted a second kiss onto my hand as I laughed loudly at his flirtatious manner. "Well, I am. Shae's all loved up." He shivered, looking disgusted as Becca and Shae both blushed. That definitely wasn't obvious.

The jokers. Might be a defence or manipulation technique. Close bond- unbreakable. Dependant on each other.

A boy with vibrant bleach blond hair approached me next. I could sense a cold aura about him, making me on edge. He nodded his head once but didn't make any move to shake my hand. "Jayce Snow. Fighter."

Isolated. Messenger perhaps. Bad past. No family.

Three people came up to me next; two boys and one girl. They seemed careless and relaxed, unlike every other person in this place, minus the twins. The girl spoke first, my eyes were caught instantly by her flawless skin. She was gorgeous.

"Hey, I'm Scarlett Keller. Guns and rifles for me." She embraced me into a hug, I hugged her back hesitantly. "I think we'll get along just fine, Astrid. It's about time there was another girl here to put them idiots into their place."

"I agree." I affirmed. Mischief sparked into my veins as I looked at the two raven haired boys stood behind her.

"Addy Reynolds. I help plan the missions and mentor the kids. Nice to meet you." He shook my hand and I let my eyes wander down his body. Oh god, he was hot.

Not as hot as Taylor.

Addy blushed deeply once he caught me shamelessly looking. I smirked and winked suggestively at him before bursting out into a fit of laughter. "I'm just messing with you, Addy."

"Oh." He blushed again and I chuckled before squeezing his cheek.

"Uh hello. I also exist." 

The second boy spoke up narrowing his eyes at me. I narrowed mine. He uncrossed his arms and I crossed mine. 

"Okay, I like you. I'm Hayden Silva. Fourth in command and I work with explosives." He shrugged before pulling me into a hug suddenly. "And I'm a hugger." He added.

"I've gathered." He released me. "It's just a bit surprising seen as erm..." I broke off.

"All of the members seem like miserable dicks?" Addy blurted, seeming quite entertained.

"Yeah..."

Hayden chuckled before wrapping an arm across my shoulder. "That's because they are. But don't worry, we're not. I think we're the only ones who actually remember we're only teens."

"That's good. I tend to act older than I'm forced to. I don't see the need." I agreed, my words having a deeper meaning than intended.

It seemed crazy to think I was still just a child. My life shouldn't have been anything like this.

"Exactly, now that's Oli Blackwell. Only 14 but can work like Harry Potter with computers." Hayden pointed to a kid sat with a computer. He didn't seem to acknowledge us but he waved without diverting his eyes off the monitor.

"That's Devil Keller and Dylan Noonan, basically inseparable. Devil's probably the only 14 year old who knows how to use a knife like the back of his hand and don't even get me started on Dylan and his firearms. They're cute but they're deadly." Addy spoke quietly, as though he thought they were going to be able to hear us even though they were sat on the other side of the room.

"Devil? Is that his real na-" Scarlett interrupted me.

"Don't even go there. Last time someone said his real name, Sawyer ended up with a knife stuck in his back and a dagger in his leg. He's never been able to walk the same. My brothers violent when he sees reason to be. " She said, staring at the knife Devil held so confidently in his hand.

"Seriously? He's just a kid." I voiced, shock penetrating my voice.

Addy muttered quietly under his breath, but I caught it. "Be careful, Astrid. He may look like a boy but he's a fucking demon."

Hayden gazed at me, biting his lip. "Age doesn't matter anymore. Years doesn't determine maturity or experience, damage does. That kids seen more things than most of us."

"Okay, what about them four then?" I quizzed, pointing to the group of boys playing snooker.

Scarlett went to speak but Addy jumped in. "That's River McCaffrey. He's the group joker but can be your worst nightmare if you fuck with the things he cares about." Addy stared at him lovingly, adoration clear in his eyes.

"Are you two...?" I pointed between them, trying to insinuate something. Addy nodded his head and I squealed loudly. "About fucking time we have some happiness in this city." I squealed loudly again and Hayden covered his ears.

"Geez women, chill out." I huffed at his complaint. "Next one's Xander Carver. He's really smart and works with Oli and stuff like money laundering, fraud, etc... He doesn't speak much but when he does, he's worth listening to."

"He looks young." I commented, looking at his babyish face.

How many kids has society ruined?

"He is. He's 14. Most of us started out young so it's not really weird anymore. Alexi got him away from a bunch of dealers who was after his money. He's been here for about 8 months now..." Addy trailed off. "Okay, next person is none other than Jesse Cooney. 18 years old and can fight like a bull. Of course, he's never been able to beat Lex or Tay but he managed to beat Jayce a couple of times, which is quite an achievement."

"What about that one?" I nodded my head to an older looking boy sat in the corner watching their game. He looked undeniably familiar, and as he moved his head up to meet my eyes, I understood why.

Eric.

Recognition flashed dangerously on his face and his eyes narrowed into the scar on my neck peeking out of my shirt.

"Ah." Scarlett hesitated. "That's Erin Sampson. He's only 16. We rescued him from one of The Scars torture houses about 16 months ago. They fucked him up and murdered his entire family in front of him. Oli's parents went the same way and Devil saw ours go too. You're lucky that Lex and Bex ordered for Tay to get you out. They would've messed you up. They'd destroy everything you love right in front of you."

The Scars murdered his entire family in front of him.

Torture houses.

Rogue took him too.

I shook my head, tears threatening to light my eyes. "There's nothing left that I Love anyway."

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

759K 14.8K 31
Warning ⚠️ I wrote this book when I was 13, you have been warned I walked up to her and pushed her to my chest. "I think you should stop flirting wi...
The Mafia's Son ehrikuhhh द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

4.9M 109K 65
Hailey Summers. I knew she was gonna be a problem for me the second my eyes fell on her in the school hall way that day. I didn't know anything abou...
2.4M 70.9K 37
The Bad Boys Little Fighter Two people that seem so different, but are they really? Luka Knight, the bad boy of the school. The gang leader. The one...
243K 2.2K 67
"Why can't we be together?" "Because then i'll have to kill you." - Cassie lived with her big sister Ariene, She never really knew her parents, Cassi...