My Crazy Life (Lab Rats)

De Writing_Babe

When Alex Martin meets the Davenport siblings, she doesn't think her life could get any crazier. What happens... Mais

My Crazy Life
Rats on a Train
Exoskeleton vs. Grandma
Bionic Birthday Fail
Death Spiral Smackdown
Back To The Future
Chip Switch and Nightmares
Drone Alone
Dude, Where's My Lab?
Night Of The Living Virus
Mission Invisible and The Truth is Out
Mission: Space
New Book

Leo's Jam

21.2K 380 555
De Writing_Babe

Settling in with the Davenports was something odd, something I couldn't very well explain. Unpacking whatever belongings I had gave me a sense of relief, the one thing I hadn't had in months. Tasha and Mr. Davenport had immediately began the adoption process after our discussion in my hospital room, and after a few weeks, I was officially a Davenport. Though I didn't take the name. Martin was my mother's maiden name, and as long as I kept her name, she would always be a part of me.

My father was currently in jail awaiting trial. I couldn't stop the tears from falling when I heard the news. After so many months of being hit and beaten, I was finally safe. He could no longer hurt me, and that alone was the greatest feeling in the world. I denied the chance to be a witness, afraid that if I faced him, I would break down and have a panic attack. Luckily, there was enough evidence to put him away without needing a statement.

Once I recovered from my latest injuries, I returned to school, alongside Adam, Bree, and Chase, whom Davenport allowed to officially enroll. Leo couldn't be happier to have more friends at school, in hopes that maybe less people would bully him. And by people, I mean Trent.

The school's football star and douche bag.

And bastard.

Pretty much any name you could think of.

Trent had bullied Leo almost the second he began high school, always picking on him for being short, having no friends (I took offense to that), and being too skinny. But when Chase's commando app, some sort of flight or fight switch activated, he turned into Spike, a ruthless and vicious animal-like person. The one thing I noticed was his eyes, that went from a calming brown color, to almost black. It was almost like a demon possessed his body.

Despite my disliking towards Spike, I did enjoy the show he put on. For once, Trent looked like the fool. I kicked myself for not recording his humiliation.

Walking into school with Adam, Chase, and Leo by my side, I took notice of the posters hanging around. Dance posters, to be exact. Great. I hated school dances. The last school dance I went to was in the eighth grade, and it did not turn out well.

"Guys, with the dance coming up, I thought you could use a lesson on how to ask a lady out." Leo said, causing me to roll my eyes.

"And you're the teacher?" I joked, earning a glare from Leo. Adam and Chase chuckled.

He stopped glaring at me and started to stare at the blonde who was sitting on the bench a few feet away from us.

I immediately recognized the blonde. "You're planning on asking out Danielle?"

"Danielle? Isn't she the girl who uses you as a foot stool in math class?" Chase asked.

"Where else is she supposed to put her feet? On the floor?" Leo looked at Chase in disbelief. "Open your notebooks boys, 'cause class is in session."

"Well, this is a class I want to ditch. See ya." I patted his back before stalking off, heading towards my locker to grab my books. As I shut the metal door, I noticed Bree make her way towards her brothers. Realizing I still had a few minutes before the bell would ring, I made my way back over.

"Nobody's asked you, have they?" Chase was asking his sister.

Bree shook her head sadly. "No. I really want to go with that guy." She gestured to two guys talking by the wall of lockers, one of them sporting brown hair and the other black. "His name's Ethan. We sit next to each other in Chemistry. Coincidence? I think not." She let out a sigh. "I have no idea what to do."

"Just ask him out." I suggested, shrugging. "Can't hurt."

"Or I can do this." Chase murmured, pushing his hair behind his hair. "Bionic hearing." He told me at my look of confusion. I nodded, smiling slightly. "He's talking about a girl he thinks is cute." He announced after a few moments of silence. "Ew, he's talking about you!"

Bree squealed, jumping up and down in her spot.

"He's coming over right now to ask you to the dance." A look of panic crossed Chase's face, and he quickly placed his hair back over his ear.

"What? No! Now? Really?" She spluttered nervously.

I occupied myself with my phone as Ethan walked over, greeting Bree and the rest of us.

"Hi, Ethan!" Bree blurted out, smiling widely. Oh, boy. She stalled, her eyes darting almost everywhere. She suddenly pointed to a random place in the hall. "What is that over there?" As soon as Ethan turned around, she was gone, speeding down the hallway.

He turned around, a puzzled look on his face. "Where'd she go?"

Adam laughed nervously. "But more importantly, what is that over there?"

He was gone in an instant with Chase and Leo.

I smiled, rocking on the heels of my feet. "Well, uh, bye!" I took off in a sprint, cursing the three boys who ditched me.

Xxx

After school, Adam, Chase, and Leo went down to the lab while Bree and I went to my room. I honestly loved my room. It was painted a really nice magenta color that I was just in love with. I had a flat screen TV that hung on the wall and a computer desk with my laptop on top. I would stay in my room all day if I didn't look like a loser.

"Do you think I scared Ethan off today?" Bree asked, a saddened look on her face.

I shook my head. "I don't think so. But tomorrow, you have to ask him to the dance."

"What if I make a fool out of myself?"

"Bree, you won't. Just stay calm and don't go speeding off down the hall." I laughed.

"Yeah, that wasn't my best idea." She chuckled, looking down at her phone. "So are you going to the dance?"

"Doubt it. I don't have a date and dances aren't really my thing."

"You should ask Chase?"

If I had a water in my mouth, I would've done a spit take.

"Uh, what?"

"You heard me." She looked up from her phone and smirked. "I know you like, Chase."

I could feel my cheeks burning with the blush that was forming. I didn't know when it happened, and I didn't know how, but I had developed a crush on the youngest bionic. When I was settling into my new home, he never left my side. He helped me unpack and even gave me a tour of the house. With Adam and Bree, I immediately felt a connection that one would with siblings, but I didn't with Chase.

"Is it that obvious that I like him?" I asked, looking down at my lap.

"Not really, but I noticed that anytime you two talked, you would always smile like an idiot. But don't worry, he like's you too."

My eyes widened and I started shaking my head. "You must be insane if you think he likes me." She was just trying to make me feel better, I just knew it.

"Alex, I'm not insane, and Chase actually likes you."

"Whatever you say, Bree." I mumbled.

Xxx

I stifled a yawn as I entered the school the next morning, my art project tucked neatly underneath my arm. I was up almost half the night finishing it, wanting it to be perfect. I stopped in my tracks as I caught sight of Adam under a bunch of lockers

I walked over to Chase, who was watching the scene in front of him. "Uh, do I want to know what's going on?"

"We're helping Leo get Danielle to go to the dance with him." He replied.

"And that includes Adam pretending to be trapped?"

"Yes! Now watch."

Once Danielle came into view, Chase turned to Leo. "Commence phase one of operation: Lady for Leo."

Leo cleared his throat, getting into character. "Oh, no! This man is trapped. He looks like he needs a hero to save him." I always knew Leo was a bad actor, but this was just pitiful. I quickly glanced at Danielle who was staring at the scene in front of her. You could tell from her facial expressions that she was falling for this sad, sad act. "I will take charge and heroically do just that."

"I will take charge and heroically do just that." Pretending to lift the lockers off Adam's body, the bionic used his super strength and removed the wall of metal doors from atop his body.

"Oh, you're a true take charge hero." Adam told his "hero".

"I think I just puked." I muttered. Chase laughed from beside me.

Danielle rushed over to the boys, an amazed look present. "Oh, my gosh. I can't believe that just happened."

Dumb. This girl was so damn dumb.

"You know, it takes a big man to do something like-"

Leo was interrupted as Danielle pushed past him to stand in front of Adam. "Glad you're not hurt. You must be so strong."

"Wait, what? He's not the strong one, I'm the strong one!" My best friend exclaimed.

"Maybe I should walk you to the nurse's office."

"Oh, but what about Leo?" Adam asked.

She smiled. "He's not hurt."

"Look at me!" Leo shouted. "I'm an open wound!"

She sidled closer to Adam, asking him to go to the dance, in which he happily agreed. The crestfallen look on Leo's face made me want to take the Barbie's heel and smack her over the head with it. She was not worth all this trouble.

When she finally walked away, Leo sent a glare Chase's way. "Great plan, Chase."

"What are you talking about? That didn't go at all like we thought it would." Adam laughed.

Oh, jeez.

Xxx

"Well, if it isn't Miss flash and scram." Chase teased as Bree walked over to us.

"Ha Ha. Very funny." She rolled her eyes. "I think I scared Ethan off."

"Bree, we went over this yesterday." I told her. She shrugged.

"We'll if you're planning on asking him to the dance, here's your chance." Chase said, spotting Ethan. "He's at his locker."

"Just stay calm." I told her. She nodded and walked over to Ethan.

The next thing I knew, Bree was on top of the lockers. Ethan looked around for Bree but all I did was point to where she was situated.

"You were-Why are you up there?" Ethan asked. I covered my hand with my mouth and stifled a laugh.

"Oh, you know. Helping out the janitor. This place is dusty." Bree said, gliding her finger across the top of the lockers.

"Ethan, Bree will text you later." I told him. He nodded slowly and walked away. Bree jumped off the top of the lockers and hugged me.

"You're the best." She smiled.

"I know."

When I walked into the cafeteria the next day, I noticed Chase walk in. Now I normally never eavesdrop, but I just couldn't help myself. I knew Chase wanted to talk to her about Adam and Leo and how she should take Leo to the dance. I thought it was sweet how he was trying to make things right, and that just made my crush grow.

But when Danielle announced she was taking Chase to the dance, my jaw dropped. And the worst part? He didn't even care that she had pushed Adam aside like dust under the rug. So much for Chase liking me, too.

Feeling like I got kicked in the stomach, I made my way out of the cafeteria, greeting Adam and Leo who were chatting away by the lockers.

"Hey." They greeted back. "Alex, are you going to the dance tonight?" Leo asked.

"I don't think so. I don't have a date."

"You should go with Chase." Adam said. "He's dateless."

I shook my head. "Not anymore." I gave them a weak smile before walking away, leaving them slightly confused.

Xxx

I hummed under my breath, my eyes fixated on my ceiling as I wiggled my sock-clad toes. My thoughts were racing, my mind trying to wrap around the fact that three boys were hell-bent on trying to get a girl to fall for them. Couldn't they see that she didn't care for them? How did Chase, the smartest man alive, not see that?

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door, followed by Tasha's voice.

"Come in!" I called. I sat up and moved so I was now leaning against the head board.

"Hey Alex," She smiled and sat at the edge of my bed. "Are you going to the dance tonight?"

I shook my head. "No. Besides, I don't have a date."

"You don't need a date to have fun. I say go."

"Even if I wanted to go, I don't have anything to wear."

"Well, then it's time to shop!" She stood up and pulled me with her. "Let's go to the mall!"

One hour and five dresses later, I was back home getting ready for the dance. I picked out a white strapless dress that featured a figure flattering design with a sweetheart surplice neckline, bowed sash at the natural waist, and modest length on the layered skirt. I also bought a pair of black heels that was only about an inch high.

Tasha curled my brunette hair to perfection and I absolutely loved it. She added a touch of makeup before I was finally ready.

"You look gorgeous, Alex." Tasha gushed.

"Thanks, Tasha." I checked the time on my phone and it read 6:15 PM. "I better get going since the dance starts in fifteen minutes." I told her.

"Alright, I'll drive you." We rushed out of the house and in a matter of minutes, Tasha's car was parked in front of the school. I thanked her before heading inside. Adam, Bree, Chase, and Leo must've gotten a ride from Davenport since they weren't in the house when we left.

When I walked into the gym, all eyes were on me. I got that I didn't dress very girly, but I didn't need to be stared at. I found Adam and Leo on the other side of the gym by the snack table, so I made my way towards them.

"Hey." They didn't respond. I snapped my fingers in front of them. "Damn, so I wore a dress. Big deal."

"Sorry, but I've never seen you in a dress before." Leo said.

I rolled my eyes. "Where's Bree?"

"Oh, she glitched while dancing with Ethan and they both ended up outside." Adam explained.

"Okay," I slowly nodded. "And where's Chase?"

Adam and Leo started laughing. "Turn around."

I did as told and the scene in front of me was truly terrifying. Chase was dancing with Danielle, though I wouldn't call it dancing. I turned back around and glared at the two boys in front of me. "What did you do?"

Leo laughed. "I taught Chase that stupid dance so he could look like an idiot in front of Danielle."

I smacked him upside the head. "Why the hell would you do that?"

"Because he stole my woman!"

"Leo, she's not your woman! She doesn't even care about you! Why would you want to be with someone who doesn't even acknowledge your existence? You deserve so much better than that." I exclaimed, flailing my arms around. Adam and Leo both stood in front of me, shock, written across their faces.

"But she's hot!" Leo whined. I rolled my eyes and walked away.

"Uh Alex?" I whipped my head around and noticed Dean, one of the most popular guys in our sophomore class, behind me.

"Hey, Dean. What's up?" I smiled.

"Would you like to dance?"

My smile widened. "I'd love to."

Since it was a slow song, I had to wrap my arms around his neck as his went around my waist. We just swayed to the music, but about halfway into the song, things took a turn for the worst. Dean's hands traveled down to my ass and I gasped when he squeezed them. I slapped him across the face and stormed outside.

The nerve of that fucking perv!

I sat down on the steps of the school, bringing my knees up to my chest and wrapping my arms around them. His touch still lingered, and I squeezed my eyes shut in hopes it would make it go away. I could hear shuffling from beside me, and my eyes snapped open as he spoke.

"Are you okay?"

I looked at Chase, resisting the urge to roll my eyes. "I'm great. Why aren't you inside dancing with Danielle?" Just saying her name made me want to wash my mouth with soap.

He scratched the back of his neck. "Uh, she pretty much laughed in my face. I really didn't want to stay in there." I nodded, forcing myself to not blurt out 'I told you so.' "I saw what happened with that guy."

"I knew I shouldn't have come to the dance." I shook my head. "And I definitely shouldn't have agreed to dance with him. He's known for using girls. I'm just an idiot."

"No, he's the idiot." He stated. "I haven't known you that long, Alex, but you're an amazing girl. You didn't know dancing with him would lead to that. Don't beat yourself up about it."

I nodded, a smile tugging at my lips. "Thanks, Chase." I stood up, pulling Chase up with me. I dragged him back inside, settling on the dance floor.

"Are you sure you want to dance with me?" He questioned nervously. "I don't want to embarrass you."

"You can never embarrass me." I told him.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, his arms wrapping around my waist. A smile etched onto my face as I rested my head on his shoulder, the two of us silent as we swayed to the music. His cologne filled my senses, and if I listened intently, I could hear his rhythmic heartbeat.

If only he could hear mine.

It was beating out of control.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

10.6K 221 28
A lot has happened to Cassie and her siblings since season one. With the defeat of Krane, Mr. Davenport creates the world's first Bionic Academy. Ada...
3.5K 191 17
In the Davenport Bionic Academy, amid conflicts and twists with the students and their past, and the responsibilities of the academy, Chase and Harpe...
85.1K 1.9K 13
Leo wanted his new step-siblings to experience a normal teenage experience. For Chase Davenport, that meant meeting and falling for a girl. However...
68.8K 1.7K 25
When bree smashes her chip she finds out the truth about her past. Bree becomes weaker without her chip and finds out that's what was keeping her ali...